Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others (7123 Views)

Peter Obi Disowns Obidients Who Insult Pastor Adeboye, Others / Twitter Ban: Malami Has Assured Adeboye, Others Will Be Prosecuted - Lai / Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 05, 2020
Luftwaffe:
The only reason Adeboye is criticizing Buhari recently is because his Church business has been threatened.

You are always bringing shame to your family, why e be like that?
Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by NAIJAilliterate: 6:45pm On Oct 05, 2020
dipoolowoo:
By Modupe Gbadeyanka

Recently, the call for the restructuring of Nigeria became more intense after the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) worldwide, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, said this was the right time to listen to agitators.

Speaking on Saturday at the 60th Independence Day Celebration Symposium organised by RCCG and the Nehemiah Leadership Institute, the respected cleric said the government must restructure the country or the nation breaks up.

According to him, Nigeria can adopt the systems of government practised in the United Kingdom and the United States of America (USA).

Business Post reports that while the British have the parliamentary system of government, America practices the presidential system of government.

When Nigeria gained independence from Britain in 1960, it adopted the parliamentary system of government until it was aborted through a military coup in 1966.

“Why can’t we have a system of government that will create what I will call the United States of Nigeria?” the former university lecturer asked.

“Let me explain. We all know that we must restructure. It’s either we restructure or we break, you don’t have to be a prophet to know that one. That is certain – restructure or we break up,” the man of God, who is fondly called Daddy GO by his members, said.

“Now, we don’t want to break up, God forbid. In restructuring, why don’t we have a Nigerian kind of democracy? At the federal level, why don’t we have a President and a Prime Minister?” Pastor Adeboye queried further.

“If we have a President and a Prime Minister and we share responsibilities between these two so that one is not an appendage to the other.

“For example, if the President controls the Army and the Prime Minister controls the Police. If the President controls resources like oil and mining and the Prime Minister controls finance and inland revenue, taxes, customs etc. You just divide responsibilities between the two,” the 78-year cleric, who hardly criticises the government, suggested in his speech.

But the presidency, in a statement issued by Mr Garba Shehu, the Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari, described these talks as “unhelpful and unwarranted,” warning the cleric and others agitators of restructuring that the current government will not succumb to threats.

“This government will not succumb to threats and take any decision out of pressure at a time when the nation’s full attention is needed to deal with the security challenges facing it at a time of the COVID-19 health crisis,” Mr Shehu said in the statement issued on Sunday night.

The media aide said President Buhari has the mandate and “the interests of 200 million Nigerians” to protect and will take a decision “out of fear or threats especially in this hour of [a] health crisis.”

“The President as an elected leader under this constitution will continue to work with patriotic Nigerians, through and in line with the parliamentary processes to finding solutions to structural and other impediments to the growth and wellbeing of the nation and its people,” Mr Shehu concluded.

https://businesspost.ng/general/buhari-issues-strong-warning-to-adeboye-others/

President buhari instead fighting people fix Nigeria's economy because you are a total failure
Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by NAIJAilliterate: 6:55pm On Oct 05, 2020
Flango:
smiley

I don't know what is wrong with restructuring that people are afraid of it. Restructuring simply means a change of structure. It is what we do daily in our homes and at our work places.

When something is not working, we look for ways to tweak it to make them better. We don't leave it the same way and hope it works.

Some say a new structure should be a fiscal federation, some say it should be parliamentary. Whatever it is, the idea is for everyone to agree first that the country needs a new structure. Once that is agreed, we can then discuss what the new structure should be. My problem is that people don't want to believe in the possibility of a new kind of Nigeria. They just want it to remain the same way it is.

If you fall in that line, the question you should ask yourself is, is Nigeria working as it is currently structured? If your answer is no, then, why are you afraid of change? Except you are happy with the way the country is presently, then I rest my case.

I am not proposing any structure here, I am only saying that we agree first that this isn't working and a change is required. All of us have to come to that agreement first.

The country is not working but restructuring cannot work in Nigeria situation because the same people will be in power
Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by Luftwaffe(f): 7:21pm On Oct 05, 2020
DLuciano:
can't you see how daft you are? that is why your likes are being reduced to eating grasses like the cows controlled by the herdsmen.

Why was your daddy silent before CAMA 2020? grin
Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by TalkTalkTwins(m): 7:55pm On Oct 05, 2020
xcellentgraphic:
Hmmm...bloggers. And fake news.
lol

See the source

Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by EMMY76: 8:45pm On Oct 05, 2020
Luftwaffe:
The only reason Adeboye is criticizing Buhari recently is because his Church business has been threatened.

God bless you that's just the bitter truth.
Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by gregyboy(m): 11:23pm On Oct 05, 2020
budaatum:
We restructured in 1960, restructured during every coup, even restructured parliamentarianism for presidential, yet people talk "restructure" like we've never restructured before and don't know how many constitutions we've been through.

The restructuring Nigeria needs is that of the minds of we the people. It's the one thing that's remained constant through all past restructures and it's time we start looking within instead of blaming the structure as if we'd like the new structure, which we won't.

