Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,073 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

A Husband's Secret (married To A Cheetah) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Husband's Secret (married To A Cheetah) (4694 Views)

Married To An Atheist***Jessica Duru / Married To A Fink / Devil For A Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Husband's Secret (married To A Cheetah) by LipstickCrib(f): 4:29pm On Feb 19, 2021
Episode 15

�PAT

As Regina made to answer my burning questions, a call came into my phone. It was the police officer who was in charge of the investigation into Mabel's disappearance.

I received the greatest shock of my life when he told me that they have found her body which was buried in a shallow grave somewhere not too far from town. Father Lord!!! She was raped and shot dead. Who could have done such evil? Dave is going to be devastated when he hears this.

After I was done with the call, I returned to my conversation with Regina as I repeated my previous questions.

"I'm sorry ma but I can't say." She responded shaking her head.

"I promise, I won't hold it against you just tell me what you know please." I begged.

"Your husband has been Cheating on you with all the maids." She dropped the bombshell and my mouth dropped wide open as a little scream escaped my lips.

"And I overheard him telling his auntie about a house he's building." She continued. Oh no! I'm finished!! Who I'm I married to?

"This can't be true Regina, this can't be true." I yelled in tears.

"It's true ma, I once saw Naomi going into your bedroom and stayed there for so long before coming out." She added and my anger hit the roof immediately.

"Say no more Regina." I shouted as my voice collapsed into a whimper and buried my face on my desk bawling my eyes out.

After several minutes of consolation, Regina finally left my office and I sat there morose and defeated. I picked up my phone to call Kemi and tell her about this but quickly shook such thought off my mind.

This was primarily for two reasons. First of all; I'm too ashamed to tell her about the fact that my husband has been sleeping with my maids on my matrimonial bed and building a house behind my back. Does he plan to divorce me?

Secondly, the news will somehow find it's way back to Dave. And I don't want that.

Dave mustn't know about this until I'm ready for it. For now, there's no single shred of trust left.

I unlocked my phone which was still my hands and dialled my CSO's number. I need to know where my husband is building the house and also where he's getting the money from as well as every single place he goes to and the people he meets with.

The next person I should call is my cousin Lisa. She has the answers for everything emotional.

"So have they found the killers?" Dave asked and I shook my head.

Well, me and Dave are currently in the car heading home from work. I've just finished telling him about Mabel's death and his reaction is the opposite of what I had expected.

I'm presently doing my best job at acting. Faking smiles and telling jokes to Dave like nothing is wrong.

The man I built is hurting me, I have no choice but to return the favor.

�� Dave:

Pat told me about the police finding Mabel's corpse. This is so messed up. Kemi needs to hear about this.

I whipped out my phone and dialled her number. Thankfully, she picked up at the last ring.

"Kemi, listen the police have found Mabel's body." I announced as soon as the call connected.

"I don't know what you are talking about Dave." She said rather bluntly and hung up on me before I could say more. Good Lord! This girl is crazy!!

Two Days Later...

The sound of my phone ringing on the nightstand woke me up from sleep that morning. It was the contractor who's handling the building project calling. I looked at Pat's side of the bed but she was nowhere to be found.

He was calling to inform me that my house has been marked for demolition. Impossible!! There must be a mistake somewhere.

I rushed out of bed and quickly got ready to head out to the site. By the time I went downstairs, I found Pat busy arguing with someone on the phone. She was already dressed and ready to go to work. Where did she pass the night yesterday? because she didn't come upstairs to our room all through the previous night. Maybe she was downstairs working.

After greeting her with a wave of the hand, I rushed out of the house like a mad man and jumped into one of the cars heading straight to the site where the contractor and other workers were already waiting for me to show up.

"You seemed like you had a plane to catch in the morning." Pat said as she sat down on my large office table.

"Yeah, I Uhm, someone was waiting for me in Lekki." I replied with a little stutter and she gave me a nod. Thought she was going to ask further questions on who I was meeting with but surprisingly, she didn't. Is she suspecting anything? Does she even believe what I told her?

After discussing on a couple random topics, she returned to her office leaving me alone trapped in deep thoughts. I have to find out why my house has been marked for demolition and how to fix the issue. I can't fold my arms and allow my house to get pulled down.

�PAT

My CSO has done a great job in keeping constant taps on Dave's whereabouts and has been giving me a whole lot of updates.

In case you are wondering what I've been able to uncover, well you'll get to know in due time.

