Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,426 members, 7,836,709 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

If You Have 20M For Car, What Car Will You Go For? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / If You Have 20M For Car, What Car Will You Go For? (3618 Views)

What Car Will You Suggest For A First Timer. / What Car Can My Mum Buy With 1million Naira Budget? / Production Version Of Mercedes-AMG Project ONE Concept Car Will Be Called "ONE" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Have 20M For Car, What Car Will You Go For? by Alvin007: 5:39pm On Oct 04, 2020
valarinz:

Who's interested in your maturity contest?

Please go and cash your maturity at the bank, then bring the cash and buy a clean Volvo ride. grin

Please stop quoting me anyhow sha, I no quote you cool
You just did....
Luckily for you...I’m in a good mood. I for open your page. smiley

1 Like

Re: If You Have 20M For Car, What Car Will You Go For? by valarinz: 6:09pm On Oct 04, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Lol, the XC90 always looks like a clown shoe. Such ugly cars grin

Most solid cars are ugly,...

Next?

1 Like

Re: If You Have 20M For Car, What Car Will You Go For? by cluewebhost(m): 8:26pm On Oct 04, 2020
Born2conquer:

Yes, but not in Nigeria

Yea, till maybe 10 years from now when there's enough "tokunboh" for us to buy.

We never catch trends till the rest of the world has moved on cry .

1 Like

Re: If You Have 20M For Car, What Car Will You Go For? by cluewebhost(m): 8:33pm On Oct 04, 2020
Born2conquer:
1)Landcruiser
2)Hilux revolution
3) 4Runner Trd pro
4) Tacoma
5) Lexus Gx 460,470,570
6) Gwagon
7) Range Rover

And why?

I'd pick the Mercedes though, I dislike Toyota's so 5 out of the list crossed out and I don't feel range rovers are built as well as the G.
Re: If You Have 20M For Car, What Car Will You Go For? by Readonee35L(m): 10:01pm On Oct 04, 2020
Born2conquer:

Your Environment road must be Good
I use the same accord in Lagos
Re: If You Have 20M For Car, What Car Will You Go For? by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:13pm On Oct 04, 2020
Readonee35L:
I use the same accord in Lagos

Do giveaway, boss.
Re: If You Have 20M For Car, What Car Will You Go For? by Hauptmann: 7:37am On Oct 05, 2020
valarinz:
grin grin

Over a year ago, it was same ridiculous attitude here on NL, I mention Volvo and the bandwagon arrives, badmouth, insults, all manners of negativity, then it seemed I was the only one selling Volvo....

Fast forward now, lol, everyone wants to buy an XC90, it's now flooded the streets of Lagos and is fast spreading all over the country. All car dealers now rush XC90 like a starved lion, I'm not even important anymore when it comes to Volvo sales, they've taken over. It's no longer the same Volvo that every misinformed fellow insulted Valarinz over here on Nairaland.

Na so e go still be, see as they dey masturbate on copart now everytime an XC90 turns up. I'm saying 2020 XC90 now and they're throwing tantrums like toddlers who just lost their ice cream

Lol this post makes me laugh

Why?

Because this guy knows the reasons for the seemingly increasing demand, and it has absolutely nothing to do with Volvos being better or more reliable

First, that increasing demand applies ONLY to the 2004 - 2009 XC90. Simple reason is cost, those XC90s are much cheaper than the alternatives from Japan, South Korea, America or Europe

Cheaper only to buy the vehicle o, because the cost of parts and labour are similar to other Japanese vehicles

That's all. Of course naija man go like find wetin cost less

But to show you how pointless this pained rant of yours is, if you count 10 Volvos on the streets of Lagos, only 1 go pass 2010 model, or even none, because at that point the cost becomes similar to other Japanese alternatives, and those same people wey rush the cheap XC90 go sharply buy Lexus or Toyota or Acura or Ford or Hyundai or Mercedes

Volvo no go even smell the list

You dey call 2020 XC90 make we kneel down dey worship am, lol

At the price point of that 2020 XC90, NOBODY go buy that Volvo abi Geely, you go see Lexus Or Benz 1000 times before Volvo go even smell the list

Even all those people wey dey claim Volvo for life, swedish tank, this one, that one, make them see 4m to buy car, lol suddenly you go see them for Lexus WhatsApp group.

Volvo indeed

Güten morgen!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Have 20M For Car, What Car Will You Go For? by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:44am On Oct 05, 2020
Imagine using 20m to buy a Volvo.

You go see big men for Lagos dey drive 2020 RX350, 2020 Highlander, 2020 LandCruiser, 2020 G Wagon. But a 2020 Volvo?

When no be jazz.

2004 Highlander na still 2.5m.
2004 XC90 fit be 1.7m. That explains the "demand".

2 Likes

Re: If You Have 20M For Car, What Car Will You Go For? by valarinz: 7:54am On Oct 05, 2020
Hauptmann:

Why?

