Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,599 members, 7,823,608 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians (10574 Views)

April Polls: Between Pdp And Opposition Rallies / April Polls: Inec Adopts Modified Open Secret Ballot / Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians by 9ijaMan: 10:16am On Mar 05, 2011
And if you try to stuff ballot boxes to rig, you'll be lynched.

Rig the elections and get the lynching treatment. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians by hackney(m): 11:44am On Mar 05, 2011
Are election riggings done at the ballot? ?
You lot are not serious.

That even goes to show how naive Buhari is.
What an extremist blockhead.
Re: April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians by anonimi: 12:24pm On Mar 05, 2011
While we are debating and identifying our favourites for president and governors of our states, we should not lose focus on the candidates for national and state assembly legislators.
Let us scrutinise, select and mobilise support for our choice based on their individual integrity rather than blindly following party's choice that may be the wife, kid, in-law, relation of the party godfathers.
We can reduce the legisLOOTERS and increase the legislators who can channel our needs to the executives and make better laws for us all.
Re: April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians by 9ijaMan: 12:41pm On Mar 05, 2011
hackney:

Are election riggings done at the ballot? ?
You lot are not serious.

That even goes to show how naive Buhari is.
What an extremist blockhead.
Abeg educate us. Na where/how una dey plan to do the rigging this time around?
Apparently you've never heard of how ballot boxes are snatched and stuffed with multiple thumb-printinted ballot papers.
Re: April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians by AHMAD143: 2:23pm On Mar 05, 2011
Let come together to ease the point of today, well working for the gain of tomorrow vote for the right man he who has the talent, ability and the intelligent. The challenge is great the time is now and goal is clear. Vote for Major General Muhammad Buharia.
Re: April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians by Time2Think(f): 3:26pm On Mar 05, 2011
protect your votes, throw bombs where necessary. Sharia must stay.
Re: April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians by bissalla: 4:25pm On Mar 05, 2011
The only  way for Nigerians to effectively get a change is to protect their votes just as Buhari suggested, it doesn't have to be through  lynching.
Re: April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians by Theblessed(f): 4:27pm On Mar 05, 2011
Kobojunkie:

ROFLMAO!!! Sorry to snap you back to reality in this way but No, the world has not moved on to anything better. You are referring to a world were people are still burnt alive, massacred and now blown up to bits, while the government continues to ignore the issue of security as it continues to propose solutions and ideas that are disconnected and insufficient.

You mean the bullying, rigging of votes and killing of innocents all so votes can be rigged for the corrupt still is better? I disagree!

ROFLMAO!! Are you asking of rule of law now? After year, after year of the same rule of law being ignored while the corrupt continue to ignore the rights of the common man? How do you fix it if you are not able to protect your vote?

[b][size=16pt]Pardon me!  But the reality you live in, is archaic! A world of primitivity and primitive thinkers, who are unable to devise innovative ways to resolve problems other than the use of 'Force and intimidation' - and what has that achieved? Nothing!

In fact, you may not realise this, that (whilst online here) you have subconsciously exhibited these uncivilised/primitive triats we are talking about here e.g. intimidation. Even your description of events here, points you in that direction. Yes, I could hear you proclaim your Self Righteousness over this, by asking, how could a small woman like you, intimidate anyone?

And I ask, what makes anyone think you couldn't when you're already on it - intimidating others. Imagine you, shrinking my texts  and misrepresenting it from, it's original presentation.  It's not your work, is it? And, why did you do it?? If not for your love of CONTROL, FORCE and INTIMIDATION, what else could it be?  At least, everyone could see why you support barbarism and barbaric intimidators like Buhari - it's all about hunger for power and control of others, and it won't work for una!  

Therefore, I ask you again, what would lynching people because they riggged election (that would only last 4yrs or so) achieve, when you can jail them or place a ban on them from contesting any election, if found guilty instead of terminating their lives as if that would solve Nigeria's problems? 

For example, in the 70's and 80's they introduced, the killing of Armed robbers and Drug pushers via firing squard  and I ask again, has armed robbery and drug pushing stopped??

