Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,599 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Chevron Nigeria To Sack 25% Of Workforce - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Chevron Nigeria To Sack 25% Of Workforce (25095 Views)

Chicken Republic Reacts To Sack Of Security Guards / Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff / Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chevron Nigeria To Sack 25% Of Workforce by EMEA1(m): 12:01pm On Oct 03, 2020
Osagyefo98:
Many about to be returned Jobless.
My Condolences are already with those to be affected in the exercise.

One will begin to wonder how we have a professor as vice president but still in this deep shit.
Instead of developing policies to enhance business Environment, he occupied himself with visiting market women and sharing 8000 naira..

Chevron as well should show clemency in dealing with these issues at this particular point because many are yet to recover from covid-19 after effects.

All professors in Nigeria are only for the portfolio/recognition. They are not even Masteral in their approaches/life matters, let alone be professionals.
Re: Chevron Nigeria To Sack 25% Of Workforce by Vicboi1(m): 1:50pm On Oct 03, 2020
they have already started sacking i work at chevron escavors and most of their staff are on strike already they don't to accept and chevron dosesn't want to pay them off
Re: Chevron Nigeria To Sack 25% Of Workforce by ogbonti: 3:54pm On Oct 03, 2020
Vicboi1:
they have already started sacking i work at chevron escavors and most of their staff are on strike already they don't to accept and chevron dosesn't want to pay them off

Omo see Gobe shocked

But I blame the so called chevron workers - many of them are not proactive - How can any sane person be working for a foreign oil company in Nigeria and not diversify his life into solid investments still remain a wonder to me. If you see some of these Oil workers from Jones Creek, Benikrukru, Madangho, and Kokodiagbene communities, they spend 99% of their earnings on frivolities and owe for the next month waiting to get paid salaries again by the oil companies to they can service the huge liabilities they place on themselves. Now that sh it has hit the fan, they will realize all those people and factored tied their expense account can actually survive without them -

Lastly, the US is not oil independent due to shale oil exploration and the US shale oil will last at least 375 years and even at that the US and developed countries are moving away from crude oil by 2035 to 2040 so what do they need Chevron to be paying so much money for assets in Nigeria ? UAE and Bahrain have seen the handwriting on the wall that is why they are making peace with Israel because they want more friends than enemies to help them develop other non-oil sectors of their economy

By 2050 crude oil will be a liability to nations of the world as they will look for who to give it to for free, they wont find, and think this is Nigeria's main export dependency is a ticking time bomb waiting to explode!!!! undecided
Re: Chevron Nigeria To Sack 25% Of Workforce by Hassanmaye(m): 4:31pm On Oct 03, 2020
What is happening in Nigeria for God's sake? People loosing jobs anyhow, if they are the type that don't save any money I pity them, Nigeria is not for the weak.
My sympathy goes to them.
Re: Chevron Nigeria To Sack 25% Of Workforce by Vicboi1(m): 5:07pm On Oct 03, 2020
ogbonti:

Omo see Gobe shocked

But I blame the so called chevron workers - many of them are not proactive - How can any sane person be working for a foreign oil company in Nigeria and not diversify his life into solid investments still remain a wonder to me. If you see some of these Oil workers from Jones Creek, Benikrukru, Madangho, and Kokodiagbene communities, they spend 99% of their earnings on frivolities and owe for the next month waiting to get paid salaries again by the oil companies to they can service the huge liabilities they place on themselves. Now that sh it has hit the fan, they will realize all those people and factored tied their expense account can actually survive without them -

Lastly, the US is not oil independent due to shale oil exploration and the US shale oil will last at least 375 years and even at that the US and developed countries are moving away from crude oil by 2035 to 2040 so what do they need Chevron to be paying so much money for assets in Nigeria ? UAE and Bahrain have seen the handwriting on the wall that is why they are making peace with Israel because they want more friends than enemies to help them develop other non-oil sectors of their economy

By 2050 crude oil will be a liability to nations of the world as they will look for who to give it to for free, they wont find, and think this is Nigeria's main export dependency is a ticking time bomb waiting to explode!!!! undecided

Your right bro
Re: Chevron Nigeria To Sack 25% Of Workforce by chukzyfcbb: 7:14pm On Oct 03, 2020
the layoff will still come with huge compensation.

Moreso, the connections one has gained working for Chevron , it shouldn't be so long to get back into another job.

The most affected will be those who love very lousy lifestyle and are in debt
Re: Chevron Nigeria To Sack 25% Of Workforce by mapet: 8:46pm On Oct 03, 2020
MansoryMX:
Now I understand why a friend of mine who is a diver working for chevron is planning of traveling out. Buhari has finally finished us! The only multinational oil company we have working is about to take off. As a young man, if you have not started making plans to travel out, I don’t know what else is your aim in life.

