Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,933 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor (43913 Views)

Demolition Threat: Tinubu May Sacrifice You – Daniel Bwala Warns Wike / Ministerial Slots: The Battle Of Godfathers, Godsons (list) / 2019: Meet The New Powerful ‘godfathers’ Who May Shape Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by dstar01(m): 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2020
Once bitten twice shy... grin

7 Amazing reasons to start your own business in 2020:

Starting a business of your own can open a world of opportunities and options. A close look at successful entrepreneurs indicates that the majority of them run their own business which brings in a residual income stream. Below are some of the reasons why you need to start your own business this year:
Imagine how it would feel to get up at your own sweet time and not hurry to office in the regular chaos of snarling traffic. And then, to begin the day as though you are fresh from home and nothing has happened. You are your boss, and you determine when to resume and when to close.
Extra Income has not hurt anyone up to now, and it should not be hurting you either. If you are willing to do that extra bit of work or travel that extra mile for your boss, I am sure you will be more than willing to do so for yourself, especially if you feel that it would improve the quality of life of you and your family.
Multiple streams of Income does not come for free. It involves hard work! It is not hard work when you are doing what you are passionate about. The benefits of creating multiple income streams far outweigh the risk and stress involved.
I consider it foolish working hard daily, only to be paid peanuts as salary every month. Just check the following benefits accruing to every business owner:

1.Confidence and Fulfillment:
Having your own business makes you more of a complete person who can proudly say that he/ she is an entrepreneur who has achieved something.

2. Limitations of earning do not exist:
You can earn as much as you want by just putting more effort and the risk of financial failure is ultimately eliminated

3. Work at your own pace:

The monotony of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm is eliminated. You have the advantage of being your timekeeper. Flexibility enables the average entrepreneur to perform at the optimum.

4. Job security and fear of unemployment becomes history:

The fear of been sacked ranks as the number one phobia among employees. This fear can become a major obstacle to achieving the goal of having your own business.

5. Flexibility to do whatever you want to do, whenever you want to do it:

Working for others can reduce you to a human-robot because your suggestions may sometimes be discarded at the expense of management policy and decisions.

6. You retire when you feel like not when you become old and weak:

I once had a boss who after retiring from service became too weak to do anything meaningful. This was someone who had put in 35 years of meritorious service to the company and here he was living in a company apartment. He did not have a home of his own, and to make matter worse, he did not have a business of his own. That was the day I decided to opt for a business of my own and end the rat race of paid employment.

7. You will be your boss with no one looking over your shoulder:

The joy and freedom to take the crucial decision that will ultimately shape your business can be exciting and at the same time challenging. It is, however, a motivational factor as an entrepreneur.

Success is very much achievable to everybody. Believe that and you have taken the first step on your way to starting your own business in 2020.

Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by VIPERVENOM(m): 1:23pm On Sep 30, 2020
jrusky:

Infact I love it that way if that is what you want to hear.

All that matter is apc must go down I don't care which party will take over.
Obviously you're a PDP supporter. U can't hide it
Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by ChukwuObe: 1:24pm On Sep 30, 2020
Temitopemo6e6:
The bullion van criminal has spoken the words of foolishness !!! This Devil will be brought to book soon. He has his eyes everywhere but nowhere. He’s a dead man walking.

You and your father that refused to train you properly will kick the bucket before him trust me
Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by ApostlePaul14: 1:29pm On Sep 30, 2020
What is the meaning of ' Oba square 11'?
Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by jrusky(m): 1:37pm On Sep 30, 2020
VIPERVENOM:
Obviously you're a PDP supporter. U can't hide it

Yes flesh and blood I'm with pdp as I said earlier what matter to me is apc must go down it doesn't matter which party kick apc and Buhari out what matter is apc must go down.
Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by asamaigho(m): 1:54pm On Sep 30, 2020
daddytime:
If you and your benefactor/friend's preferred candidate had won you wouldn't be saying this.

Partisan and partial Oba.

I lost respect for you when you decided to support evil and oppression by taking sides with that useless Captain and Oshiomole.

You were berating a sitting governor and his deputy at a so-called peace parley while refusing to call out Captain and Oshiomole who was ready to bankroll carnage if not that they met their match in the governor and his deputy and the wokeness of the citizens of Edo.

exactly my tots too.
cos i watched d clips

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 1:54pm On Sep 30, 2020
JidennaJason:
Never for once have I doubted the royal bromance between Oba Ewuare and the APC... Dude is always love-struck like a teenager anytime he sees the broom waving...

