Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,721 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) (74508 Views)

Natural Heart-Shaped Lake Toyoni In Japan (Pictures) / Ikenna Nweke: I Declined 10% Of Money I Found In Japan / G20 Summit: Donald Trump's Motorcade Vs Vladimir Putin's Motorcade In Japan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by tiswell(m): 6:14am On Oct 06, 2020
merieam16:
Scary...this one na north,our sambisa forest too na north.hmmm bad thing happens majorly in the north.

wat am i sayin...fear north!
you just dey shake this table

Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by Elfaris(m): 6:18am On Oct 06, 2020
It is in this same forest that a popular YouTuber (I think Logan Paul) was vlogging in and found a dead body and they continued filming which brought criticisms on him and his crew.
This situation just goes to show that material wealth is never enough, inner peace is the ultimate blessing.
You can imagine Japan (one of the wealthiest countries in the world) and it's citizens (one of the wealthiest people) experiencing such which is mostly associated with financial depression. Sad.

1 Like

Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by UDUJ(m): 6:19am On Oct 06, 2020
Nchenches:
A country where only work, work and work is it, men and women have little or no relationship - Japan is a suicide country.

Very true. They work all through their days. Hardly having any social life. An average Japanese worker has an average of a 100 hour work week. Most working all days of the week as they detest laziness in their culture as well. Depression everywhere.

To put it mildly: the Japanese live for work if that makes sense.

1 Like

Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 06, 2020
instead if comiting suicide why not sell your Kidney Travel to different country give ur family 10m, use 10m fo buy land u want to be buried and casket to be used so that u can die as a fulfilled man/woman.

Say no to suicide
Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by AnanseK(m): 6:32am On Oct 06, 2020
Competition for Sambisa and the Evil Forest of Biafra
Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by lamentor78(m): 6:49am On Oct 06, 2020
This is the real Evil forest
Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by Liposure: 7:05am On Oct 06, 2020
LadySarah:

Even when we see life as perfect for them?
the rich also cry
Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by lastchild: 7:08am On Oct 06, 2020
we need a place like this in Nigeria, am getting tired of living

1 Like

Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by ehix89(m): 7:10am On Oct 06, 2020
southniyikaye:
There must be something triggering this suicide in Japan.
For as many as 21k people dying, there must be something triggering the suicides.

Lily liver people.
If you can survive in Nigeria, you can survive anywhere in the world
Just because we don't have credible statistics in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 06, 2020
Their religion Shintoism played a prominent role in these suicides and suicidal behavior. Which has failed to teach its adherents the meaning of life.
The same way professed Christians have played pursuit of materialism, inordinate quest for power and sex, as life ultimate.
The bible points to true meaning of life and road to happiness. Proverbs chapter 3 verses 5-7, Luke 11:28
Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by anonimi: 7:23am On Oct 06, 2020
Hisroyalbadmeat:
I rather die than commit suicide,I can't kill my self undecided undecided

Have you not heard that Iku ya ju esin - death is more honourable than disgrace, which is the basis of the Japanese harakiri.
When you have a society that has super high moral standards, you can expect that.
We were once like that.............................but all that has changed.
Why?
I don't know.

anonimi:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/8917100_file577ba0662c663_jpega75dd3288fc902ecf4fdad92b09e4783

anonimi:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2174510_nigeriansmobmentality_jpegd710c25fa577a4f0fb35da579ff1eb3d

1 Like

Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by Burchester: 7:47am On Oct 06, 2020
Wow
Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by maxwellogbomon(m): 7:52am On Oct 06, 2020
The Victim might have went there for spiritual power
Hi
Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by Mungopark55(m): 8:14am On Oct 06, 2020
inside life
Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by DrObum(m): 8:36am On Oct 06, 2020
TheFacelessMan:
angry

Many years back, I was in this forbidden forest...

What I saw those 3 long nights is the stuff nightmares are made of...

I had killed the only son of a Yakuza kingpin named Yohiji Kazuyoshi.

The Yakuza by the way is the equivalent of the Italian Mafia, a very influential criminal organization with fingers in every crooked pie.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12458702_yakuza_jpeg51e7ee7dd7847dc93d96aa57ba084dc4

He looked at me sorrowfully and promised me a death like no other.

