Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,784 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye (68738 Views)

PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne. / Ibezito Ogbonna's Home In Israel Hit By Hamas Rocket Fired From Gaza / Manchester City Sign Camron Gbadebo, Nigerian Defender From Leicester City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by ashybabs(m): 3:03pm On Oct 03, 2020
Meet 'Ogbonna Okemiri' a Professional Nigerian defender who plays competitive football on several levels despite having only One Functioning Eye.

Okemmiri Ogbonnaya is a Defender that plays in the left-back position. He was born on the 13th of June in the year 1986. Despite an eye defect, the former Kwara United left-back, is one of the most accomplished players in the domestic league. He is also a 2 time CAF Champions League winner, and plays for the 'Sand Eagles' at a National Level.

It is quite overwhelming that someone with a severe physical disability such as his, can soar to play competitive football and still be able to give stellar performances consistently.

Okemmiri Ogbonnaya who has proved himself across several sport platforms, has several silverware to his name both for his club side, in the Nigerian premier league and on a national level playing representing the 'Sand Eagles' in proffessional beach soccer.

No doubt this is no small feat even for regular footballers without any form of disability, Okemmiri Ogbonnaya deserves all the accolades that he can get!

https://www.flormedia.com/2020/10/03/meet-ogbonna-the-professional-nigerian-footballer-who-plays-with-one-eye-photos/

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by Goldencheese(m): 3:05pm On Oct 03, 2020
Wow. This is great. Just shows that whatever life throws at us, we can turn it around as steppingstones to our mountaintop.

I wish him greater successes in the days ahead.

177 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by Enudapan: 3:14pm On Oct 03, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so sophisticated

Ogbonna they main odogwu

31 Likes

Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 03, 2020
Arrrrrrrh

If you are destiny to make history my brother, nothing can alter it, when God is your source.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by Kestolove(m): 3:23pm On Oct 03, 2020
E don use d eyes but am not surprise considering his tribe.

5 Likes

Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by ghettowriter(m): 3:29pm On Oct 03, 2020
Wetin some two eyed people never achieve o.

Kudos to him.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by Madibah(m): 3:45pm On Oct 03, 2020
Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by reuben81: 4:16pm On Oct 03, 2020
yeah,I know the guy I attend the same secondary with him,and play street game,but the picture am seeing there is not him,please don't give people fake information

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by chinwezdasilva: 4:18pm On Oct 03, 2020
Used to be abia warriors skipo, I enjoy his agility while watching from. The Colombia stand grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by wearsandtrends1: 4:18pm On Oct 03, 2020
Plays Beach soccer. Jus wow
Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by wearsandtrends1: 4:24pm On Oct 03, 2020
reuben81:
yeah,I know the guy I attend the same secondary with him,and play street game,but the picture am seeing there is not him,please don't give people fake information
do you have a photos please

2 Likes

Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by reuben81: 4:37pm On Oct 03, 2020
wearsandtrends1:
do you have a photos please
I can get it on my Facebook

4 Likes

Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by wearsandtrends1: 4:59pm On Oct 03, 2020
reuben81:
I can get it on my Facebook
if you can post them that would be Nice

2 Likes

Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 03, 2020
Of course, who doesn't know Okemiri?

His best years were with Enyimba United though.

He was part of what is unarguably, in my opinion, the greatest Enyimba squad of all time. Those guys made me start following the Nigerian league in those years and that is why I remain an Enyimba supporter till date.

I will never forget the heroics and never-say-die spirit of Vincent Enyeama, Joetex Frimpong, Muri Ogunbiyi(a Beninese), Okemiri, Coach Ikhana, Obinna Nwaneri, Goalkeeper Aiyenugba(Pk shootout expert), Captain Romanus Orjinta, Ezeji Victor, Ajibade Omolade, Tyavkase etc etc.

Golden squad. Legends. Two CAF champions league back-to-back. 2003 and 2004- both wins against North African oppositions in the form of Al Ismaili Sakandry and Etoile.

