Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others (7122 Views)

Peter Obi Disowns Obidients Who Insult Pastor Adeboye, Others / Twitter Ban: Malami Has Assured Adeboye, Others Will Be Prosecuted - Lai / Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by dipoolowoo: 11:54am On Oct 05, 2020
By Modupe Gbadeyanka

Recently, the call for the restructuring of Nigeria became more intense after the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) worldwide, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, said this was the right time to listen to agitators.

Speaking on Saturday at the 60th Independence Day Celebration Symposium organised by RCCG and the Nehemiah Leadership Institute, the respected cleric said the government must restructure the country or the nation breaks up.

According to him, Nigeria can adopt the systems of government practised in the United Kingdom and the United States of America (USA).

Business Post reports that while the British have the parliamentary system of government, America practices the presidential system of government.

When Nigeria gained independence from Britain in 1960, it adopted the parliamentary system of government until it was aborted through a military coup in 1966.

“Why can’t we have a system of government that will create what I will call the United States of Nigeria?” the former university lecturer asked.

“Let me explain. We all know that we must restructure. It’s either we restructure or we break, you don’t have to be a prophet to know that one. That is certain – restructure or we break up,” the man of God, who is fondly called Daddy GO by his members, said.

“Now, we don’t want to break up, God forbid. In restructuring, why don’t we have a Nigerian kind of democracy? At the federal level, why don’t we have a President and a Prime Minister?” Pastor Adeboye queried further.

“If we have a President and a Prime Minister and we share responsibilities between these two so that one is not an appendage to the other.

“For example, if the President controls the Army and the Prime Minister controls the Police. If the President controls resources like oil and mining and the Prime Minister controls finance and inland revenue, taxes, customs etc. You just divide responsibilities between the two,” the 78-year cleric, who hardly criticises the government, suggested in his speech.

But the presidency, in a statement issued by Mr Garba Shehu, the Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari, described these talks as “unhelpful and unwarranted,” warning the cleric and others agitators of restructuring that the current government will not succumb to threats.

“This government will not succumb to threats and take any decision out of pressure at a time when the nation’s full attention is needed to deal with the security challenges facing it at a time of the COVID-19 health crisis,” Mr Shehu said in the statement issued on Sunday night.

The media aide said President Buhari has the mandate and “the interests of 200 million Nigerians” to protect and will take a decision “out of fear or threats especially in this hour of [a] health crisis.”

“The President as an elected leader under this constitution will continue to work with patriotic Nigerians, through and in line with the parliamentary processes to finding solutions to structural and other impediments to the growth and wellbeing of the nation and its people,” Mr Shehu concluded.

https://businesspost.ng/general/buhari-issues-strong-warning-to-adeboye-others/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by Iconstar: 11:55am On Oct 05, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by psychalade: 12:00pm On Oct 05, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by Luftwaffe(f): 12:16pm On Oct 05, 2020
The only reason Adeboye is criticizing Buhari recently is because his Church business has been threatened.

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by OwenJesse27(m): 12:37pm On Oct 05, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pTU6loTL3Q

The Ghana novelist burna boy ft in is music the musters you made..... She is the bomb watch plss grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by Emmaxx: 12:40pm On Oct 05, 2020
sad
Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by longetivity(m): 12:41pm On Oct 05, 2020
werey government

1 Like

Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by xcellentgraphic: 12:41pm On Oct 05, 2020
Hmmm...bloggers. And fake news.
Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by DLuciano: 1:40pm On Oct 05, 2020
Luftwaffe:
The only reason Adeboye is criticizing Buhari recently is because his Church business has been threatened.
can't you see how daft you are? that is why your likes are being reduced to eating grasses like the cows controlled by the herdsmen.

26 Likes

Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 05, 2020
Hmm
Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by Flango: 1:43pm On Oct 05, 2020
smiley

I don't know what is wrong with restructuring that people are afraid of it. Restructuring simply means a change of structure. It is what we do daily in our homes and at our work places.

When something is not working, we look for ways to tweak it to make them better. We don't leave it the same way and hope it works.

Some say a new structure should be a fiscal federation, some say it should be parliamentary. Whatever it is, the idea is for everyone to agree first that the country needs a new structure. Once that is agreed, we can then discuss what the new structure should be. My problem is that people don't want to believe in the possibility of a new kind of Nigeria. They just want it to remain the same way it is.

If you fall in that line, the question you should ask yourself is, is Nigeria working as it is currently structured? If your answer is no, then, why are you afraid of change? Except you are happy with the way the country is presently, then I rest my case.

I am not proposing any structure here, I am only saying that we agree first that this isn't working and a change is required. All of us have to come to that agreement first.

