Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,424 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

7 Terms Every Industrial Automation Engineer Must Know (part 2) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 7 Terms Every Industrial Automation Engineer Must Know (part 2) (276 Views)

The Basic Commands A Software Engineer Must Know About Docker / 7 Terms Every Industrial Automation Engineer Must Know (part 1) / Free Technical Seminar On Industrial Automation And Plant Maintenance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Terms Every Industrial Automation Engineer Must Know (part 2) by showlight123: 11:14pm On Oct 02, 2020
In my previous post, I stated the 7 terms (i.e. Field devices, PLC, VFD, HMI, SCADA, DCS and Fieldbus) and shed light on field devices (sensors and actustors). I will briefly discuss on PLC in this post to fulfil my promise.

Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) can be described as an industrial computer designed to automate industrial processes.
PLCs are the brain behind almost all modern industrial automation.

The 3 basic parts of a PLC include:
1. Input module
2. CPU module
3. Output module

Sensors connects to the input module of the PLC, actuators connects to the output module of the PLC while the CPU makes decisions (based on the program written into it) and turn on or off the actuators (motor, valves etc.) connected to the output module.

The basic skills you need to acquire as regard PLC is the wiring of sensors and actuators (field devices) to the PLC, programming the PLC and troubleshooting a PLC based control system.

Watch out for part 3 of this post where I will be discussing briefly on VFD.

New batch of our hands-on/practical training on PLC for industrial automation will commence on Saturday (10th of October 2020). Visit https://www.showlight.com.ng/training.html to download course details. WhatsApp: +2348029266470

(1) (Reply)

Buildyourdreamhome / UAE, China’s Spacecraft Arrives On Mars After 6 Months Of Launch / Nlanders What's The Name Of This Snake?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.