Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,675 members, 7,837,490 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful (15086 Views)

Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife / Nigerian Man Visits British Museum, Spots Stolen Benin Kingdom Artifacts. Photos / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Sobasojek: 6:00pm On Oct 12, 2020
Etinosa1234:

U have friends that bear English name?
Some people bears English name in Nigeria
Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Sobasojek: 6:01pm On Oct 12, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Its Wikipedia

See the link to the book

https://archive.org/details/journalofseconde00inclap
Anything can put anything in wikki and i guess you know that

Check tao11 posts for detailed knowledge on how Oyo ruled over Benin because i know that you know Tao11

3 Likes

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Sobasojek: 6:02pm On Oct 12, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Goan read abt ur Oyo Empire... I don't want to disgrace coz obviously u are new here

Goan and find why ur Oyo Empire fell in the early 1800 and Benin was still referred to as a Empire as at 1897
I know the truth is a bitter pill. Benin is a small baby when compared to Oyo

Evidence is still there today as the central yoruba people speak today is Oyo yoruba even in Benin
Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Sobasojek: 6:03pm On Oct 12, 2020
Christistruth00:

Let me shock you even more:

Benin, Dahomey , even Ashanti and the Ga of Ghana paid tribute to the Alaafin of Oyo in the days of Basorun Gaha

That partly explains how and why Basorun Gaha the Prime Minister became such an arrogant king maker ,king destroyer and tyrant .

Basorun Gaha may be the reason why Yoruba's hate but can wait patiently to outmanoeuvre despotic rulers. It cost 4 Alaafins their lives before the 5th Alaafin Abiodun outsmarted him and finally killed him burning. him to ashes.

He controlled all the territory from the West Bank of River Niger all the way to and including the Ashanti of Ghana and all the Coastline .
The territory was bounded in the North by the River Niger of the Bariba Country (Niger State)
Thank you for these facts. God bless you

Hope the Benin dude can learn

3 Likes

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Christistruth00: 6:27pm On Oct 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

Thank you for these facts. God bless you

Hope the Benin dude can learn

Godbless you too.

1 Like

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Etinosa1234: 6:46pm On Oct 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

Some people bears English name in Nigeria

So does that make them English?

Besides, tell me the surname of that ur "friend" and his village
Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Etinosa1234: 6:49pm On Oct 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

Anything can put anything in wikki and i guess you know that

Check tao11 posts for detailed knowledge on how Oyo ruled over Benin because i know that you know Tao11
ANybOdy Can PUt somEtHing oN wiki...
Tel me... U don put anything on wiki?

Goan put ur lie on wiki Na.... Dey deceive urself

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Sobasojek: 6:49pm On Oct 12, 2020
Etinosa1234:

So does that make them English?

Besides, tell me the surname of that ur "friend" and his village
Well you can’t compare such with English language.
Have you ever seen a Yoruba man bearing Benin name?
Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Sobasojek: 6:52pm On Oct 12, 2020
Etinosa1234:

ANybOdy Can PUt somEtHing oN wiki...
Tel me... U don put anything on wiki?

Goan put ur lie on wiki Na.... Dey deceive urself
Shows you aren’t intelligent for you to spew this nonsense.

Anyone can put anything on wikki. Go find put and stop arguing like you didn’t go to school
Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Etinosa1234: 6:59pm On Oct 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

I know the truth is a bitter pill. Benin is a small baby when compared to Oyo

Evidence is still there today as the central yoruba people speak today is Oyo yoruba even in Benin

Probably u are not educated...

Goan read Alaafin abiodun failed attempts to conquer nupe and borgu...

As at 1823 Dahomey made raids into ur kingdom

In fact tell me, why ur Empire shifted capital from Oyo Ile to ago d'oyo and Ibadan....
Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Etinosa1234: 7:00pm On Oct 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

Yes when u can Tel me the surname , village and morning greetings of ur "friend"

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Etinosa1234: 7:01pm On Oct 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

Shows you aren’t intelligent for you to spew this nonsense.

Anyone can put anything on wikki. Go find put and stop arguing like you didn’t go to school

Anyone can do it,but u cant .. does that mean any one can do it

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Sobasojek: 7:03pm On Oct 12, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Anyone can do it,but u cant .. does that mean any one can do it
Typical Benin youth with nothing upstairs

Instead of researching how wikki works, e Dey chase clout
Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Etinosa1234: 7:04pm On Oct 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

See ur dead brain logic

Benin person bearing Yoruba name makes them Yoruba but Yoruba person bearing English name doesn't make them English...

Guy u go stupid for real life oo grin wink cheesy
Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Sobasojek: 7:04pm On Oct 12, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Probably u are not educated...

Goan read Alaafin abiodun failed attempts to conquer nupe and borgu...

