Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime (3655 Views)

What Are Two Things You Can Never Eat For Breakfast? Unilorin Student Answers / Just Boil 3 Ingredients & Drink This Before Bedtime And Loss Weight Overnight / Foods To Never Eat ON First Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime by ghettokid1(m): 11:48am On Oct 03, 2020
Hunger before bedtime is common esp. when you are used to staying up late. The craving to eat something before going to bed makes a person consume anything that is available. Bedtime hunger is not wrong, but there certainly are foods that shouldn't be consumed before going to sleep as they can create health issues.
Avoid these 8 foods before going to bed.
1. Dairy fat:
Having calorie rich cheese or butter for dinner or even before bedtime ensures that your digestive system is going to have a hard time at the night, thus disrupting your sleep.
2. Caffeine: Caffeine from the coffee doesn't let you sleep. It is used to kick our sleepiness so it should never be consumed before bedtime.
3. Spiced/Oily foods:
Spices cause flatulence and oils lead to indigestion, ensuring incomplete and disturbed sleep.
4. Red meat: Dinner should always be the lightest meal of the day. If you make your digestive system work heavily overnight, it’s difficult for you to get sound sleep! Red meat being a very heavy, must be avoided to ensure a good night’s sleep.
5. Beans:
Beans before bed simply fastens the process of flatulence! Avoid it to have a trouble free night.
6. Sugars: Sugars give you instant energy. That’s exactly what you don’t need before a good night’s sleep so avoid it before bedtime.
7. Aerated drinks:
These drinks have acidic content with a lot of sugar and caffeine. Drinking them can destroy you sleep for the whole night so keeping it for the day is wiser!
8. Alcohol: Alcohol makes you drowsy and in a way bogs you down. But that’s really not the kind of sleep you’d like to have. Avoid alcohol to invite the perfect sleep!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime by Tohsynetita1: 12:48pm On Oct 03, 2020
The best thing to consume as dinner is fruits

2 Likes

Re: 8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime by Calabar1stSon: 3:34pm On Oct 03, 2020
My brother leave grammar! I chop most of the listed foods and still sleep very well at night!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime by MickzyDonald: 4:21pm On Oct 03, 2020
Tohsynetita1:
ok agreed,
when last did you take it

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime by Mastakija(m): 4:24pm On Oct 03, 2020
alcohol is not a foodundecided

2 Likes

Re: 8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime by Tonymegabush1(m): 5:25pm On Oct 03, 2020
When you have only one choice of a food at night you must eat am...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime by Austinosconst: 5:52pm On Oct 03, 2020
Story story story...

2 Likes

Re: 8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime by youngking22(m): 6:28pm On Oct 03, 2020
forget story, even today na by 11:pm food go done chop am by midnight. wake up my 7 eat another round.

1 Like

Re: 8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime by chybuzky(m): 6:38pm On Oct 03, 2020
You should have added jellof rice

I remember after eating jellof rice before going to bad when you wake up in the morning your face will be swollen like say person punch you for dream

2 Likes

Re: 8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime by jericco1(m): 6:56pm On Oct 03, 2020
Yeah.
I'm working towards that angle
Re: 8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime by benedictuyi(m): 9:17pm On Oct 03, 2020
ghettokid1:
Hunger before bedtime is common esp. when you are used to staying up late. The craving to eat something before going to bed makes a person consume anything that is available. Bedtime hunger is not wrong, but there certainly are foods that shouldn't be consumed before going to sleep as they can create health issues.
OP what foods do you recommend cos I'm currently struggling with late night eating
Re: 8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime by migeoart(f): 9:57pm On Oct 03, 2020
Tohsynetita1:

Nice one ���if you dnt mind you can
Subscribe for:
>Weekly or monthly supply of fruit basket

>Weekly or monthly supply of Fruit or Vegetable salad

We sell everything Fresh, Chemical free and Organic
No extra addictives or sugar
We live Green,We eat clean

Home or office delivery
Delivery charge 700naira
Lagos only

To subscribe call or whatsapp 0708724436 or 08065784139
Re: 8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime by BestMan001: 9:58pm On Oct 03, 2020
Nice tips
Re: 8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime by Izabel(f): 10:20pm On Oct 03, 2020
Tonymegabush1:
True talk, beggars can't be choosers
Re: 8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime by IdreamOfUnicorn(f): 10:24pm On Oct 03, 2020
Calabar1stSon:
My brother leave grammar! I chop most of the listed foods and still sleep very well at night!
I too know, he didn't say you won't sleep well at night, he just said there certainly are foods that shouldn't be consumed before going to sleep as they can create health issues in the long run