Right now, I've fired every single female staff in my household and hired guys to replace them. Like you'd guess, my ashawo of a husband was totally against the idea of hiring males to replace the ladies but who cares? It's my roof, my rules!

My desk phone rang and I picked up almost immediately. It was Rita calling to inform me of the auditor's presence outside my door.

The door opened and Ade the auditor walked in with a file in his hand.

"We're going down to bankruptcy in a year if we continue like this." He said as I went through the audit report back and forth shaking my head as I fought back tears. My company is sinking and I didn't even realize until now.

I picked up the account statement that Steve had sent to me a few days ago and went through it all over again and found the ridiculous amounts of money spent on useless things.

"Get the EFFC, have Steve arrested without raising any alarm." I ordered.

"Yes ma." Ade said and walked out of the office with his phone on his ear.

BROUGHT TO YOU BY A SLAYQUEENWRITES

Read Episode 16>>>>>>>>>>>

https://loverion.com.ng/a-husbands-secret-episode-16/
Re: A Husband's Secret (married To A Cheetah) by Ann2012(f): 7:06am On Feb 20, 2021
Dave is definitely going to lose everything

Thanks for the update
Re: A Husband's Secret (married To A Cheetah) by LipstickCrib(f): 7:38pm On Feb 20, 2021
EPISODE 16:

A Husband's Secret

�PAT:

"Hey sweetie." Dave greeted rather perfunctorily and gave me a little peck on the cheek as he walked into our bedroom.

"Evening babe." I responded adjusting myself on the bed. I've been feeling some discomfort in my belly all evening.

He looked pretty down as he silently took off his clothes and walked into the bathroom.

My phone started ringing as soon as he walked into the bathroom. It was my CSO calling.

I picked up and silently crept out of the room heading downstairs where I could answer the call more privately.

As expected, he had some valuable information for me on my WhatsApp. I quickly checked my WhatsApp and found a photo of Dave and Kemi hugging each other in a public place which looked like a hotel. It was not just some ordinary hug.

I ran up the stairs and back into our bedroom where I found his phone on the nightstand. I have never checked my husband's phone ever since we got married but right now, everything is different and he's given me no choice.

I listened closely to the sound of the shower running in the bathroom and quickly unlocked his phone heading straight to Whatsapp where I searched for Kemi's contact but found none so I decided to type in her number instead.

Her contact was saved as 'Paul' unbelievable! I entered her message thread and started going through their chats.

Ranging from nude photos to erotic videos and language, I saw it all! I wiped the tears that flowed down my face as I kept scrolling through the messages. Kemi has been sleeping with my husband for God knows how long and according to their conversations, he's responsible for her pregnancy.

As soon as I heard the shower cease, I quickly minimized the app locking the screen as I jumped back into the bed pretending to be asleep.

The bathroom door opened and closed again as Dave walked into the room and sat on the bed probably applying lotion or whatever he was doing. That was the last thing I remembered as I slowly dozed off with tears in my eyes.

I woke up in the middle of the night as I felt cramps on my abdomen. It felt like I was having menstrual cramps. Grabbing my hurting tummy with two hands, I tried to get out of bed as fresh tears filled my eyes. What's wrong with me?

My legs felt so weak as the pain kept on getting worse.

"Dave, Dave!" I called shaking him vigorously to wake up.

He turned round on the bed and sat up after switching on the bedside lamp.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he saw the tears in my eyes and I shook my head unable to say anything.

The sheets felt like they were soaked in water and I managed to uncover the blanket from my body and took a look at the spot I was lying on, I was bleeding. Even Dave was shocked as he jumped out of bed.

"The baby Dave, I'm losing the baby." I screamed in tears as realization set in and Dave lifted me off the bed and rushed out of the room running down the stairs.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what was happening to me. I'm losing my baby.

According to the doctor, there was something I'd taken earlier on which triggered the abortion.

I tried to recall everything I ate or drank that day.

Wait,wait, wait, wait, I drank a bottle of Pepsi at Kemi's shop today. Did she really poison my drink? There's no doubts that she's the one. Now I know that she's cheap, evil, petty and capable of anything.

I'm so going to put an end to her miserable existence on the face of the planet.

After a few days, I was discharged from the hospital and returned home feeling really pained. I'm going to exact full revenge on Dave and Kemi.

