Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,388 members, 7,954,566 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:32 PM

Help Me Solve This Flutter Installation Error. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help Me Solve This Flutter Installation Error. (700 Views)

Please Help Me Solve This Problem In C++ / Please Help Me Solve This MATLAB Problems / Wordpress Plugin Installation Error (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Solve This Flutter Installation Error. by Killertune20: 9:20pm On Oct 01, 2020
Please house, have been trying to install android studio and flutter, after installation, I would want to start a new flutter project and an error message pops up, please see pictures below.....

Re: Help Me Solve This Flutter Installation Error. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 01, 2020
VScode one of the most shitty dev tools I've ever used in my life. Is it that you installed the extension and it refused to work or what, explain fully please.
Re: Help Me Solve This Flutter Installation Error. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 01, 2020
Killertune20:
Please house, have been trying to install android studio and flutter, after installation, I would want to start a new flutter project and an error message pops up, please see pictures below.....

Flutter isn't added to your path, hence cmd can't find it

follow the official installation instructions, again and everything should work fine
https://flutter.dev/docs/get-started/install/windows#update-your-path

1 Like

Re: Help Me Solve This Flutter Installation Error. by Killertune20: 11:32pm On Oct 01, 2020
DrLevi:

Flutter isn't added to your path, hence cmd can't find it

follow the official installation instructions, again and everything should work fine
https://flutter.dev/docs/get-started/install/windows#update-your-path

have followed the instructions over and over again, LMFAO but this is the first step to me learning how to code and I encounter this, I guess it's a warning sign, I should keep off.
Re: Help Me Solve This Flutter Installation Error. by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 02, 2020
Killertune20:

have followed the instructions over and over again, LMFAO but this is the first step to me learning how to code and I encounter this, I guess it's a warning sign, I should keep off.
firstly a hybrid mobile framework shouldn't be your first attempt at programming. You'll be in for a lot of hell.

Well you'll be in a lot of hell whichever way, so welcome to programminggrin

did you extract the folder and copy the folder path to your env file correctly?
maybe you should watch a video on the installation process on youtube so you know how to set it up correctly cause I doubt you know all the gibberish i'm speaking

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Solve This Flutter Installation Error. by GeneralDae: 1:48am On Oct 02, 2020
Killertune20:

I'll advice you uninstall everything, then start the process all over again with a video. Since you are so new to programming, follow the video step by step.
Make sure after installing Git, you add it to your PATH in environment variables.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Solve This Flutter Installation Error. by Ayemileto(m): 4:55pm On Oct 02, 2020
Killertune20:

If you really followed it, you shouldn't have any problems sad

Send a screenshot of the directory you installed flutter on your PC.

And a screenshot of your environmental variables.
Re: Help Me Solve This Flutter Installation Error. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 02, 2020
Killertune20:

Don't keep off bro, vscode is like that, I know what I suffered when trying to install the c++ extension. Just uninstall everything and start from scratch again.
Re: Help Me Solve This Flutter Installation Error. by Killertune20: 10:37pm On Oct 02, 2020
GeneralDae:

I'll advice you uninstall everything, then start the process all over again with a video. Since you are so new to programming, follow the video step by step.
Make sure after installing Git, you add it to your PATH in environment variables.

I did add git to my environment variable, I copied the bin location and edited the path on environment variable just as I did on flutter, as for the case of flutter, whenever I use the command line to launch flutter it says flutter not installed, even though I installed it, copied the bin location, edited environment variable and pasted it too.

Can I have you on WhatsApp please?
Re: Help Me Solve This Flutter Installation Error. by Killertune20: 10:39pm On Oct 02, 2020
GeneralDae:

No it doesn't sound gibberish, I have been watching videos, I edited the path and pasted the bin location, for flutter and for git, I believe I must have omitted something, can I have you on WhatsApp please?
Re: Help Me Solve This Flutter Installation Error. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 03, 2020
SegFault:
VScode one of the most shitty dev tools I've ever used in my life.

Are you sure? Facebook has this to say about VScode: "We’re making Visual Studio Code the default development environment at Facebook and teaming with Microsoft to help enhance their remote development extensions in an effort to enable engineers to do remote development at scale." November 19, 2019 Source: https://developers.facebook.com/blog/post/2019/11/19/facebook-microsoft-partnering-remote-development/
Re: Help Me Solve This Flutter Installation Error. by ugwum007(m): 4:51pm On Oct 03, 2020
You need to update your path. You can also run flutter command from your normal window terminal if you are sure flutter is in your path.

