Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (5959 Views)

I Want To Leave My Wife For My Girlfriend / Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? / "Divorce Should Be Celebrated, Its Rise Is A Good Thing" - Nkechi Bianze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by dasparrow: 3:24pm On Oct 01, 2020
oldtimersince06:
I had to create a new account to post this.

So, my husband has beaten me 3 times prior to yesternight. I had said if it happens again, I'm going to leave. Last night, he punched me in my face severally and pushed me hard that I sprained my knee.
My concern are my kids. My older child loves his father so much, while the younger one loves me so much. The kids love each other. Do I take my younger child and leave this marriage and separate my kids, or do I leave them with their dad or do I take both of them and trust my older child will be fine without his father?

He has apologized severally this morning but I'm done. He is emotionally abusive on a good day. I can't count the no of times in a day he insults me. He threatens to Kill me and kill himself. My dad doesn't talk to him any more. Let me tell you why.

He didn't have a car at the time, and would go with mine. He was meant to pick the kids up, while I was also waiting for him to pick me up from work. At about 7:30 pm, I called him again asking for when he would get to the kids school and he told me he was busy(Busy here means busy drinking). The school kept calling me, the teachers need to go home. 8 pm, I picked an uber and went to pick them. My phone died and I couldn't charge it till I got home. As I turned my phone on, his call came in and I apologized, that I had picked them up but my phone went off. He said he was in the school and was looking for the kids. I kept on apologizing. He promised to deal with me on getting home. He then called my mum and was shouting at her on phone(he does this regularly). My dad stepped in. He tried to understand the issue. He told my dad, that I disrespected him and that if it was his subordinate in the office( He's in the para military) that disrespected him, they would kill the person and nobody would find the dead body. My dad then said, but she's your wife and not your subordinate. He shouted at my dad and dropped the call.

I go through a lot of emotional stress on a daily basis. I need to leave for my sanity. He's a great father.What do I do about my kids? Matured responses please.

Why would you consider leaving the kids you carried 9 months in your womb and went through labor pains to give birth to behind? A mother is suppose to be a nurturer. If you won't nurture the kids you brought into this wicked world, then why did you have them?

Lastly, if you are in an abusive marriage you better get out before you get killed. Life they say has no duplicate. Nigerians who will tell you to remain in a violent abusive marriage will type "RIP" and move on with their lives should you get killed. Wise up!

5 Likes

Re: . by Raalsalghul: 4:13pm On Oct 01, 2020
crackhaus:
Dem don come again...

Just yesterday, one was getting questioned about why she would want to leave her child behind with the husband, today this one magically has two children and wants to know if it's okay to leave one behind while taking the other along.

Nonsense and independence...
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: . by Gloriagee(f): 4:18pm On Oct 01, 2020
Honestly, shouting on my parents is totally unacceptable.

Ishilove:
Dem never born the man that can do this ish to me. You pick up the phone and shout at my parents? Unthinkable.

1 Like

Re: . by edoman2016: 4:42pm On Oct 01, 2020
oldtimersince06:

So, my husband has beaten me 3 times prior to yesternight. I had said if it happens again, I'm going to leave. Last night, he punched me in my face severally and pushed me hard that I sprained my knee.
My concern are my kids. My older child loves his father so much, while the younger one loves me so much. The kids love each other. Do I take my younger child and leave this marriage and separate my kids, or do I leave them with their dad or do I take both of them and trust my older child will be fine without his father?

He has apologized severally this morning but I'm done. He is emotionally abusive on a good day. I can't count the no of times in a day he insults me. He threatens to Kill me and kill himself. My dad doesn't talk to him any more. Let me tell you why.

He didn't have a car at the time, and would go with mine. He was meant to pick the kids up, while I was also waiting for him to pick me up from work. At about 7:30 pm, I called him again asking for when he would get to the kids school and he told me he was busy(Busy here means busy drinking). The school kept calling me, the teachers need to go home. 8 pm, I picked an uber and went to pick them. My phone died and I couldn't charge it till I got home. As I turned my phone on, his call came in and I apologized, that I had picked them up but my phone went off. He said he was in the school and was looking for the kids. I kept on apologizing. He promised to deal with me on getting home. He then called my mum and was shouting at her on phone(he does this regularly). My dad stepped in. He tried to understand the issue. He told my dad, that I disrespected him and that if it was his subordinate in the office( He's in the para military) that disrespected him, they would kill the person and nobody would find the dead body. My dad then said, but she's your wife and not your subordinate. He shouted at my dad and dropped the call.

