Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,043 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Seriake Dickson Kinsman Files Suit Seeking His Disqualification - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seriake Dickson Kinsman Files Suit Seeking His Disqualification (650 Views)

Tony Momoh: Obaseki Should Be Blamed For His Disqualification, Not Oshiomhole / Seriake Dickson Commissions Bayelsa State International Airport / Adeleke Reacts To Suit Seeking His Sack From Senate, Reveals ‘sponsor’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seriake Dickson Kinsman Files Suit Seeking His Disqualification by garfield1: 3:45pm On Oct 01, 2020
A kinsman of a former Bayelsa Governor Seriake Dickson has filed a suit at the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja seeking his disqualification from contesting the forthcoming bye-election in Bayelsa West Senatorial District.
Owoupele Eneoriekumoh, who hails from Dickson’s Sagbama Local Government Area, is alleging the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Form EC9, which Dickson, candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the election, submitted to the commission, contained false information.
The suit, which named INEC, PDP, and Dickson as defendants, was filed by the plaintiff’s lawyers, P.D. Pius, E.A. Aluzu, C.I. Okorie, and M.M. Aliyu.
The kinsman is asking the court to make a declaration that the combined interpretation of the provisions of Section 31(1)(5)(6) of Electoral Act, 2010 as amended and Section 66 (1)(i) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 as amended, Dickson’s INEC Form EC9 contained false information and forged certificate and that the former governor should be disqualified from the senatorial election scheduled for October 31.
The plaintiff is also seeking a declaration that the former governor lied on oath and should be disqualified from the election in line with the provisions of Section 31 of the Electoral Act, 2010, and Section 66 (1) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999.
He further asked the court to declare that Dickson’s presentation of various certificates and documents bearing different names such as ‘Dickson Seriake’, ‘Henry Seriake Dickson’, ‘Seriake Dickson’ and ‘Dickson Seriaki’, without any valid change of name amounted to giving false information under section 31(5) of the Electoral Act as amended.
READ ALSO: Bayelsa: Intrigues as Diri steps in
He prayed the court to make a declaration that Dickson’s statement that he did not attend primary school and had no first school leaving certificate is false and he ought to be disqualified for giving false information under section 31(5) of the Electoral Act, 2010 as amended.
The plaintiff also urged the court to declare that since Dickson averred that he obtained the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) certificate in 1993, the presentation of the West African Examination Council (WAEC) statement of result issued to ‘Dickson Seriaki’ on 10/1/2006 for a 1983 examination amounted to giving false information to INEC.
He further prayed for a declaration that Dickson’s statement that he obtained WASC in 1993 and GCE O/L (General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level) “in 1994 is false in that he also swore to have obtained his Law Degree (LL.B) in 1992, amounting to giving false information to the 1st Defendant”.
The plaintiff, therefore, prayed for ” an order disqualifying the 3rd Defendant as the candidate of the 2nd Defendant from the Bayelsa West Senatorial District election slated for 31st day of October 2020 or any such other date that may be rescheduled by the 1st Defendant”

https://thenationonlineng.net/bayelsa-west-kinsman-files-suit-seeking-dicksons-disqualification/

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Aaa569
Fergie
Kahal
Obuksbayelsa
Bayelsaowei
Mosdi
Meleszenawi
Helinues
Re: Seriake Dickson Kinsman Files Suit Seeking His Disqualification by SLAP44: 3:46pm On Oct 01, 2020
grin
Re: Seriake Dickson Kinsman Files Suit Seeking His Disqualification by garfield1: 3:46pm On Oct 01, 2020
So even Dickson too is a forger like degi.residents of glass houses should not be throwing stones
Re: Seriake Dickson Kinsman Files Suit Seeking His Disqualification by Deborah98(f): 3:48pm On Oct 01, 2020
Things are truly falling apart...
Re: Seriake Dickson Kinsman Files Suit Seeking His Disqualification by garfield1: 3:50pm On Oct 01, 2020
I suspect that ebebi might be involved.they quietly waited till time for substitution has elapsed before filing this.Dickson used this same tactics against lyon
Re: Seriake Dickson Kinsman Files Suit Seeking His Disqualification by helinues: 3:55pm On Oct 01, 2020
Ko le werk...

They are disgruntled kinspikin
Re: Seriake Dickson Kinsman Files Suit Seeking His Disqualification by helinues: 3:56pm On Oct 01, 2020
Ko le werk...

