Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,605 members, 7,827,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Doctors And Lab Scientists: Help Interpret This Lab Results - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors And Lab Scientists: Help Interpret This Lab Results (551 Views)

Someone Should Please Help Interpret This Lab Results / Please Can Someone Help To Interpret This Lab Test / World's Hottest Looking Black Doctors And Nurses (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors And Lab Scientists: Help Interpret This Lab Results by HisSexcellency(m): 7:42pm On Sep 30, 2020
Good day Nairalanders, I know we have capable hands in the house.
A friend went for a culture test at a lab and the below results was given without any much explanations.
Please, help interpret this results.
Thanks
Re: Doctors And Lab Scientists: Help Interpret This Lab Results by flyingpig: 7:51pm On Sep 30, 2020
HisSexcellency:
Good day Nairalanders, I know we have capable hands in the house.
A friend went for a culture text at a lab and the below results was given without any much explanations.
Please, help interpret this results.
Thanks
He has some bacteria infection. Mainly Escherichia coli. But it's not too much of an issue, the resolving antibiotics are already listed there for him, just go to a pharmacy and present the test result to a pharmacist. Go with the patient so that the pharmacist can ask appropriate questions. He'll give the required antibiotic dosage of either azithromycin or streptomycin or cephthriaxone. Either of them will resolve the E. Coli bacteria infection.

Also, he has got to take a drug for the unnamed yeast infection worrying his urinary tract.

2 Likes

Re: Doctors And Lab Scientists: Help Interpret This Lab Results by modsfucker: 7:58pm On Sep 30, 2020
The result shows a growth of Escherichia coli (E. coli)

Escherichia coli (E. coli) is a bacterium commonly found in the gut of warm-blooded organisms like humans. Most strains of E. coli are not harmful but are part of the healthful bacterial flora in the human gut. However, some types can cause illness in humans, including diarrhea, abdominal pain, fever, and sometimes vomiting.

Also, some other types of E. coli infection can lead to urinary tract infections, respiratory illness, pneumonia, and other illnesses like meningitis.

But I advise you see your Doctor for proper interpretation and treatment.

1 Like

Re: Doctors And Lab Scientists: Help Interpret This Lab Results by HisSexcellency(m): 8:38pm On Sep 30, 2020
flyingpig:
He has some bacteria infection. Mainly Escherichia coli. But it's not too much of an issue, the resolving antibiotics are already listed there for him, just go to a pharmacy and present the test result to a pharmacist. Go with the patient so that the pharmacist can ask appropriate questions. He'll give the required antibiotic dosage of either azithromycin or streptomycin or cephthriaxone. Either of them will resolve the E. Coli bacteria infection

Also he has got to take a drug for the unnamed yeast infection worrying his urinary tract.
Wow, thanks alot...... I don't seem to understand the bolded above though
Re: Doctors And Lab Scientists: Help Interpret This Lab Results by Freestainworld(m): 8:45pm On Sep 30, 2020
you are infected with E.coli, according to the sensitivity test, the most effective antibiotic for the treatment is streptomycin, if you look well, it has triple 1 while ceftriazone and azytthromycin has double 1 encycled together.
Re: Doctors And Lab Scientists: Help Interpret This Lab Results by HisSexcellency(m): 8:47pm On Sep 30, 2020
modsfucker:
The result shows a growth of Escherichia coli (E. coli)

Escherichia coli (E. coli) is a bacterium commonly found in the gut of warm-blooded organisms like humans. Most strains of E. coli are not harmful but are part of the healthful bacterial flora in the human gut. However, some types can cause illness in humans, including diarrhea, abdominal pain, fever, and sometimes vomiting.

Also, some other types of E. coli infection can lead to urinary tract infections, respiratory illness, pneumonia, and other illnesses like meningitis.

But I advise you see your Doctor for proper interpretation and treatment.
Thanks, will relay this asap
Re: Doctors And Lab Scientists: Help Interpret This Lab Results by HisSexcellency(m): 8:49pm On Sep 30, 2020
Freestainworld:
you are infected with E.coli, according to the sensitivity test, the most effective antibiotic for the treatment is streptomycin, if you look well, it has triple 1 while ceftriazone and azytthromycin has double 1 encycled together.
OK, thanks.... The test result is not mine by the way. grin
Re: Doctors And Lab Scientists: Help Interpret This Lab Results by flyingpig: 9:40am On Oct 01, 2020
HisSexcellency:

Wow, thanks alot...... I don't seem to understand the bolded above though
I saw yeast there in red and marked positive, the name of the organism wasn't indicated by your scientist and I wonder why.

Yeast infections usually trouble the urinary tract like ureter, urethra and can also be found in the gut where they cause candidiasis ( Candida albicans is the causative organism here ). When candidiasis troubles the gut it can cause halitosis which means foul smell or bad breath from the mouth. Candidiasis can also cause white milky patches on the roof of your mouth or on your tongue. These white milky patches are stubborn to go and when you scrub them, they bleed. That is for candidiasis of the mouth. But it can also worry the urinary tract. I don't know what sample your scientist used to conduct that test where he detected yeast over-growth but strangely he didn't name the yeast organism because Candida is not the only yeast organism we know which is capable of causing infection. So as far as we know it may not even be Candida. Please return to your scientist and ask him to interpret what yeast organism he detected in your friend's sample.

As for the e coli. It is an ordinary bacteria infection. Go to a pharmacy and get streptomycin antibiotic and swallow it judiciously it will clear.

(1) (Reply)

Treating Ingrown Toenails In Nigeria / What Kind Of Stone Sharpens Knives? / Do You Have A Smelly Vagina? Not To Worry, We Got You Covered!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.