Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,359 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye (68735 Views)

PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne. / Ibezito Ogbonna's Home In Israel Hit By Hamas Rocket Fired From Gaza / Manchester City Sign Camron Gbadebo, Nigerian Defender From Leicester City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 05, 2020
he previously played for Enyimba nah
Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by Chuzoetoh(m): 10:24pm On Oct 05, 2020
reuben81:
my brother let me tell u a little bit of the family the elder brother play football fellowed by okbgthen sky due am leaving in abuja I don't know where he live now but back then they are leaving close to township primary school,we played the same dollar football in township primary school where I did my primary school,we are child lhood friend when I buried my father last two years the younger brother was there just to tell u how close we are
OK, but Ogboo grew up in Aba main town.

1 Like

Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by Mryacks: 11:44pm On Oct 05, 2020
mansakhalifa:
Of course, who doesn't know Okemiri?

His best years were with Enyimba United though.

He was part of what is unarguably, in my opinion, the greatest Enyimba squad of all time. Those guys made me start following the Nigerian league in those years and that is why I remain an Enyimba supporter till date.

I will never forget the heroics and never-say-die spirit of Vincent Enyeama, Joetex Frimpong, Muri Ogunbiyi(a Beninese), Okemiri, Coach Ikhana, Obinna Nwaneri, Goalkeeper Aiyenugba(Pk shootout expert), Captain Romanus Orjinta, Ezeji Victor, Ajibade Omolade, Tyavkase etc etc.

Golden squad. Legends. Two CAF champions league back-to-back. 2003 and 2004- both wins against North African oppositions in the form of Al Ismaili Sakandry and Etoile.

But the most memorable has to be that grueling final against Ismaili. That game was intense! My dad was on the edge of his seat all through 90'+ of it.

Great memories smiley

Well said. Such a fantastic squad and golden era for Enyinba. I watched that 2nd champions league win at the Abuja stadium that year. I also met Okemiri one time in Abj when he was injured and had to be training with one local team to regain fitness. He was so strong and bigger than appeared on tv grin
Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by Bbbwings: 8:57am On Oct 06, 2020
mansakhalifa:

But where is Anumunu these days??

Does he still play?

Many of those guys just disappeared. But I can still place a few of them. The likes of 'kachi Okonkwo, Frimpong, Ogunbiyi, Gks Aiyenugba and Enyeama.

I will never forget that squad.
Na to always shout eyimba eyi that time and I never watch any of thier match then o
Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by ninodaniel(m): 2:20pm On Oct 06, 2020
mansakhalifa:

Yeah.

That's true. Heard a couple of things went wrong with his health and his career too.

Wouldn't want to state them here. But it sure wasn't palatable. And that was how a history-maker went away unheralded.
That's really very bad
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye by SeanBeezy(m): 11:25pm On Oct 06, 2020
chinwezdasilva:
Used to be abia warriors skipo, I enjoy his agility while watching from. The Colombia stand grin
Enyimba rather

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Katia Aveiro, Ronaldo's Sister Blasts Van Dijk Over Jibe On CR7 / Russian Women Under Fire Over Romance (flirting) With Foreign Fans / Paul Pogba Flew His London Barber To Russia To Cut His Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.