Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu (4428 Views)

Edo Election: I Won't Challenge Obaseki’s Victory, Says Ize-Iyamu / I’m Sure Of Victory, Says Ize-iyamu / Patrick Obahiagbon Says Ize-Iyamu, Oshiomhole Unstoppable In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by Antoeni(m): 11:30am On Oct 02, 2020
INDICATIONS emerged late Thursday that the Edo State governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the September 19 governorship election in Edo state, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu would approach the courts to contest the outcome of the election that gave victory to Governor Godwin Obaseki of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

In a congratulatory message he sent to the people of the state to mark the nation’s 60th Independence anniversary, he said since after the election many people have sought to know from him his next line of action but said if the Obaseki and the PDP could institute 13 cases against him, then his approaching the courts would not be out place.

He said: “Suffice it to say that, with due sensitivity to the feelings of our people, we are busy collating our facts. Only after, can we speak and speak authoritatively, in the best tradition of rule of law, fairness to all, and due process. We will brief you all in a good time and that time is near.

The dearth of ideologies in the Nigerian political space
“In the course of our methodical approach, not a few deem to have preempted our course of action; and pleaded that we do not proceed to the courts to challenge the election results.

“While that cannot be dismissed as an entirely bad plea, what I can say is that whatever action we subsequently take would be rooted in due process and the rule of law. We will exercise every right available to us under the law, given the electoral facts at our disposal.

“Even as we speak, our people should know that PDP and their agents and privies have instituted 13 lawsuits against my running mate and I. None of them have they discontinued after the election. So, if the PDP don’t pass up their rights under the law, why should we, in APC, do so?

More in Home
Edo governorship election defeat: Ize-Iyamu heads to court
Edo governorship election defeat: Ize-Iyamu to seek redress

Easiest way to destroy democracy is to allow riggers assume office ― Atedo Peterside

Those claiming to represent North, South or East fighting for their pockets — Sanusi
Asides from salary, we receive N8.5m monthly — Rep Member
Apart from salary, we receive N8.5m monthly — Reps Member
“So, we are at liberty to pursue any legal option we deem fit, so long as the peace of Edo, our beloved homeland, is not threatened.

“So, until you hear from us, I beseech our members to remain peaceful and law-abiding. Let us enjoy the rare pleasure of our nation clocking 60.

Pastor Ize-Iyamu who gave the history of the creation Mid-West from Western Region, Bendel, and the present Edo State which he said has a common identity, rejoiced with everyone, “from the Oba of Benin, and our other revered monarchs, in the Edo traditional council, to the humblest of our people

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/10/edo-governorship-election-defeat-ize-iyamu-to-seek-redress/

1 Like

Re: Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by Amotolongbo(f): 11:33am On Oct 02, 2020
Well,

Oshiomhole stole his mandate. Go and collect it from him

16 Likes

Re: Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by ERockson: 11:33am On Oct 02, 2020
Anything can happen. If Hope that came 3rd or 4th could reclaim his 'stolen mandate' after IMO election, It is possible with the Kind of people heading the judiciary under Buhari. The chance is even 50/50 or more than 50% in favour of APC candidate

11 Likes

Re: Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by TONY042(m): 11:34am On Oct 02, 2020
Safe Journey!

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by YoonSung10: 11:35am On Oct 02, 2020
God quick go
Re: Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by Antoeni(m): 11:35am On Oct 02, 2020
APC in Court:

1. The Results Obaseki used to enter University of Ibadan.

2. Whether a Candidate can obtain Nomination Forms from 2Political Party in 1 Election Process.

3. Whether a Candidate can attend Screening Process of two Political Parties in a single Election Process.

Since the Supreme Court had ruled on similar issues in Imo, let's see whether they will upturn their decision or reaffirm it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by solmus: 11:37am On Oct 02, 2020
wink

They go show Obaseki game of chess

With the nomination of more supreme court judges by APC, Mary Odili is helpless same as kekerekun

1 Like

Re: Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by baralatie(m): 11:39am On Oct 02, 2020
some people like problem sha

8 Likes

Re: Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by chinjo(m): 11:41am On Oct 02, 2020
Eyeah. Na who dey push Ize-Iyamu like this?

5 Likes

Re: Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by chinjo(m): 11:43am On Oct 02, 2020
ERockson:
Anything can happen. If Hope that came 3rd or 4th could reclaim his 'stolen mandate' after IMO election, It is possible with the Kind of people heading the judiciary under Buhari. The chance is even 50/50 or more than 50% in favour of APC candidate
Did I just hear you say reclaim? Was he voted for by imolites in the first place? He is just a Supreme Court governor.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by Scream(m): 11:44am On Oct 02, 2020
Mumu man...what he should be claiming is his position in Kuje Prison.

7 Likes

Re: Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by Antoeni(m): 11:44am On Oct 02, 2020
He May just be on his Own
chinjo:
Eyeah. Na who dey push Ize-Iyamu like this?

1 Like

Re: Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by Antoeni(m): 11:48am On Oct 02, 2020
I Think What PDP Used Against Obaseki when he was still in APC, is What Ize Iyamu is Going to Stand on

5 Likes

Re: Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by Antoeni(m): 11:49am On Oct 02, 2020
May the Best Thing Happen in Edo State
Re: Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by ERockson: 11:52am On Oct 02, 2020
chinjo:

Did I just hear you say reclaim? Was he voted for by imolites in the first place? He is just a Supreme Court governor.
and with told you Pastor Ize Iyamu can't be another Supreme Court governor?

