Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio (857 Views)

Mildred Okonkwo: You Can't Be Angry At Pastors Flying Jets / Apostle Suleman Had Sex With Faith Edeko, My Wife - Pastor Mike Davids Petitions / Pastor David Elijah Attacked By Assassins. Bullets Refused To Penetrate Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by WazobiaNEWS(f): 11:39am On Aug 16, 2021
Pastor David Ibiyeomio said this about COOKING: Just be angry with your poverty, not your WIFE

When you hear a man say that my wife does not know how to cook, he is yet to understand love. Let me be very raw with you; hire somebody to teach her and it is not even compulsory that she cooks for you, can’t you get a chef? It is your poverty that is disturbing you.

I told my wife to stop cooking. I told her that God has blessed me to a point that you will never enter the kitchen. Where did you hear that a woman must cook till she dies? Just be angry with your poverty. You employ a chef. If you can’t afford that yet, work around teaching her and stop spreading her weakness all around. No one is perfect.

Does the messages applies to everyone or a specific. drop your opinion.... let learn more Afri NOTES yes i did pick one and two line from the message

1: Where did you hear that a woman must cook till she dies?

I know ladies will love this kind messages, oya drop your comment or opinion

in all stay safe and be happy. AfriNOTES.com

Re: COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by Rtk5: 11:49am On Aug 16, 2021
I dont know what to say yet
Re: COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by WazobiaNEWS(f): 12:01pm On Aug 16, 2021
You dont know what to say means you have just said something

Nice one
Rtk5:
I dont know what to say yet
Re: COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by Naijanascam: 12:18pm On Aug 16, 2021
He is just misleading some people who will finally end up frustrated............ with this hopeless admonitions

Because his father hired a cook during his time.....

Being stupid can't be attributed to poverty, because some people are plainly stupid....

This is why Jesus wept
Re: COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by triplechoice(m): 1:26pm On Aug 16, 2021
This would appeal to women who are very bad cooks.

From my own experience, a woman who knows how to cook very well, would not want to stop cooking for her household for any reason, especially if she has the time .

Such women, no matter their busy schedule, would try to find some time to cook.

They are not doing it because it is what they must do as married women , but simply because they love and enjoy what they do and also because of the ego boosting praises they get from their husbands. This makes them feel loved and appreciated.

Unfortunately, women who can really cook very well are hard to find these days.

The ones we have now are mostly terrible cooks who can't take the criticism they get from their husbands.

The pastor is playing to the gallery in order to tell some persons what they would love to hear and see happen.

What is wrong with a woman cooking for the rest of her life if she has the time, enjoys it and it also gives her happiness?

My late grandmother was still struggling to cook despite her frail condition. She would not want anyone to stop her doing what she loved doing

1 Like

Re: COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by Kobojunkie: 4:33pm On Aug 16, 2021
triplechoice:

This would appeal to women who are very bad cooks.

From my own experience, a woman who knows how to cook very well, would not want to stop cooking for her household for any reason, especially if she has the time .

Such women, no matter their busy schedule, would try to find some time to cook.

They are not doing it because it is what they must do as married women , but simply because they love and enjoy what they do and also because of the ego boosting praises they get from their husbands. This makes them feel loved and appreciated.

Unfortunately, women who can really cook very well are hard to find these days.

The ones we have now are mostly terrible cooks who can't take the criticism they get from their husbands.

The pastor is playing to the gallery in order to tell some persons what they would love to hear and see happen.

What is wrong with a woman cooking for the rest of her life if she has the time, enjoys it and it also gives her happiness?

My late grandmother was still struggling to cook despite her frail condition. She would not want anyone to stop her doing what she loved doing
I believe the OP's main question is Where did you hear that a woman must cook till she dies? undecided
Re: COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by capnies: 4:36pm On Aug 16, 2021
THIS MONEY MEN ARE CONFUSED. WHEN YOU SEE MONEY YOU NEVER DREAMT OF 1/1000000TH OF IT IN YOUR LIFE THATS WHAT YOU CAN VOMIT
MEN OF SATAN
Re: COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:46pm On Aug 16, 2021
Those who are looking for slaves as wife would not like this.

I'm not a fan of this man, but I think he's got a point here.

I would like to add though that such treatment should not just be meant for the rich, because a man who can't afford a chef, can help and teach his wife to cook.

It's only pride that would make a man think that cooking and serving was meant to be the job of his wife alone.

For those who believe that a man is the head of the wife just as Christ was the head of the church, but would be offended by this saying, should also remember that Jesus served His bride and also washed her feet.

So "husbands" ought to follow Christ's example in marriage if they are going to be compared with Christ in their own marriage.

God bless.
Re: COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by triplechoice(m): 5:04pm On Aug 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I believe the OP's main question is Where did you hear that a woman must cook till she dies? undecided

My comment is a reaction to the pastor's
Re: COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by Truvelisback(m): 5:14pm On Aug 16, 2021
I agree with him. If my wife doesn't know how to cook, i will teach her. But why will a lady live with her mother 4rm birth don't know how to cook? What if the man doesn't know how to cook and have money to employ a cheff?

