Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,949 members, 7,952,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:29 AM

I Used To Be A Plumber, Says Sanwo-olu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Used To Be A Plumber, Says Sanwo-olu (302 Views)

Osun 2022: Adeleke's Campaign Team Says Sanwo-Olu Will End Up Like Oyetola / Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos / Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Used To Be A Plumber, Says Sanwo-olu by Minjim: 1:40am On Oct 03, 2020
The Governor of Lagos State, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Wednesday said he worked as a plumber about 30 years ago.

He made the revelation during the graduation of 6,252 students of the 18 skill acquisition centres in the state.

Sanwo-Olu advised youths and women to engage in vocational skills and become employers of labour rather than depending solely on government and private organisations for job opportunities.

He also urged the graduands to use the skills they had acquired to create platforms for themselves to be employers of labour.

The governor, while assuring the graduating students of support, urged them to do all they could to make learning a life-long venture, by constantly seeking ways to improve their skills and grow their businesses.

The students were trained in 15 different skills, including hairdressing and cosmetology, catering and hotel management, computer training, barbing, textile design, hat making and bead stringing, shoe making/leather works, fashion design and dress making.

The state Commissioner for Women Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, Cecilia Dada, said the graduands would receive the Lagos State Technical and Vocational Education Board certificates which could grant them transition into any of the state technical colleges for further training.

I used to be a plumber, says Sanwo-Olu https://punchng.com/i-used-to-be-a-plumber-says-sanwo-olu/
Re: I Used To Be A Plumber, Says Sanwo-olu by helinues: 6:15am On Oct 03, 2020
30 years as a plumber in Nigeria and now a governor..

We may need Penn and Teller to come and clarify some things for us
Re: I Used To Be A Plumber, Says Sanwo-olu by aribisala0(m): 6:26am On Oct 03, 2020
That explains the pointing
Re: I Used To Be A Plumber, Says Sanwo-olu by enchy: 7:11am On Oct 03, 2020
Re: I Used To Be A Plumber, Says Sanwo-olu by Karlovich: 7:49am On Oct 03, 2020
Sanwo-Ole

(1) (Reply)

Ondo: ‘family Government’ Allegations; See Shocking Akeredolu Reaction / “nigerian Education Graduates, Students To Get Automatic Employment And Stipends / Endsars Is Not The End To Our Torment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.