Unlike his father, (Omo N' Oba N' Edo, Uku Akpolokpolo, Oba Erediauwa) Ewuare has over time prove to be more partisan than some Politicians.

God bless the Victorious PDP
God bless Delta State.

You mean Oba of Benin supported the APC in the election ??
Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 1:56pm On Sep 30, 2020
daddytime:
If you and your benefactor/friend's preferred candidate had won you wouldn't be saying this.

Partisan and partial Oba.

I lost respect for you when you decided to support evil and oppression by taking sides with that useless Captain and Oshiomole.

You were berating a sitting governor and his deputy at a so-called peace parley while refusing to call out Captain and Oshiomole who was ready to bankroll carnage if not that they met their match in the governor and his deputy and the wokeness of the citizens of Edo.

Never knew the Oba supported Ize Iyamu.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by techtechh: 2:04pm On Sep 30, 2020
Osagyefo98:

God bless Edo not Delta.

grin So God shouldn’t bless delta
You are so funny
Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by Torg77: 2:11pm On Sep 30, 2020
Gbadungbadun99x:
This is the type of traditional ruler everyone should look up to. He is no doubt a father

LEARN PROJECT/RESEARCH ANALYSIS WITH SPSS & EVIEWS FOR JUST 5k.

Chat/call:> +234 814 565 8405

Your oba is weak. He is in the pockets of oshimole. When oshiomole was acting like a godfather, the mad man oba didn't say anything .

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by allthingsgood: 2:22pm On Sep 30, 2020
Myself2:

PDP governors are not jobless.
Rivers and Delta state are both richer than Edo state and the governors have mutual respect for Gov Obaseki their brother governor, that's why they helped him deal with Oshiomhole and his fake lions and tigers as well as that rotten tooth drug lord from Bourdillon.

So stop hating on PDP and face the reality of the bitter lesson that was taught to your political icons

sIGH
Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by allthingsgood: 2:24pm On Sep 30, 2020
jrusky:

Oga say something else. The truth is people hate apc for misusing God given chance to make a better change, so its over for apc.

apc is cancerous to humanity and must be flush out or kill completely. Enough is Enough.

Ok Mr man.

YINMU grin
Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by tholhusomhie: 2:49pm On Sep 30, 2020
This oba is fast aligning himself to victorious Obaseki. See wisdom. Or was it not at his gate Governor Godwin was booed during campaigns That said, can someone place camera on Oshopikin now. I wanna see his failed face.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by PresidentJosh20(m): 2:59pm On Sep 30, 2020
JidennaJason:
Never for once have I doubted the royal bromance between Oba Ewuare and the APC... Dude is always love-struck like a teenager anytime he sees the broom waving...

Unlike his father, (Omo N' Oba N' Edo, Uku Akpolokpolo, Oba Erediauwa) [b]Ewuare
has over time prove to be more partisan than some Politicians.

God bless Delta State.[/b]
Boss,learn to show some reverence for the king.
Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by salam8528: 4:33pm On Sep 30, 2020
ZKOSOSO:
Ok ....!
Godfatherism is running out of fashion worldwide...!

Edo no be Lagos....!! No Druglord can sniff the coffers again
but tax collectors can deep their hands into Edo treasury right?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by gaskiyamagana: 7:25pm On Sep 30, 2020
ZKOSOSO:
Ok ....!
Godfatherism is running out of fashion worldwide...!

Edo no be Lagos....!! No Druglord can sniff the coffers again
Sai Jagaban
Sai 2023
Premium wailing continues.
Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by gaskiyamagana: 7:30pm On Sep 30, 2020
CheGuevara101:

You don't have anything reasonable to say.

In Tinubu's case;

He appoints governors for Lagos State and at the same time sacks them.

He appoints Speaker of the house assembly and every other APC member.

He made his wife Senator

His son is in control of all the bill board (Neon signs) along lekki road.

He made His daughter Iya loje General of all the markets in lagos State.

His son in law is an honourable member

All the Agberos in Lagos State are under his wings

He collects 40% of internally generated revenue of Lagos State monthly.

All the decision making in Lagos State ends at his residence at Bourdilion

Osun State governor is his nephew

What about Alpha Beta?

What about the toll gate at lekki?