I go through a lot of emotional stress on a daily basis. I need to leave for my sanity. He's a great father.What do I do about my kids? Matured responses please.
When he is beating you in your home, can't you scream so that your landlord or other tenants in the compound bail you out?
Re: . by Eketem: 4:53pm On Oct 01, 2020
If you leave the kids he can kill them and commit suicide just to get back at you.

Where do you live? If you live ? There is a lot of help legal and otherwise in for victims of abuse. There are very good laws

3 Likes

Re: . by djon78(m): 5:02pm On Oct 01, 2020
BigDick70inch:

But 6sta..
That man could not been so cunny to have hidden his abusive trait away from u right from your courtship/dating days..

Why didn't u flee??

Most Kids from broken homes are not always emotionally balanced..

BTW..how old r those kids??

Don't say that
Most men like this can hide a lot of stuffs
And funny thing is that
Women fall easily for these kind of men
Re: . by oldtimersince06: 5:36pm On Oct 01, 2020
Eketem:
If you leave the kids he can kill them and commit suicide just to get back at you.

Where do you live? If you live ? There is a lot of help legal and otherwise in for victims of abuse. There are very good laws

I'm in Lagos. I don't think he can do it. His mum will take the kids if I ever leave them.
Re: . by oldtimersince06: 5:37pm On Oct 01, 2020
edoman2016:

When he is beating you in your home, can't you scream so that your landlord or other tenants in the compound bail you out?

Everyone minds their business
Re: . by oldtimersince06: 5:46pm On Oct 01, 2020
Gloriagee:
Honestly, shouting on my parents is totally unacceptable.

What would you do?

They only said he doesn't respect me obviously. If he did, he would never insult my parents. And where is the lie?
Re: . by BigDick70inch(m): 5:54pm On Oct 01, 2020
oldtimersince06:

Hmmmm. he used to drink and smoke and I refused to date him when we were much younger. He came back with the whole, he's now born again. he doesn't drink and smoke any more. During our wedding reception, he disappeared for some minutes. When he came back, he had just finished smoking. He told me , his friends made him do it. And that's it. From that day onward, i've seen my reality. Initially, i kept calling his family, but they would tell me , I can't say I didn't know he used to drink and smoke heavily.

This reality changed my attitude early on. I'm definitely not the best wife.

Djon...
I told u
She's one of those girls that believe nice guys r fools..
Not man enough..
While thinkin..
The bad guys r the Alpha guys..
She was trying to tame a bad guy..as per super woman wey she see herself..till the whole thing bleeped her..
The signs were there..
Re: . by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:58pm On Oct 01, 2020
Run for your life. Even after running you still have to watch your back cuz he may come after you. You should have gotten audio evidence of him threatening to kill you. He might also be suffering from depression or a mental illness thats why he says he will kill you and kill himself. Pick the female kids and drop the males with him. Female children are much more safe with their mothers.
oldtimersince06:

We've been married for 10 years. He's been threatening to kill me from the very first year. People are surprised we are still together. The threat only got worse this year and a bit scary this year when he told me he has done it in his mind. And he could kill me in my sleep one day.
Re: . by BigDick70inch(m): 6:02pm On Oct 01, 2020
djon78:

Don't say that
Most men like this can hide a lot of stuffs
And funny thing is that
Women fall easily for these kind of men

Check my latest comment bro..
Re: . by LilMissFavvy(f): 6:06pm On Oct 01, 2020
embarassed
oldtimersince06:

Hmmmm. he used to drink and smoke and I refused to date him when we were much younger. He came back with the whole, he's now born again. he doesn't drink and smoke any more. [/b]During our wedding reception, he disappeared for some minutes. When he came back, he had just finished smoking.[b] He told me , his friends made him do it. And that's it. From that day onward, i've seen my reality. Initially, i kept calling his family, but they would tell me , I can't say I didn't know he used to drink and smoke heavily.

