Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,382 members, 7,822,789 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Stop Cursing Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Cursing Nigeria (358 Views)

If You Provoke Us Further By Cursing Our Father, We'll Come For You -RCCG Warns / Sanusi To Nigerians: We Must Suffer To Get Things Right, Stop Cursing Leaders / I Won’t Stop Cursing Government -woman Losses 5 Children To Tarkwa Bay Invasion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Cursing Nigeria by Smarttravels(f): 7:04pm On Oct 01, 2020
DON'T EVER CURSE YOUR COUNTRY
Many people get confused sometime, though i am not blaming them. If you don't know how you are blessed, you will think your father's farm is worse than your friend father's farm.

£1 is #500 at the parallel market

Did i hear you right?

AND so what !!!!

Let me elucidate from my little experience.

Can anyone in UK use £1 for breakfast?

No !!!!

But in Nigeria #500 will feed you for breakfast and lunch. Majority of people's monthly house rent (self contained apartment not even in the main city) in the UK is btw £700 - £1,000 and above, which N350,000 to N500,000 and that is your own 2 year's rent.

Have you ever paid for insurance before (NEVER HEARD OF IT), insurance in Uk is £280 and that is almost #100,000 monthly.

When last did you pay monthly phone bills? I pay almost #40,000 monthly and if I don't, they are going to block my SIM. Your own MTN can be there for months without recharge.

When last did you work on Saturday and Sunday? This I do compulsorily and on regular basis.

Don't get me wrong, the UK is better than Nigeria, depending on which angle you are viewing it. Do you want to hear the truth? Many people in Nigeria live a more fulfilling life compared to their counterparts abroad. Forget about all the packaging on social media and give credit to the good life you are living.

Do you know why they always come to Nigeria and rush back quickly? Because bills are counting and elongated freedom will put their lives into jeopardy. If you, as a black, attempt to emulate the whites, they will kneel on your neck. Apart from Congo, no citizens in the entire universe enjoy life to the fullest than Nigerians.

You are abundantly blessed but you don't know until you get visa and relocate to abroad, that is when you will know that your 8hrs job in Nigeria with free weekend is awoof. With 8hrs job abroad, you can only pay bills, you will need another 6 to 8 hours to save for the future and plan your life.

The truth is that the grass is green everywhere, it's lack of vision by our politicians and the skewed religious practices (which placed emphasis on miracles) that ascended Nigeria onto a myopic tentacle of complete inertia.

*Copied*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Cursing Nigeria by Madibah(m): 7:05pm On Oct 01, 2020
It shall not be well with you and this country Amen

Op is a great fool
Why can't you compare 1£ to 1naira??
What happened to 1naira??

No good roads
No electricity
Poor education
No hospitality
Terrorism

Why can't you compare that with foreign countries??
Our infrastructure is no match to Tunisia or Egypt talkless of European countries

Op you are a goat
Ewu
Eran iya
Malu
U need sense
U need education
U need enlightenment
And Las Las u need beating
Thorough beating with 70days starvation

4 Likes

Re: Stop Cursing Nigeria by Deborah98(f): 7:06pm On Oct 01, 2020
We have moved on,me and the remaining 30 reading this ya post undecided

1 Like

Re: Stop Cursing Nigeria by Whoube99(f): 7:09pm On Oct 01, 2020
Smarttravels:
DON'T EVER CURSE YOUR COUNTRY
Many people get confused sometime, though i am not blaming them. If you don't know how you are blessed, you will think your father's farm is worse than your friend father's farm.

£1 is #500 at the parallel market

Did i hear you right?

AND so what !!!!

Let me elucidate from my little experience.

Can anyone in UK use £1 for breakfast?

No !!!!

But in Nigeria #500 will feed you for breakfast and lunch. Majority of people's monthly house rent (self contained apartment not even in the main city) in the UK is btw £700 - £1,000 and above, which N350,000 to N500,000 and that is your own 2 year's rent.

