Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,345 members, 7,811,995 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos (22319 Views)

2023: Amaechi Visits Emir Of Daura With Ali Ndume / Amaechi Visits Kaduna Governor, El-Rufai (Photos) / Reactions As Amaechi And Abike Dabiri Clash At APC Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by Lanrelagboi: 8:18pm On Apr 28, 2022

Babajide Sanwo-Olu, governor of Lagos, has informed Rotimi Ameachi, a presidential hopeful, that the ambition of Bola Tinubu is the “rallying point” of the state.

The governor spoke on Thursday in Marina, Lagos, where he received the minister of transportation.

Amaechi and Tinubu, a former governor of Lagos, are presidential hopefuls on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Sanwo-Olu, who wished the minister well in his presidential ambition, noted that he’s eminently qualified for the top job.

The Lagos governor, however, said he is a “direct beneficiary” of Tinubu’s leadership, and as such, the state will support him to become Nigeria’s next president.

“I have sheer regard and respect for our leader, Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu. I have been a direct beneficiary of his leadership. I have been part of his cabinet,” he said.

“Personally I continue to tow that line of leadership and what he stands for.

“I want to say to you that you’re eminently qualified and I want to wish you well in this journey. Clearly, for all of us in Lagos state, Asiwaju continues to be our rallying point, but the country is our country and we must continue to see it as the one that is indivisible and the one that we all rally round.

“I certainly know too well what your pedigree is and what you have done.”

Responding, Ameachi said it took a lot of courage to visit Lagos because he recognises Tinubu’s influence in the state.

“It is a difficult thing to even come here because we already know that our leader comes from Lagos state. And you come from that family of our leader,” he said.

“We know that our leader is eminently qualified to rule this country. He has led Lagos state.”

On April 9, Amaechi declared his intention to run for the office of president, describing his decision as a “moral duty to give what I can in the service of my country”.

Months prior, Bola Tinubu, an APC chieftain, had announced his “life-long” ambition to lead the country.

https://equitymedia.com.ng/2022/04/28/2023-tinubu-remains-our-rallying-point-says-sanwo-olu-as-amaechi-visits-lagos/

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by PrinceOfLagos: 8:20pm On Apr 28, 2022
I will say the same thing to secure my seat as governor if I were Sanwo Olu even though I didn't mean it

176 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 28, 2022
BAT. Boluwa Agbaye Tife. BAT. cool

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by dawnomike(m): 8:30pm On Apr 28, 2022
Sanwo Olu replied wisely

130 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by yyba: 8:31pm On Apr 28, 2022
Even AMEACHI the lion of the south south and south east admits TINUBU is their leader.

90 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by Islandlady(f): 8:31pm On Apr 28, 2022
Won loyal pa grin... definitely sanwo olu can never denied or betray his benefactor

I mean on a saner level Tinubu has helped and install a lot of success politicians as a good and competent leader who will be forever grateful to him and would not think twice before supporting his presidential ambition

Sanwo olu you just earn my respect for this wise response
Note: I will not reply any stupid mention, I said what I said... cheers grin

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by SheikhMuniru(m): 8:36pm On Apr 28, 2022
All because of his second term ambition

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by Sonyboom765: 8:46pm On Apr 28, 2022
Is this not beta than Ikpeazu gifting your mothers N500 for each birth just so he can appoint a successor.

SheikhMuniru:

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by ojun50(m): 8:50pm On Apr 28, 2022
We don't expect you so say other wise

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by LegendHero(m): 8:51pm On Apr 28, 2022
In Lagos, they don't do bojuboju politics, it is a state with confident politicians.

Even APC chairman used a infinity logo face mask to welcome Amaechi.

Amaechi himself even mentioned that it was a hard decision for him to come to Lagos to canvass for delegates.

334 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by adekolaelect(m): 8:51pm On Apr 28, 2022
Sonyboom765:
Is this not beta than Ikpeazu gifting your mothers N500 for each birth just so he can appoint a successor.

Haaaaaa you get bad mouth.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by adebayo987: 8:56pm On Apr 28, 2022
Of course, every body dey find him belle... Nobody cares about anyone anymore. Hunger has forced everyone to be greedy. Imagine the reason this governor publicly pronouced as his reason for supporting Tinubu. Honestly, it's very sad. I'm not blinded by stupid sentiments. I'll vote Amaechi or Osinbajo because these people can at least understand status quo. Tinubu is still thinking that present Nigeria is like past Nigeria. Even Buhari thought so when he said he'd equalize naira with dollar but the complete reverse is the case.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by Indispensable85(m): 8:58pm On Apr 28, 2022
Islandlady:
Won loyal pa grin... definitely sanwo olu can never denied or betray his benefactor

I mean on a saner level Tinubu has helped and install a lot of success politicians as a good and competent leader who will be forever grateful to him and would not think twice before supporting his presidential ambition

Sanwo olu you just earn my respect for this wise response
Note: I will not reply any stupid mention, I said what I said... cheers grin

Hahahahahahahaha..... your last sentence got me laughing.

