Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Why Go Abroad And Never Come Back? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Go Abroad And Never Come Back? (1151 Views)

Promise Me You Will Come Back - Nigerian Lady Cries At The Airport / How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad / Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Go Abroad And Never Come Back? by Canih28: 8:48am On Oct 02, 2020
Some people never stop to amaze me. They r always pointing their father's land with their left hand, whenever they found theirselves in abroad.
I'm so surprised when some talk trash about their country- Nigeria, as if their relatives. . .anyway.
I visited the forum, Travel with the Topic "Is Life Really Better Abroad?" while some talking as if NIGERIA is full of that much sh*t, So i posted my reply as below:

Don't RUN abroad, stay and eat what your fathers planted in the land
U guys should stop kidding me-ok, there is No place in the world that is 100% perfect from others. talking abt social amenities,Nigeria is growing up since 1960 not to compare her to other countries in abroad that gots their independence many years ago.
The birth of a country should be put into consideration, You can't just wakes up oneday and compare a new born baby to his father.
and remember, b4 a country worth living, their great grand father most have passed thru difficult time. . .
The people in abroad are enjoying the sacrifies made by their father, So stay in your country and plant a seed down for your younger generation/children and stop being selfish going to abroad to be a pertaker of what you know. . . , So your children generation wouldn't curse you in the nearest future.

As the saying "No place like Home" so why then go abroad and never want to come back to develop your father land. Some are given the power to develop this country by some means but because of greed and selfishness they DON'T.

What I really know is that, even the unborn generation will request for our account/attribute to the Land before their birth.

Now the question is "Why go abroad and never come back". . .
Comment please.
Re: Why Go Abroad And Never Come Back? by phorget(m): 9:10am On Oct 02, 2020
Canih28:
Some people never stop to amaze me. They r always pointing their father's land with their left hand, whenever they found theirselves in abroad.
I'm so surprised when some talk trash about their country- Nigeria, as if their relatives. . .anyway.
I visited the forum, Travel with the Topic "Is Life Really Better Abroad?" while some talking as if NIGERIA is full of that much sh*t, So i posted my reply as below:

As the saying "No place like Home" so why then go abroad and never want to come back to develop your father land. Some are given the power to develop this country by some means but because of greed and selfishness they DON'T.

What I really know is that, even the unborn generation will request for our account/attribute to the Land before their birth.

Now the question is "Why go abroad and never come back". . .
Comment please.

Have you ever bothered to compare Nigeria with other countries that got their independence in or after the year Nigeria got hers?
Forget about countries that got independence before Nigeria and let us compare the countries that are Nigeria's age mate first.

3 Likes

Re: Why Go Abroad And Never Come Back? by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 02, 2020
They should come home and develop the barren land so the thieves politicians can loot it all for their unborn kids? If I step on a plane out of this country trust me I'm never coming back

10 Likes

Re: Why Go Abroad And Never Come Back? by Canih28: 9:26am On Oct 02, 2020
Oshoooo:
They should come home and develop the barren land so the thieves politicians can loot it all for their unborn kids? If I step on a plane out of this country trust me I'm never coming back
I dey with you bro. wink