He converted the former Eti Osa local govt in ikoyi to his private property

The list is endless, a full page will not be enough, we will need a complete foolscap sheet to list all the crimes he has committed in Lagos state

New dimention in the Biafra wailing empire
Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by CheGuevara101(m): 7:33pm On Sep 30, 2020
gaskiyamagana:

New dimention in the Biafra wailing empire

Oponu Alagbe JAMIU, he pain am.

Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by okuta007: 7:40pm On Sep 30, 2020
JidennaJason:

Unlike his father, (Omo N' Oba N' Edo, Uku Akpolokpolo, Oba Erediauwa) Ewuare has over time prove to be more partisan than some Politicians.

God bless Delta State.

The Oba wanted APC to win with the way he was scolding Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu and praising Adams Oshomole in that so called peace meeting - he is pained that PDP won, if I am Obaseki, this is the last time he will see me in his palace until my tenure ends

This is Obaseki who kneels down to address the king each time the Oba visits him at the government house and always respects him BUT the Oba became political when he reminded Benin people of the role of Governor Obaseki’s great grand father Chief Agho Ogbeide Obaseki in the 1897 Benin invasion

that was highly inappropriate and that was the moment the Oba became partisan - knowing fully well that will irritate Benin people BUT the people are wiser and they didn’t take the bait

religion and traditional rulers are the problems we have in Africa- abolish these 2 and Africa will take off like a jet!!!

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by okuta007: 7:51pm On Sep 30, 2020
tholhusomhie:
This oba is fast aligning himself to victorious Obaseki. See wisdom. Or was it not at his gate Governor Godwin was booed during campaigns That said, can someone place camera on Oshopikin now. I wanna see his failed face.

Obaseki must be very careful of this Oba

the Oba will be comfortable with the likes of Oshomole- Ize iyamu- Captain Hosa- Tony Kabaka and co - he is obviously angry his friend Hosa lost out and he wants Obaseki to carry these liabilities along ? NEVER

Elections have consequences- they lost and they must remain in the political cooler for the next 4 years, there is nowhere in life failure is rewarded or losers collect a trophy

My dear Oba- we love you, but your thief of a friend Captain Hosa will not be in the scheme of things in Obaseki’s second term - tell him to refund the billions he collected to execute the airport Road contract which he never did

we are not fools - and APC lost, PDP won so face your shrine and leave we the people alone

IF you want to be Governor- go and register in APC and run for governorship in 2024 after all Oba Adesoji Aderemi the then Ooni of Ife was a Governor in the old western region in the first republic- so if you want to play politics come out and play it make we know

You don’t have the right to choose who will be Obaseki’s ally or enemies when you didn’t support him in his time of need - i beg clear road - who Oba epp ?

I hate nonsense!
Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by gaskiyamagana: 9:20pm On Sep 30, 2020
CheGuevara101:

Oponu Alagbe JAMIU, he pain am.
Omoale yoloba ni iwo.
Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by CheGuevara101(m): 9:30pm On Sep 30, 2020
gaskiyamagana:

Omoale yoloba ni iwo.

Boko Haram Terrorist

Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 30, 2020
Why? No be human being? Uniform na cloth na tailor dey sow am.
PresidentJosh20:

Boss,learn to show some reverence for the king.
Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 30, 2020
okuta007:

Obaseki must be very careful of this Oba

the Oba will be comfortable with the likes of Oshomole- Ize iyamu- Captain Hosa- Tony Kabaka and co - he is obviously angry his friend Hosa lost out and he wants Obaseki to carry these liabilities along ? NEVER

Elections have consequences- they lost and they must remain in the political cooler for the next 4 years, there is nowhere in life failure is rewarded or losers collect a trophy

My dear Oba- we love you, but your thief of a friend Captain Hosa will not be in the scheme of things in Obaseki’s second term - tell him to refund the billions he collected to execute the airport Road contract which he never did

we are not fools - and APC lost, PDP won so face your shrine and leave we the people alone

IF you want to be Governor- go and register in APC and run for governorship in 2024 after all Oba Adesoji Aderemi the then Ooni of Ife was a Governor in the old western region in the first republic- so if you want to play politics come out and play it make we know

You don’t have the right to choose who will be Obaseki’s ally or enemies when you didn’t support him in his time of need - i beg clear road - who Oba epp ?