11 Likes

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by Indispensable85(m): 9:04pm On Apr 28, 2022
First I commend Amaechi for his courage to even visit at all. The coward VP avoided Lagos and Osun. I'm beginning to rate Amaechi above Osinbajo. Leaders must be courageous at all times. This is one quality the president of Nigeria from 2023 will need because lots of tough decisions are required to set Nigeria on the part of greatness. The VP obviously lacks it.

Tinubu is a leader of leaders. His mentees are everywhere. No bitterness can change that FACT.

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by Islandlady(f): 9:17pm On Apr 28, 2022
Indispensable85:

Hahahahahahahaha..... your last sentence got me laughing.
Lol Abi some werey will start wailing and insulting at my post for supporting Tinubu

12 Likes

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by Gozac: 9:18pm On Apr 28, 2022
yyba:
Even AMEACHI the lion of the south south and south east admits TINUBU is their leader.

That was sycophancy, Amaechi knows that the true leader of the party is PMB. He just said that to appeal to the emotions of SW delegates that chant national leader, our leader upandan. Amaechi, wise one

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by naija4life247: 9:20pm On Apr 28, 2022
yyba:

He said that directly, not indirectly. Even Tinubu's opponent knows that he is the godfather of all godfathers

322 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by naija4life247: 9:22pm On Apr 28, 2022
Gozac:

That was sycoohancy, Amaechi knows that true leader of the party is PMB. He just said to appeal to the emotions of SW delegates that chant national leader, our leader upandan. Amaechi, wise one

PMB is leader of nobody. Even his local government chairman will not rely on such an idiot.

336 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by Gozac: 9:22pm On Apr 28, 2022
Indispensable85:
First I commend Amaechi for his courage to even visit at all. The coward VP avoided Lagos and Osun. I'm beginning to rate Amaechi above Osinbajo. Leaders must be courageous at all times. This is one quality the president of Nigeria from 2023 will need because lots of tough decisions are required to set Nigeria on the part of greatness. The VP obviously lacks it.

Tinubu is a leader of leaders. [b]His mentees are everywhere. [/b]No bitterness can change that FACT.
Better put his cronies are everywhere. Tinubu so much believes in imposition that's why kept foisting his men on Lagos while keep praising him that he has made many people. Anyway they are getting their daily bread from this sycophancy

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by TheNiceGuy(m): 9:22pm On Apr 28, 2022
Case closed

"Responding, Ameachi said it took a lot of courage to visit Lagos because he recognises Tinubu’s influence in the state.

“It is a difficult thing to even come here because we already know that our leader comes from Lagos state. And you come from that family of our leader,” he said.

“We know that our leader is eminently qualified to rule this country. He has led Lagos state.”

318 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by Gozac: 9:23pm On Apr 28, 2022
Indispensable85:

Tinubu is a leader of leaders. [b]His mentees are everywhere. [/b]No bitterness can change that FACT.
Better out his cronies are everywhere. Tinubu so much believes in imposition that's why he kept foisting his men on Lagos while his followers keep praising him that he has made many people. Anyway they are getting their daily bread from this sycoohancy
Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by aremuforlife(m): 9:23pm On Apr 28, 2022
SheikhMuniru:
What would you have done, if you are in his shoe?

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 28, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
I will say the same thing to secure my seat as governor if I were Sanwo Olu even though I didn't mean it

Just like Ameachi in the bolded grin

Lanrelagboi:
Flash�:2023: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos

Babajide Sanwo-Olu, governor of Lagos, has informed Rotimi Ameachi, a presidential hopeful, that the ambition of Bola Tinubu is the “rallying point” of the state.

The governor spoke on Thursday in Marina, Lagos, where he received the minister of transportation.

Amaechi and Tinubu, a former governor of Lagos, are presidential hopefuls on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Sanwo-Olu, who wished the minister well in his presidential ambition, noted that he’s eminently qualified for the top job.

The Lagos governor, however, said he is a “direct beneficiary” of Tinubu’s leadership, and as such, the state will support him to become Nigeria’s next president.

“I have sheer regard and respect for our leader, Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu. I have been a direct beneficiary of his leadership. I have been part of his cabinet,” he said.

“Personally I continue to tow that line of leadership and what he stands for.

“I want to say to you that you’re eminently qualified and I want to wish you well in this journey. Clearly, for all of us in Lagos state, Asiwaju continues to be our rallying point, but the country is our country and we must continue to see it as the one that is indivisible and the one that we all rally round.

“I certainly know too well what your pedigree is and what you have done.”

Responding, Ameachi said it took a lot of courage to visit Lagos because he recognises Tinubu’s influence in the state.

On April 9, Amaechi declared his intention to run for the office of president, describing his decision as a “moral duty to give what I can in the service of my country”.

Months prior, Bola Tinubu, an APC chieftain, had announced his “life-long” ambition to lead the country.

