Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,505 members, 7,816,199 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! (4046 Views)

Tech Gurus Please Help! #10k for Reward!!! / Phone Gurus Help / Tech Gurus, Help Me On This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! by Abdullahi4u7(m): 3:41pm On Oct 04, 2020
Things could go really bad sometimes - no doubt. But there are some limits that shouldn't be reached - fact! Now, the limit has been exceeded!

I got 2 smartphones (same model) from China and my heart is now shattered! I wouldn't want to prolong matters.

Manufacturer: Unknown
Model: N series note10+

Claimed specifications:

4GB ram
64GB rom
16MP rear + 8MP front camera
In-screen fingerprint sensor
4800mAh inbuilt battery
9.1 Android version
5.8 inch full screen

What I got
The one isn't full screen as claimed
Ram says 4gb...could not go farther than 300mb apps!
64GB displayed for rom but it's 1.2gb thereabouts

Display: not exciting, not captivating, the dullest I've seen

Camera: As sharp as that of nokia c1 java phone eventhough there are 3 rear cameras which should sum up to 16mp

Finger print: in sreen as claimed but all of my fingers could unlock it smoothly even though I only set it up with one!

Battery: removable for crying out loud! Inscription says 4000mAh instead of the claimed 4800mAh I anticipated. In reality, the battery is only 500mAh. Use it or not, it will drain itself at 20%.

The phone is so slow and easily hangs. It takes about 1minute to open a whatsApp group message!

Android version: 4.4 instead of 9.1!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! by Abdullahi4u7(m): 3:42pm On Oct 04, 2020
Can't install apps

Phone gets hot!

Please, Tech Gurus,
I need solutions to some of the problems so that the phone could be usable. Most importantly:

Upgrading from 4.4 android version to Marshmallow so as to be able to install apps that can't run on 4.4

Making the ROM to also run as ram so that there would be space to install some unavoidable apps

I think I would be okay if these two are solved.
Thanks in anticipation.

Front page might help, who knows

Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! by Earlystar698(m): 3:52pm On Oct 04, 2020
Name of the phone in full or you go and pound sand cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! by yungrylex00(m): 4:01pm On Oct 04, 2020
tongue na u do yourself guy

7 Likes

Re: China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! by Onyenna(m): 5:19pm On Oct 04, 2020
Manufacturer: Rohs!??

And i guess they offered you a deal that was too good to be true.... Right?.....

How much did you pay for the device?

15 Likes

Re: China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! by ubev01(m): 5:21pm On Oct 04, 2020
Greediness why?

3 Likes

Re: China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 04, 2020
gringringringringrin this one go buy calamity, bros stick to the devil you know next time. gringringringrin laff wan kill me oh.

4 Likes

Re: China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! by MrBONE2(m): 7:04pm On Oct 04, 2020
Abdullahi4u7:
Things could go really bad sometimes - no doubt. But there are some limits that shouldn't be reached - fact! Now, the limit has been exceeded!

I got 2 smartphones (same model) from China and my heart ia now shattered! I wouldn't want to prolong matters.

Manufacturer: Rohs

Claimed specifications:

4GB ram
64GB rom
4800mAh inbuilt battery
9.1 Android version
5.8 inch full screen

What I got
Ram not displayed
64GB displayed for rom

Camera: As sharp as that od nokia c1 java phone eventhough there are 3 rear cameras which should sum up to 16mp

Finger print: in sreen as claimed but all of my fingers could unlock it smoothly even though I only set it up with one!

Battery: removable for crying out loud! Inscription says 4000mAh instead of the claimed 4800mAh I anticipated. In reality, the battery is only 500mAh. Use it or not, it will drain itself at 20%.

The phone is so slow and easily hangs. It takes about 1minute to open a whatsApp group message!

grin

3 Likes

Re: China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! by mydadsboy(m): 7:34pm On Oct 04, 2020
My guy you never even start to dey wail. Wait till the phone shock you .

Lol but really though, tell us how much you bought the phone if no be awoof dey run your belle so.

You don go buy phone wey KG3 pupils assemble for China cheesy grin sad

13 Likes

Re: China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! by leonard002(m): 7:45pm On Oct 04, 2020
Throw the phones away bro, to avoid them affecting your sanity grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! by Collins4u1(m): 8:03pm On Oct 04, 2020
Hahahahahahahah the guy buy nameless phone. Those phones are called generic.

Now you're shocked by the performance abi? Didn't the price shock you for that claimed specs?

4 Likes

Re: China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! by Mohbola(f): 8:22pm On Oct 04, 2020
The name of the phone sef
Re: China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 04, 2020
Stop buying phones from show glass on the road.....

IPhone 1 is better than any redmi phone
Re: China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! by Xxx123xxx(m): 8:30pm On Oct 04, 2020
Abdullahi4u7:

I got 2 smartphones (same model) from China and my heart ia now shattered! I wouldn't want to prolong matters.