But what happened to using Android studio, vs code will frustrate your life with flutter. Very soon, dart analysis will stop working.
Re: Help Me Solve This Flutter Installation Error. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 03, 2020
ugwum007:
You need to update your path. You can also run flutter command from your normal window terminal if you are sure flutter is in your path.

But what happened to using Android studio, vs code will frustrate your life with flutter. Very soon, dart analysis will stop working.

All this Vscode hate, that I can't seem to relate to. Same VScode I've been using without any problem

Android studio is slow and heavy especially with an emulator on, despite the fact that I have 8gb of ram + SSD.. Imagine how worse it'll be for someone with less specs.
Re: Help Me Solve This Flutter Installation Error. by ugwum007(m): 9:32pm On Oct 03, 2020
DrLevi:

All this Vscode hate, that I can't seem to relate to. Same VScode I've been using without any problem

Android studio is slow and heavy especially with an emulator on, despite the fact that I have 8gb of ram + SSD.. Imagine how worse it'll be for someone with less specs.

Upgrade to 16gb ram and you will enjoy everything about android studio.
Re: Help Me Solve This Flutter Installation Error. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 03, 2020
ugwum007:

Upgrade to 16gb ram and you will enjoy everything about android studio.
Exactly why android studio is rubbish. Why would i need as much as 16gb just to develop apps? VScode runs fine on 4gb(with physical device)

Maybe when i upgrade my RAM, I'll finally understand this android studio hype
Re: Help Me Solve This Flutter Installation Error. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 03, 2020
DrLevi:

Exactly why android studio is rubbish. Why would i need as much as 16gb just to develop apps? VScode runs fine on 4gb(with physical device)

Maybe when i upgrade my RAM, I'll finally understand this android studio hype

Test via a real device, Emulator eats memory, try x86 emulators
Re: Help Me Solve This Flutter Installation Error. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 03, 2020
pcguru1:

Test via a real device, Emulator eats memory, try x86 emulators
My real device has android 8.1, I wouldn't be able to tell if my app would work just as fine on Android 11 or Android 6. With emulator I can test my apps across a wild range of versions, with a range of screens too

Other emulators are stuck with android 8 and below, the ones i checked out.

Las Las, its buying more ram or sticking with VScode, which gives me no problem at all.
Re: Help Me Solve This Flutter Installation Error. by GeneralDae: 6:18am On Oct 04, 2020
DrLevi:

Re: Help Me Solve This Flutter Installation Error. by Benjaniblinks(m): 7:14am On Oct 04, 2020
Killertune20:
It should be "flutter create project_name"
It should work now.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Solve This Flutter Installation Error. by Benjaniblinks(m): 7:37am On Oct 04, 2020
If you are still having issues... follow this steps.
1. Make sure Java JDK is installed on your PC. Say Java 8 or 9.

2. Download flutter SDK

3 Create a new folder in your C: DIRECTORY let's say SRC FOLDER and name another folder inside called "flutter".

So your folder structure will be like
C:\SRC\flutter

2. Now extract your downloaded flutter SDK to your newly created
C:\SRC\flutter

3.Go to search and find "environment variable"
Create a new VARIABLE called PATH.

GO to each folder and copy the path and paste in the environment variable as shown below

N.B
Yours might be C:\Users\user
Mine is C:\Users\PC

1 Like

Re: Help Me Solve This Flutter Installation Error. by ReactGA: 11:26pm On Oct 05, 2020
Benjaniblinks:

It should be "flutter create project_name"
It should work now.

I was wondering why everyone didnt see that error. Although, it seems d error is a little more complex than the project name. It appears flutter is not yet/properly installed
Re: Help Me Solve This Flutter Installation Error. by Benjaniblinks(m): 6:44am On Oct 06, 2020
ReactGA:

I was wondering why everyone didnt see that error. Although, it seems d error is a little more complex than the project name. It appears flutter is not yet/properly installed
And also running flutter in upper case maybe the flutter SDK folder is in upper case. Cus I have encountered so many problems using flutter and I am happy I can solve most of them.

(1) (Reply)

Python Flask Help - How Can I Solve This. / React Native Or Flutter Which Is Better? / Brokenness And Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.