12 Likes

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by Indispensable85(m): 9:25pm On Apr 28, 2022
Islandlady:
Lol Abi some werey will start wailing and insulting at my post for supporting Tinubu

To be honest with you, I sometimes sympathize with them. It's not an easy job to hate a man you just can't stop. They cry here on a daily basis. It's not an easy job at all. Lol....

I had like 40 mentions from them last week for a post I made here. Hahahahahahahaha......they cried for two days on my mention. Lol

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by TheNiceGuy(m): 9:26pm On Apr 28, 2022
Emboldened. You're still finding excuse for Ameachi's statement?
Are they In thesame category for him not to have recognized Tinubu as his leader?
Gozac:
That was sycoohancy, Amaechi knows that true leader of the party is PMB. He just said to appeal to the emotions of SW delegates that chant national leader, our leader upandan. Amaechi, wise one
Gozac:
Amaey was a governor just like Tinubu in addition he was a speaker and he was also the chairman of both speakers and governors forum during his time. Tinubu on the other hand was a senator for a little above a year. Amaechi as a minister performed marvellously well. Tinubu on the other hand had a legacy of imposing his loyalists and cronies in traditional, political and market sectors of Lagos. Amaechi has a good track record in terms of performance, while cronies if Tinubu are promoting his aspiration because they have gained from benevolence, not that he did very well for Lagosians or Nigerians. His aspiration must certainly fail
Incoherent rant.
What is the question, what's your response!

Were they Governor same time?
Was Tinubu senator of third or fourth republic?
How many Leaders has Amaechi raised?
Those should be point of argument

310 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by Gozac: 9:27pm On Apr 28, 2022
adebayo987:
Of course, every body dey find him belle... Nobody cares about anyone anymore. Hunger has forced everyone to be greedy. Imagine the reason this governor publicly pronouced as his reason for supporting Tinubu. Honestly, it's very sad. I'm not blinded by stupid sentiments. I'll vote Amaechi or Osinbajo because these people can at least understand status quo. Tinubu is still thinking that present Nigeria is like past Nigeria. Even Buhari thought so when he said he'd equalize naira with dollar but the
complete reverse is the case.
My brother don't be surprised everybody be it in politics, religion, academics, public or private service is out to either make a living or a fortune in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by Islandlady(f): 9:30pm On Apr 28, 2022
Indispensable85:

To be honest with you, I sometimes sympathize with them. It's not an easy job to hate a man you just can't stop. They cry here on a daily basis. It's not an easy job at all. Lol....

I had like 40 mentions from them last week for a post I made here. Hahahahahahahaha......they cried for two days on my mention. Lol
True grin grin they are dying silently because of the unnecessary hatred they harbour in their hearts

Especially one Princeoflagos, he will soon jump into the lagoon

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by Indispensable85(m): 9:32pm On Apr 28, 2022
Gozac:
Better out his cronies are everywhere. Tinubu so much believes in imposition that's why he kept foisting his men on Lagos while his followers keep praising him that he has made many people. Anyway they are getting their daily bread from this sycoohancy

Tinubu is beyond Lagos politics. He's a collosus that should be studied by student of politics.

I posted something from Abdulrazak namdas here today. That's a rep member from Adamawa. Go and read what he said. Tinubu is a benefactor and trusted ally to so many politicians across Nigeria for decades.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by Indispensable85(m): 9:37pm On Apr 28, 2022
Islandlady:
True grin grin they are dying silently because of the unnecessary hatred they harbour in their hearts

Hahahahahahahaha......you know them.
PrinceofLagos and truthisunique2. I pray they don't have cardiac arrest after the primary. I've told them repeatedly here, nobody can come close to Tinubu in the APC presidential primary. He has paid his dues. He has been building this for decades.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by PrinceOfLagos: 9:39pm On Apr 28, 2022
Islandlady:

I don't hate Tinubu, I just feel he's corrupt and won't make a good president

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by osinbanjoisaliar: 9:39pm On Apr 28, 2022
Dem go retire you and your oga next year. Naija big boys cabal just dey look orna two dey laff

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by Gozac: 9:43pm On Apr 28, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Emboldened. You're still finding excuse for Ameachi's statement?

Are they In thesame category not to have recognized him as his leader?
Amaey was a governor just like Tinubu in addition he was a speaker and he was also the chairman of both speakers and governors forum during his time
Tinubu on the other hand was a senator for a little above a year
Amaechi as a minister performed marvellously well
Tinubu on the other hand had a legacy of imposing his loyalists and cronies in traditional, political and market sectors of Lagos.
Amaechi has a good track record in terms of performance, while cronies if Tinubu are promoting his aspiration because they have gained from benevolence, not that he did very well for Lagosians or Nigerians
His aspiration must certainly fail

2 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Another Chibok Girl Rescued With Baby (Photo) / All APC Governors Absent As Buhari Chairs Inaugural Meeting Of Campaign Council / Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.