|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,755,114 members, 6,545,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 October 2021 at 07:01 AM
Peter Obi: Why Buhari Is Yet To Form His Cabinet Weeks After Swearing-in / The Big Mistake Pdp Is Making And Why Atiku Will Lost The Coming Election / Atiku Made A Very Big Mistake Picking Peter Obi As A Running Mate (2) (3) (4)
|Buhari Is Making A Big Mistake by allthingsgood: 2:57pm On Oct 02, 2020|
Since assumption of Office, President Buhari has struggled to live above board and untainted. The truth is that it has not been easy as the administration has continued to suffer one political scandal after another. However, when it comes to politics the President seems to be either naive or completely insulated from the reality of nigerian politics. The first pointer to the above was the political fiasco that was generated after Senator Saraki's double crossing political maneover that enventually resulted in his own political harakiri.
Still President buhari has continuously chosen not to interfere in political matters, thereby leaving the political arena for the bloody political gladiators. The last edo election was all but shameful for the ruling APC. Such a thing would never have occurred in any of the previous administrations. Whats worse, the party appears not interested in pursuing any judicial resolution, despite the fact that they have very good chances. Its almost as if Buhari is happy to let the entire Nigerdelta go to PDP. He has however forgotten that all this will have repercussion in 2023 for anybody who intends to run for Presidency on the platform of APC.
|Re: Buhari Is Making A Big Mistake by SLAP44: 3:03pm On Oct 02, 2020|
See them, supporters of godfathers
|Re: Buhari Is Making A Big Mistake by Kamdil: 3:04pm On Oct 02, 2020|
What chances do they have in pursuing
judicial redress? The election was free, and 95% fair. You mean that PMB made a mistake by not rigging the election?
|Re: Buhari Is Making A Big Mistake by frankyychiji(f): 3:05pm On Oct 02, 2020|
The chief wailer has spoken.
Buhari has achieved his life-long ambition to be a civilian president. He has crossed the bridge and doesn't care if it burns.
Tell Tinubu he doesn't need buhari to ask Nigerians for their votes. Though he's going nowhere.
|Re: Buhari Is Making A Big Mistake by Jones4190(m): 3:09pm On Oct 02, 2020|
PDP is a fraud.
Multiplier effect of corruption
1. A young man works for one of the state ministries. His salary is 120K. He makes 15,000 everyday on this desk (N75k a week) engaging in corrupt practices. As a result, he spends the daily cash as he cares. Living large and far above his legitimate income.
2. He visits the local joint every evening and buys drinks for friends, and area boys. They hail him. He is married, but has two girlfriends. His "income" is enough to take care of them. The Asun seller at his favorite joint is happy, the joint owner is happy.
3. Everyone was benefiting from his "income". Friends, family, area boys, joint owner, Asun seller, girlfriends, wife and his church. Life was good.
4. Then suddenly the ministry implemented the Treasury Single Account (TSA) at the beginning of PMB administration. His extra "income" disappeared and he had to adjust to the reality of event and live within his real income. That wasn't easy.
5. Initially he reduced his daily visit to the joint to 3 days a week and stopped buying drinks for everyone. He reduced the plates of Asun. The Asun seller started to find it hard to sell a full goat each day and resorted to buying half.
6. The young man's girlfriends started to feel the heat too. No more iPhone 10. The joint owner noticed a drop in sales. The young man finally stopped visiting the joint after a month. The area boys started feeling his absence. The effect cascaded down.
7. The young man started spending more time at home with his wife and kids. The family had to readjust to the reality of the new normal. His hair stylist noticed the young man suddenly stopped tipping. He will even wait for his N200 change after haircut.
8. Things are different. Times are hard, they all cry. The young man is blaming Buhari, his wife is blaming Buhari, the area boys are blaming Buhari, the girlfriends are saying Buhari must go, the joint owner is saying Buhari killed the "economy"
9. The Asun seller is cursing Buhari, the hair stylist is insisting Buhari is too old to rule. This is the story of our nation where corruption fuels the "economy". Those who are not engaging in it are benefiting from it.
10. This tread is not about Buhari's achievement or failure, but rather about the "multiplier" effect of corruption and how we have built a system largely driven by corruption. It's about policy implication (good or bad). It's about the choices we have made.
Finally, the young man had to withdraw his kids from what he called expensive primary school his kids attend. He added:"what are they teaching them there sef " Obasanjo didn't go to a private school. I just laughed .
|Re: Buhari Is Making A Big Mistake by LegendAnselm(m): 4:37pm On Oct 02, 2020|
Jones4190:copy copy uncle
|Re: Buhari Is Making A Big Mistake by HedwigesMaduro(m): 5:44pm On Oct 02, 2020|
Buhari is not making a big mistake; Buhari is THE big mistake.
Nigerian Economy Unstable, Directionless Under Buhari, Says Economic Society / Williams Uchemba Popular Nollywood Actor Set T Tie The Knot With Fulani Virgin / Umahi: More PDP Govs May Defect To APC, Says Fani-kayode
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71