I hate nonsense!
This particular Oba is a nuisance. He should be deposed. The whole institution is ubiquitous and an anachronism. Their ancestors oppressed and misruled us. They have no place in a true REPUBLIC.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by Etrusen(m): 11:18pm On Sep 30, 2020
jerseyboy:
This particular Oba is a nuisance. He should be deposed. The whole institution is ubiquitous and an anachronism. Their ancestors oppressed and misruled us. They have no place in a true REPUBLIC.

your father well well
Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 30, 2020
Etrusen:

your father well well

SLAVE
Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by okuta007: 12:40am On Oct 01, 2020
jerseyboy:

They have no place in a true republic - YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by fallout87: 12:47am On Oct 01, 2020
Why didn't this Oba warn Oshiomole?

He seems to only warn Obaseki. Hypocrite

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by okuta007: 12:50am On Oct 01, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Never knew the Oba supported Ize Iyamu.

The Oba wanted Ize-Iyamu to win - He was even telling Obaseki to learn from Jonathan and concede defeat when the election was yet to be conducted, this Oba taya me I swear down - it’s like Oshomole assured the Oba the election will be rigged and asked the Oba to tell Obaseki not to protest or contest it when the voodoo results are released - all that, go watch that palace meeting video again, watch the full video, if you can read body language and idiomatic expressions, you will know the Oba of Benin took sides with Oshomole and Ize Iyamu and I was so disappointed in him.

He was talking to Phillip Shaibu like he is one of his scepter beaters in the palace- that is the deputy governor of the state- no respect at all. Constitutionally the Oba is a subject of the governor and the deputy - Now I see why Ganduje deposed Sanusi as Emir of Kano, sometimes these bloated egos of archaic traditional rulers need to be cut to size

But God has put all of them to shame and here he is telling Wike not to become a god father in Edo, as if Wike is not richer than Obaseki, the Oba and Edo State put together. Can you compare Rivers to Edo in terms of resource allocation and derivation? what does Wike need Edo for when he has Rivers ? That’s an insult and the Oba must be cautioned to respect constitutional authority

I hate all this eye service - make Oba go relax , he should not allow me lose the remaining respect I have for him- make him go relax I beg!!!!

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by Nobody: 3:25am On Oct 01, 2020
okuta007:

The Oba wanted Ize-Iyamu to win - He was even telling Obaseki to learn from Jonathan and concede defeat when the election was yet to be conducted, this Oba taya me I swear down - it’s like Oshomole assured the Oba the election will be rigged and asked the Oba to tell Obaseki not to protest or contest it when the voodoo results are released - all that, go watch that palace meeting video again, watch the full video, if you can read body language and idiomatic expressions, you will know the Oba of Benin took sides with Oshomole and Ize Iyamu and I was so disappointed in him.

He was talking to Phillip Shaibu like he is one of his scepter beaters in the palace- that is the deputy governor of the state- no respect at all. Constitutionally the Oba is a subject of the governor and the deputy - Now I see why Ganduje deposed Sanusi as Emir of Kano, sometimes these bloated egos of archaic traditional rulers need to be cut to size

But God has put all of them to shame and here he is telling Wike not to become a god father in Edo, as if Wike is not richer than Obaseki, the Oba and Edo State put together. Can you compare Rivers to Edo in terms of resource allocation and derivation? what does Wike need Edo for when he has Rivers ? That’s an insult and the Oba must be cautioned to respect constitutional authority

I hate all this eye service - make Oba go relax , he should not allow me lose the remaining respect I have for him- make him go relax I beg!!!!
You are a rare clear thinking Nigerian. You do your ancestors proud.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by Etrusen(m): 6:01am On Oct 01, 2020
jerseyboy:

SLAVE

you can't just mind your business if you have no respect for your king that it's not surprising but that is what Afonjas do best friend
Re: Oba Of Benin Warns Wike, Others: We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor by Etrusen(m): 6:13am On Oct 01, 2020
jerseyboy:

SLAVE

look at who is calling someone slave, you whose ancestors were weakling and coward that could not stand that might of benin.

it's obviously u are pain because Benin taught your ancestors lessons of strongness

in a long run "goat can never give birth to lions" so that cowardice and foolishness that was in your ancestors is obviously flowing and dining with you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Laughs As Obaseki Fights Again / Buhari And Obiano: What Could Have Struck This Huge Laughter? (picture) / Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.