Life is precious!  A bad man today may become a good man tomorrow, in turn become economically beneficial to his country so, if you and those you support kill him today by your lynching - you have techically deprived Nigeria, off her Asset - think and think again! Is anyone home here, yet? sad sad

No wonder, your kind of leaders are classed, lazy and impotent, upstairs! cool cool  

Now, I await your vindication of not supporting rule by iron-hand/barbarism - bring it on, babe!
[/size][/b]
Re: April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians by muyoto: 4:43pm On Mar 05, 2011
^^^must you always shout?? GEEZ!
Re: April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians by 9ijaMan: 5:13pm On Mar 05, 2011
muyoto:

^^^must you always shout?? GEEZ!
I wonder o!

Theblessed:

Pardon me!  But the reality you live in, is archaic! A world of primitivity and primitive thinkers, who are unable to devise innovative ways to resolve problems other than the use of 'Force and intimidation' - and what has that achieved? Nothing!

In fact, you may not realise this, that (whilst online here) you have subconsciously exhibited these uncivilised/primitive triats we are talking about here e.g. intimidation. Even your description of events here, points you in that direction. Yes, I could hear you proclaim your Self Righteousness over this, by asking, how could a small woman like you, intimidate anyone?

And I ask, what makes anyone think you couldn't when you're already on it - intimidating others. Imagine you, shrinking my texts  and misrepresenting it from, it's original presentation.  It's not your work, is it? And, why did you do it?? If not for your love of CONTROL, FORCE and INTIMIDATION, what else could it be?  At least, everyone could see why you support barbarism and barbaric intimidators like Buhari - it's all about hunger for power and control of others, and it won't work for una!  

Therefore, I ask you again, what would lynching people because they riggged election (that would only last 4yrs or so) achieve, when you can jail them or place a ban on them from contesting any election, if found guilty instead of terminating their lives as if that would solve Nigeria's problems? 

For example, in the 70's and 80's they introduced, the killing of Armed robbers and Drug pushers via firing squard  and I ask again, has armed robbery and drug pushing stopped??

Life is precious!  A bad man today may become a good man tomorrow, in turn become economically beneficial to his country so, if you and those you support kill him today by your lynching - you have techically deprived Nigeria, off her Asset - think and think again! Is anyone home here, yet? sad sad

No wonder, your kind of leaders are classed, lazy and impotent, upstairs! cool cool  

Now, I await your vindication of not supporting rule by iron-hand/barbarism - bring it on, babe!

You made several baseless allegations in you epistle. Firstly, Buhari did not say people should lynch, he rather said people should protect their votes. For the sake of argument let me answer some of your weird questions.

The answer to your first question is "YES" lynching anyone who attempts t rig an election will solve our problem. When election riggers are stopped in their track the choice of the people will be voted into power and these would be people oriented individuals who would ensure the rights of the citizens are protected. By the way how many election riggers have been jailed in Nigeria?

Drug peddlers reduced in number drastically when Buhari put the capital punishment in place. Drug peddling is almost not existing in the middle east, why? Because the punishment is grave and thus potential peddlers and pushers are deterred.

A bad man today becomes a bad man tomorrow? You must be kidding me! So election riggers should be allowed to rig and go about freely carrying out their nefarious acts, because they can become good men tomorrow. I laugh in mandarin! You must be the one living in a fantasy land.

In case you plan to rig, I'd advice you not to try it o! 'cos you'll be lynched. I would prefer to lynch anyone who want to mortgage my future and the future of kids than to sit down lamely and hope that the riggers become good people tomorrow. Anyways, I no too blame you, after all GEJ too asked Nigerian Christians to pray for the Abuja and Jos bombers to come out publicly to confess their sins.
Keep dreaming!
Re: April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians by kelvin(m): 5:45pm On Mar 05, 2011
Lynch supporters? Is the man trying to get people arrested? That is a very 'unleaderly' suggestion. angry
Re: April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians by honeric01(m): 7:25pm On Mar 05, 2011
@kelvin
  I hope you can read? if yes, then show me where he said anyone should lynch anyone.

One of our problems here in Nigeria is that we hardly read, and when we do, we read negative meanings into almost everything.

Vote

Let your vote count by protecting it.