But the most memorable has to be that grueling final against Ismaili. That game was intense! My dad was on the edge of his seat all through 90'+ of it.

Great memories smiley

89 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by wearsandtrends1: 7:05pm On Oct 03, 2020
mansakhalifa:

He was part of what is unarguably, in my opinion, the greatest Enyimba squad of all time. Those guys made me start following the Nigerian league in those years and that is why I remain an Enyimba supporter till date.

I will never forget the heroics and never-say-die spirit of Vincent Enyeama, Joetex Frimpong, Muri Ogunbiyi(a Beninese), Okemiri, Coach Ikhana, Obinna Nwaneri, Goalkeeper Aiyenugba(Pk shootout expert), Captain Romanus Orjinta, Ezeji Victor, Ajibade Omolade, Tyavkase etc etc.

Golden squad. Legends. Two CAF champions league back-to-back. 2003 and 2004- both wins against North African oppositions in the form of Al Ismaili Sakandry and Etoile.

But the most memorable has to be that grueling final against Ismaili. That game was intense! My dad was on the edge of his seat all through 90'+ of it.

Great memories smiley

Hmmm.
U no b small pesin o
Pls can u ep wit pics

6 Likes

Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by Kwamecron(m): 7:23pm On Oct 03, 2020
Thanks not his pix, this is emaka and his two eyes are well working.okem

4 Likes

Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by DaddyRochie1642: 7:36pm On Oct 03, 2020
I keep saying it,

Nigerians are the true Fearless Warriors Of Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by ashybabs(m): 7:46pm On Oct 03, 2020
Kwamecron:
Thanks not his pix, this is emaka and his two eyes are well working.okem

thanks for this
Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by Dizzyrascal(m): 9:01pm On Oct 03, 2020
reuben81:
it might be another Ogbonaya okemiri grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by Dizzyrascal(m): 9:13pm On Oct 03, 2020
mansakhalifa:

Great memories smiley

that Eyimba team was the only time anybody thought to put together the proper enabling environment for a Nigerian team to succeed on the continent. It's a shame we could not build momentum after that. Kudos to Orji Uzor Kalu!!

All that is needed to build a successful team is always an enabling environment. Proper stadium, proper support or should I say fan base, proper renumeration, proper quality of players and results will ultimately follow

By the way, the names you mentioned brought so much nostalgia to my mind. How did you manage to remember so many names from that winning team? Pls, I would honestly like to know, thanks.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by PresidentJosh20(m): 9:15pm On Oct 03, 2020
Wow!Such a strong guy is rare.Let nothing dissuade you that your among mortals is at the summit of life's mount.

1 Like

Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by LOVELYSKINZNEW(f): 10:12pm On Oct 03, 2020
Wow a great man

1 Like

Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by micfoley: 10:23pm On Oct 03, 2020
This guy still dey play ball?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by KosiGee(m): 2:29am On Oct 04, 2020
reuben81:

That was definitely Ogbonna Okemiri. If you claim to know him so well and couldn’t recognise him from that photo then you don’t know him.

10 Likes

Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by Kemimarch16(f): 5:26am On Oct 04, 2020
Strong man
Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by paulolee(m): 8:02am On Oct 04, 2020
such a determined guy
Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:33am On Oct 04, 2020
reuben81:

Definitely you don't know him even with his on the Jersey.

3 Likes

Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by wearsandtrends1: 3:31pm On Oct 04, 2020
REALLY
micfoley:
This guy still dey play ball?
Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by BF69BF: 1:52pm On Oct 05, 2020
Fake news. Fake pictures. Fake Op. Fake Mods. undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Katia Aveiro, Ronaldo's Sister Blasts Van Dijk Over Jibe On CR7 / Russian Women Under Fire Over Romance (flirting) With Foreign Fans / Paul Pogba Flew His London Barber To Russia To Cut His Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.