1 Like

Re: COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by Kobojunkie: 5:18pm On Aug 16, 2021
Truvelisback:
I agree with him. If my wife doesn't know how to cook, i will teach her. But why will a lady live with her mother 4rm birth don't know how to cook? What if the man doesn't know how to cook and have money to employ a cheff?
Probably the very same reason why a man will live with his father and not know how to build a house with his own hands, take care of maintainance and plumbing issues around the house. undecided

Your second question is probably rebutted by the OP'S question- "Where did you hear that a woman must cook till she dies?" undecided
Re: COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by triplechoice(m): 7:14pm On Aug 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Probably the very same reason why a man will live with his father and not know how to build a house with his own hands, take care of maintainance and plumbing issues around the house. undecided

Your second question is probably rebutted by the OP'S question- "Where did you hear that a woman must cook till she dies?" undecided

Who says women must cook till they drop dead?
Re: COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by Kobojunkie: 7:24pm On Aug 16, 2021
triplechoice:
Who says women must cook till they drop dead?
Who says a woman must cook at all? undecided
Re: COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by Uyi168: 7:34pm On Aug 16, 2021

What has a woman be doing all her life, ending up married without knowing how to cook?
Re: COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by Kobojunkie: 7:37pm On Aug 16, 2021
Uyi168:
What has a woman be doing all her life, ending up married without knowing how to cook?
And the OP's question to you is Where did you hear that a woman must cook till she dies?
Re: COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by Uyi168: 7:39pm On Aug 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
And the OP's question to you is Where did you hear that a woman must cook till she dies?
Where did i say she must cook till she dies??

1 Like

Re: COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by Kobojunkie: 7:42pm On Aug 16, 2021
Uyi168:
Where did i say she must cook till she dies?
Where did you hear that a woman must cook? undecided
Re: COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by Uyi168: 7:47pm On Aug 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Where did you hear that a woman must cook? undecided
kk.
Re: COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by Kobojunkie: 7:54pm On Aug 16, 2021
Uyi168:
kk.
The question is warranted since a vast majority of folks out there assume Cooking is written in the female DNA when it is instead it is a learned skill like riding a bicycle or fixing cars, and we all know of any particular skill - we'll- depends to a great deal on more than just gender, cooking not an exception. undecided
Re: COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by Uyi168: 7:58pm On Aug 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The question is warranted since a vast majority of folks out there assume Cooking is written in the female DNA when it is instead it is a learned skill like riding a bicycle or fixing cars, and we all know of any particular skill - we'll- depends to a great deal on more than just gender, cooking not an exception. undecided
Everyone should know to cook.
I cook great meals. I enjoy doing it. I see no reason why a lady or anyone at that should not know how to cook.. And marriage settings, it's more of a womans duty to cook. You can as well deny this.

1 Like

Re: COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by Kobojunkie: 8:00pm On Aug 16, 2021
Uyi168:
Everyone should know to cook.
I cook great meals. I enjoy doing it. I see no reason why a lady or anyone at that should not know how to cook.. And marriage settings, it's more of a womans duty to cook. You can as well deny this.
Where is the rule in bold from now? undecided

Where is it written that in a marriage setting, that a woman's duty is to cook?. undecided
Re: COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by 1Sharon(f): 8:00pm On Aug 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Won't you eat till you die?
Re: COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by 1Sharon(f): 8:00pm On Aug 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Where is it written that in a marriage setting, that a woman's duty is to cook?. undecided

Are you a feminist?
Re: COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by Kobojunkie: 8:00pm On Aug 16, 2021
1Sharon:

Won't you eat till you die?
So if you don't cook you die? undecided
Re: COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by Uyi168: 8:01pm On Aug 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Make we rest.

1 Like

Re: COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by Kobojunkie: 8:01pm On Aug 16, 2021
1Sharon:
Are you a feminist?
Answer the question. undecided
Re: COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by 1Sharon(f): 8:02pm On Aug 16, 2021
Someone is virtue signalling.

Men feel pampered when they are fed home cooked meals. And best when prepared by their wives.

Feminine women love nurturing which involves cooking.

1 Like

Re: COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by 1Sharon(f): 8:03pm On Aug 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Answer the question. undecided

Feminine women are nurturers and that involves cooking and being a home maker.
Re: COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by Kobojunkie: 8:04pm On Aug 16, 2021
1Sharon:
Someone is virtue signalling.
Men feel pampered when they are fed home cooked meals. And best when prepared by their wives.
Feminine women love nurturing which involves cooking.
Men feel pampered? Female women? Why the generalizations? undecided
Re: COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by Kobojunkie: 8:06pm On Aug 16, 2021
1Sharon:
Feminine women are nurturers and that involves cooking and being a home maker.
Where did you get that gobbledygook from? undecided

So, the likes of Martha Stewart is an example then of "feminine women"?
Re: COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by triplechoice(m): 8:07pm On Aug 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Who says a woman must cook at all? undecided

Not everyone would make an issue out of it if the wife can't cook. So what's the problem?
Re: COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio by Kobojunkie: 8:11pm On Aug 16, 2021
triplechoice:
Not everyone would make an issue out of it if the wife can't cook. So what's the problem?
That is probably why the Op chose it as an issue worth discussing because so many assume it is written in stone somewhere that cooking is the job of a particular gender, when there is really no biological or psychological evidence for this assumption. undecided

I personally do not agree with the Pastor preaching such an idea in the name of God but it is of essence that we seek more enlightened as a people, even about those things we have come to accept as norms. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Presumptuous Sins. / Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. / Paying Your Dowry And Traditional Wedding Doesn't Make You A Wife - DK Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.