Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

A Random 1st October Thought - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / A Random 1st October Thought (354 Views)

Some Random Jokes I Come Across Today.. / Enjoy Kabusa Choir As They Serenade You On 1st October / I Thought I Have Seen It All In Ibadan. This One Bend Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Random 1st October Thought by KorrectTalk: 5:52pm On Oct 01, 2020
Over the last 3 years, I have noticed a trend in Nigeria on the 1st of October. This trend is that quite a number of people have their Mothers celebrating birthdays on October 1st. I can remember counting more than 7 people on different social media platforms celebrating their mothers on the first day of October.

Something comes to mind at this trend, was it that in some supernatural way something happened that led to a lot of women being born on this day between the years 1960 - 1970, or it’s just a weird coincidence (by the way I do not believe in coincidences, I believe everything is divinely ordered)?

I think it’s none of the above but rather as a result of Nigeria’s independence. Here’s what I mean. In those days not a lot of people were literate and few had access to calendars or even knew how to record dates, so when a child was born, events (like Christmas, Easter, Wars, New Governments etc.) were used to mark their birthdays.

While this may sound true, the next question that comes to mind is; so why are they all females? Maybe you have an answer for us, please let us know.
We end by wishing everyone a Happy New Month and Happy Birthday to everyone celebrating today.

(1) (Reply)

Comedy Skit: Broda Shaggi - THE ROBBERY / #SMAN And #SWAN Is Wrong / Joke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.