Do not let anyone take away what belongs to you.
Re: April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians by tony451: 4:43am On Mar 06, 2011
Theblessed:

[b][size=16pt]Pardon me! But the reality you live in, is archaic! A world of primitivity and primitive thinkers, who are unable to devise innovative ways to resolve problems other than the use of 'Force and intimidation' - and what has that achieved? Nothing!

And I ask, what makes anyone think you couldn't when you're already on it - intimidating others. Imagine you, shrinking my texts and misrepresenting it from, it's original presentation. It's not your work, is it? And, why did you do it?? If not for your love of CONTROL, FORCE and INTIMIDATION, what else could it be? At least, everyone could see why you support barbarism and barbaric intimidators like Buhari - it's all about hunger for power and control of others, and it won't work for una!

For example, in the 70's and 80's they introduced, the killing of Armed robbers and Drug pushers via firing squard and I ask again, has armed robbery and drug pushing stopped??

Life is precious! A bad man today may become a good man tomorrow, in turn become economically beneficial to his country so, if you and those you support kill him today by your lynching - you have techically deprived Nigeria, off her Asset - think and think again! Is anyone home here, yet? sad sad

[/size][/b]

It’s very sad because it’s because of people like you that this country is still where it is. What would you have said to the people in Libya if you were a Libyan? “Stop fighting for your freedom to determine your future! Go home and sue Gadhafi in the courts!”. Do you think the 2007 elections were rigged? I’d say yes. Did Buhari go to the courts? I think so. Did he get justice? I don’t think so, Yar’adua was still declared winner. Let me then ask you this- who is now going to put Obasanjo and Yar’adua and Jonathan in jail for the elections they rigged? Who is now banning Jonathan from contesting for any elections based on the fact that he was rigged into power albeit as the junior partner of the ticket. Who is banning Alao-Akala, or Oni from contesting? Or is Akala now a good man? Is his life precious to the millions of Oyo citizens that are suffering from his looting of the state?
Or is it Buhari and Atiku that you expected to put Yaradua in jail? What positions do they hold? Is Buhari the judge or is Atiku the Attorney General of the federation? Tell me who in China or Saudi Arabia will not think twice before smuggling in narcotics. In fact go try it? The death sentence you get will shock you. Is it not the same China that just overtook Japan as the 2nd biggest economy in the world and is poised to overtake the US in a few years? Nigeria desperately needs the discipline someone like Buhari brings to the table if is ever to move out of the dire mess it is in. Hopefully people like you would not hold us back when we start our own revolution. Egyptians and Tunisians are busy moving forward while we here wringing our hands and talking of primitivity!! SEIZE YOUR FUTURE!!
Re: April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians by Theblessed(f): 5:17am On Mar 06, 2011
9ijaMan:

I wonder o!

You made several baseless allegations in you epistle. Firstly, Buhari did not say people should lynch, he rather said people should protect their votes. For the sake of argument let me answer some of your weird questions.

The answer to your first question is "YES" lynching anyone who attempts t rig an election will solve our problem. When election riggers are stopped in their track the choice of the people will be voted into power and these would be people oriented individuals who would ensure the rights of the citizens are protected. By the way how many election riggers have been jailed in Nigeria?

Drug peddlers reduced in number drastically when Buhari put the capital punishment in place. Drug peddling is almost not existing in the middle east, why? Because the punishment is grave and thus potential peddlers and pushers are deterred.

A bad man today becomes a bad man tomorrow? You must be kidding me! So election riggers should be allowed to rig and go about freely carrying out their nefarious acts, because they can become good men tomorrow. I laugh in mandarin! You must be the one living in a fantasy land.

In case you plan to rig, I'd advice you not to try it o! 'cos you'll be lynched. I would prefer to lynch anyone who want to mortgage my future and the future of kids than to sit down lamely and hope that the riggers become good people tomorrow. Anyways, I no too blame you, after all GEJ too asked Nigerian Christians to pray for the Abuja and Jos bombers to come out publicly to confess their sins.
Keep dreaming!

[size=16pt]Hey, no need to respond to a bunch of intimidators here, really! But, have to leave you with these few lines. 

Thought you had a reasoned and logical argument but didn't realise it was just religious-politique - based on sentimentality. Sorrio o, the man you support won't stand a chance, have you considered the 1650's?