This reality changed my attitude early on. I'm definitely not the best wife.
Re: . by Arsenate(m): 6:25pm On Oct 01, 2020
BigDick70inch:

Djon...
I told u
She's one of those girls that believe nice guys r fools..
Not man enough..
While
The bad guys r the Alpha..
She was trying to tame a bad guy..as per super woman wey she see herself..till the whole bleeped her..
The signs are always there..
You really know these women well. They always make dumb mistakes. Always picking the wrong options and when shitt hits the fan they come crying looking for sympathy. Makes more sense as to why women tend to always be unhappy. Bad choices. Bad choices. Bad choices.

3 Likes

Re: . by oldtimersince06: 6:34pm On Oct 01, 2020
Arsenate:

You really know these women well. They always make dumb mistakes. Always picking the wrong options and when shitt hits the fan they come crying looking for sympathy. Makes more sense as to why women tend to always be unhappy. Bad choices. Bad choices. Bad choices.

Hmmmm. Bad choice definitely. It all happened so fast. Known him since I was little. I would run away when he tried to talk to me. We dated for less than a year (long distance) and got married. I had been working for 5 years- a very good job while he just finished youth service when we got married.As a worker in the church, i had a discussion with the counselors and they said NO. I should hold on- but at the time, we had already fixed the date and everything was in motion.

My Dad also had reservations cos he heard gist in the neighborhood about him.

1 Like

Re: . by BigDick70inch(m): 6:51pm On Oct 01, 2020
Arsenate:

Yeah bro..
I thought she was gon deny that..
But 10k God she didn't..

she brought herself into this mess..

Come to think of it again bro..

How can her father just decide to ignore her with such a man laidat despite the beatings..

Definitely..this woman was obviously warned never marry to dat man right from the start..but she did..

I only pity the kids..

1 Like

Re: . by faithfull18(f): 7:06pm On Oct 01, 2020
EVILFOREST:
Don't believe a WOMAN yet until you have heard from both SIDES....
Don't forget LADIES also cry while Lying.
Ehn ehn, so it's the men that always tell the truth.

1 Like

Re: . by oldtimersince06: 7:22pm On Oct 01, 2020
BigDick70inch:

Yeah bro..
I thought she was gon deny that..
But 10k God she didn't..

she brought herself into this mess..

Come to think of it again bro..

How can her father just decide to ignore her with such a man laidat despite the beatings..

Definitely..this woman was obviously warned never marry to dat man right from the start..but she did..

I only pity the kids..

He didn't ignore me. I haven't even told him about this one. Haven't told anyone. Everyone including his family have advised me to run. In my head, I know I need to leave. Just don't know any other life.
Re: . by oldtimersince06: 7:29pm On Oct 01, 2020
BigDick70inch:

But 6sta..
That man could not been so cunny to have hidden his abusive trait away from u right from your courtship/dating days..

Why didn't u flee??

Most Kids from broken homes are not always emotionally balanced..

BTW..how old r those kids??

I wish I saw them. Would never have put myself in this mess. I have a toddler and a preschooler.
Re: . by Eketem: 7:48pm On Oct 01, 2020
oldtimersince06:

I'm in Lagos. I don't think he can do it. His mum will take the kids if I ever leave them.

You underestimate a narcissist.

In Lagos please go to the office of the public defender. Lagos is very strong on laws against domestic violence. This is their number 0708 060 1080.

They will guide you. If he is truly as abusive as you claim why will you be ready to gamble with your kids lives.

3 Likes

Re: . by BigDick70inch(m): 7:59pm On Oct 01, 2020
oldtimersince06:

He didn't ignore me. I haven't even told him about this one. Haven't told anyone. Everyone including his family have advised me to run. In my head, I know I need to leave. Just don't know any other life.

Woman!!!!

Leave that old man to enjoy his old age in peace..
Don't even bother draggin him to your personal shit anymore..

Or..would rather someday wanna see your husband slap the old man instead??

Go and suffer the reward of your foolishness..
Re: . by oldtimersince06: 8:00pm On Oct 01, 2020
Eketem:

You underestimate a narcissist.

In Lagos please go to the office of the public defender. Lagos is very strong on laws against domestic violence. This is their number 0708 060 1080.

They will guide you. If he is truly as abusive as you claim why will you be ready to gamble with your kids lives.

