Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,905 members, 7,952,650 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:14 PM

Uninstall These 17 Android Apps Now, They Are Malware - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Uninstall These 17 Android Apps Now, They Are Malware (3840 Views)

Dangerous Android Virus Discovered, Uninstall These Apps From Your Phone / Uninstall These Two Android Apps Now! / WOW! Microsoft Apps Now Available For Your Android - Download Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uninstall These 17 Android Apps Now, They Are Malware by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 30, 2020
This is not the first time Malwares will be attacking the Android operating system most especially Joker malware; Now it has resurfaced again.

17 apps on the Google Play store are found to be containing Joker malware and you are being advised to uninstall them if you have any of those apps installed on your android device.

According to Zscaler Security Company, the apps in question were infected with the Joker malware. It steals SMS messages, contact lists, and device information, but the most serious threat it poses to users is automatic sign-ups to premium wireless application protocol (WAP) services. With WAP billing, users get a shock next time they receive their mobile phone bill as the service costs are charged directly to it.

The Joker malware circumvents the Google Play app vetting process through a combination of code tweaks, execution method variation, and changes to how it downloads the payload allowing it to function, steal information, and trigger the WAP service sign-ups. Google has removed the 17 infected apps from the Play Store and disabled them on devices where they are installed, thought to be in the region of 120,000 devices. The list of apps includes:

1,All Good PDF Scanner
2,Mint Leaf Message-Your Private Message
3,Unique Keyboard – Fancy Fonts & Free Emoticons
4,Tangram App Lock
5,Direct Messenger
6,Private SMS
7,One Sentence Translator – Multifunctional Translator
8,Style Photo Collage
9,Meticulous Scanner
10,Desire Translate
11,Talent Photo Editor – Blur focus
12,Care Message
13,Part Message
14,Paper Doc Scanner
15Blue Scanner
16,Hummingbird PDF Converter – Photo to PDF
17,All Good PDF Scanner*

If you already have the apps installed on your device, it is advisable you should manually disable and uninstall it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uninstall These 17 Android Apps Now, They Are Malware by chival(f): 6:44pm On Sep 30, 2020
Thanks for the warning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uninstall These 17 Android Apps Now, They Are Malware by Aamusa: 7:37pm On Sep 30, 2020
I keep getting this message when I visit some sites (Nothing shady). I've not installed any app recently, what might be the cause?
Re: Uninstall These 17 Android Apps Now, They Are Malware by Abiodunspectre(m): 8:24pm On Sep 30, 2020
Thanks OP for the information.
Re: Uninstall These 17 Android Apps Now, They Are Malware by Aamusa: 9:30pm On Sep 30, 2020
Aamusa:
I keep getting this message when I visit some sites (Nothing shady). I've not installed any app recently, what might be the cause?

I'm trying to upload a screenshot but it's not uploading. seun how far na
Re: Uninstall These 17 Android Apps Now, They Are Malware by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 30, 2020
someone trying to run another business down to be untop

1 Like

Re: Uninstall These 17 Android Apps Now, They Are Malware by Bombastically00(m): 11:09pm On Sep 30, 2020
Aamusa:
type d message here na
Re: Uninstall These 17 Android Apps Now, They Are Malware by Ketamine9000mg(m): 11:35pm On Sep 30, 2020
Do people really install these apps?

1 Like

Re: Uninstall These 17 Android Apps Now, They Are Malware by Jossyroyal1: 11:51pm On Sep 30, 2020
Thanks for this information

When Emergency occurs, the time to prepare has passed. Be prepared now, it wasn't raining when Noah built his Ark

Keep contacts with competent Emergency Ambulance service provider in Lagos, Nigeria.

See my signature

Re: Uninstall These 17 Android Apps Now, They Are Malware by Breastfeed: 1:17am On Oct 01, 2020
Nice one, thanks for the info
Re: Uninstall These 17 Android Apps Now, They Are Malware by Codevelom: 2:18am On Oct 01, 2020
Buy cheap mobile data for as low as 360 naira for 1GB

1 Share

Re: Uninstall These 17 Android Apps Now, They Are Malware by femi4: 7:58am On Oct 01, 2020
No1 and 17 though
Re: Uninstall These 17 Android Apps Now, They Are Malware by fatymore(f): 8:09am On Oct 01, 2020
Who are those using them
Re: Uninstall These 17 Android Apps Now, They Are Malware by Ironman3(m): 8:29am On Oct 01, 2020
Noted
Re: Uninstall These 17 Android Apps Now, They Are Malware by DenreleDave(m): 10:05am On Oct 01, 2020
Aamusa:

I'm trying to upload a screenshot but it's not uploading. seun how far na

Bros. Any update abt the ayinde family...
Re: Uninstall These 17 Android Apps Now, They Are Malware by MAHJOG(m): 4:10pm On Oct 01, 2020
OK GOT IT AND THANKS

(1) (Reply)

I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls / Top 10 Mobile Phones Operating Systems / Revealed: The Number One Phone Of Drug Dealers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.