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by Abuhyman1(m): 1:51pm On Oct 05, 2020
Get your FLUTTER WAVE POS at an affordable price and unprecedented charge rate.
CHARGES: withdrawal: 0.5%
Transfer: # 20
For more information hello this number on WhatsApp : 08179371170
Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by adaolisa29165: 2:35pm On Oct 05, 2020
The one why Adeboye is criticizing Buhari recently is because his Church businesses has been threatened.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by FullBlastLight: 2:42pm On Oct 05, 2020
It's apparently clear & getting clearer by d day dt d current structure has bcom dysfunctional & outlived it usefulness & relevance!

Thus, any futuristic, right-thinking person wil alwys recognise dt d structure is due 4 a change, else d entire sys keeps going in circular motion!

D Covid-19 scamdemic dt's given as an excuse wil not allow them 2 do restructuring, bt it allows them 2 embark on d redundant cash-gulping pop census, because d census is expressly 2 their massive looting advantage!

Unlike other sane Nations of d world, if pop census has ever helped us in dis frigging country, wil Nig stil be in shambles as it is 2day?

D census they wil conduct even after d manipulation & falsification of figures, there won't stil be any sound projections & strategic plans into d future!

#RestructureNowOrSeparation!
Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by ERockson: 3:09pm On Oct 05, 2020
Ok
Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by CodeTemplar: 3:18pm On Oct 05, 2020
The reason the north may never agree to restructuring of the country even though BH claims they want out, is that Nigeria was set up to be a robbery in slow motion. The north spareheaded army won a war and they have settled on the southern(ND) resources as their booty.
Now that oil prices is dipping, they want to explore their own resources through the back door.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by Iceyjayz: 3:25pm On Oct 05, 2020
OwenJesse27:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pTU6loTL3Q

The Ghana novelist burna boy ft in is music the musters you made..... She is the bomb watch plss grin
It's monsters not musters
Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by PureGoldh(m): 3:26pm On Oct 05, 2020
Sometimes...I just wish I no be Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by angelfallz(m): 4:43pm On Oct 05, 2020
The Switzerland model would be good for Nigeria or we can come up with our own model
Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by Okoroawusa: 4:52pm On Oct 05, 2020
You took two separate statements from Adeboye n the presidency n join them together to say that they are referring to each other? With such a mischievous headline?

You call yourself a journalist?

Shior!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by WoeBetide666: 5:02pm On Oct 05, 2020
Someone is afraid of CAMA

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by Madibah(m): 5:05pm On Oct 05, 2020
DLuciano:
can't you see how daft you are? that is why your likes are being reduced to eating grasses like the cows controlled by the herdsmen.

You are both foolish
But yours seems extreme
Award winning fool

1 Like

Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by Brandstudio01: 5:08pm On Oct 05, 2020
Flango:
smiley

I don't know what is wrong with restructuring that people are afraid of it. Restructuring simply means a change of structure. It is what we do daily in our homes and at our work places.

When something is not working, we look for ways to tweak it to make them better. We don't leave it the same way and hope it works.

Some say a new structure should be a fiscal federation, some say it should be parliamentary. Whatever it is, the idea is for everyone to agree first that the country needs a new structure. Once that is agreed, we can then discuss what the new structure should be. My problem is that people don't want to believe in the possibility of a new kind of Nigeria. They just want it to remain the same way it is.

If you fall in that line, the question you should ask yourself is, is Nigeria working as it is currently structured? If your answer is no, then, why are you afraid of change? Except you are happy with the way the country is presently, then I rest my case.

I am not proposing any structure here, I am only saying that we agree first that this isn't working and a change is required. All of us have to come to that agreement first.
Politician's laugh each time they read our comments
Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by Dyke15(m): 5:15pm On Oct 05, 2020
Ole! Onye oshi! kpalawo!
Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by Fash20: 5:16pm On Oct 05, 2020
There's an adage in my language that goes as follows

The head will be receive a skull cracking knock will surely receive it even if he/she runs to america.

I think that adage fits this situation

1 Like

Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by proclinician: 5:33pm On Oct 05, 2020
DLuciano:
Before the cama issue came on board can you point out one statement adeboye made about govt or state of the nation?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by leofab(f): 5:43pm On Oct 05, 2020
Sensation
Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by Draydd: 6:13pm On Oct 05, 2020
:p
Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by budaatum: 6:35pm On Oct 05, 2020
We restructured in 1960, restructured during every coup, even restructured parliamentarianism for presidential, yet people talk "restructure" like we've never restructured before and don't know how many constitutions we've been through.

The restructuring Nigeria needs is that of the minds of we the people. It's the one thing that's remained constant through all past restructures and it's time we start looking within instead of blaming the structure as if we'd like the new structure, which we won't.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others by MikeMicheal(m): 6:37pm On Oct 05, 2020
Lock them up.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: This Is What Buhari Wants To Save Us From, Appreciate Him / Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days / THE TSUNAMI- LRNZH Responds As Promised to agaba123

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.