Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,175 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Mo-hit's Rising Star, K-switch, Says He Has Been Truly Blessed By Being A Member - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mo-hit's Rising Star, K-switch, Says He Has Been Truly Blessed By Being A Member (3302 Views)

Throw Back Pictures Of Mo Hit Record / Exclusive Photos: K-switch's Baby Mama Storms His Lekki Home, Security Refuses T / Limpopo Star, K Cee, Got Embarrassed In The Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mo-hit's Rising Star, K-switch, Says He Has Been Truly Blessed By Being A Member by Revealedtv(m): 11:51am On Mar 03, 2011
Mohit's, K Switch, being the only member in the Mohits squad without a hit single details his plan for his music career in this interview with the Revealed Channel:

http://www.therevealedchannel.com/Archives/March/kswitch-interview.html#int

Let’s start with the name K-Switch. How did you come up with that?

K is from the first letter of my name which is Kehinde [and] Switch is the fact that I couldn’t come up with a name quickly. I was always switching [names]…I was first Simon Templar and then I kept on switching until I decided to end stick with Switch. Now, it is about [my style] which is always ‘Constantly- Switching’ cause as you may know K is the mathematical symbol for constant.

You used to be a rapper back in the day, why did you change genre?

I think my whole music business is just finding itself and being the journey that it is, I just keep trying loads of stuff. So I am just changing style cause they say it is cool. People will get to hear more styles from me.

What would you call your kind of music?

Good Style, no genre. I won’t say I do reggae music or dancehall like Timaya or Rap like M.I…I don’t want to be classified because [when it comes to winning awards], I would like to win in every category of music.

You have been out of the scene mostly because of school. In most of the videos done by the crew, you have mostly absent. How has that affected you musically?

Musically, I haven’t started so it doesn’t affect me much. [Music] is not my number one priority, school is. I am done with school now and I still want to go to film school [so] the journey is still ongoing. Free music, music is just fun but I thank God for the platform I am on [because] now I can do this and have fun with it. God don bless me men… [Laughs].

How much has been a member of the Mo-hits helped you musically?

Very much. Belonging to Mo-Hits has helped me know that I can do better cause we’ve got loads of talented artist in the same record company…so it is just a reminder to me that I have to be bad when I finally come out. It keeps me working, it keeps me thinking and it keeps me on my toes.

Who inspired you the most in the group?

They have got different roles they play.

Can you list them specifically?

Don Jazzy has got charisma, attitude and a sense of action. He’s so talented. We live with him and still we don’t even know how he does what he does. D’Banj is my brother and he is doing good. With him, I am just amazed like, so all this can all happen?! Wande is teaching me how to sing now. I go for lessons every Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays…nah, I am just joking about that [Laughs]. Dr Sid is teaching me how to wine now [[laughs]]. With Prince, we just jonze together. That lets me know that you can make something serious out of something very funny.

Almost everyone in the squad is out with an album. How much pressure is on you to get an album out?

Like I said, musically I haven’t started and I don’t ever think about it cause I know that it will come out at the right time [and] who ever will like it will like it…Some folks will be like, ‘it’s because you are D’Banj’s brother that is why you are into music.’ My response to that is, why can’t you do what your own brother or sister is doing [laughs]? There is no pressure on me at all.

What are your parent’s reactions to all of this, seeing that their two children are into music?

They are happy. Now I have got my degree [plus] the music is making money. It is only mad folks who won’t be proud of their kids making money.

Are you presently working on an album?

Now, no. I am working on my mix-tape which will probably never come out [but] I am just working on it. I don’t think people understand the whole concept of mixtape and album just yet in Nigeria. One of my tracks leak on the internet and that caused a big fuss in my label because the song was tagged as my single whereas it is not my single. Musically though I have not started.

Knowing that your brother D’Banj came from being nothing to being on a track with Snoop. How do you think that helps to inspire you and others?

Personally, I had the opportunity to hang with Snoop Dogg and it was an eye opener for me cause I was able to see what music was like on the Yankee side of things. For most artists down here in Nigeria who hope to win a Grammy, they way they approach music is very different from folks that we have dealt with.

What is the single hardest thing you have had to go through so far?

School! I hate school. [And] it was just messing with me cause I would have been out making money and having fun. And just like you said, I wasn’t in the videos the crew was making cause of exams.

How much of an experience did you garner from the Mo-Hits C.V album?

With the C.V album, I was having fun. I didn’t take it serious [because] it was all fun for me. We were chilling in Abuja then cause we had this all-Mo-Hits weekend. So we were all just messing around and there was a studio present so we did it. They [Mo-Hits] thought it was nice. And then with ‘Over the moon’ and ‘Who born the maga’, I just did it so that while I am in school, people can still listen to my voice.

When you are on stage performing and the crowd is reciting the verses after you, how does that make you feel?

When people sing along, I get carried away. It feels like they are the ones performing and I am watching. It is very inspirational. It helps me know what part of my songs people like and how to come out with other verses so that they can recite it again [because] if the crowd doesn’t recite your song, you will feel bad…very bad! [END]

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for daily news update!

Re: Mo-hit's Rising Star, K-switch, Says He Has Been Truly Blessed By Being A Member by johnjoel(m): 1:39pm On Mar 03, 2011
i'm waitin what ever time he drop his abum

(1) (Reply)

Afrocandy’s Sex Partner In Movie Threatens Her To Remove Video From Internet / Majek Fashek Fixes Bad Set Of Teeth At Dental Hospital (photos) / Happy Birthday To This Legend.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.