Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,534 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

In October First - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / In October First (118 Views)

7 Popular Nollywood Actresses Who Were Born In October. / Nigeria - Korea Economic And Investment Forum Coming Up In October 2021 / Ore Flyover Ready In October Says Contractor. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In October First by Olukayodetope(m): 7:49am On Oct 01, 2020
****IN OCTOBER FIRST****

60 years ago the distruction of a nation was mounted by wolves who came in sheep clothings, 60 years ago our forefathers traded the lives of generations yet unborn for merger that was never intended to merge us but to mesh us to our graves. For 60 years we have laboured in vein for the pains we passed through to gain independence is slain.

On a day like this we share photographs on social media platforms signifying how "united" we've been without being sincere about how badly things have been over the years. Why are we so blind to see that one day this nation will sell fuel for 500 naira per litre? Why are we so blind to see that one day our children willl be slaves again in their father land with no freedom of speech? Why are we so blind to see that one day the only source of electricity we would show our children is generator light? Why are we so blind to see that even the local rice we eat now, won't be affordable again? Why are we so blind to see that our currency no longer has value compared to dollar.? Ah! When would the youth of my country see beyond pictures and start agitating for positive change in our nation. When will the youths of my country cry out to Big Brother Nija (BBnija) to use the billions meant for a three months stay at home context for building companies that would better the lives of many? When will the youths of my country realise that it is now a crime to use big phones in our country without being called a yahoo boy? When will the youths of my country realise that churches will soon be headed by the government? When will the youths of my country realise that the recent kidnappings are solely masterminded by top ranking police and military officers?

Oh! How I wish we know what the word "CELEBRSTION" means. If patriotism means hypocracy then I choose to stand out. We were better off during the British rule than being a dependent-independent nation.

On a day like this, I choose to remember the departed souls of all those who lost their lives, homes, farmlands, businesses, loved once, parents, children, properties and lot more. And for those of us also who have lost the right to speak freely.

Most of us stayed awake till 12:00 midnight just to be among the list of those who will first post " happy 60th anniversary Nigeria" with our green white green pictures tagged to the caption, just for formalities but can't spare 30minute at midnight to pray against bad leadership. �

Oh! How I wish we could go on black just to mourn this nation and cry out to God for a rebirth.

60 years ago, the birth of a dying nation began. �����

Happy dependent-independence my fellow Nigerians.

Shadrach Zungwai

(1) (Reply)

Battery Issue / How Can The Food Prices Come Down? / Preaching The Greatest Creator To Donghai Yixiao

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.