Well I suggest, you take him back there maybe, his campaign will take off there - don't you reckon? Try it! sad
[/size]
Re: April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 5:32am On Mar 06, 2011
Theblessed:

Pardon me!  But the reality you live in, is archaic! A world of primitivity and primitive thinkers, who are unable to devise innovative ways to resolve problems other than the use of 'Force and intimidation' - and what has that achieved? Nothing!

Self Righteousness? Small Woman?? WOW . . . . you really have your head in your arse there, don't you? Kindly focus on arguing your side of this SANELY rather than jumping to ATTACK me, a PERSON YOU HAVE NEVER MET AND WILL LIKELY NEVER MEET

That you have made up for yourself, IN YOUR OWN MIND ALONE, a world that is without these ills, does not eliminate the fact that the world out there is still cruel and archaic. Denying that will not make it better or make the bad man at the door go away!
Theblessed:

Lol . . .  I am sorry that your person is wrapped up in those large purple letters but I like my screen without the ugliness for when I respond. I am not here to enable your ego. Again, FOCUS ON ARGUING YOUR POINT AS BEST YOU CAN.

Theblessed:

In the 70's, and 80's? It was introduced?? ROFLMAO!!! DUDE, It has been going on for longer than that and still goes on to this day. Again, step out of fantasy island there . . . . the real world is calling you to open your eyes and your mind to first before you go blathering on about how life is now a bed of roses and fancy farts.

Theblessed:

Spare me the moronic line of argument . . . .  A bad man today may become a good man tomorrow, in turn become economically beneficial to his country so . . ,  ROFLMAO!!!! Yet, you are here condemning Buhari for being a "bad  man" yesterday??  What are you doing then? Aren't you technically depriving Nigeria of  tommorow's good man? (SEE REASONING FOR PETE's SAKE) ROFLMAO!!

I think before you go around lecturing people on what is being said or on people, you need to stop letting your hormones take control of you there, calm yourself down and take time to read and understand where people are coming from.
Re: April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians by Theblessed(f): 7:04am On Mar 06, 2011
tony_450:

It’s very sad because it’s because of people like you that this country is still where it is. What would you have said to the people in Libya if you were a Libyan? “Stop fighting for your freedom to determine your future! Go home and sue Gadhafi in the courts!”. Do you think the 2007 elections were rigged? I’d say yes. Did Buhari go to the courts? I think so. Did he get justice? I don’t think so, Yar’adua was still declared winner. Let me then ask you this- who is now going to put Obasanjo and Yar’adua and Jonathan in jail for the elections they rigged? Who is now banning Jonathan from contesting for any elections based on the fact that he was rigged into power albeit as the junior partner of the ticket. Who is banning Alao-Akala, or Oni from contesting? Or is Akala now a good man? Is his life precious to the millions of Oyo citizens that are suffering from his looting of the state?
Or is it Buhari and Atiku that you expected to put Yaradua in jail? What positions do they hold? Is Buhari the judge or is Atiku the Attorney General of the federation? Tell me who in China or Saudi Arabia will not think twice before smuggling in narcotics. In fact go try it? The death sentence you get will shock you. Is it not the same China that just overtook Japan as the 2nd biggest economy in the world and is poised to overtake the US in a few years? Nigeria desperately needs the discipline someone like Buhari brings to the table if is ever to move out of the dire mess it is in. Hopefully people like you would not hold us back when we start our own revolution. Egyptians and Tunisians are busy moving forward while we here wringing our hands and talking of primitivity!! SEIZE YOUR FUTURE!!

[b][size=16pt]Which future, am I expected to seize here, where I would be forced to wear Bukha?? Eh? Naaaaah, thank you! grin grin

Now, take this for your argument!

You see, your comparisons do not wash, at all! Libya and Nigeria has nothing in common other than they are 2 Independent oil producing African States. Libya is a one party autocracy in the desert, with at least 90% moslems and has 1 or more tongues.  Nigeria, on the other hand, is a multi-party, multi-religious system in the sub-sahara and have over 200 different tongues, how did they compare, in politics?

