Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

God Will Never Be Angry With You! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Will Never Be Angry With You! (767 Views)

Even Atheist Know There Is God They Are Just Angry With Him / Mildred Okonkwo: You Can't Be Angry At Pastors Flying Jets / COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Will Never Be Angry With You! by Thattallgirl(f): 2:00pm On Oct 04, 2020
For this is like the waters of Noah to Me; for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah would no longer cover the earth, so have I sworn that I would not be angry with you, nor rebuke you. For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, but My kindness shall not depart from you, nor shall My covenant of peace be removed,” says the Lord, who has mercy on you.
Isaiah 54:9–10

A warning is issued in 1 Peter 5:8—“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.” I know that a lion roars to intimidate and to bring fear, but I used to wonder what kind of fear the devil tries to instill in the believer. We must let the Bible interpret the Bible. We can’t base our interpretations on our denominational backgrounds or our experiences.

One day, I was reading Proverbs 19 when I came across verse 12: “The king’s wrath is like the roaring of a lion, but his favor is like dew on the grass.” Who is the king that this verse refers to? It is our Lord Jesus! So when the devil goes about like a roaring lion, he is trying to impersonate the King. He is trying to make you feel as if God is angry with you. Every time you hear preaching that leaves you with a sense that God is angry with you, guess what? You have just been roared at! But know this, beloved: God will NEVER be angry with you ever again. He only has to tell us this, but He wanted us to be so sure that He swore in His Word that He would never be angry with us again.

Today’s verses are from Isaiah 54, which is right after the famous messianic chapter of the sufferings of Christ in Isaiah 53. Therefore, Isaiah 54 is spelling out the triumphs and spoils of His sufferings.

Do you know why God will never be angry with us again? It is because of what Christ has accomplished for us! On the cross, God poured out all His anger on the body of His Son. Jesus exhausted all the fiery indignation of a holy God against all our sins, and when all of God’s judgment of our sins had been completely exhausted, He shouted, “It is finished!” (John 19:30). And because our sins have already been punished, God, who is a holy and just God, will not punish us today when we believe in what Christ has done. God’s holiness is now on your side. His righteousness is now for you, not against you. You are His beloved, in whom He is well pleased because of Jesus’ finished work!

The next time the devil tries to rob you of your sense of being beloved by making you think that God is angry with you, just ignore him. Ignore him when he says, “How can you call yourself a Christian?” You are a righteous, accepted, and beloved child of God! When you believe this, you will have the confidence to face every challenge with boldness, knowing that you have God’s unmerited favor on your side!

-From Joseph Prince Daily Meditate Devotional
Re: God Will Never Be Angry With You! by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:15pm On Oct 04, 2020
Words which appease the flesh but profits nothing in Truth.
Re: God Will Never Be Angry With You! by xproducer: 6:24pm On Oct 04, 2020
Words that appear to be based on the Bible... and the Holy Bible, the word of GOD is truth! (John 17:17).

"There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit." - Romans 8:1

------

"Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it." - 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

1 Like

Re: God Will Never Be Angry With You! by Thattallgirl(f): 7:01pm On Oct 04, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Words which appease the flesh but profits nothing in Truth.
Oh, u know any part of the new covenant where it says God will be angry at his beloved (believers)?
Re: God Will Never Be Angry With You! by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:39pm On Oct 04, 2020
Thattallgirl:
Oh, u know any part of the new covenant where it says God will be angry at his beloved (believers)?
Lol!

Haven't you seen any part where Jesus was angry with His disciples?

Let's stop lying to please men.

These words of the flesh don't help no one but encourages people to take things for granted and to continue in their sins.

Jesus Himself the only Begotten said His Father had not left Him because He did always the things that pleased Him.

That means someone can do the things that do not please God and God cannot be happy when such happens.

Let's try to always do things that please God as Jesus did so that He'd have no reason to be angry with us.
Re: God Will Never Be Angry With You! by Thattallgirl(f): 8:10pm On Oct 04, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Lol!

Haven't you seen any part where Jesus was angry with His disciples?

Let's stop lying to please men.

These words of the flesh don't help no one but encourages people to take things for granted and to continue in their sins.

Jesus Himself the only Begotten said His Father had not left Him because He did always the things that pleased Him.

That means someone can do the things that do not please God and God cannot be happy when such happens.

Let's try to always do things that please God as Jesus did so that He'd have no reason to be angry with us.
Lol pls quote such scriptures.
Re: God Will Never Be Angry With You! by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:29pm On Oct 04, 2020
Thattallgirl:
Lol pls quote such scriptures.