1 Like

Re: Why Go Abroad And Never Come Back? by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 02, 2020
Make dem just do mistake give me visa
As in like shèrè sheré and I enter plane go my dream country omo before I come back he go tae O walai
I fit come back if I see say I don old like 90+ i go just land for muritala airport back soft cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Go Abroad And Never Come Back? by Originalsly: 11:18am On Oct 02, 2020
As someone abroad..... returning is always on the table. Those who never travelled and really not in a position to compare living abroad and living at home will almost always say if they leave... they will never return. It's like many from the village seeing the bright lights of Lagos... the fancy cars.... tall buildings .... sooo many offices and places of employment.... sold everything they owned and head for the city... prepared to work hard and soon make a good living for themselves.... build the biggest house back in the village.... and return in their latter years with Range Rover to chill out the rest of their lives. They must find good jobs in the city.This is the same mindset of people wanting to leave for abroad.
What happens when the dream does not come true? Those are the people we see living under bridge.... roaming the streets.... just existing... suffering.... while their people in the village think they are doing well. Even if they have a job.... low paying job.... they are still suffering. This is the same position of many who have travelled abroad. The same reasons why the one suffering in Lagos will not return to his village is the same reason the one abroad will not return home. Pride.
Then there is the one that leaves for abroad/Lagos..... is sucessful... doing well... has a career..... can afford to support his relatives/projects/back home/in the village. After being away for so long.... his standard of living has changed..... what were earlier seen as luxuries have become bare necessities......as in those wanting to go abroad ever so often mentioning 24 hours electricity.... and pure water running out of the tap?...24/7?... abroad must be Heaven! The one abroad dosen't have to think of such.... the man in Lagis doesn't have to think of going to the river to fetch water..... levels have changed. To the one abroad..... his levels are sooo much higher. The conditions at home do not meet his basics for him to return to live. The main barriers being.... security.... law and order... and to get anythingbdone is a hassle. Electricity and water and good roads are not up there on the list. So it's not thise abroad who can come back and help in the development don't want to..... it's just the wahala is too much.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Go Abroad And Never Come Back? by IamMe02: 11:30am On Oct 02, 2020
Oshoooo:

You guys don't know what people are passing through. You're talking this way because you have a little to feed yourself and your families. You don't know what others are passing through. Alot of guys are working so hard and not appreciated. The society is bad but you don't want to admit it. Why should someone stay in a place that doesn't appreciate his efforts. You all keep on mentioning people to come back to their country. To do what?? If elections come back now you'll all vote in corrupt leaders. Someone there is working so hard and not getting paid. Are we created to suffer??
Anyone who wants to emigrate is free to. You can feed your family in Nigeria but does that mean everyone can??
Family first before anything

3 Likes

Re: Why Go Abroad And Never Come Back? by Originalsly: 12:02pm On Oct 02, 2020
IamMe02:

If elections come back now you'll all vote in corrupt leaders.

Re: Why Go Abroad And Never Come Back? by Stephenmoka4(m): 1:15pm On Oct 02, 2020
Sometimes the nature of the work and sometimes the lifestyle (including people and networking). Not just abroad, have you try going to a place and circumstances doesn't want you going back.
A relative of mine, not that they (+ grown-up kids) don't come back and visit but, they are already adapted to that foreign society and of course working there.
Re: Why Go Abroad And Never Come Back? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 02, 2020
Op is always posting crap. Why not mind your business

1 Like

Re: Why Go Abroad And Never Come Back? by GallantDuke(m): 2:01pm On Oct 02, 2020
OP I have any assignment for you. Check and mention any country that is Nigeria's age mate and that has natural resources in abundance like we do that Nigeria is better than currently. Although I don't fancy the idea of living abroad all through my life neither do I have the intention of not returning when I travel;I was once asked by a friend of mine why I want to live abroad and I told him that I want to go over there and see for myself how the system is run and come back here and implement it here towards making a better nation.

1 Like

Re: Why Go Abroad And Never Come Back? by apatheticme(f): 3:43pm On Oct 02, 2020
Originalsly:
As someone abroad..... returning is always on the table. Those who never travelled and really not in a position to compare living abroad and living at home will almost always say if they leave... they will never return. It's like many from the village seeing the bright lights of Lagos... the fancy cars.... tall buildings .... sooo many offices and places of employment.... sold everything they owned and head for the city... prepared to work hard and soon make a good living for themselves.... build the biggest house back in the village.... and return in their latter years with Range Rover to chill out the rest of their lives. They must find good jobs in the city.This is the same mindset of people wanting to leave for abroad.
What happens when the dream does not come true? Those are the people we see living under bridge.... roaming the streets.... just existing... suffering.... while their people in the village think they are doing well. Even if they have a job.... low paying job.... they are still suffering. This is the same position of many who have travelled abroad. The same reasons why the one suffering in Lagos will not return to his village is the same reason the one abroad will not return home. Pride.
Then there is the one that leaves for abroad/Lagos..... is sucessful... doing well... has a career..... can afford to support his relatives/projects/back home/in the village. After being away for so long.... his standard of living has changed..... what were earlier seen as luxuries have become bare necessities......as in those wanting to go abroad ever so often mentioning 24 hours electricity.... and pure water running out of the tap?...24/7?... abroad must be Heaven! The one abroad dosen't have to think of such.... the man in Lagis doesn't have to think of going to the river to fetch water..... levels have changed. To the one abroad..... his levels are sooo much higher. The conditions at home do not meet his basics for him to return to live. The main barriers being.... security.... law and order... and to get anythingbdone is a hassle. Electricity and water and good roads are not up there on the list. So it's not thise abroad who can come back and help in the development don't want to..... it's just the wahala is too much.