The kind of dictatorship you people want for Nigeria, wouldn't it be better go over there, and fill your heart content with it than bringing it here and expecting us to take it, naaaaaaaaaah! Hear it now, it will not work! Just don't try it!

It's seems you all now hate Gadafi, isn't  it?  All along, you all have supported him and non of you had the guts to come out and condemn him openly of atrocities until the world started shouting. And here your are querying me about the  brother you supported all along, together with Egyptian politics - which in my view is quite moderate compared to others? Not fair asking me, is it? Listen, extremism will not stand in Nigerian maybe, in the North and there, it will remain.

Again, if those in power couldn't change the law to make it easy and accessible to bring to justice, in a civilised manner those caught in the act, who would, then?  Me, with my one vote? Well, I am voting for common sense -a balanced and moderate agenda and certainly, not for sentiments nor extremism. You can now, see I know how to seize my future - putting my vote where my mouth is, and that's exactly where everyone should put their votes and not on tribal and religious sentiments as is the case now, that would be idiotic

So, people, put your votes where your mouths are, and seize your future as they say!! grin grin grin
[/size][/b]
Re: April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians by tony451: 7:53am On Mar 06, 2011
Theblessed:

[b][size=16pt]Which future, am I expected to seize here, where I would be forced to wear Bukha?? Eh? Naaaaah, thank you! grin grin

You see, your comparisons do not wash, at all! Libya and Nigeria has nothing in common other than they are 2 Independent oil producing African States. Libya is a one party autocracy in the desert, with at least 90% moslems and has 1 or more tongues. Nigeria, on the other hand, is a multi-party, multi-religious system in the sub-sahara and have over 200 different tongues, how did they compare, in politics?

The kind of dictatorship you people want for Nigeria, wouldn't it be better go over there, and fill your heart content with it than bringing it here and expecting us to take it, naaaaaaaaaah! Hear it now, it will not work! Just don't try it!

It's seems you all now hate Gadafi, isn't it? All along, you all have supported him and non of you had the guts to come out and condemn him openly of atrocities until the world started shouting. And here your are querying me about the brother you supported all along, together with Egyptian politics - which in my view is quite moderate compared to others? Not fair asking me, is it? Listen, extremism will not stand in Nigerian maybe, in the North and there, it will remain.

Again, if those in power couldn't change the law to make it easy and accessible to bring to justice, in a civilised manner those caught in the act, who would, then? Me, with my one vote? Well, I am voting for common sense -a balanced and moderate agenda and certainly, not for sentiments nor extremism. You can now, see I know how to seize my future - putting my vote where my mouth is, and that's exactly where everyone should put their votes and not on tribal and religious sentiments as is the case now, that would be idiotic

So, people, put your votes where your mouths are, and seize your future as they say!! grin grin grin
[/size][/b]

If you can’t see it then I’ll point it out to you. Nigeria’s situation is similar to Libya’s for no other reason than the type of leadership we’ve had. You say we have a multiparty system right? Now tell me which other party apart from PDP has realistically had the opportunity to rule the country since democracy supposedly started in 1999? Is the constant rigging of elections in order to keep one party in power not a form of dictatorship in itself? Granted, we haven’t been ruled by one person only, but then what is the difference? Is the cabal that was behind Obasanjo not the same cabal behind Yar’adua and now Jonathan? Do they not siphon our common wealth in order to enrich themselves at the expense of everyone else? Sure Obj didn’t get his third term, but he might as well have been ruling for the past three yrs since he handpicked our president. If PDP intends to rig the coming election to keep themselves in power agaist our wishes then we have a right as a nation to react with force if necessary in order to protect our future and that of our children just as those in Libya, Tunisia and Egypt are doing with great success.

Secondly, I went to secondary school in naija and am now about to finish College in the US at the age of 20. Which autocracy am I keeping where? Who is talking of autocracy? Didn’t I just argue for a disciplinarian as President in my previous post? Does that translate to autocratic rule? If you see a the quality of having no time for the corruption and the gross indiscipline of Nigerian politicians as autocracy then please by all means I want to live in that autocracy. I have only made about 3 posts on Nairaland in my life so how do you know whether I ever supported Gaddafi or Mubarak. If you really want to know about me or my opinions I’ll tell you. I am 20yrs old, Catholic, Yoruba. I have a deep seated and principled dislike of both men for what they have done to their people. Anyone who robs his people blind and kills them should be thrown into jail for life with hard labour. It is inexcusable.

