Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,468 members, 7,812,431 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

I Will Stop Going To Church. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Will Stop Going To Church. (364 Views)

Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? / Why Did You Stop Going To Church / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Stop Going To Church. by adekunledouglas(m): 2:28am On Oct 04, 2020
"I will stop going to church."!!
Re: I Will Stop Going To Church. by Nobody: 2:51am On Oct 04, 2020
And then
Re: I Will Stop Going To Church. by Kobojunkie: 2:52am On Oct 04, 2020
adekunledouglas:
Please do! Save your money, energy and time from attending what is nothing but meaninglessness in the end.

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop Going To Church. by Nobody: 3:09am On Oct 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Please do! Save your money, energy and time from attending what is nothing but meaninglessness in the end.
There is Power in the Life, Death and Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, though it is visible. Even that god/diety/herbalist you serve is powerful, now much powerful can the supreme ruler GOD ALMIGHTY be? The Creator of all creators and founders and creatures. Great is thy Faithfulness. POWER FROM ABOVE.
Re: I Will Stop Going To Church. by Kobojunkie: 3:17am On Oct 04, 2020
csn01:
There is Power in the Life, Death and Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, though it is visible. Even that god/diety/herbalist you serve is powerful, now much powerful can the supreme ruler GOD ALMIGHTY be? The Creator of all creators and founders and creatures. Great is thy Faithfulness. POWER FROM ABOVE.
I have no clue what you are rambling on about. The power in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ belongs only to those who believe in Him and obey Him. Unfortunately, your churches are simply monuments to the glory of the men who run them and have nothing to do with Jesus Christ and His word.

This is even more evident in the fact that the majority of those who attend them have no real idea who Jesus Christ is and what awaits those of you who claim to believe in Him but refuse to obey His commandments.
It is better to die an unbeliever - since those who do not believe have no eternal life, there is no life after death for them. However, for those who believe in Jesus Christ, and have eternal life as a result, yet refuse to obey the very commandments of Jesus Christ, for such people, Hell is waiting on the other side for eternity!

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop Going To Church. by Nobody: 3:21am On Oct 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I have no clue what you are rambling on about. The power in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ belongs only to those who believe in Him and obey Him. Unfortunately, your churches are simply monuments to the glory of the men who run them and have nothing to do with Jesus Christ and His word.
However, for those who believe in Jesus Christ, and have eternal life as a result, yet refuse to obey the very commandments of Jesus Christ, for such people, Hell is waiting on the other side for eternity!
Well said. But I do not go to church because of my Priests, nor Church Members, I go to church because of God Alone deserves my Adoration. Our Priests and Pastors are now in to church leadership because of money, yes, is true, but what are in particular there for? Don't look at men in the Church, look up to God. When you stop going to church because of your pastor and church members, you will see the Light in your Life. Don't go to church because of men but God
Re: I Will Stop Going To Church. by Kobojunkie: 3:25am On Oct 04, 2020
csn01:
Well said. But I do not go to church because of my Priests, not Church Members, I go to church because of God Alone deserves my Adoration. When you stop going to church because of your pastor and church members, you will see the Light in your Life. Don't go to church because of men but God
That there is a lie because NOWHERE IN SCRIPTURE did God tell you to attend Church services anywhere, and He certainly did not tell anyone to build Him a house on earth.

Jesus Christ never said, "Believe in me and be called Sons of God, so that other men can take my place and Teach you in my stead.". No, He warned against people who will claim to come in His name only to steal, Kill, and destroy, pretending they do so in His name.
So, in fact, Jesus Christ was clear when He told His followers that He alone would be only Teacher for His flock, so pray tell, why do you go listening to others pretend to Teach you that which Jesus Christ never instructed them to, even if they pretend to do so in His name?
Re: I Will Stop Going To Church. by petra1(m): 3:57am On Oct 04, 2020
adekunledouglas:

Whats your reason?

Hebrews 10:25
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Jam 1:22 — Jam 1:23
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

Hebrews 3:15
if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop Going To Church. by tobechi74: 4:23am On Oct 04, 2020
The one u were going before no concern nairaland
Re: I Will Stop Going To Church. by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 04, 2020
adekunledouglas:

Reasons Please. Lets share and learn
Re: I Will Stop Going To Church. by orunto27: 7:16am On Oct 04, 2020
Stop going to Church? No problem. Your BODY is a TEMPLE of God. Don't stop appreciating for that purpose.
Re: I Will Stop Going To Church. by helinues: 7:19am On Oct 04, 2020
See except if you want to fake it, going to church every Sunday in Nigeria is not possible...

If not going to church is what will give you a rest of mind, so be it.

All the best
Re: I Will Stop Going To Church. by Kobojunkie: 7:27am On Oct 04, 2020
orunto27:
Stop going to Church? No problem. Your BODY is a TEMPLE of God. Don't stop appreciating for that purpose.
Hmm? Your body is the temple of God? I believe that only applies for those who have proved themselves worthy of being followers of Jesus Christ, and not just for anyone who claims a belief in Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ explained severally to those who believed in Him what they needed to do in order to become worthy of being His followers, and only those who become His followers will He, Jesus Christ, and His Father, make their home in. According to Jesus Christ, you must first abide in Him, and only then will He abide in you(your body become the temple of God).

Almost all of Paul's letters were written, not to those who simply believed, but to those who were already followers of Jesus Christ (those who have shown themselves worthy of becoming followers of Jesus Christ, according to Jesus Christ's stipulations that is).

So it is false to assume the body of all those who claim to believe in Jesus Christ immediately become temples of sorts for God. God is the one who, after putting each through His tests, determines whose body is worthy and whose is not.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You / Shiloh 2020 : Turnaround Encounters Dec 8-13th / Nigerian Prophet Who Saw The Death Of Diego Maradona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.