5 Likes

Re: Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 02, 2020
Buhari just promoted new judges to the supreme Court.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by Antoeni(m): 11:54am On Oct 02, 2020
It is Very Possible
ERockson:
and with told you Pastor Ize Iyamu can't be another Supreme Court governor?
Re: Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by Idamond: 11:55am On Oct 02, 2020
even APC send him congratulations message for a well deceive win, now u want to canter your party

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by AlabiJ: 11:56am On Oct 02, 2020
Who knows, he might get lucky and become another 'Supreme Court governor' like Diri of Bayelsa and Uzodima of Imo dem.
Re: Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 02, 2020
See them, losers. APC will lose again and again and again.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by Jimalicoco(m): 12:14pm On Oct 02, 2020
1.He has no issue to answer as it depends on the school who gave him admission to defend that...
2.He resign his membership which give him room to join another party,note that Uche Nwosu never resign his membership
3.Yes,see above

Antoeni:
APC in Court:

1. The Results Obaseki used to enter University of Ibadan.

2. Whether a Candidate can obtain Nomination Forms from 2Political Party in 1 Election Process.

3. Whether a Candidate can attend Screening Process of two Political Parties in a single Election Process.

Since the Supreme Court had ruled on similar issues in Imo, let's see whether they will upturn their decision or reaffirm it.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by Antoeni(m): 12:18pm On Oct 02, 2020
We Should Not Forget that Buhari just Promoted Some Supreme court Judges.
Hmmm Anything can Happen.
Re: Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by Antoeni(m): 12:21pm On Oct 02, 2020
Obaseki Should NOT Seat down comfortably yet
Yet
He Should sit with with one Yansh first

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by sapientia(m): 12:33pm On Oct 02, 2020
Edo people have rejected you.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by FarahAideed: 12:33pm On Oct 02, 2020
Do you know the meaning of Stolen so?

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by Antoeni(m): 12:41pm On Oct 02, 2020
Pastor Ize Iyamu Don't You Think Maybe it's time to serve God Properly and Leave Politics For Politicians

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by Johnnyessence(m): 12:43pm On Oct 02, 2020
Antoeni:
INDICATIONS emerged late Thursday that the Edo State governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the September 19 governorship election in Edo state, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu would approach the courts to contest the outcome of the election that gave victory to Governor Godwin Obaseki of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

In a congratulatory message he sent to the people of the state to mark the nation’s 60th Independence anniversary, he said since after the election many people have sought to know from him his next line of action but said if the Obaseki and the PDP could institute 13 cases against him, then his approaching the courts would not be out place.

He said: “Suffice it to say that, with due sensitivity to the feelings of our people, we are busy collating our facts. Only after, can we speak and speak authoritatively, in the best tradition of rule of law, fairness to all, and due process. We will brief you all in a good time and that time is near.

The dearth of ideologies in the Nigerian political space
“In the course of our methodical approach, not a few deem to have preempted our course of action; and pleaded that we do not proceed to the courts to challenge the election results.

“While that cannot be dismissed as an entirely bad plea, what I can say is that whatever action we subsequently take would be rooted in due process and the rule of law. We will exercise every right available to us under the law, given the electoral facts at our disposal.

“Even as we speak, our people should know that PDP and their agents and privies have instituted 13 lawsuits against my running mate and I. None of them have they discontinued after the election. So, if the PDP don’t pass up their rights under the law, why should we, in APC, do so?

More in Home
Edo governorship election defeat: Ize-Iyamu heads to court
Edo governorship election defeat: Ize-Iyamu to seek redress

Easiest way to destroy democracy is to allow riggers assume office ― Atedo Peterside

Those claiming to represent North, South or East fighting for their pockets — Sanusi
Asides from salary, we receive N8.5m monthly — Rep Member
Apart from salary, we receive N8.5m monthly — Reps Member
“So, we are at liberty to pursue any legal option we deem fit, so long as the peace of Edo, our beloved homeland, is not threatened.

“So, until you hear from us, I beseech our members to remain peaceful and law-abiding. Let us enjoy the rare pleasure of our nation clocking 60.

Pastor Ize-Iyamu who gave the history of the creation Mid-West from Western Region, Bendel, and the present Edo State which he said has a common identity, rejoiced with everyone, “from the Oba of Benin, and our other revered monarchs, in the Edo traditional council, to the humblest of our people

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/10/edo-governorship-election-defeat-ize-iyamu-to-seek-redress/
it's efforts in futility.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by baralatie(m): 12:44pm On Oct 02, 2020
Antoeni:
Pastor Ize Iyamu Don't You Think Maybe it's time to serve God Properly and Leave Politics For Politicians
Re: Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by Ojiofor: 12:48pm On Oct 02, 2020
Uzodinma the Supreme court governor of Imo state is giving this fake pastor some Hope.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by Antoeni(m): 12:48pm On Oct 02, 2020
It Might be and might Not
I don't Know , Let the APC and Court Decide that
Johnnyessence:
it's efforts in futility.
Re: Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by hegelian: 1:04pm On Oct 02, 2020
Antoeni:
Obaseki Should Seat down comfortably yet
He Should sit with with one Yansh first
in a nutshell u want the will of the people trauncated all because of political leaning?? after we all come crying how bad our leaders are....its so obvious from your tone that u want magogo as a against the peoples will..dont worry we will all continue to suffer together for the destruction of sanity on the basis of our stomach

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: I Will Go To Court To Reclaim My Stolen Mandate Says Ize Iyamu by Antoeni(m): 1:07pm On Oct 02, 2020
It was Oshiomolen that Destroyed this Man Beyond Repair
Amotolongbo:
Well,

Oshiomhole stole his mandate. Go and collect it from him

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING!!! ESN Finally Arrests 'unknown Hoodlums In Imo State..video. / Why I Have No Respect For Igbo Leaders Including The Obi Of Onitsha(pictures? / Photo: Amidst Poverty, Yahaya Bello Buys A $600,000 Bulletproof SUV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.