He looked
Your imagination is rich.
Kudos.
Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by MNDY(m): 8:44am On Oct 06, 2020
ThreeEyedRaven:

Margery Tyrrell!!! (Natalie Dormer) that girl is one of the hottest British actress and I usually enjoy seeing her on TV. I'll have to watch this movie smiley

The way she naturally smirks is so lovely and that's why people love her very much. That pretty face of hers when she smirks is one in a million.
Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by MNDY(m): 8:45am On Oct 06, 2020
ThreeEyedRaven:

Margery Tyrrell!!! (Natalie Dormer) that girl is one of the hottest British actress and I usually enjoy seeing her on TV. I'll have to watch this movie smiley

The way she naturally smirks is so lovely and that's why people love her very much. That pretty face of hers when she smirks is one in a million...

1 Like

Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 06, 2020
southniyikaye:
There must be something triggering this suicide in Japan.
For as many as 21k people dying, there must be something triggering the suicides.

Lily liver people.
If you can survive in Nigeria, you can survive anywhere in the world
Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by ThreeEyedRaven: 9:10am On Oct 06, 2020
MNDY:

The way she naturally smirks is so lovely and that's why people love her very much. That pretty face of hers when she smirks is one in a million...
I'm telling you. Plus the blonde hair on blue eyes is something else.
Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by DonroxyII: 9:26am On Oct 06, 2020
ednut1:
Rip to them. Instead make dem sell one kidney flex before committing suicide.
Someone on a suicide mission can never flex ... Nothing interest them again in this world .... Stop saying Selling kidney to flex ... Suicide is the peak of Depression!!
Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by Asad6ixty9: 10:12am On Oct 06, 2020
ednut1:
Rip to them. Instead make dem sell one kidney flex before committing suicide.
As in ehhh...........pure waste of natural resources...............................
Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by abiolaoladipupo(m): 10:32am On Oct 06, 2020
Igbo Awon Oku.
Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by Angelnath(m): 11:14am On Oct 06, 2020
So the japanese also believe in demons but really that movie (the forest) is scary and at the same time entertaining and educative.
Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 06, 2020
This post made me get the movie!
Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by ceaser: 1:48pm On Oct 06, 2020
anonimi:

Have you not heard that Iku ya ju esin - death is more honourable than disgrace, which is the basis of the Japanese harakiri.
When you have a society that has super high moral standards, you can expect that.
We were once like that.............................but all that has changed.
Why?
I don't know.
Better translated as "death before dishonour". Your observations ar on point.

And as to the question, gradual prolonged desensitisation to what is right,just and upright is why. Prolonged sustained erosion of sound reasoning and logical thinking by the political class and dehumanising conditions of a group of people will have a negative impact on societal morals. They have been maltreated for long, oppressed continuously with no reprieve or chance to bounce back to morality for a re-evaluation. They have therefore forgotten the meaning of morality, hence the decadence.

That is why Nigerians no longer see any wrong in "selling their votes for a morsel". That is why you would be derided as "mumu" or not smart if you decide to be straightforward or upright in doing business. It's the same reason why you can never keep any person in charge of your business without they stealing from you despite being paid regularly the agreed salary, thereby ruining the business and running you down. That's why you may be killed/murdered by erring colleagues at work if you decide to inform the management of their misdemeanours impacting negatively on the business.

Certain mother's now wholly support their children and wards in advanced fee fraud popularly know as 419 and also in "yahoo yahoo".

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by LadySarah: 2:52pm On Oct 06, 2020
darealbabe:
What's the naMe and where did you get it?
Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by Phyde: 3:41pm On Oct 06, 2020
Angelnath:
So the japanese also believe in demons but really that movie (the forest) is scary and at the same time entertaining and educative.
Is the movie the same as Sea of trees ?
Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by Phyde: 3:42pm On Oct 06, 2020
darealbabe:
Can you share link to download ?
Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by Angelnath(m): 7:00pm On Oct 06, 2020
Phyde:
Is the movie the same as Sea of trees ?
nope
Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by Angelnath(m): 7:06pm On Oct 06, 2020
Phyde:
Can you share link to download ?
you can get it on tfpdl(.)com or netnaija. The name is "the forest(2013)"
Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by Angelnath(m): 7:12pm On Oct 06, 2020
Asad6ixty9:

As in ehhh...........pure waste of natural resources...............................
just pray you dont experience real depression, sometimes its just because they gat no one to share them problem with and no one to advice them. But as a die hard naija citizen you cant comit suicide as we are used to depression.

1 Like

Re: Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) by Angelnath(m): 7:14pm On Oct 06, 2020
maxwellogbomon:
The Victim might have went there for spiritual power
Hi
hmmm... This guy is speaking sense sha... Maybe they went there for spiritual revival.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Shocking Experiences In Public Buses----ladies Be Very Vigilant! / Cameroonian Man Deported From Turkey, Wrapped In Cling Film As A Luggage / Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.