Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,529 members, 7,837,018 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Akpoguma: I Can’t Wait To Play For Super Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Akpoguma: I Can’t Wait To Play For Super Eagles (878 Views)

Kevin Akpoguma: FIFA Approves Ex-German Youth Star’s Switch To Nigeria / Osimhen: I Can’t Wait To Face Ronaldo / NFF Target Kevin Akpoguma Scores Bundesliga's 1000th Own Goal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpoguma: I Can’t Wait To Play For Super Eagles by robosky02(m): 8:17pm On Oct 01, 2020
Akpoguma: I Can’t Wait To Play For Super Eagles

Hoffenheim defender Kevin Akpoguma can’t wait to don the green and white colours of Nigenia after confirming his interest to play for the three-time African champions, reports Completesports.com.

Born to a German mother and a Nigerian father, Akpoguma is eligible to play for Germany and Nigeria.

The 25-year-old has played for Germany at youth levels, but is now willing to represent Nigeria at senior level.

Akpoguma was the captain of the Germany U-20 team that reached the quarter-finals of the 2015 U-20 World Cup in New Zealand.

The centre-back is now awaiting FIFA’s clearance after submitting a written request to the world soccer ruling body for a switch in allegiance.

“It’s something I’ve been thinking about for a long time. I am now at an age where I have already gained experience at European level with TSG and feel ready to play for my homeland,” Akpoguma told Hoffenheim’s official website.

“It makes me incredibly proud and I am positively excited. I’m really looking forward to getting to know the team.”

He has made two league appearances for Hoffenheim this season.

https://www.completesports.com/akpoguma-i-cant-wait-to-play-for-super-eagles/

Re: Akpoguma: I Can’t Wait To Play For Super Eagles by kenzysmith: 8:30am On Oct 02, 2020
after waiting for good 7 years for Germany and no call up and u decided to pick ur second choice which is Nigeria I swear we done suffer.

2 Likes

Re: Akpoguma: I Can’t Wait To Play For Super Eagles by robosky02(m): 9:44am On Oct 02, 2020
kenzysmith:
after waiting for good 7 years for Germany and no call up and u decided to pick ur second choice which is Nigeria I swear we done suffer.

He doesn't want to be like Tammy Abraham.....

And for Saka ......hmmm
Re: Akpoguma: I Can’t Wait To Play For Super Eagles by kenzysmith: 10:12am On Oct 02, 2020
robosky02:

He doesn't want to be like Tammy Abraham.....

And for Saka ......hmmm
those once were Even called this one wasn't even called for good seven years shows he is not even good genort rohr should invite thous that are good not because u are half cast that automatically make u a starter.
Re: Akpoguma: I Can’t Wait To Play For Super Eagles by vanida6: 12:46pm On Oct 02, 2020
The name sef to hard to call sad

akpoguma
Re: Akpoguma: I Can’t Wait To Play For Super Eagles by robosky02(m): 3:20pm On Oct 03, 2020
7 Facts About Super Eagles Prospect Kevin Akpoguma

TSG Hoffenheim of Germany centre-back Kevin Akpoguma has declared his intention to play for the Super Eagles after representing Germany at youth level. Completesports.com’s ADEBOYE AMOSU digs out seven facts about the defender.

1. Nigerian Father/ German Mother

Kevin was born to Nigerian father and German mother. His father migrated from Nigeria at a very young age before settling down in Germany.

2. Earlier Played As Striker

The tall, strong and imposing defender used to be a centre-forward before he was converted by a former youth coach.

3. U-17 Euro Championship Winner With Germany

The 25-year-old was part of the German U-17 team that won the European Championship in Hungary. They defeated Portugal 1-0 in the final.

4. Helped Germany Pip Nigeria At U-20 W/Cup

The big centre-back captained the German U-20 side at the FIFA U-20 World Cup in New Zealand in 2015. Germany knocked the Flying Eagles out of that competition in the second round. Wilfred Ndidi, Kelechi Iheanacho and Isaac Success were part of Flying Eagles team.

5. Veteran Of Germany’s Age-Grade Teams

Kevin played in all of Germany’s youth teams- U16, U17, U18 and U19 before agreeing to represent Nigeria at senior level.

6. Best German Youth Player Award Winner

In 2013, Kevin got the Fritz-Walter medal award from the German Football Federation. The award honours every year the best Germany players of U17, U18 and U19.

7. Only Two Visits To Nigeria

Born in Germany, Kevin has visited Nigeria only twice. The first time was when he was four-years old.

Lalasticlala. Mynd44
https://www.completesports.com/7-facts-about-super-eagles-prospect-kevin-akpoguma/

(1) (Reply)

Story Of Lazio's '17-year-old' Wonderkid Joseph Minala Accused Of Being 42(pix) / Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move / Super Eagles Kalu Collapses During Ligue 1 Game Against Marseille (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.