Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

The Idol - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Idol (1933 Views)

Her Idol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Idol by TheFacelessMan: 8:04pm On Sep 30, 2020
Many years back, I stole an idol from a forbidden shrine....

This is a true story of the horrors I faced that long night...

It was an ancient civilization deep in the jungle.

The villages called it a god, but I saw it as a fortune to be made.

It was a brass figurine which had this as a solitary eye in the middle of the forehead...

On my way to the hilltop, I saw a wizened old woman...

She was bent over, most of her weight on a staff.

She had long hair totally white and her skin was entirely covered with wrinkles...

Everything about her was in slow motion and when she opened her mouth to speak...her gums were empty of teeth shocked

shocked

Culled from The Saga of the Shadowless Son

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Idol by Odoogu(m): 1:11pm On Oct 01, 2020
dope!
Re: The Idol by EkiranAlexmedia(m): 4:22pm On Jun 08, 2021
The faceless man, where can I download ur story books?

1 Like

Re: The Idol by SimonWhite: 8:21am On Aug 18, 2022
I have found interesting reviews about the different work here that is quite updated to all. I hope after the valuable sharing the number of people gets to explore new things. Keep it up with your law dissertation writing work here hope various people getting benefits.
Re: The Idol by ThomasWrigh: 6:44pm On Apr 11, 2023
Very good

(1) (Reply)

On Dambudzo Marechera: The Life And Times Of An African Writer / Nigeria LNG Book Prize 2012 - information wanted / The Seven Virgins: A Short Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.