As at 1823 Dahomey made raids into ur kingdom

In fact tell me, why ur Empire shifted capital from Oyo Ile to ago d'oyo and Ibadan....
History can’t be changed

It’s already noted down that Ibadan warlords invaded Benin and took slaves from Benin palace

That’s the truth whether you like it or not

1 Like

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Sobasojek: 7:05pm On Oct 12, 2020
Etinosa1234:

See ur dead brain logic

Benin person bearing Yoruba name makes them Yoruba but Yoruba person bearing English name doesn't make them English...

Answer my question. Yes or no

Have you seen a Yoruba man bearing Benin name?
Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Etinosa1234: 7:06pm On Oct 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

Typical Benin youth with nothing upstairs

Instead of researching how wikki works, e Dey chase clout

Clearly assuming ur brain works... u'll see that wiki put references for every of their story... So u can point to the source of the information.. but as expected from a brain dead Yoruba mooslem.. they don't think

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Etinosa1234: 7:07pm On Oct 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

Answer my question. Yes or no

see my replies here
Etinosa1234:

See ur dead brain logic

Etinosa1234:

Yes when u can Tel me the surname , village and morning greetings of ur "friend"
Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Etinosa1234: 7:09pm On Oct 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

History can’t be changed

It’s already noted down that Ibadan warlords invaded Benin and took slaves from Benin palace

That’s the truth whether you like it or not

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Sobasojek: 7:11pm On Oct 12, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Clearly assuming ur brain works... u'll see that wiki put references for every of their story... So u can point to the source of the information.. but as expected from a brain dead Yoruba mooslem.. they don't think
Brain dead Benin youth just like the foolish oba of Benin

Reference means part of the source if not the main source

Still doesn’t make it right

Won’t blame you, all Benin youths i know are brain dead

Eleribu eleribuu eleribuuu
Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Sobasojek: 7:12pm On Oct 12, 2020
Etinosa1234:
see my replies here
Have you seen a Yoruba man bearing Benin name? olofo didan julo

1 Like

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Etinosa1234: 7:14pm On Oct 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

Have you seen a Yoruba man bearing Benin name? olofo didan julo
For some reason u cant read
Etinosa1234:

See ur dead brain logic

Etinosa1234:

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Sobasojek: 7:18pm On Oct 12, 2020
Etinosa1234:

For some reason u cant read
Answer my question first afofungbemu

Yes or no

1 Like

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Etinosa1234: 7:19pm On Oct 12, 2020
He has Benin friends
Sobasojek:

You’re the ones who doesn’t know what he’s saying

I have Benin friends who bear tosin, odetola and speak yoruba very well. Even your oba of Benin understands yoruba

Then he says Benin youth are brain dead but
Sobasojek:

Brain dead Benin youth just like the foolish oba of Benin

Reference means part of the source if not the main source

Still doesn’t make it right

Won’t blame you, all Benin youths i know are brain dead

Eleribu eleribuu eleribuuu

Since birds of the same feather flock together

Can we now accept that u are brain dead also

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 12, 2020
[quote author=Etinosa1234 post=94876534][/quote]
Lol, guy where u see this meme?
Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Etinosa1234: 7:21pm On Oct 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

Answer my question first afofungbemu

Yes or no
I Wonder how ur teacher manages u

Etinosa1234:

Etinosa1234:

See ur dead brain logic

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Etinosa1234: 7:22pm On Oct 12, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Lol, guy where u see this meme?

Na Twitter.. grin.
Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Sobasojek: 7:24pm On Oct 12, 2020
Etinosa1234:
He has Benin friends

Then he says Benin youth are brain dead but

Since birds of the same feather flock together

Can we now accept that u are brain dead also
I’m just trying to help them since i know you guys are all brain dead

The things Benin men know is cultism, armed robbery

While our Benin women are synonymous with prostitution
Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Etinosa1234: 7:24pm On Oct 12, 2020
How won't u know the surname of ur friend

Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Sobasojek: 7:25pm On Oct 12, 2020
Etinosa1234:

I Wonder how ur teacher manages u

Have you ever seen a Yoruba man bear Benin name?

Cultist, give me a yes or no answer
Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 12, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Na Twitter.. grin.
Lol.
This meme na bomb oooo
Re: Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful by Etinosa1234: 7:28pm On Oct 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

I’m just trying to help them since i know you guys are all brain dead

The things Benin men know is cultism, armed robbery

While our Benin women are synonymous with prostitution

See tears all in one post...

Pls who's our?

There is also skull mining in Ogun state... What have you done for it..... The Lagos prostitute are mainly Yoruba pple, where did u think pple know that Yoruba gals nor dey wash pant

I'm pretty sure that among ur brain dead friends, you are the brain dead one there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

African Woman Living In American / Should Onitsha Igbo Be Igbo Izugbe? / Pounded Yam Eulogy/ Oriki Iyan Ni Ede Abinibi.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.