From your post it sounds like you are voting for Ribadu. If that is true, more grease to your elbow! However there is something in your last paragraph I have trouble with. How on earth is Buhari or Ribadu meant to make any changes in order to make it easier for us to bring election riggers and mandate thieves to justice? Is it not PDP that is in charge at the top? Are they not also the ones benefitting from all the rigging? What motives do they have to change the status quo? Only the opposition and us ordinary Nigerians can bring about any change by refusing as a people to tolerate their tricks. This would only happen if we take to the streets and make it clear that things will not be the same this time around. This is what Buhari is asking us all to do and if you read through this thread you will know that he said we should defend our votes and never once mentioned “LYNCH”.
Re: April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians by 9ijaMan: 10:12am On Mar 06, 2011
tony_450:

If you can’t see it then I’ll point it out to you. Nigeria’s situation is similar to Libya’s for no other reason than the type of leadership we’ve had. You say we have a multiparty system right? Now tell me which other party apart from PDP has realistically had the opportunity to rule the country since democracy supposedly started in 1999? Is the constant rigging of elections in order to keep one party in power not a form of dictatorship in itself? Granted, we haven’t been ruled by one person only, but then what is the difference? Is the cabal that was behind Obasanjo not the same cabal behind Yar’adua and now Jonathan? Do they not siphon our common wealth in order to enrich themselves at the expense of everyone else? Sure Obj didn’t get his third term, but he might as well have been ruling for the past three yrs since he handpicked our president. If PDP intends to rig the coming election to keep themselves in power agaist our wishes then we have a right as a nation to react with force if necessary in order to protect our future and that of our children just as those in Libya, Tunisia and Egypt are doing with great success.

Secondly, I went to secondary school in naija and am now about to finish College in the US at the age of 20. Which autocracy am I keeping where? Who is talking of autocracy? Didn’t I just argue for a disciplinarian as President in my previous post? Does that translate to autocratic rule? If you see a the quality of having no time for the corruption and the gross indiscipline of Nigerian politicians as autocracy then please by all means I want to live in that autocracy. I have only made about 3 posts on Nairaland in my life so how do you know whether I ever supported Gaddafi or Mubarak. If you really want to know about me or my opinions I’ll tell you. I am 20yrs old, Catholic, Yoruba. I have a deep seated and principled dislike of both men for what they have done to their people. Anyone who robs his people blind and kills them should be thrown into jail for life with hard labour. It is inexcusable.

From your post it sounds like you are voting for Ribadu. If that is true, more grease to your elbow! However there is something in your last paragraph I have trouble with. How on earth is Buhari or Ribadu meant to make any changes in order to make it easier for us to bring election riggers and mandate thieves to justice? Is it not PDP that is in charge at the top? Are they not also the ones benefitting from all the rigging? What motives do they have to change the status quo? Only the opposition and us ordinary Nigerians can bring about any change by refusing as a people to tolerate their tricks. This would only happen if we take to the streets and make it clear that things will not be the same this time around. This is what Buhari is asking us all to do and if you read through this thread you will know that he said we should defend our votes and never once mentioned “LYNCH”.

You've just about said it all except that I think you missed her choice of candidate. She's more than likely to be a GEJ fan. She makes unfounded and baseless allegations and accusations. I wonder when and where Buhari stated that he'll Islamize Nigeria.

I cannot really blame her for the warped logic she keep trying to put forward, 'cos she also a product of the decaying educational system which the PDP has continued to destroy in the last 12 years.

By the way, you'll be attacked soon for calling for protests in Nigeria from abroad.
Re: April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians by Odunnu: 4:17pm On Mar 06, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Self Righteousness? Small Woman?? WOW . . . . you really have your head in your arse there, don't you? Kindly focus on arguing your side of this SANELY rather than jumping to ATTACK me, a PERSON YOU HAVE NEVER MET AND WILL LIKELY NEVER MEET

That you have made up for yourself, IN YOUR OWN MIND ALONE, a world that is without these ills, does not eliminate the fact that the world out there is still cruel and archaic. Denying that will not make it better or make the bad man at the door go away! Lol . . .  I am sorry that your person is wrapped up in those large purple letters but I like my screen without the ugliness for when I respond. I am not here to enable your ego. Again, FOCUS ON ARGUING YOUR POINT AS BEST YOU CAN.