Because this guy knows the reasons for the seemingly increasing demand, and it has absolutely nothing to do with Volvos being better or more reliable

First, that increasing demand applies ONLY to the 2004 - 2009 XC90. Simple reason is cost, those XC90s are much cheaper than the alternatives from Japan, South Korea, America or Europe

Cheaper only to buy the vehicle o, because the cost of parts and labour are similar to other Japanese vehicles

But to show you how pointless this pained rant of yours is, if you count 10 Volvos on the streets of Lagos, only 1 go pass 2010 model, or even none, because at that point the cost becomes similar to other Japanese alternatives, and those same people wey rush the cheap XC90 go sharply buy Lexus or Toyota or Acura or Ford or Hyundai or Mercedes

At the price point of that 2020 XC90, NOBODY go buy that Volvo abi Geely, you go see Lexus Or Benz 1000 times before Volvo go even smell the list

Even all those people wey dey claim Volvo for life, swedish tank, this one, that one, make them see 4m to buy car, lol suddenly you go see them for Lexus WhatsApp group.

Volvo indeed

Güten morgen!

It's Monday, go and look for work Sir. Bye

Re: If You Have 20M For Car, What Car Will You Go For? by DAVE5(m): 8:12am On Oct 06, 2020
Volvo sha

I don’t think I would touch one with a stick

Back to the original topic

With 20m the cars on my bucket list would be either or any 2 if the following

Porsche macan
c63 (any year that 20m would buy)
ISF (any year that 20m would buy)
2015 is350

I’m not an SUV guy with exception to macan but I hate g wagons, hate Volvos more though

1 Like

Re: If You Have 20M For Car, What Car Will You Go For? by thebigkendo(m): 9:45am On Oct 06, 2020
Hauptmann:

Why?

Volvo indeed

Güten morgen!

HeavenlyBang:
Imagine using 20m to buy a Volvo.

You go see big men for Lagos dey drive 2020 RX350, 2020 Highlander, 2020 LandCruiser, 2020 G Wagon. But a 2020 Volvo?

When no be jazz.

2004 Highlander na still 2.5m.
2004 XC90 fit be 1.7m. That explains the "demand".
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Have 20M For Car, What Car Will You Go For? by valarinz: 6:43am On Oct 07, 2020
thebigkendo:

grin grin grin

The thing enter no be small cry

Re: If You Have 20M For Car, What Car Will You Go For? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 07, 2020
Hauptmann:

Re: If You Have 20M For Car, What Car Will You Go For? by dasanchez1(m): 3:02pm On Oct 07, 2020
ThreeEyedRaven:

Lol.. Honestly I totally respect where you come from but however, on the internet, we try to appreciate our diversity and reduce stereotyping people as we're not sure of their backgrounds, cultures, etc smiley
you earned a fan

1 Like

Re: If You Have 20M For Car, What Car Will You Go For? by Acidosis(m): 3:39pm On Oct 07, 2020
I'm a realist. Where is the N20m?

3 Likes

Re: If You Have 20M For Car, What Car Will You Go For? by ThreeEyedRaven: 5:49pm On Oct 07, 2020
dasanchez1:
you earned a fan
I feel flattered smiley

Thank you
Re: If You Have 20M For Car, What Car Will You Go For? by Gerrard59(m): 6:13pm On Oct 07, 2020
Acidosis:

I'm a realist. Where is the N20m?

grin. I guess for discussion purposes. I don't if I'm alone but I don't like the Lexus SUV (whatever model), it looks ugly to me. I've seen recent models which I wished the owner should have bought As for the G Wagon, that one is worwor personified. A great fan of sedans.

In summary, a Porsche Macan or BMW X7 (maybe third hand). grin. But damn, I'm far away from being able to spend 50K dollars on a car. Na small small sha. embarassed
Re: If You Have 20M For Car, What Car Will You Go For? by dasanchez1(m): 10:10am On Oct 08, 2020
ThreeEyedRaven:

I feel flattered smiley

Thank you

1 Like

Re: If You Have 20M For Car, What Car Will You Go For? by Bombiday(m): 11:08am On Oct 08, 2020
Ebuka78:

The joint is gonna embarrass you on the road. That's their major problem. The joint connecting to the tire.

You don't even know about cars

The joint on a 2020 Honda Accord Honda don suffer. And you imply you know cars.
Re: If You Have 20M For Car, What Car Will You Go For? by Mokelu: 1:01am On Oct 11, 2020
Ebuka78:

The joint is gonna embarrass you on the road. That's their major problem. The joint connecting to the tire.

You don't even know about cars

2020 Honda dey pull leg?? And you dey shade person say he no know car.... na wa o
Re: If You Have 20M For Car, What Car Will You Go For? by Born2conquer: 1:57pm On Nov 21, 2020
Settled for Hilux revolution 2020
Re: If You Have 20M For Car, What Car Will You Go For? by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:07pm On Nov 21, 2020
Werey. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If You Own Any Of These Cars , Then You Are Rich / For Sale: Very Neat 2006 Toyota Corolla Sport For N1.95m. / 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.