Thank you. I will get in touch wit them tomorrow.
Re: . by BigDick70inch(m): 8:05pm On Oct 01, 2020
oldtimersince06:

I wish I saw them. Would never have put myself in this mess. I have a toddler and a preschooler.

Better u don't even think of divorce..

Cos..while u r gone he will marry another woman..

Then your kids automatic become slaves or housemaids in their father's house..
Re: . by Pearl05(f): 10:33pm On Oct 01, 2020
oldtimersince06:

We've been married for 10 years. He's been threatening to kill me from the very first year. People are surprised we are still together. The threat only got worse this year and a bit scary this year when he told me he has done it in his mind. And he could kill me in my sleep one day.

If he kill you and maybe himself/ went to jail your kids will be at the receiving end. Leave while you still breathe, at your kids or leave them with the father.

You need to give him some space first.
You can report him to police about the threat to your life
Re: . by djon78(m): 1:11pm On Oct 02, 2020
BigDick70inch:

Check my latest comment bro..

Yeah I ve seen it
The signs were there
But they are always attracted to the things that will destroy them
Why?
Re: . by djon78(m): 1:22pm On Oct 02, 2020
BigDick70inch:

Chai bad choices dey Terrible
And there would have been a correct man somewhere
That would have given her a good marriage
But she chose death
Chai

Why do we always see these kind of things
Women making terrible choices
That will haunt them

I remember
How a relation of mine
Was regretting
When she married one of those sweet tongue guys
She was working a high earning job
Was the one almost running there home with her funds
It was later she opened up to family members
Was regreting that there was another good guy
Coming her side
But she rejected him to face the kind of unhappiness she was facing
We only encouraged her
She don marry
And kids are now involved
She should just manage anyhow

Making the right choice in marriage
Is bliss and peace
Re: . by Mindlog: 1:41pm On Oct 02, 2020
BigDick70inch:

If separation and eventual divorce will be of the best interest to her and their kids, then that should be it.

The man should be free to remarry while she has custody of the 2 kids and that shouldn't stop the man to be actively involved in his children' lives while they co-parent.

The belief that once the man remarries, the kids would automatically live with him and their step-mother is false because the family court favours biological mothers unless the man can proof beyond reasonable doubt that the children would be at risk living with their biological mother.
Re: . by Diamond23(f): 1:46pm On Oct 02, 2020
oldtimersince06:

speechless,,,,,
Baffles me how a once loving couple or family will turn to a war zone or boxing ground. Were is the love that they both profess to each other
Please go with our kids, life has no duplicate
Re: . by Stargirl10: 1:50pm On Oct 02, 2020
Please I need your help I couldn't post this under my real nairaland account cos of the shame am currently in debt and I have no way to pay can you please help me even if it's a loan please today is the deadline and if I dont pay up my bvn will be blocked and they might sack me at work please am an orphan and I have siblings I cater for have gotten to an end point that's why am here

Re: . by BigDick70inch(m): 2:47pm On Oct 02, 2020
djon78:

Yeah I ve seen it
The signs were there
Why?
Re: . by BigDick70inch(m): 3:02pm On Oct 02, 2020
Mindlog:

If separation and eventual divorce will be of the best interest to her and their kids, then that should be it.

The man should be free to remarry while she has custody of the 2 kids and that shouldn't stop the man to be actively involved in his children' lives while they co-parent.

The belief that once the man remarries, the kids would automatically live with him and their step-mother is false because the family court favours biological mothers unless the man can proof beyond reasonable doubt that the children would be at risk living with their biological mother.

My Oga..

Men like dat wont let the kids be in custody of their estranged wife even after separation/divorce..

Infact..they had rather allow the kids suffer with them than releasing them to the wife..

Except..the kids are old enough to decide who they want to be with in court..

Maybe..the court might grant the mum the chance to check on once in while..while they remain with their father..
Re: . by BigDick70inch(m): 3:07pm On Oct 02, 2020
djon78:

Yeah I ve seen it
The signs were there
Why?

My Oga..
I dey tell..

This woman ran here cos..she couldn't keep it to her herself anymore..simply because she had been living a life of regret and needed validation..

There r thousands of women who r in similar conditions..but decide to bottle it up..cos they don't wanna get blamed for their wrong choices..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant / The Evil Of Bet9ja. / Haire Thermocool Freezer Defrosting Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.