1 Like

Re: 8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime by Beverlyjean(f): 11:05pm On Oct 03, 2020
Beef suya with red wine is fantastic
Re: 8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime by ClassicMan202(m): 11:10pm On Oct 03, 2020
Na better porridge beans I chop just now self... No be who get plenty choices dey choose
Re: 8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime by Tohsynetita1: 11:55pm On Oct 03, 2020
MickzyDonald:
ok agreed, when last did you take it
that's what I take daily,
Re: 8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime by ednut1(m): 12:04am On Oct 04, 2020
All this one no follow
Re: 8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime by Tohsynetita1: 12:13am On Oct 04, 2020
Tonymegabush1:
It's not about choice sometimes but about priority, some of the food we take at dinner are expensive than fruits. Take for instance, during the season of mangoes, I do eat like (10-15) at night and it's just like #150 at most, and if I will eat rice of 1.5 cups at night, that's #150, with the stew, that's should cost like #150, making #300,and health wise, taking starch food at night is not good if you will sleep immediately, or you aren't a type that does strenuous job that require you to sweat and burn the fats. That's why farmer that eat pounded yam at night doesn't really have protruding belly,because all the fats will be used in farm,also why sport professionalist doesn't really have much fat because their job mostly is to run up and down. Have been eaten fruits as dinner, since like 4 years ago,but I do consume it in large quantity if I want to eat it. I don't like eating fruit that won't fill my belly,so I consume much of it anytime am eating one.
Re: 8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime by senjutsu(m): 12:39am On Oct 04, 2020
Phew! Ope o! Fufu no dey dia grin
Re: 8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime by Jyde89: 1:20am On Oct 04, 2020
my brother for this season na im pesin still de select. u better eat and thank God for whatever comes your way.
Re: 8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime by Holob7574: 2:38am On Oct 04, 2020
Are you still struggling on making  funds to pay bills? are you looking for Passive Income or a way on how to Invest your Funds without Stories?

This management platform that provides a wide range of financial services.which includes interests across foreign exchange,crypto(BTC , ETH) trading, transportation...We believe in the creation of multiple income streams for sustainable wealth.

Join today and start making extra money daily on your secured Dashboard,if Interested visit the website

WEBSITE
W W W. H E R O S P H E R E. C L U B
Re: 8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime by Kemimarch16(f): 5:11am On Oct 04, 2020
I'm guilty of this
Re: 8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime by Dollarship(m): 5:19am On Oct 04, 2020
This is for foreign countries not my 9ja next angry
Re: 8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime by BigBizzy(m): 6:04am On Oct 04, 2020
Just commot beans and alcohol from that list.
Re: 8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime by MickzyDonald: 8:35am On Oct 04, 2020
Tohsynetita1:
that's what I take daily,

Re: 8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime by ElValiente(m): 9:52am On Oct 04, 2020
ghettokid1:
Thank God no swallow. My doctor ehn grin grin. If no be swallow no be food.
Re: 8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime by sissoko89: 11:01am On Oct 04, 2020
Tonymegabush1:
tell dem diz is 9ja,anytin goes
Re: 8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime by Tonymegabush1(m): 11:26am On Oct 04, 2020
Tohsynetita1:
It's not about choice sometimes but about priority, some of the food we take at dinner are expensive than fruits. Take for instance, during the season of mangoes, I do eat like (10-15) at night and it's just like #150 at most, and if I will eat rice of 1.5 cups at night, that's #150, with the stew, that's should cost like #150, making #300,and health wise, taking starch food at night is not good if you will sleep immediately, or you aren't a type that does strenuous job that require you to sweat and burn the fats. That's why farmer that eat pounded yam at night doesn't really have protruding belly,because all the fats will be used in farm,also why sport professionalist doesn't really have much fat because their job mostly is to run up and down. Have been eaten fruits as dinner, since like 4 years ago,but I do consume it in large quantity if I want to eat it. I don't like eating fruit that won't fill my belly,so I consume much of it anytime am eating one.

I understand where you are coming. I eat fruits too but no matter how many I consume it I will stil look for cook meal.

Happy Sunday
Re: 8 Foods To Never Eat Before Bedtime by christejames(m): 11:31am On Oct 04, 2020
Thank God say garri no dey inside

(1) (2) (Reply)

Postgraduate Study In Malaysia. Any Info? / 2014/2015 Unizik Post Utme Form is Out!!!!!!! / Whatsapp Group For ABU Zaria Aspirants 2016/2017 Post UTME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.