Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

THE LONG WAIT - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE LONG WAIT (7939 Views)

The Long Night By Chibuzo Emelogu / THE LONG ROAD–A Novel [magical Realism] / The Long Summer - A Tale Of Forbidden Love (fictionseries Based On Uni Students) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE LONG WAIT by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 21, 2020
Thankfully ,she has been fed. Thank for the update

1 Like

Re: THE LONG WAIT by Missyajoke(f): 9:24pm On Oct 22, 2020
More update

1 Like

Re: THE LONG WAIT by shesawesome(f): 12:21pm On Oct 23, 2020
following
Re: THE LONG WAIT by Taniaa(f): 6:06pm On Oct 24, 2020
Tag me next time

1 Like

Re: THE LONG WAIT by enirock(m): 2:23am On Oct 25, 2020
PrudySara:
All this trouble for one person and in one day
.. I really feel for Kemi!

Well done OP

Khriztarl, Emex100, enirock, Oremeyii, Ann2012..... come and join me
It is good to be here. Thanks for the mention.

1 Like

Re: THE LONG WAIT by enirock(m): 2:46am On Oct 25, 2020
Somehow a lot of graduates have gone through Kemi's plight, some are going through it ,and if our collective voice be neglected, many more will still go through it. Thanks Tymami for putting in our hearts why our struggle is important, and thanks for this piece.

1 Like

Re: THE LONG WAIT by centmanuel(m): 6:06pm On Oct 25, 2020
Many graduates like Kemi have given up because the system is frustrating.
Thank God for someone like Sandra in her life

Thanks for the update. Beautiful piece unfolding. I will be following up bumper to bumper.

1 Like

Re: THE LONG WAIT by Missyajoke(f): 6:28pm On Oct 25, 2020
Sorry to say this if you're not consistent with your story you'll start losing audience.
Re: THE LONG WAIT by PrudySara(f): 7:50pm On Oct 25, 2020
you're welcome
enirock:
It is good to be here. Thanks for the mention.

1 Like

Re: THE LONG WAIT by YTmami(f): 8:51pm On Oct 25, 2020
Chapter 10
Kemi's laughter resonated round the shop.
She was feeling much better already. Another word to describe her is resilient.
She was a hard nut to crack.
"Let's talk about what happened to you today and why you looked desolated" Sandra said on a more serious note
"I've just been really struggling these past couple of years...the allowance I saved from youth service was used in renting an apartment for myself so I don't remain with parents as a graduate. I had high hopes and expectations, felt I was going to get a job pronto, but it's been chaotic. Currently penniless, can't renew rent , jobless and in despair" Kemi explained, while staring into space. It felt good to say it all out, like a partial weight had been lifted off her shoulders.
"I'm sorry to hear that, I can't relate because I'm not a graduate, but I know how tough the job sector can be. My aunt struggled for years to get a job and guess what? She never did get one. Life you rightly said, life had other plans and she decided to sit back, relax and watch life work its magic on her.
Many years later she's fulfilled and happy. Ask me how" Sandra said
"How.....?" Kemi asked
"She stopped trying to get a job and rather used the time in learning a skill, now she's gainfully self employed and has also employed others to work with her, thereby creating job opportunities. In her own little way she has contributed to the labour market" Sandra paused
"I think you should consider that. We all have different paths in life" Sandra added
Kemi thought of Sandra's advice, she has never considered acquiring a skill because she felt she didn't need it with her certificate.
A white collar job was what she has always wanted all her life. To earn salary monthly.
She has always had passion for fashion, but had never considered going into designing or styling
"You have a point" Kemi replied
"Think about it and get back to me. Meanwhile I can help you with your cashless problem so you can get some food stuffs and also have some change left with you to move about,
I just got paid yesterday so like I said earlier, you're in luck" Sandra beamed
Kemi was flabbergasted, she was short of words to thank Sandra, she couldn't thank her enough, but she didn't want to be a bother either, she would find a way to pay her back as soon as she could.
"You don't have to pay me back, I'm glad to be of help" Sandra grinned like she had heard her thoughts .
"You're always cheerful and happy, like your life is worry-free" Kemi pointed out
Sandra laughed at the idea of that.
Her life was definitely far from perfect.
She has got issues of her own.
"My life is not worry-free, but worrying has never solved anything has it?" Sandra quickly glanced at her wrist watch and continued "You just have to live life one day at a time. You think I enjoy being a sales girl here? No but for now I have to till I'm able to save up enough for school, which is really soon. By next year I'd be sitting for JAMB and be on my way to the university, it's never too late to apply and being optimistic is my strong suit"
Sandra said brightly and Kemi was amazed at her wisdom and perception. She had really underestimated and undermined her, being a sales girl. She was glad Sandra is friends with her.
Her positivity and optimism is something Kemi needed in her life.
"Don't just stare at me, let's make a transfer to your bank account so you can go withdraw and get the foodstuffs" Sandra reached for her phone
"You've done more than enough for me today and-" Kemi started, but was cut short
"Don't dare reject my offer" Sandra nudged
"You're really a good friend and whenever you need me too I'll be there" Kemi promised
"No qualms, number please"
Kemi called out her bank details to her
"Done, now go" Kemi reached to hug her
"If you're feeling stronger you could come around tomorrow" Sandra continued
Kemi was ecstatic and thanked Sandra appropriately.
On her way home she thought of everything Sandra had said about acquiring a skill and her positive outlook towards life.
Kemi admired that quality in her.
Sandra was right. Worrying solves nothing, but every little step towards change makes a difference.
She stopped at an ATM to make the withdrawal and bought a few foodstuffs.
When she was home she called her mom and they had a lengthy conversation about kemi's advice to learn a skill.
Her mom was supportive of the idea and gave her blessing. She encouraged her to come home soon and start the acquisition.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: THE LONG WAIT by YTmami(f): 8:53pm On Oct 25, 2020
centmanuel:
Many graduates like Kemi have given up because the system is frustrating.
Thank God for someone like Sandra in her life