Re: Seriake Dickson Kinsman Files Suit Seeking His Disqualification by muykem: 3:59pm On Oct 01, 2020
I said it when supreme court disqualified APC deputy governorship candidate. 90% of bayelsians have changed their names in one time or the other. It's because of their culture especially when it comes to who actually own a child between a man and a woman.

1 Like

Re: Seriake Dickson Kinsman Files Suit Seeking His Disqualification by garfield1: 4:12pm On Oct 01, 2020
muykem:
I said it when supreme court disqualified APC deputy governorship candidate. 90% of bayelsians have changed their names in one time or the other. It's because of their culture especially when it comes to who actually own a child between a man and a woman.

Nawao.the supreme court should have known this cultural peculiarities before dishing out that notorious ruling
Re: Seriake Dickson Kinsman Files Suit Seeking His Disqualification by garfield1: 4:12pm On Oct 01, 2020
helinues:
Ko le werk...

As how? Is Dickson qualified or not
Re: Seriake Dickson Kinsman Files Suit Seeking His Disqualification by helinues: 4:25pm On Oct 01, 2020
garfield1:

As how? Is Dickson qualified or not

For Nigeria politics,yes he is qualified for the Senate position
Re: Seriake Dickson Kinsman Files Suit Seeking His Disqualification by mosdii(m): 4:40pm On Oct 01, 2020
We know all these right from the onset but don't actually pay attention to it because we believe in winning the right way other than through the back door.

This aside, Dickson cannot win Ebebi in a free and fair election.

They started it and they will face the hit because majority of them don't have true certified qualifications.
Re: Seriake Dickson Kinsman Files Suit Seeking His Disqualification by mosdii(m): 4:46pm On Oct 01, 2020
garfield1:
So even Dickson too is a forger like degi.residents of glass houses should not be throwing stones

Majority of them are certificate forgers. Since they threw the first stone, they should be ready to receive theirs too.

This is the first step, next will be EFCC coming for him in few weeks time.

1 Like

Re: Seriake Dickson Kinsman Files Suit Seeking His Disqualification by garfield1: 5:30pm On Oct 01, 2020
helinues:

For Nigeria politics,yes he is qualified for the Senate position

He is not as you can see
Re: Seriake Dickson Kinsman Files Suit Seeking His Disqualification by garfield1: 5:31pm On Oct 01, 2020
mosdii:
We know all these right from the onset but don't actually pay attention to it because we believe in winning the right way other than through the back door.

This aside, Dickson cannot win Ebebi in a free and fair election.

They started it and they will face the hit because majority of them don't have true certified qualifications.

Noo.is ebebi that strong and popular? Sagbama will always vote massively for Dickson while ebebi will take ekeremor narrowly
Re: Seriake Dickson Kinsman Files Suit Seeking His Disqualification by helinues: 5:35pm On Oct 01, 2020
garfield1:

He is not as you can see

Na here we fo dey now
Re: Seriake Dickson Kinsman Files Suit Seeking His Disqualification by mosdii(m): 5:35pm On Oct 01, 2020
garfield1:

Noo.is ebebi that strong and popular? Sagbama will always vote massively for Dickson while ebebi will take ekeremor narrowly

Ebebi is more popular than Dickson even in Sagbama.
When Dickson was in House of Representatives from 2007 to 2012, he was no where to be seen, Ebebi is more politically inclined than Dickson. What boosted Dickson's name was the Governor he became for 8 years.

Ebebi has been a grassroot politician from 1999 to date. Dickson only started grassroot politics from 2015.

1 Like

Re: Seriake Dickson Kinsman Files Suit Seeking His Disqualification by garfield1: 10:48am On Oct 05, 2020
mosdii:

Ebebi is more popular than Dickson even in Sagbama.
When Dickson was in House of Representatives from 2007 to 2012, he was no where to be seen, Ebebi is more politically inclined than Dickson. What boosted Dickson's name was the Governor he became for 8 years.

Ebebi has been a grassroot politician from 1999 to date. Dickson only started grassroot politics from 2015.

But Dickson usually wins sagbama with a large margin plus apc struggle in ekeremor
Re: Seriake Dickson Kinsman Files Suit Seeking His Disqualification by mosdii(m): 10:59am On Oct 05, 2020
garfield1:

But Dickson usually wins sagbama with a large margin plus apc struggle in ekeremor

2012, 2015 & 2019.