In the 70's, and 80's? It was introduced?? ROFLMAO!!! DUDE, It has been going on for longer than that and still goes on to this day. Again, step out of fantasy island there . . . . the real world is calling you to open your eyes and your mind to first before you go blathering on about how life is now a bed of roses and fancy farts.

Spare me the moronic line of argument . . . .  A bad man today may become a good man tomorrow, in turn become economically beneficial to his country so . . ,  ROFLMAO!!!! Yet, you are here condemning Buhari for being a "bad  man" yesterday??  What are you doing then? Aren't you technically depriving Nigeria of  tommorow's good man? (SEE REASONING FOR PETE's SAKE) ROFLMAO!!

I think before you go around lecturing people on what is being said or on people, you need to stop letting your hormones take control of you there, calm yourself down and take time to read and understand where people are coming from.
hey Kobo, i'm actually seeking your attention.
If you are left alone,you'l prolly grow old on this section of NL.
Take a walk, something is happening to your namesake here :
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-608501.160.html#msg7856263
Re: April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians by Odunnu: 4:18pm On Mar 06, 2011
Kobojunkie:

That you have made up for yourself, IN YOUR OWN MIND ALONE, a world that is without these ills, does not eliminate the fact that the world out there is still cruel and archaic. Denying that will not make it better or make the bad man at the door go away! Lol . . .  I am sorry that your person is wrapped up in those large purple letters but I like my screen without the ugliness for when I respond. I am not here to enable your ego. Again, FOCUS ON ARGUING YOUR POINT AS BEST YOU CAN.

hey Kobo, i'm actually seeking your attention.
If you are left alone,you'l prolly grow old on this section of NL.
Take a walk, something is happening to your namesake here :
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-608501.160.html#msg7856263
Re: April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians by Blazing99: 9:41am On Mar 07, 2011
Theblessed:

Which future, am I expected to seize here, where I would be forced to wear Bukha?? Eh? Naaaaah, thank you! grin grin

You see, your comparisons do not wash, at all! Libya and Nigeria has nothing in common other than they are 2 Independent oil producing African States. Libya is a one party autocracy in the desert, with at least 90% moslems and has 1 or more tongues.  Nigeria, on the other hand, is a multi-party, multi-religious system in the sub-sahara and have over 200 different tongues, how did they compare, in politics?

It's seems you all now hate Gadafi, isn't  it?  All along, you all have supported him and non of you had the guts to come out and condemn him openly of atrocities until the world started shouting. And here your are querying me about the  brother you supported all along, together with Egyptian politics - which in my view is quite moderate compared to others? Not fair asking me, is it? Listen, extremism will not stand in Nigerian maybe, in the North and there, it will remain.

Again, if those in power couldn't change the law to make it easy and accessible to bring to justice, in a civilised manner those caught in the act, who would, then?  Me, with my one vote? Well, I am voting for common sense -a balanced and moderate agenda and certainly, not for sentiments nor extremism. You can now, see I know how to seize my future - putting my vote where my mouth is, and that's exactly where everyone should put their votes and not on tribal and religious sentiments as is the case now, that would be idiotic

So, people, put your votes where your mouths are, and seize your future as they say!! grin grin grin[/color][/size][/b]

@ Blessed

You're making some sense but your sense here is plainly out of prejudice for northerners, the military and conservative. Since you're so much against Buhari, then could you kindly provide us with a better choice to a presently corrupt government, which is ready to please those in power and are ready to compromise their greed with the living conditions of the average Nigerian? If you can't, you're left with the good chices of either Ribadu or Buhari. Since Buhari's popularity keeps soaring by the day, I bet you put your support for a man who was once head of state with no corrupt allegations against him.
Re: April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians by caringchi(f): 1:02pm On Mar 07, 2011
I'M SURPRISED SOME PEOPLE ARE EVEN SUPPORTING SUCH BARBARIC STATEMENT

na waoooo

"lynch" when there are laws in the country? (an illiterate is really talking)