Thanks for the update. Beautiful piece unfolding. I will be following up bumper to bumper.
Thanks loads

1 Like

Re: THE LONG WAIT by YTmami(f): 8:53pm On Oct 25, 2020
enirock:
Somehow a lot of graduates have gone through Kemi's plight, some are going through it ,and if our collective voice be neglected, many more will still go through it. Thanks Tymami for putting in our hearts why our struggle is important, and thanks for this piece.
Thanks tons
Re: THE LONG WAIT by YTmami(f): 8:54pm On Oct 25, 2020
Taniaa:
Tag me next time
Tagged smiley

1 Like

Re: THE LONG WAIT by YTmami(f): 8:55pm On Oct 25, 2020
Missyajoke:
Sorry to say this if you're not consistent with your story you'll start losing audience.
Sorry,took a break cause of the protest

2 Likes

Re: THE LONG WAIT by YTmami(f): 8:56pm On Oct 25, 2020
Humbleness:
Thankfully ,she has been fed. Thank for the update
Thanks and welcome
Re: THE LONG WAIT by Ann2012(f): 9:02pm On Oct 25, 2020
Sandra is a good friend

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: THE LONG WAIT by YTmami(f): 9:14pm On Oct 25, 2020
Ann2012:
Sandra is a good friend
Thanks for the update
smiley Welcome

1 Like

Re: THE LONG WAIT by Missyajoke(f): 9:19pm On Oct 25, 2020
YTmami:
Sorry,took a break cause of the protest

Okay, you're good at what you do, don't let anything stop you from doing what you love be it protest except you're busy with something . I love your story please finish it.

I love the story grin grin grin grin grin.
Re: THE LONG WAIT by PrudySara(f): 10:26pm On Oct 25, 2020
Friends like Sandra are rare!.. Thanks for the update OP!

1 Like

Re: THE LONG WAIT by shesawesome(f): 10:33am On Oct 26, 2020
Thanks for update

1 Like

Re: THE LONG WAIT by enirock(m): 4:31pm On Oct 26, 2020
The Sandra's of this world are constantly becoming rare as black diamonds. In a world where we all are engrossed in personal gains, we forget to pick up/help those friends and neighbours/strangers, and they suffer. How much we must learn and relearn- giving makes you(giver) happy(as far as the giving comes unconditionally). Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: THE LONG WAIT by syluck(m): 9:08pm On Oct 26, 2020
This is an interesting piece. Thanks for this

1 Like

Re: THE LONG WAIT by YTmami(f): 9:31pm On Oct 26, 2020
Missyajoke:

Okay, you're good at what you do, don't let anything stop you from doing what you love be it protest except you're busy with something . I love your story please finish it.

I love the story grin grin grin grin grin.
I'll keep that in mind thank you, it's appreciated cheesy

1 Like

Re: THE LONG WAIT by YTmami(f): 9:33pm On Oct 26, 2020
syluck:
This is an interesting piece. Thanks for this
Thanks and happy birthday to you, long life and prosperity ��cheesy

2 Likes

Re: THE LONG WAIT by YTmami(f): 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2020
enirock:
The Sandra's of this world are constantly becoming rare as black diamonds. In a world where we all are engrossed in personal gains, we forget to pick up/help those friends and neighbours/strangers, and they suffer. How much we must learn and relearn- giving makes you(giver) happy(as far as the giving comes unconditionally). Thanks for the update.
You couldn't have said it any better. Thanks Eni smiley

1 Like

Re: THE LONG WAIT by YTmami(f): 9:39pm On Oct 26, 2020
PrudySara:
Friends like Sandra are rare!..
Thanks for the update OP!
shesawesome:
Thanks for update
Thanks for being here cheesy

2 Likes

Re: THE LONG WAIT by syluck(m): 10:05pm On Oct 26, 2020
YTmami:
Thanks and happy birthday to you, long life and prosperity ��cheesy
cool cool grin
Re: THE LONG WAIT by enirock(m): 10:06pm On Oct 26, 2020
YTmami:
embarassed
YTmami:
Re: THE LONG WAIT by enirock(m): 10:10pm On Oct 26, 2020
syluck:
cool cool grin
May love be always rewarding, hope always enduring, and faith always be strengthened. May this new year bring to fulfillment Gods plan for you. Happy birthday. I never knew today was your day, hope you had a blast?

1 Like

Re: THE LONG WAIT by QueenBeeHive(f): 10:10pm On Oct 26, 2020
Ride on
Re: THE LONG WAIT by syluck(m): 6:02am On Oct 27, 2020
enirock:
May love be always rewarding, hope always enduring, and faith always be strengthened. May this new year bring to fulfillment Gods plan for you. Happy birthday. I never knew today was your day, hope you had a blast?
I did. Thanks bro, I appreciate

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2 Nigerians Shortlisted For Commonwealth Book Prize 2013! / S?X Village, An Erotic Fiction / [story] The Perfect Couple (adults Only)…part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.