While I was in the hospital, Ade had told me about the EFCC's discovery. Steve confessed that Dave was the one who has been influencing the account statement preparation over the years. He's been diverting company funds for personal use. Thirty seven million naira has not been accounted for.

"Girlfriend, how are you feeling?" Kemi asked touching my forehead. Honestly, I felt like grabbing her neck and choking the life out of her. But murder is the last thing I'll ever think of committing.

"How does it look like I'm feeling? I mean I just lost a baby." I rapped sounding furious.

"Calm down girl, I'm sure you'll get pregnant again. Don't kill yourself with worry. Just relax your mind." She advised and I flicked her a bitter smile. Kemi is a hypocrite. Listen to her advising me on how to live my life. Well for starters, I'll have to ruin her's a bit.

"I'm thinking about doing a giveaway on Instagram." I said instead which kinda surprised her.

"What type of giveaway are we talking about here?" She asked curiously.

"Uhm, a wig giveaway perhaps." I replied with a casual shrug and she smiled a bit knowing that she'll be the one to supply all the wigs.

"How many units are we talking about here?"

"About a hundred units of long curly fringe wigs. Make it 5 million naira. That's my budget." Which also happens to be more than half of the money she is doing business with.

"Okay, so when is the giveaway starting?"

"In two weeks."

"Okay fine, I'll order go order for extensions so I can start working on them."

"And I'll get you your cash as soon as the products are delivered."

"That one isn't a problem dear. I know you're more than capable. I'll have to be on my way then so I could get everything in place." She said standing up to take her leave after giving me a warm hug that felt so real. She's going to see pepper in a few days.

�� Dave

I came home from work early today and found my wife asleep on the couch. She hasn't been at work ever since she came home from the hospital.

Losing our first baby together has really left her terribly heartbroken.

"Sweetie, I'm home." I said as I tried waking her up.

"You're back." She said yawning and stretching on the couch. Her eyes looked puffy apparently from crying for days now.

"Yeah let's go upstairs so you can rest up." I spoke with genuine concern for her.

"Okay, have you had dinner?" She asked as she stood up supporting herself on my arm.

"I just stepped in. Where's June?"

"At her grandmother's house." She responded tiredly as we made our way up the stairs.

My phone vibrated and I checked the screen to find out that it's Kemi calling.

"I'll be with you in a second." I told Pat and she gave me a little nod walking into the bedroom.

"What is it this time K?" I blurted out angrily.

"Can you just give me a two million naira loan? I promise to pay you back in two weeks." She demanded firmly making me even angrier.

"Did you give me any money to keep for you uhn?"

"I said I'll pay you back in two weeks abeg. Just do a transfer or something. I want to place an order tonight." She continued rudely.

"I don't have any money for..."

"Listen, I'm carrying your child Dave, don't talk to me like I'm some side chick. Just send me the money tonight." She rapped and ended the call.

I sighed defeatedly and pressed on my banking app. After inputting my pin, I tried sending her one million but got an error message that all transactions have been blocked on my account. Impossible!!

Heading straight to my call log, I dialled my account manager's number and he shocked me when he informed me that my account has been freezed by the EFCC. Wha

I stormed into the bedroom and found Pat applying some lotion on her face. She only looked towards the door for a split second and returned to what she was doing.

"The EFCC froze my account. Do you know anything about this?" I asked standing akimbo.

"No I don't. It must be a mistake." She responded sounding like she wasn't a bit concerned about it.

"So what do I do now?" I asked in panic.

"Tomorrow morning you call the bank and I'll help you call the EFCC. Satisfied?"

I stood there looking at her speechlessly as the thoughts of why the EFCC would be on to me flashed through my mind and the fact that it's happening at the same time that Steve has been absent from work for about two weeks now and is nowhere to be found either.

After several minutes, I finally gathered enough strength to walk out of the room. I need to get some fresh air or I might kill myself. I mean why all this problems now? First it was my house getting marked, now this. Good Lord, help me.

Read Episode 17>>>>>>>>>

https://loverion.com.ng/a-husbands-secret-episode-17/
Re: A Husband's Secret (married To A Cheetah) by xaviercasmir(m): 8:13pm On Feb 20, 2021
Dave never see anything. Nice work. Keep it up

1 Like

Re: A Husband's Secret (married To A Cheetah) by LipstickCrib(f): 8:51pm On Feb 23, 2021
xaviercasmir:
Dave never see anything. Nice work. Keep it up
thanks for your feedback.
Re: A Husband's Secret (married To A Cheetah) by LipstickCrib(f): 8:59pm On Feb 23, 2021
FINAL EPISODE:

I somehow rushed the ending of the story for some reasons but all the same, I'm glad I ended it on a good note. Thanks for taking time to read till the end. XOXOXO

�� Dave

Kemi kept disturbing me so I decided to slip her number into blacklist. Whew!