LOOK AT WHO WANTS TO RULE US!!!

i cry for some folks(blind followers)

Nigeria!!! dont be scared, GOD knows about u and will help u.
Re: April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians by OAM4J: 3:25pm On Mar 07, 2011
caringchi:

I'M SURPRISED SOME PEOPLE ARE EVEN SUPPORTING SUCH BARBARIC STATEMENT

na waoooo

"lynch"  when there are laws in the country? (an illiterate is really talking)

LOOK AT WHO WANTS TO RULE US!!!

i cry for some folks(blind followers)

Nigeria!!! dont be scared, GOD knows about u and will help u.

educate yourself, he never used the word lynch, a journalist misinterpreted his Hausa language.
Re: April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians by caringchi(f): 3:37pm On Mar 07, 2011
OAM4J:

educate yourself, he never used the word lynch, a journalist misinterpreted his Hausa language.

Mr. Education, i wonder where u get ur own information, if not mostly from the media.

if he didnt say it, y didnt he and his camaigners (like U) ask the media to apologize and clear the air?

my take on it: is that he was part of the 50years of rot of this country and shld allow younger generation to rule

i didnt see the magic he did, during his tenure.
Re: April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians by OAM4J: 3:57pm On Mar 07, 2011
caringchi:

Mr. Education, i wonder where u get your own information, if not mostly from the media.

if he didnt say it, y didnt he and his camaigners (like U) ask the media to apologize and clear the air?

my take on it: is that he was part of the 50years of rot of this country and shld allow younger generation to rule

i didnt see the magic he did, during his tenure.

We dont have the time, we are on a more important mission and we'll rather spend more time explaining things to someone like you than waste time on a propaganda.

here is what he said and its meaning:

a kasa” ("Cast" your votes)
“a tsare” Protect
“a raka” ("Escort" the ballot boxes)
“a jira” wait
“idan zaa taba ku hana”. Dont let them tamper with your votes/ Ballot boxes.

Pls in your honest opinion, which team among those contesting now is better than Buhari/Bukare team?
Re: April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians by caringchi(f): 4:24pm On Mar 07, 2011
OAM4J:

We dont have the time, we are on a more important mission and we'll rather spend more time explaining things to someone like you than waste time on a propaganda.

SEE UR LIFE?
MORE important than clarifying issues concerning his reputation? dont forget how he got into power the first time.

Pls in your honest opinion, which team among those contesting now is better than Buhari/Bukare team?

i dont have time to waste on fanatics like u
i'm a registered voter and i will use it wisely
Re: April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians by 9ijaMan: 4:30pm On Mar 07, 2011
caringchi:

Obviously you do not know the meaning of the word in bold fonts.
The fact remains that he stood up for something, which you are surely still confused about.
Re: April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians by Blazing99: 5:04pm On Mar 07, 2011
@ Caringchi
Pls make sure you vote for GEJ, but please dont you ever complain about Nigeria again cos you saw incompetency and outrightly voted for it.
Re: April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians by OAM4J: 5:31pm On Mar 07, 2011
caringchi:

Am not a fanatics, am only supporting what I considered as the best option for my country.

Please for your sake and the sake of your future generation, use your vote wisely.
Re: April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians by caringchi(f): 5:39pm On Mar 07, 2011
THE BEST OPTION OUT OF ALL THE CANDIDATES IS: GOODLUCK

he might not be the best, but amongst them all, i choose him
Re: April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians by 9ijaMan: 5:51pm On Mar 07, 2011
caringchi:

THE BEST OPTION OUT OF ALL THE CANDIDATES IS: GOODLUCK

he might not be the best, but amongst them all, i choose him

Wow!! shocked shocked
Your teachers taught you well o! To willing chose the wrong answer. To deliberately opt for a candidate you acknowledge not to be the best. To leap before you look.

O ma se o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala / Ondo Governorship: Borrofice Favoured To Pick APC's Ticket / Exxonmobil Donates 5000 Tablets To Kaduna Smart Education Initiative (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.