A thousand likes for you. This is really on point!

3 Likes

Re: Why Go Abroad And Never Come Back? by jizzyjordan: 4:06pm On Oct 02, 2020
GallantDuke:
OP I have any assignment for you. Check and mention any country that is Nigeria's age mate and that has natural resources in abundance like we do that Nigeria is better than currently. Although I don't fancy the idea of living abroad all through my life neither do I have the intention of not returning when I travel;I was once asked by a friend of mine why I want to live abroad and I told him that I want to go over there and see for myself how the system is run and come back here and implement it here towards making a better nation.
grin if i hear
Re: Why Go Abroad And Never Come Back? by Cousin9999: 4:26pm On Oct 02, 2020
Some of them are coconuts.

Some of them have had so many bad experiences that they just can't do it.

Some of them truly can't spare the time or money.

Some don't really understand the value of doing that and what they can achieve.

Some have been taken advantage of by family back home.

Some have heard horror stories, and think they can't.

It's not for everyone. And you have to remember that you can't expect the world from everyone. Every person isn't built for carrying a community on their back. You also have to remember that most, even people who have never set foot in Nigeria, give to family. That alone injects so much money and opportunity into the country. Let's not be greedy or put more pressure on people to do more than they feel they can. Let's just give love and support, and uplift our people.

3 Likes

Re: Why Go Abroad And Never Come Back? by GallantDuke(m): 4:42pm On Oct 02, 2020
jizzyjordan:
grin if i hear
Wetin you wan hear?
Re: Why Go Abroad And Never Come Back? by iamkingdaniel: 6:31pm On Oct 02, 2020
Originalsly:
This is so complete. You wrote very well
Re: Why Go Abroad And Never Come Back? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 02, 2020
GallantDuke:
Not a good a reason entirely though, shey since independence you think sai people never enter there see what's up come back 9ja? You can't implement NADA bro.

1 Like

Re: Why Go Abroad And Never Come Back? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 02, 2020
Cousin9999:
Some of them are coconuts.

Some of them have had so many bad experiences that they just can't do it.

Some of them truly can't spare the time or money.

Some don't really understand the value of doing that and what they can achieve.

Some have been taken advantage of by family back home.

Some have heard horror stories, and think they can't.

It's not for everyone. And you have to remember that you can't expect the world from everyone. Every person isn't built for carrying a community on their back. You also have to remember that most, even people who have never set foot in Nigeria, give to family. That alone injects so much money and opportunity into the country. Let's not be greedy or put more pressure on people to do more than they feel they can. Let's just give love and support, and uplift our people.
Nicely said, Nigeria receives $17.5 billion diaspora remittances in 2019.

This discussion is pointless self.

2 Likes

Re: Why Go Abroad And Never Come Back? by GallantDuke(m): 7:27pm On Oct 02, 2020
AhmedEmeka:

Not a good a reason entirely though, shey since independence you think sai people never enter there see what's up come back 9ja? You can't implement NADA bro.
I don't understand your question
Re: Why Go Abroad And Never Come Back? by Mgbadike80: 9:19am On Oct 03, 2020
Told my my friend that if she returns back to Nigeria after her postgraduate studies in mathematics in the USA, I would call her a big fool. The girl didn't disappoint.

2 Likes

Re: Why Go Abroad And Never Come Back? by Maxxim: 9:45am On Oct 03, 2020
My parents left village to make it in lagos, I can count the numbers of times they've visited their hometown

(1) (Reply)

Pharmacists Abroad / Video : Road Trip Across Namibia / Travel To Turkey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.