John 8:29 (KJV)

And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

Matthew 16:22-23 (KJV)

Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Mark 10:13-14 (KJV)

And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them.
But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

Luke 9:40-41 (KJV)

And I besought thy disciples to cast him out; and they could not.
And Jesus answering said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you, and suffer you? Bring thy son hither.
Re: God Will Never Be Angry With You! by Thattallgirl(f): 10:41pm On Oct 04, 2020
jesusjnr2020:

John 8:29 (KJV)

And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

Matthew 16:22-23 (KJV)

Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Mark 10:13-14 (KJV)

And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them.
But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

Luke 9:40-41 (KJV)

And I besought thy disciples to cast him out; and they could not.
And Jesus answering said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you, and suffer you? Bring thy son hither.
cheesy Okay...the first scripture, you think we can please God by our own strength? You think people can successfully please God on their own might? My dear, the only way u can please God is by believing in His Son Jesus and asking Him to lead u cos He Himself said it that He'll write His laws in our hearts. Thinking u can please God based on your own act of righteousness will fail.
The second scripture, the will of God for Jesus was to die on the cross for us but the enemy spoke through Peter and tried to stop that from happening. Jesus didn't condemn Peter by saying "Get thee behind me Peter", He said "get thee behind me Satan". Stop changing the words in the Bible. He directly spoke to Satan and rebuked him not Peter. Plus that didn't even show anger.
Your third scripture, again, Christ didn't condemn the disciples. He simply rebuked them (as a father would rebuke his children) and told them not to keep the little children away. My dear that isn't anger. You wanna talk about anger, look at when Christ scattered the tables at the temple. Even at that, He didn't hate them or condemn the people, only condemned the act (love the people hate the sin).
And lastly, cheesy it is written there that Jesus didn't get angry at the men cos of their lack of faith. I don't understand why people choose to turn the Bible and make God seem like someone with white long beards ready to knock u on the head when you make a mistake. My dear, God isn't that way. All His anger was wrought on Christ when He was on the cross so that u and I may come boldly to His presence and seek Him, believing that we have been made righteous in the sight of God through the blood of Jesus.
My dear, if u don't still understand this or feel I'm saying lies, please go to His presence and ask Him to teach u the truth. DO NOT LEAN ON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING.

2 Likes

Re: God Will Never Be Angry With You! by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 10, 2020
Can I know u more?
Re: God Will Never Be Angry With You! by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 10, 2020
Thattallgirl:
Can I know u more?
Re: God Will Never Be Angry With You! by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 10, 2020
Thattallgirl:
Can I send u an email?
Re: God Will Never Be Angry With You! by Thattallgirl(f): 4:17pm On Oct 10, 2020
ArewaOduduwaBia:

Can I send u an email?
Sure
Re: God Will Never Be Angry With You! by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 10, 2020
Thattallgirl:
Sure
I have sent u a dm
Re: God Will Never Be Angry With You! by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 10, 2020
Thattallgirl:
Sure
Or can I have u email add?
Re: God Will Never Be Angry With You! by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 10, 2020
Thattallgirl:
Sure
I sent u a mail
Re: God Will Never Be Angry With You! by Thattallgirl(f): 8:53am On Nov 04, 2020
Thattallgirl:
For this is like the waters of Noah to Me; for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah would no longer cover the earth, so have I sworn that I would not be angry with you, nor rebuke you. For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, but My kindness shall not depart from you, nor shall My covenant of peace be removed,” says the Lord, who has mercy on you.
Isaiah 54:9–10

A warning is issued in 1 Peter 5:8—“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.” I know that a lion roars to intimidate and to bring fear, but I used to wonder what kind of fear the devil tries to instill in the believer. We must let the Bible interpret the Bible. We can’t base our interpretations on our denominational backgrounds or our experiences.

One day, I was reading Proverbs 19 when I came across verse 12: “The king’s wrath is like the roaring of a lion, but his favor is like dew on the grass.” Who is the king that this verse refers to? It is our Lord Jesus! So when the devil goes about like a roaring lion, he is trying to impersonate the King. He is trying to make you feel as if God is angry with you. Every time you hear preaching that leaves you with a sense that God is angry with you, guess what? You have just been roared at! But know this, beloved: God will NEVER be angry with you ever again. He only has to tell us this, but He wanted us to be so sure that He swore in His Word that He would never be angry with us again.

Today’s verses are from Isaiah 54, which is right after the famous messianic chapter of the sufferings of Christ in Isaiah 53. Therefore, Isaiah 54 is spelling out the triumphs and spoils of His sufferings.

Do you know why God will never be angry with us again? It is because of what Christ has accomplished for us! On the cross, God poured out all His anger on the body of His Son. Jesus exhausted all the fiery indignation of a holy God against all our sins, and when all of God’s judgment of our sins had been completely exhausted, He shouted, “It is finished!” (John 19:30). And because our sins have already been punished, God, who is a holy and just God, will not punish us today when we believe in what Christ has done. God’s holiness is now on your side. His righteousness is now for you, not against you. You are His beloved, in whom He is well pleased because of Jesus’ finished work!

The next time the devil tries to rob you of your sense of being beloved by making you think that God is angry with you, just ignore him. Ignore him when he says, “How can you call yourself a Christian?” You are a righteous, accepted, and beloved child of God! When you believe this, you will have the confidence to face every challenge with boldness, knowing that you have God’s unmerited favor on your side!

-From Joseph Prince Daily Meditate Devotional

(1) (Reply)

President Macron Plans To 'reorganise' Islam / God Told Me Buhari Not In Charge Of Nigeria- Renowned Prophet / Valentine's Day ! Hear What Bible Said Women Should Eat On The 14th Of February

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.