PDP controlled then with no opposition but now the game has changed with a viable opposition.

Do you expect him to lose his LGA?
Ekeremor LGA is uniting presently and you will be surprised with the change of pendulum.
Ekeremor LGA knows how to play the game more than Sagbama.
Re: Seriake Dickson Kinsman Files Suit Seeking His Disqualification by Elvictor: 11:09am On Oct 05, 2020
lol
Re: Seriake Dickson Kinsman Files Suit Seeking His Disqualification by garfield1: 11:37am On Oct 05, 2020
mosdii:

2012, 2015 & 2019.

PDP controlled then with no opposition but now the game has changed with a viable opposition.

Do you expect him to lose his LGA?
Ekeremor LGA is uniting presently and you will be surprised with the change of pendulum.
Ekeremor LGA knows how to play the game more than Sagbama.

I largely agree with you.I have followed bayelsa politics for many years and have discovered that ekeremor is politically enlightened and advanced,they have far more seasoned politicians than sagbama.they even have more politicians.it is a difficult place.lokpobiri has been silent and on the part of pdp,Fred agbedi can damage apc.I see him succeeding Dickson as senator...

Another problem for pere is that a large number of apc faithfuls in both ekeremor and sagbama have defected to pdp based on this nonsense zoning issue.I dont know how he can contend with Dickson.I dont really care about bayelsa west,it's bayelsa central I am concerned about
Re: Seriake Dickson Kinsman Files Suit Seeking His Disqualification by mosdii(m): 11:51am On Oct 05, 2020
garfield1:

I largely agree with you.I have followed bayelsa politics for many years and have discovered that ekeremor is politically enlightened and advanced,they have far more seasoned politicians than sagbama.they even have more politicians.it is a difficult place.lokpobiri has been silent and on the part of pdp,Fred agbedi can damage apc.I see him succeeding Dickson as senator...

Another problem for pere is that a large number of apc faithfuls in both ekeremor and sagbama have defected to pdp based on this nonsense zoning issue.I dont know how he can contend with Dickson.I dont really care about bayelsa west,it's bayelsa central I am concerned about

Those persons you said defected to PDP were bought over. Ekeremor ought to produce the deputy governor that was why Fred Agbedi purchased the form but from 1999 to date, no two direct izon dialect speakers have held sway as governor and deputy and it will forever remain so because there are other sub izon dialects in the state.

Dickson is a man that cannot be trusted, yes Fred Agbedi has his eyes on the red chamber but if Dickson succeeds, he will not forgo that seat for anyone yet.

Ekeremor still has seasoned politicians unlike Sagbama that has only Dickson presently that can win elections.

Dickson knew this that was why he used Ofoni ward 1&2 to gain numbers during voters registration. Ekeremor voting strength far out weighs Sagbama but Sagbama used the Government power to manoeuvre and control the district.

I am from Bayelsa Central and Kolokuma/Opokuma to be precise.
in my district, the battle will be fought and won in Southern ijaw LGA.
Pdp's Moses Cleopas has been in Abuja begging David Lyon his camp because he knows he is nowhere and moreover he is paternally from Ekeremor LGA. APC's OSUWO-1 on the other hand, has been consulting core grassroots politicians in the the district going from homes to homes to solicit their support.
OSUWO-1 is very popular in Bayelsa with the name T.O.
Ceteris paribus APC will emerge victorious in central.
Re: Seriake Dickson Kinsman Files Suit Seeking His Disqualification by garfield1: 12:07pm On Oct 05, 2020
mosdii:

Those persons you said defected to PDP were bought over. Ekeremor ought to produce the deputy governor that was why Fred Agbedi purchased the form but from 1999 to date, no two direct izon dialect speakers have held sway as governor and deputy and it will forever remain so because there are other sub izon dialects in the state.

Dickson is a man that cannot be trusted, yes Fred Agbedi has his eyes on the red chamber but if Dickson succeeds, he will not forgo that seat for anyone yet.

Ekeremor still has seasoned politicians unlike Sagbama that has only Dickson presently that can win elections.

Dickson knew this that was why he used Ofoni ward 1&2 to gain numbers during voters registration. Ekeremor voting strength far out weighs Sagbama but Sagbama used the Government power to manoeuvre and control the district.