Claimed specifications:

4GB ram
64GB rom
4800mAh inbuilt battery
9.1 Android version
5.8 inch full screen

What I got
Ram not displayed
64GB displayed for rom

Camera: As sharp as that od nokia c1 java phone eventhough there are 3 rear cameras which should sum up to 16mp

..am sure you paid less than or equal to 10 thousand for the phone if my assumption is correct. YOU GOT SERVED.
Re: China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! by Badmusthomas(m): 9:36pm On Oct 04, 2020
Me see Nigerian buying generic phones am like

2 Likes

Re: China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! by Uboat: 9:53pm On Oct 04, 2020
Take heart op just throw away the phone.
Re: China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! by DrBrainstorm(m): 10:01pm On Oct 04, 2020
My belle o grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! by chariisGRACE(m): 10:09pm On Oct 04, 2020
OP from the screenshot you attached, that UI looks like an Android 4.0. OP don buy spoil. grin
Re: China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! by KrazyDave16(m): 10:11pm On Oct 04, 2020
My chest o

Re: China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! by KrazyDave16(m): 10:13pm On Oct 04, 2020
OP either you return it or use it like that
Re: China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! by ogbenimax007: 10:27pm On Oct 04, 2020
mydadsboy:
My guy you never even start to dey wail. Wait till the phone shock you .

Lol but really though, tell us how much you bought the phone if no be awoof dey run your belle so.

You don go buy phone wey KG3 pupils assemble for China cheesy grin sad
grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! by mank1234(m): 10:28pm On Oct 04, 2020
Na so first sets of tekno been dey.

Benjamin Franklin: The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten

5 Likes

Re: China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! by gulfer: 10:40pm On Oct 04, 2020
Buy 1, get 1 free.. cheesy grin grin @OP, combine the RAMs na grin grin grin

How can you be so gullible to have bought two (2) of these toys; Ok, you planned to sell on the second one at a profit abi......PROFIT kee you there grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! by mejai(m): 10:43pm On Oct 04, 2020
Did you say all your fingers can unlock the fingerprint protection? This ur fone na olosho o!

15 Likes

Re: China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 04, 2020
E shock yuu abi?
Re: China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! by Bombastically00(m): 11:00pm On Oct 04, 2020
Sorry nigga,,d thing u bought is a refurbished phone cuz all those features in it was just edited..d software installed in the phone is of an android version of 4.0...plug ur phone into a laptop and see ur phone name...MANY BOUGHT IPHONES BUT ITS USING INFINIX FEATURES..LOL
Re: China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! by DesChyko: 11:21pm On Oct 04, 2020
Avoid Upgrading the version or you may have just upgraded to premium tears. 4.4 is old but not entirely obsolete. Sites like apkfun have archives of today apps that work on 4.4 Kitkat

Use MiniTool Partition Wizard to partition an SD Card into two partitions. Then format one partition as Ext2 (extension of internal storage) and the other as FAT32(normal memory card storage).

That should make it possible to install your apps on your memory card instead.

Use a task manager app like Greenify to shut down apps when you're down with them so as to keep the RAM as free as possible. Avoid heavy duty apps altogether and use web browsers as alternatives to apps where possible.

If you want a bigger battery, you may have to take a trip to electronics market to see if one with higher amps can be constructed or found for you. Get a powerbank all the same.

As for the hotness.. Bear with it. It's a removable battery and it has low capacity.

2 Likes

Re: China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! by birchwood: 11:23pm On Oct 04, 2020
Abdullahi4u7:

I got 2 smartphones (same model) from China and my heart is now shattered! I wouldn't want to prolong matters.

Claimed specifications:

4GB ram
64GB rom
4800mAh inbuilt battery
9.1 Android version
5.8 inch full screen

What I got
Ram says 4gb...could not go farther than 300mb apps!
64GB displayed for rom

Camera: As sharp as that of nokia c1 java phone eventhough there are 3 rear cameras which should sum up to 16mp

How much did you pay for the phone, I'm actually going to try and help you, but we have to start from somewhere
Re: China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! by Joshdboss(m): 11:28pm On Oct 04, 2020
God go help us.
But try joining SFI. The only online company with 4 streams of income for members. you can be earning up to $600 a month just within a year of being with them. I'm not going to say it's for everyone, because only the serious make big money. so if you like good business with amazing income, add me and I'll sign you up. once you join, I'll show you all the tricks and stuffs to earn big in no time. add me on Whatsapp @ 07067638143
Re: China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! by Vyzz: 11:34pm On Oct 04, 2020
cool

If u buy a good phone thank God because getting a good phones is now as hard as arsenal beating bayern Munich....

Too many counterfeit phones out their and I think that's what OP bought....

E never Tey e Don dey get all this problem.... I just give u two months, the type of problems the phone go develop sef....

Niggas always endeavour to go to a trusted supplier to get ya phone... Sure e dey cost dia but if u buy am u go get peace of mind

2 Likes

Re: China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! by Nobody: 12:38am On Oct 05, 2020
Badmusthomas:
Me see Nigerian buying generic phones am like
small small na
haba

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Detect Hidden Camera With Mobile Phone / Tecno Phantom 6 & 6+ Official Thread / Infinix Smart 2 and Smart 2 Pro Official Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.