Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,813 members, 7,824,380 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React (3304 Views)

Aminu Adamu Mocked The Death Of Deborah Samuel Before Aisha Buhari Tweet / Lai Mohammed Slams Twitter For Deleting Buhari's Tweet / Twitter Deletes Buhari’s Tweet About Nigerian Civil War - Peoples Gazette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React by EBMedia: 7:13pm On Sep 30, 2020
Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React (Screenshots)

Nigerians on Twitter have been reacting to the decision of the presidency to lock the comment section of the Tweet above on the President's official Twitter handle.

IgbereTV reports that the president had tweeted about the commissioning of the standard gauge railway line from Itakpe to Warri via the steel town complex of Ajaokuta. However, the comment section of the tweets was locked, making it impossible for Nigerians to share their thoughts on the commissioning.

The reactions from Nigerians varied. While some were against the decision to lock the comment section, others pointed out that the presidency opted for the decision to lock the comment section because Nigerians have in recent times spammed the comment section of any of President Buhari's tweets with ''I follow back'', ''Please Follow back''.

See the reactions below.

https://igberetvnews.com/1366589/presidency-locks-comment-section-president-buharis-tweet-nigerians-react-screenshots/

Lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React by EBMedia: 7:14pm On Sep 30, 2020
More

1 Share

Re: Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React by Jafar1: 7:16pm On Sep 30, 2020
Even the twitter handler knows the president is Underperforming...
So he is trying to avoid interrogations and people's views/opinions on the so called commissioning..

Buhari hired someone like him, both incompetent..
Trying to silence the citizens from all angle.

12 Likes

Re: Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React by Kriss216: 7:19pm On Sep 30, 2020
A president that his brain is locked, you expected his tweet to be unlocked

11 Likes

Re: Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React by festacman(m): 7:22pm On Sep 30, 2020
Much fuss about irrelevant things!

President Buhari's Twitter is his personal account. He reserves the right to lock, mute, block, etc as much as he desires. He could even decides to delete it, that's his headache. There is nowhere it is written that the President of Nigeria SHALL not use the control features of his social media accounts settings.

Happy Independence Day to all Nigerians.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React by Racoon(m): 7:22pm On Sep 30, 2020
Even the voice of reasoning cant be heard also.The voice of the people is the voice of God.

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React by midolian(m): 7:22pm On Sep 30, 2020
it's simply because the disgruntled pigz have taken over Twitter grin

I didnt also know this on time until during the last election..so much criticism on twitter that you would think he won't win a local government. We all know how it ended.

Buhari is loved by all..grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React by Bessppectt(f): 7:26pm On Sep 30, 2020
Seems they are feeling the heat.

8 Likes

Re: Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React by Kriss216: 7:26pm On Sep 30, 2020
midolian:
You’re a disgrace to your community if this is all you have to say.

17 Likes

Re: Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React by eugenenwajei(m): 7:27pm On Sep 30, 2020
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 30, 2020
Nigerians don’t have respect walahi.... hahahahhaha

Imagine gaining followers under Presidential tweets! Hahahahahaha

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React by BigSarah(f): 7:42pm On Sep 30, 2020
This what majority of Nigerians want so no complains
Re: Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:04pm On Sep 30, 2020
festacman:
Much fuss about irrelevant things!

President Buhari's Twitter is his personal account. He reserves the right to lock, mute, block, etc as much as he desires. He could even decides to delete it, that's his headache. There is nowhere it is written that the President of Nigeria SHALL not use the control features of his social media accounts settings.

Happy Independence Day to all Nigerians.

All celebrations are cancelled
No let police catch u outside
Police state loading

8 Likes

Re: Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React by Rhapsodia: 8:19pm On Sep 30, 2020
I fear who no fear Nigeria cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:29pm On Sep 30, 2020
midolian:

I didnt also know this on time until during the last election..so much criticism on twitter that you would think he won't win a local government. We all know how it ended.

Buhari is loved by all..grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React by midolian(m): 8:30pm On Sep 30, 2020
[quote author=BeeBeeOoh post=94480700][/quote]

Re: Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:32pm On Sep 30, 2020
[quote author=midolian post=94480723][/quote]

To nod you just dey hungry me sad

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React by seunmsg(m): 8:34pm On Sep 30, 2020
Twitter users have turned the president’s comment section to a follow back solicitation page so I quite understand the frustration of the handler. However, I disagree with the decision to lock the comment section. The few citizens who still engage the president’s tweets meaningfully should not be locked out. Their engagements provides meaningful feedbacks for the president.

They should simply ignore the follow back comments and concentrate on reading the feedbacks of the few that still engage the tweets meaningfully.
Re: Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React by Umueme: 8:34pm On Sep 30, 2020
lol....what did we expect?
Hate bill speech loading

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React by midolian(m): 8:49pm On Sep 30, 2020
BeeBeeOoh:
To nod you just dey hungry me sad
Abeg pity me. This one pass me o grin grin
Re: Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React by emeijeh(m): 9:32pm On Sep 30, 2020
Keep voting and clapping for clueless leaders.
Una never see anything yet.

Una don discuss BBN finish?

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:36pm On Sep 30, 2020
midolian:
Abeg pity me. This one pass me o grin grin
I always pity Man-U fans tongue
Re: Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:44pm On Sep 30, 2020
grin grin grin grin cheesy Buhari is afraid of the Nigerian mouth

Them for finish am grin grin grin

If you are still in doubt that we are not in a democratic setting, well here you are

He has failed over and over again

Scammer

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React by Enudapan: 9:46pm On Sep 30, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
Everyone for Nigeria nah better werey

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:01pm On Sep 30, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

All celebrations are cancelled
No let police catch u outside
Police state loading
So low!!!

Citizens are now afraid of those who should protect them while terrorists boldly walk freely even attack governors convoy

To think that people like you are supporting these ills is neuseating!!!

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React by JAMO84: 11:09pm On Sep 30, 2020
I have been expecting him to do this for a very long time. PDP Dundees always going to his comment section to write IFB. They can all relocate to Atikuchukwu Twitter handle.
Re: Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React by nairalandankrah: 11:13pm On Sep 30, 2020
The worst government in the history of Zoogeria...hide your Useless heads in shame

5 Likes

Re: Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React by Jossyroyal1: 11:18pm On Sep 30, 2020
undecided

To think we still have 3yrs to go before we can discard Jubril el Sudan is appalling

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React by DEROXMAN: 2:11am On Oct 01, 2020
wink i love this
Re: Presidency Locks Comment Section Under President Buhari's Tweet, Nigerians React by BuhariAdvocate: 2:25am On Oct 01, 2020
I think that's best thing to do. Those Igbos terrorist will not able to speak their evil thoughts on Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muslims Show Anger As Shehu Garba Hugs A Woman / Biafra: If You Don't Want Us,Then Let Us Go - Onyeka Onwenu Said With No Apology / Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.