I am from Bayelsa Central and Kolokuma/Opokuma to be precise.
in my district, the battle will be fought and won in Southern ijaw LGA.
Pdp's Moses Cleopas has been in Abuja begging David Lyon his camp because he knows he is nowhere and moreover he is paternally from Ekeremor LGA. APC's OSUWO-1 on the other hand, has been consulting core grassroots politicians in the the district going from homes to homes to solicit their support.
OSUWO-1 is very popular in Bayelsa with the name T.O.
Ceteris paribus APC will emerge victorious in central.

True,once Dickson wins he will never step down except the governor wants him out.even if those defectors were bought over,it will still weaken pere because it shows he is not financially strong.

Though I love apc but it is almost impossible for Dickson to lose unless apc in ekeremor unite.infact the whole of ekeremor must unite behind pere,agbedi must be neutralized.pdp in ekeremor is stronger than apc in sagbama therefore apc in sagbama must be strengthened.on election day,voting in sagbama must be disrupted to whittle down their ability to inflate votes.this is the only way..

I would have preferred if Lyon,orunimighe or daumiebi got apc ticket for central.where is cleopas from? I thought Lyon is in the same camp with sylva
Re: Seriake Dickson Kinsman Files Suit Seeking His Disqualification by mosdii(m): 12:13pm On Oct 05, 2020
garfield1:

True,once Dickson wins he will never step down except the governor wants him out.even if those defectors were bought over,it will still weaken pere because it shows he is not financially strong.

Though I love apc but it is almost impossible for Dickson to lose unless apc in ekeremor unite.infact the whole of ekeremor must unite behind pere,agbedi must be neutralized.pdp in ekeremor is stronger than apc in sagbama therefore apc in sagbama must be strengthened.on election day,voting in sagbama must be disrupted to whittle down their ability to inflate votes.this is the only way..

I would have preferred if Lyon,orunimighe or daumiebi got apc ticket for central.where is cleopas from? I thought Lyon is in the same camp with sylva

Cleopas is paternally from Ekeremor and maternally from koluama in southern ijaw.

David Lyon has his own camp which falls under Sylva's camp.

Fred Agbedi is not happy with Dickson and the manner he was treated in the Governorship primary.

Ebebi has a large followership in Ekeremor and Sagbama. They are seeking to unite Ekeremor but the PDP acted fast by appointing Famous Daunumugha as Special adviser to get votes in the forthcoming senatorial election.

It will be very tough.
Re: Seriake Dickson Kinsman Files Suit Seeking His Disqualification by garfield1: 12:54pm On Oct 05, 2020
mosdii:

Cleopas is paternally from Ekeremor and maternally from koluama in southern ijaw.

David Lyon has his own camp which falls under Sylva's camp.

Fred Agbedi is not happy with Dickson and the manner he was treated in the Governorship primary.

Ebebi has a large followership in Ekeremor and Sagbama. They are seeking to unite Ekeremor but the PDP acted fast by appointing Famous Daunumugha as Special adviser to get votes in the forthcoming senatorial election.

It will be very tough.

Who is this famous? It may not work if ebebi takes my advice.I remember how pdp frantically gave out appointments and even removed the speaker before the bayelsa polls and it had no effect.

No one in bayelsa pdp has been as loyal as Fred to Dickson yet he is doomed to end his career in the green chambers.

Why is cleopas begging Lyon? Why not beg sylva directly
Re: Seriake Dickson Kinsman Files Suit Seeking His Disqualification by mosdii(m): 12:58pm On Oct 05, 2020
garfield1:

Who is this famous? It may not work if ebebi takes my advice.I remember how pdp frantically gave out appointments and even removed the speaker before the bayelsa polls and it had no effect.

No one in bayelsa pdp has been as loyal as Fred to Dickson yet he is doomed to end his career in the green chambers.

Why is cleopas begging Lyon? Why not beg sylva directly

Lyon is from Southern ijaw nau.... you cannot go to the father without the son.

Famous Daunumugha flagged for APC against Fred Agbedi for the green chamber last year.

(1) (Reply)

SARS Are Responsible For Kidnapping And Robbery Cases In Rivers state- Gov. Wike / SARS Has Been Dissolved / Breaking: Buhari Appoints Lauretta Onochie, His Special Assistant As INEC Commis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.