Stop being idiotic. What has Chevron's decision to downsize got to do with Buhari? You lowlifes are bunch of brainless morons. Do you even know the severance package each of them will be paid-off ?
Re: Chevron Nigeria To Sack 25% Of Workforce by mapet: 8:48pm On Oct 03, 2020
harjay1986:

but forget oga, their going to be handsomely paid , chevron is not Nigeria company mind yu. the least person can get upto 20m for pay off

Waaaaaaay Muchhhhhhh more than that

2 Likes

Re: Chevron Nigeria To Sack 25% Of Workforce by mapet: 8:56pm On Oct 03, 2020
Wiseoldman:

Wahala dey for my Naija people. I'm guessing this is a joke. If you are serious about this, read my previous comments about sticking to facts not hear say.

MIDSTREAM: The ‘midstream’ segment of the oil and natural gas industry refers to anything required to transport and store crude oil and natural gas before they are refined and processed into fuels and key elements needed to make a very long list of products we use every day. Midstream includes pipelines and all the infrastructure needed to move these resources long distances, such as pumping stations, tank trucks, rail tank cars and transcontinental tankers.

DOWNSTREAM: The final sector of the oil and natural gas industry is known as ‘downstream.’ This includes everything involved in turning crude oil and natural gas into thousands of finished products we depend on every day...

Bros,

You definition (without reference) is wrong. Refining is Midstream

1 Like

Re: Chevron Nigeria To Sack 25% Of Workforce by windbreaker: 9:23pm On Oct 03, 2020
Quite sad...
Re: Chevron Nigeria To Sack 25% Of Workforce by Wiseoldman: 10:20pm On Oct 03, 2020
mapet:

Bros,

You definition (without reference) is wrong. Refining is Midstream

Lolz, the same time it took you to reply, you can Google it. This information is easy to reach. I have spent 5 valuable minutes to source this for you. I hope you appreciate the gesture.

1) www.investopedia.com › ... › Oil
Web results
Midstream Oil Operations Defined - Investopedia

2) en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki › Downst...
Web results
Downstream (petroleum industry) - Wikipedia

3) https://ektinteractive.com/what-is-midstream/

Some of the biggest midstream companies apart from the well known IOCs are:
1) https://www.magellanlp.com/
2) Plains All-American Pipeline (PAA)
3) ...
Re: Chevron Nigeria To Sack 25% Of Workforce by MansoryMX(m): 9:34am On Oct 04, 2020
mapet:

Stop being idiotic. What has Chevron's decision to downsize got to do with Buhari? You lowlifes are bunch of brainless morons. Do you even know the severance package each of them will be paid-off ?

Your father is the one who is idiotic. Will you keep quiet! What do you even know? Northern Nigeria are trying so hard to monopolize the oil industry by pushing away foreign companies like Chevron using increments in taxes to enable Dangote refinery become the sole operator both up and down stream refining and soon drilling and you are hear talking nonsense! Thunder fire you there if you ever quote me again! Idiot!!
Re: Chevron Nigeria To Sack 25% Of Workforce by MansoryMX(m): 9:38am On Oct 04, 2020
chukzyfcbb:
the layoff will still come with huge compensation.

Moreso, the connections one has gained working for Chevron , it shouldn't be so long to get back into another job.

The most affected will be those who love very lousy lifestyle and are in debt

It’s not about the compensation bro but losing a job. Losing a job in a country like this is a big problem than being compensated. You and I know our money has no value in this country.
Re: Chevron Nigeria To Sack 25% Of Workforce by chukzyfcbb: 2:33pm On Oct 04, 2020
MansoryMX:

It’s not about the compensation bro but losing a job. Losing a job in a country like this is a big problem than being compensated. You and I know our money has no value in this country.
Chevron on your CV is a value add I won't expect a lot of them to stay long in the job market because of the possible networking/connects they would have.

the only con is the next employer may not match the previous earnings.

Getting sacked or laid off should be at the back of every employees head at any point in time. The mentality that you can be sacked at any time will keep on your toes
Re: Chevron Nigeria To Sack 25% Of Workforce by mapet: 9:36pm On Oct 04, 2020
MansoryMX:

Your father is the one who is idiotic. Will you keep quiet! What do you even know? Northern Nigeria are trying so hard to monopolize the oil industry by pushing away foreign companies like Chevron using increments in taxes to enable Dangote refinery become the sole operator both up and down stream refining and soon drilling and you are hear talking nonsense! Thunder fire you there if you ever quote me again! Idiot!!
The problem with NL is that it is filled with bunch of empty idiots like you.... nonentities who are absolutely empty, lacking in knowledge and daft enough to think they can fool people. You do not know anything about Oil and Gas business, I doubt even if you know where Chevron is located anywhere in Nigeria.....

The underlined is just as laughable as the trash that it is. I cannot begin to imagine what level of education below secondary school certificate did you manage to attain. My only advise for you is that you stay out of discussion you have no knowledge of. Stop forming knowledge and coming out daft
Re: Chevron Nigeria To Sack 25% Of Workforce by COMPAQ(m): 2:13am On Oct 06, 2020
Samunosuke:

Refineries are midstream not downstream.

Refineries are very downstream.
Re: Chevron Nigeria To Sack 25% Of Workforce by Samunosuke(m): 7:39am On Nov 02, 2020
COMPAQ:

Refineries are very downstream.

I stand corrected. Been a while I left the industry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Does It Mean To Be A Contract Staff? / Should I Go Back To School Or Continue Working? / Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable And Solutions To The Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.