You dey yarn nonsense bros restructuring is continuous to social changes and demands, we are yet to restructure to what suit us, untill then we will keep amending to suite what we want, like a guy comment up there said if something is not working you fix, and if doesn't work you try a new pattern,
Nigeria having been asking for restructuring since independence so as every nation, brexit is a form of modern of restructure too, i need not to mention other notable countries who had series of resturing,
Nigeria never asked to move from parliamentary to military or presidential, they found themselves in it, unwillingly
Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by suremanpatriot: 12:37am On Oct 06, 2020
mr buhari jst do your term and give igbo man his inevitable term period! sad
Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by Nobody: 2:10am On Oct 06, 2020
OwenJesse27:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pTU6loTL3Q

The Ghana novelist burna boy ft in is music the musters you made..... She is the bomb watch plss grin
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry.
Things like this make me wonder why some useless Governors are still alive in Nigeria.
The likes of T. A Orji.
Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by budaatum: 5:15am On Oct 06, 2020
gregyboy:

Nigeria never asked to move from parliamentary to military or presidential, they found themselves in it, unwillingly
It fell on us from Mar and had nothing to do with us Nigerians? That's what happens when you restructure unintelligently like we've always been doing.
Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by Foookaaa: 5:36am On Oct 06, 2020
Flango:
smiley

I don't know what is wrong with restructuring that people are afraid of it. Restructuring simply means a change of structure. It is what we do daily in our homes and at our work places.

When something is not working, we look for ways to tweak it to make them better. We don't leave it the same way and hope it works.

Some say a new structure should be a fiscal federation, some say it should be parliamentary. Whatever it is, the idea is for everyone to agree first that the country needs a new structure. Once that is agreed, we can then discuss what the new structure should be. My problem is that people don't want to believe in the possibility of a new kind of Nigeria. They just want it to remain the same way it is.

If you fall in that line, the question you should ask yourself is, is Nigeria working as it is currently structured? If your answer is no, then, why are you afraid of change? Except you are happy with the way the country is presently, then I rest my case.

I am not proposing any structure here, I am only saying that we agree first that this isn't working and a change is required. All of us have to come to that agreement first.

I think for a lot of our so-called leaders, the current setup benefits them so there is reluctance to change it. I think there is also a pride factor. The centralization of the country and the presidential system was a result of some of the issues in the First Republic but was obviously conducive to a military regime. If we restructure to a more federalized parliamentary republic, it might cause them to admit that most of their solutions didn't work.
Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by Dayoebe(m): 5:46am On Oct 06, 2020
A day of reckoning is at hand.
All man must give account of his stewardship.
Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by TheManofTomorrow(m): 6:05am On Oct 06, 2020
If he is expecting to continue steering the ship called Nigeria mindlessly without expecting any form of agitation whatsoever, then he must be more clueless as we'all project him to be.

Check signature
Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by orisa37: 6:14am On Oct 06, 2020
Wrong. JETHRO in the Book of Exodus advised Moses to delegate AUTHORITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES AND MOSES ACCEPTED.
Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by Amumaigwe: 6:27am On Oct 06, 2020
Luftwaffe:

And why you are supporting Buhari is because your life is improving.
Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by Racoon(m): 6:31am On Oct 06, 2020
"..The restructuring of the country must be done “as soon as possible” to forestall a breakup of the various socio-ethnic components that make up Nigeria.

It is either we restructure or we break, you don’t have to be a prophet to know that one.That is certain.A United States of Nigeria is likely to survive than our present structure,”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/why-nigeria-must-restructure-or-risk-breakup-adeboye/%3famp=1

"...Amending the Nigerian Constitution to ensure devolution of powers, duties, and responsibilities to states in order to entrench true Federalism...
https://www.thecable.ng/promoted-behold-the-62-failed-2015-election-campaign-promises-of-muhammadu-
buhari-and-apc

"....Again I ask who is afraid of restructuring? I was very disappointed to say the least when I read the presidency its response to Pastor adeboye's take on restructuring of Nigeria.Pastor was very straight forward.

I must categorically say this year pastor Adeboye was one of the very few pastors who openly castigated Goodluck Jonathan on his altar at the redeem headquarters and promoted buhari seriously and gave prophecies that sided with buhari ambition that eventually led to his Victory.

Now this same man who supported you has now come out to advise you on the best route to take to make Nigeria great again but what was the reply from the president? All they did was threaten pastor malign him insult him belittle him and shoved him outside...."
Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by gregyboy(m): 8:58am On Oct 06, 2020
budaatum:

It fell on us from Mar and had nothing to do with us Nigerians? That's what happens when you restructure unintelligently like we've always been doing.

Military upsurge power and wen dey gave it back
We found ourselves in presidential system, presidential system fitted military rule so they adopted it,

We will keep calling for restructuring till we get it right, so dont tell us we are the problem

Be a smart thinker,
Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by OwenJesse27(m): 9:59am On Oct 06, 2020
EVILFOREST:

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry.
Things like this make me wonder why some useless Governors are still alive in Nigeria.
The likes of T. A Orji.
My brother the thing tire me .....is like most of our politicians are heartless .... sad
Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by budaatum: 2:23pm On Oct 06, 2020
gregyboy:

Military upsurge power and wen dey gave it back
We found ourselves in presidential system, presidential system fitted military rule so they adopted it,

We will keep calling for restructuring till we get it right, so dont tell us we are the problem

Be a smart thinker,
As we say where I come from "Ile ni a ti ko ẹsọ re ode". It literally means, 'its from inside your house that you bring your wealth out', or in biblicanism, "from the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks".

You keep calling for restructure while I keep asking that we restructure our minds that we have control over, first. When our minds stop being dim, our whole being will be in light, then shall we see to restructure to our best advantage instead of just repeating our past mistakes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Gutter Buhari Spent Over #200 Million To Commission / Niger Coup Plotters Call Tinubu An Illegitimate President, Won't Listen To Him / FG Orders NERC To Revoke Licenses Of Non-Performing DISCOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.