Have you ever paid for insurance before (NEVER HEARD OF IT), insurance in Uk is £280 and that is almost #100,000 monthly.

When last did you pay monthly phone bills? I pay almost #40,000 monthly and if I don't, they are going to block my SIM. Your own MTN can be there for months without recharge.

When last did you work on Saturday and Sunday? This I do compulsorily and on regular basis.

Don't get me wrong, the UK is better than Nigeria, depending on which angle you are viewing it. Do you want to hear the truth? Many people in Nigeria live a more fulfilling life compared to their counterparts abroad. Forget about all the packaging on social media and give credit to the good life you are living.

Do you know why they always come to Nigeria and rush back quickly? Because bills are counting and elongated freedom will put their lives into jeopardy. If you, as a black, attempt to emulate the whites, they will kneel on your neck. Apart from Congo, no citizens in the entire universe enjoy life to the fullest than Nigerians.

You are abundantly blessed but you don't know until you get visa and relocate to abroad, that is when you will know that your 8hrs job in Nigeria with free weekend is awoof. With 8hrs job abroad, you can only pay bills, you will need another 6 to 8 hours to save for the future and plan your life.

The truth is that the grass is green everywhere, it's lack of vision by our politicians and the skewed religious practices (which placed emphasis on miracles) that ascended Nigeria onto a myopic tentacle of complete inertia.

*Copied*

You this blind bat again?
How can you compare 1£ to #500.00 instead of comparing it to #1.00
Don't you see how foolish you sound??
Re: Stop Cursing Nigeria by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 01, 2020
“See o, another Animal talk”-Fela Kuti

1 Like

Re: Stop Cursing Nigeria by Amos1423(m): 7:21pm On Oct 01, 2020
OP i wish you Nigeria in Jesus name, amen!

whomever you copied that said he works even on Sunday.

from Monday to Monday here boys no de go anywhere for where I de cause work no dey.

No be people wey get na them de fit treat those bills? Introduce such in Nigeria and you'll be shocked the numbers that would be dangling in jail, why? Them don even see money chop food talk less of settling insurance?

Raise the standard of living, whatever bill you ask of us to pay, if we can afford it, why won't we pay?

OP as I de talk I de vex o make i no catch you for my street o.

1 Like

Re: Stop Cursing Nigeria by WoundedLamb: 7:26pm On Oct 01, 2020
You have a point. Comparing basket worth of each currency gives a better picture than the exchange rate cause they are many factors that could affect the exchange rate (like the Ghanaian case). N500 has a higher basket worth than the equivalent value in the UK. That's given.

But there is another perspective. So far, you viewed it from the expenditure angle. What of income? How readily available is N500 in Nigeria compared with £1 in the UK? I mean, how easy is it to make N500 in Nigeria compared to easy it is to make £1 in the UK? In 2020 the the national minimum wage for adults over the age of 25 in the United Kingdom is to £8.72 per hour. I'm not going to compare this with the Nigerian minimum wage cause I'll be making the same mistake you made. Instead, it would be more productive to convert this to a monthly salary and compare with minimum monthly expense per individual in the UK to see to what extent the income can accommodate the expenditures. Then do the same for a Nigerian earning the minimum monthly wage and see who is really better off. This doesn't put into considerations the basic amenities enjoyed by the UK residents.

Thanks for the mind stimulating write-up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Cursing Nigeria by Vyzz: 7:51pm On Oct 01, 2020
Re: Stop Cursing Nigeria by naira123: 8:04pm On Oct 01, 2020
Rubbish analysis. The least denomination in UK is £1 and the least denomination in Nigeria is N1. Today €1 has value and one can use it to buy atleast 2 indomie, 2 eggs, and a bottle of Coke. Now I ask you, what can you do with N1? If there's nothing you can use it to buy, then use it to buy sense for yourself...... wink

(1) (Reply)

Hijab Lady Tackles Buhari Government Over Insecurity, Corruption And Mal-adminis / Igbatagokwa Ala? / Anambra Reps Member Clashes With With Police Over Brutality - VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.