I may have had a little too much to drink last night just so I could kill the frustration that I was going through. Pat woke me up in the bar the next morning telling me to go and get ready for work. It was just a few minutes past seven.

My problems all returned to me as soon as I flicked my eyes open. I need to go to the bank and see what I can do about my account first before I go to work. No, maybe I should have the manager meet me instead.

I stood up staggering slightly and slowly ascended the stairs with Pat following behind. I was still wearing the clothes which I wore to work yesterday. Good Lord! I'm such a mess.

While I was having breakfast, I quickly went through my emails and WhatsApp messages to see if there was anything that I needed to attend to.

There were about fifteen messages from Kemi cursing and calling me names because I didn't get her the money she demanded for. I decided to leave her on read since I didn't have any answer ready for her. She's just being ungrateful and mannerless.

To worsen matters, my wife told me that she will also be coming to the office. I had to use all my persuasive skills to discourage her from doing so today.

I got on the road and arrived at the location of my meeting with the bank manager who happened to be a very pretty young thing. I paid little attention to her flirtatious smiles and she promised to look into the issue.

�PAT

I know there must be a ton of questions piled up for me. First of all, from the investigations of the EFCC following Steve's arrest, he confessed that Dave is the one who is in possession of all the diverted funds and they had to freeze his account and effect his arrest soon.

As for Kemi, the so called best friend of mine, I'm planning something big for her tonight. I just got off the phone with her and she told me that she's just received the extensions  she'll be using to make the wigs for my giveaway. Everything is in the shop. Excellent! My plans have all fallen in place.

My phone started ringing and I realized that it was one of the police officers who are handling the investigation into Mabel's death calling. They've arrested her killer based on the information of an anonymous eye witness who saw when he dumped her body in the shallow grave. God! How can people be this heartless?

The motive behind the murder was just because he was paid to do it by someone who he has refused to mention. This is really terrible!! I felt so disturbed by the news that I had to go out to the balcony of the third floor and get some air. It's a cruel world we live in.

Two Days Later...

�� Dave

So far so good, I'm still a free man as the EFCC have not come knocking on my door though my account is still freezed. One of the director's that my wife helped me to contact promised to have it rectified in a few days as it must be some sort of mistake.

Also, Kemi has stopped disturbing me and I have not made any attempts to even contact her. My auntie on the other hand has started troubliing me for her daughter's school fees again. I will have to ask Pat for some money one of these days.

It was the sound of Pat's phone ringing that woke me up from sleep in the middle of the night as I turned frustratedly on the bed sitting up. I shook her vigorously to wake up but she wouldn't budge. Who the heck is calling at this time of the night?

It was Kemi! What does she want from my wife at this hour?

I picked up the call and my heart sank as I heard her wailing on the other end of the phone.

"What is going on Kemi?" I yelled in panic.

"My shop is gone. Everything has burned down Dave. I couldn't even get anything out. My business is gone, my life savings is gone. I'm finished Dave!" She wailed at the top of her lungs.

Pat finally woke up as she heard Kemi's voice over the phone since I'd put her on speaker.

"What's happening?" She queried sounding like she was annoyed.

"Kemi's shop is burning." I announced and her reaction surprised me.

"So? Is that why you put her speaker so she could disturb my sleep?" She continued and snatched the phone from my hand ending the call and going back to sleep.

"Pat what did you do that for?" I asked in fright.

"Just go to sleep Dave." She responded in a husky voice and started snoring pretending to be asleep. Now this is scary! Why is she behaving like this towards her best friend of all people?

Fast forward to the next morning which happened to be a Saturday, I woke up early and went to console Kemi at her house since Pat refused to go with me.

I found her sitting on the floor bawling her eyes out with Gabe holding her tight and trying to calm her down. Unlike other times, I wasn't jealous with the way he was holding her, in fact, I cared less at that point.

"How did it happen?" I asked after I'd taken a seat.

"I was asleep last night when a call on my phone woke me up that the fire service were trying to kill flames coming from my shop. I quickly got to the shop only to find everything turned to ashes. The worst part is that I took a loan a few days back to buy extensions to make wigs for your wife, now everything is gone." She explained before breaking down in to tears.

