Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,919 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

REVEALED: Nigerian House Of Reps Members Receive N9.3m Monthly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / REVEALED: Nigerian House Of Reps Members Receive N9.3m Monthly (578 Views)

NASS Members Receive Brand New Suvs / Kwara Governor-elect, House Of Assembly Members Receive Certificate Of Return / APC Reacts To Defection Of 15 Senators, 36 House Of Reps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

REVEALED: Nigerian House Of Reps Members Receive N9.3m Monthly by iwaeda: 1:36pm On Oct 02, 2020
Karu, who represents Kaltungo/Shongom Federal Constituency in Gombe State, said the money includes their monthly salary and office running costs.

A member of the House of Representatives, Simon Karu, has revealed that each member of the House earns N9.3m monthly.

Karu, who represents Kaltungo/Shongom Federal Constituency in Gombe State, said the money includes their monthly salary and office running costs.

He made the disclosure while speaking in a panel at an event to mark Nigeria’s 60th independence anniversary.

The lawmaker, however, said most of the funds were spent on constituents’ high demands.

He said, “The official salary of a member, House of Representatives which I also receive monthly is N800, 000. The office running cost of a member of the House of Representatives is N8.5m.

“Those of you who know, know that I said exactly what it is. The problem is what the constituents demand and when you don’t meet they begin to call you names. Just before I walked to the stage, I received three emails from my constituents demanding for money and demanding for jobs, when you don’t it becomes an issue.”

However, Chairman of the House Committee on Treaties, Agreements and Protocols, Ossai Nicholas Ossai, countered Karu’s claim.

He asked the audience to disregard the information the Gombe lawmaker provided.

Ossai, who is one of the oldest members of the House said, “I have never received such salary since I came to the National Assembly and I have been in the National Assembly before him.”

http://saharareporters.com/2020/10/02/revealed-nigerian-house-reps-members-receive-n93m-monthly
Re: REVEALED: Nigerian House Of Reps Members Receive N9.3m Monthly by iwaeda: 1:48pm On Oct 02, 2020
Mynd44 was here, that is $25.925 per month. Reason they are treating us this way
Re: REVEALED: Nigerian House Of Reps Members Receive N9.3m Monthly by yuhsa: 1:52pm On Oct 02, 2020
God will help us
Re: REVEALED: Nigerian House Of Reps Members Receive N9.3m Monthly by iwaeda: 1:58pm On Oct 02, 2020
yuhsa:
God will help us
There may be other allowances
Re: REVEALED: Nigerian House Of Reps Members Receive N9.3m Monthly by colorsofrainbow: 2:05pm On Oct 02, 2020
Honestly its not much...I thought they would be earning over #100m each every month but what do I know
Re: REVEALED: Nigerian House Of Reps Members Receive N9.3m Monthly by Jafar1: 3:27pm On Oct 02, 2020
colorsofrainbow:
Honestly its not much...I thought they would be earning over #100m each every month but what do I know
So 9 Million is not much abi?

Do u think that's all they get monthly?
What about their allowances?
what about the one they receive as bribe?
what about the ones they loot from public funds?
Re: REVEALED: Nigerian House Of Reps Members Receive N9.3m Monthly by PureGoldh(m): 3:28pm On Oct 02, 2020
Dx people just dey chop akara ontop Nigerians head..... people wey even get newspaper allowance and wardrobe allowance join.... na monthly matter not even per annum
Re: REVEALED: Nigerian House Of Reps Members Receive N9.3m Monthly by sapientia(m): 3:43pm On Oct 02, 2020
Buhari even promised to reduce cost of governance.

Dude intentionally inflated it even
Re: REVEALED: Nigerian House Of Reps Members Receive N9.3m Monthly by iwaeda: 6:36pm On Oct 02, 2020
sapientia:
Buhari even promised to reduce cost of governance.

Dude intentionally inflated it even
The world is not perfect, but there is a Perfect God!
Re: REVEALED: Nigerian House Of Reps Members Receive N9.3m Monthly by iwaeda: 9:17am On Oct 03, 2020
Why will Dino not buy lambo?
Re: REVEALED: Nigerian House Of Reps Members Receive N9.3m Monthly by IamWonderful: 9:27am On Oct 03, 2020
9.3 million for just sitting down
Re: REVEALED: Nigerian House Of Reps Members Receive N9.3m Monthly by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 9:28am On Oct 03, 2020
This is not news for me
Re: REVEALED: Nigerian House Of Reps Members Receive N9.3m Monthly by Enudapan: 9:47am On Oct 03, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
Politics is the snr B0mbing career

Some people are just there to be sitting, sleeping or shouting hy nd Nil whenever the have strength
Buh at the end of the day
Nah sure cashout
Re: REVEALED: Nigerian House Of Reps Members Receive N9.3m Monthly by iwaeda: 10:34am On Oct 03, 2020
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms
Politics is the snr B0mbing career

Some people are just there to be sitting, sleeping or shouting hy nd Nil whenever the have strength
Buh at the end of the day
Nah sure cashout
Reason you have the youth defending with their lives, hoping one day it will be their turn with no idea of how to better things.

(1) (Reply)

#endsars: Address Nigerians Now To Save Lives, Senator Abaribe Tells Buhari / My Experience At The Ongoing End Sars Protest Today,narrate Your Experience. / Calabar Youth Still Protest Despite Heavy Military Presence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.