As she was about saying something else, the front door opened and Pat stormed in angrily wearing all black followed by two of her security men.

"Hello Family or should I say snakes." She said firmly stressing every single word before dramatically taking off her dark shades.

I was shocked beyond measure at her statement as I swallowed nervously.

"What do you mean Pat?" Kemi managed to voice out.

"Oh shut up Kemi, you murderer!" She yelled angrily.

"Oh you thought I don't know that you're the one who killed my unborn child?" She screamed holding her belly as tears ran down her face.

"I'm not as wicked as you are Kemi. At least I only burned down the shop." She said with an evil laugh.

"What are you talking about Pat?" I asked in shock.

"As for you Gabe, you're just so ungrateful after all I've done for you, you stood with your brother and pulled the wool over my eyes. And you David, you're a cheat, a liar and a heartless monster." She ranted and gave me a sly smile placing her phone on her ear. Oh Lord, she knew about everything all this while?

The front door opened again and men wearing EFCC and police vests stormed into the room with Steve and one other guy in hand cuffs. Now I'm scared.

"What is going on here?" Gabriel and I asked simultaneously.

"You're under arrest David Arinze for money laundering, advance fee fraud and multiple counts of corruption." One of the EFCC officials said handcuffing me and I looked at Pat and Steve who was badly beaten and bruised.

"It's over for you Dave. All this is on you 419." She spat out with a smirk.

They also handcuffed Gabriel and Kemi after also stating their own charges. We all cried and begged for her mercy which she was not ever considering to offer. The other guy turned out to be the person who Kemi contracted to murder Mabel.

We're done for! I'm done for!! The officers dragged us out of the house ignoring all our pleas and threw us into their car taking us to the station. There's no doubt, we're all going to rot in prison for ever messing with someone like Pat.

One Year Later....

� PAT

My people, trust no one. I've learned that the hard way.

At least in my case, I've been able to live through hell and tell others about it.

As for the scammers and muderers that I'd surrounded myself with, they're all in prison now. Dave's family members started sending petty threats so I had to relocate to another estate after they'd signed an undertaking never to bother me again.

And guess what, me and June's Dad have decided to get back together since I'm no longer married to Dave. I'm now Patricia Kanayo again.

Bayo (June's Dad) and I broke up because he insisted on going abroad for an advanced educational course against my wish.

When he heard that I'd gotten married which I did to spite him, he refused to return to Nigeria so he would never have to face me but still called once in a while to know how his daughter was doing.

As soon as he heard that I was no longer married, he decided to come back home and continue from where we left off in our relationship.

The saying is sure; what's meant to be is gonna be. Right now, I'm planning a wedding with the man I love, my baby daddy himself, my first love not to please or anger anyone but because he is the one that I wanna wake up next to for the rest of my life.

Read all of my completed stories here>>>>>

https://loverion.com.ng/completed-stories/

2 Likes

Re: A Husband's Secret (married To A Cheetah) by xaviercasmir(m): 9:57pm On Feb 23, 2021
Wow nice ending.

1 Like

Re: A Husband's Secret (married To A Cheetah) by LipstickCrib(f): 3:38pm On Feb 24, 2021
xaviercasmir:
Wow nice ending.

thanks for reading till the end, I've started a new story already check out the first episode on my blog.
Re: A Husband's Secret (married To A Cheetah) by LipstickCrib(f): 4:51pm On Feb 24, 2021
Hey Guys, thanks for reading this story.

Check out my latest story:

https://loverion.com.ng/mummys-gateman-episode-1/
Re: A Husband's Secret (married To A Cheetah) by Ann2012(f): 4:52pm On Feb 24, 2021
Interesting

Thanks for sharing
Re: A Husband's Secret (married To A Cheetah) by LipstickCrib(f): 4:43pm On Feb 27, 2021
Ann2012:
Interesting

Thanks for sharing

You're welcome friend <3

1 Like

Re: A Husband's Secret (married To A Cheetah) by LipstickCrib(f): 11:24am On Mar 01, 2021
my ongoing story >> Mummy's Gateman
find it at
https://loverion.com.ng/mummys-gateman-episode-1

(1) (2) (Reply)

House Of Scandals (the Complete Story) / HEART CODE By Ele / Nigeria's Military Coup Culture 1966-1976 - A Book Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.