Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers (47759 Views)

Ayade Approves N30,000 Monthly Salary For 8,000 Youths / Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) / Buhari Approves N73bn Road Project For Lagos, Okays Dangote As Contractor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by dangotesmummy: 3:11pm On Oct 05, 2020
Goodlucknigeria:
I expected same thing to be applied to Lecturers in Public Universities.
lmaoo assu and nasu still dey fight government, you con talk say lecturers grin

You think say government like lecturers? cheesy

With all the insults lecturers hurl on government cheesy

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by emmmyN: 3:12pm On Oct 05, 2020
Increasing years of service from 35 to 40 is counterproductive when the age of retirement remains pegged at 60. How many 20years old Nigerians are even done with school, much more securing an employment?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by symbianDON(m): 3:15pm On Oct 05, 2020
SilverNorGold:
Wow.. When we tell them Buhari cares about the masses, they'll call us zombies.

When we tell them that Buhari has the interests of Nigerians at heart, they'll hurl all manner of insults at us...

When we tell them that Buhari is the messiah sent by God to rescue Nigeria, they'll condemn us...

But the facts will always be there.. The truth can NEVER be hidden.

God bless the People's President.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
which BUHARI is this you are referring to Bros?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by Comedian2019: 3:16pm On Oct 05, 2020
This is commendable if it's true. I don't trust APC. They can change like chameleon.
Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by Comedian2019: 3:18pm On Oct 05, 2020
Techm0:
As good as this is, it's for only federal government teachers
State governors should also do so.
Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 05, 2020
Antibot5:

"despite inheriting security crisis and massive debts from the previous administrations"

And he keeps on borrowing.. I don't support any party.

In all ramifications he has failed.

We are number 3 in the list for terrorism. https://tradingeconomics.com/country-list/terrorism-index

Last time I checked, Nigeria wasn't in number 1-5 in 2014 on the world list of countries hit by terrorism so how come now?

When you catch terrorist, you rehabilitate them then release them into the society, who does that? Supposed the world leaders would be laughing at us by now.

Everyone is ridiculing this country.. both small and big.

He's comparing us with saudi arabia.. meanwhile the minimum wage is over 300,000.. does that show someone who has a plan for you? With a minimum wage of 30,000?

My brother, talk truth for once o.. 2014 was the worst, not 2018 or 2019 or 2020.. You don't even need anyone to tell you this. It's evident.

Regarding the rehabilitation of Terrorists, let's be honest with ourselves.. Boko Haram invades a village, kills father, kills mother right in the front of their children, and kidnaps the children who are later conscripted into the group. The Christians are forced to accept Islam and the daughters rapped to the point of death.

Now these children miraculously escape from the den of the terrorists and surrender to the army. If you were the President, would you exterminate them? Would you be that heartless to murder them for something they were forced into?

Please let's allow fairness, justice and empathy prevail.

President Mohammadu Buhari is doing his best to ensure that the innocent do not suffer for offenses they were forced to commit, through invasion and at the point of death.

God bless us all.

Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by Antibot5: 3:22pm On Oct 05, 2020
SilverNorGold:

My brother, talk truth for once o.. 2014 was the worst, not 2018 or 2019 or 2020.. You don't even need anyone to tell you this. It's evident.

Regarding the rehabilitation of Terrorists, let's be honest with ourselves.. Boko Haram invades a village, kills father, kills mother right in the front of their children, and kidnaps the children who later conscripted into the group. The Christians are forced to accept Islam and the daughters rapped to the point of death.

Now these children miraculously escapes from the den of the terrorists and surrenders to the army. If you were the President, would you exterminate them? Would you be that heartless to murder them for something they were forced into?

Please let's allow fairness, justice and empathy prevail.

President Mohammadu Buhari is doing his best to ensure that the innocent do not suffer for offenses they were forced to commit, through invasion and at the point of death.

God bless us all.

The children miraculously escaped?? Hahah wow! I heard a new gist today.

God bless us all.

If you're living very fine in this administration, I go like be like you ooo

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by Omooba77: 3:25pm On Oct 05, 2020
SmartProf:
Very commendable. These guys don't need to be told each time that their phantom reward is in heaven, at least let them have their bit of blessings in Nigeria since they are the foundation of literacy in every society. Hopefully the full implementation of this nice gesture is as quick as how fuel price hike implementation happens. This good gesture is likely to be enjoyed by teachers in govt schools only cos the privately owned schools are known for slave contracts for their teachers.

Very commendable sir, but how will governors that couldnt pay the minimum wage pay the new structure?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 05, 2020
Antibot5:

God bless us all.

My brother, we are all struggling.. That's the sacrifice we have to pay if we want Nigeria to be like the US and other developed countries. Citizens of these countries also paid the price.

May God continue to guide and protect us. May he also grant us the wisdom to function as responsible and patriotic citizens

Amen.
Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by Omooba77: 3:26pm On Oct 05, 2020
Antibot5:

God bless us all.

Reason we must teach history in Schools!
Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by Antibot5: 3:28pm On Oct 05, 2020
SilverNorGold:

My brother, we are all struggling.. That's the sacrifice we have to pay if we want Nigeria to be like the US and other developed countries. Citizens of these countries also paid the price.

May God continue to guide and protect us. May he also grant us the wisdom to function as responsible and patriotic citizens

Amen.

Amen Mr Pedro grin
Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by yultater: 3:28pm On Oct 05, 2020
Brandstudio01:
Commendable, but not until they extend it to others who need the government support.

Please , I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up.
Pay on Delivery

fraudster
Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by SmartProf(m): 3:30pm On Oct 05, 2020
Omooba77:

Very commendable sir, but how will governors that couldnt pay the minimum wage pay the new structure?
Well, you have a point but it's one thing at a time. Their union will now take up the responsibility to engage state governors who are unwilling to implement this...most times these engagements and likely solidarity actions (e.g strikes), are useful tools to get govt at all levels comply.
Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 05, 2020
Antibot5:

God bless us all.

Omooba77:

Reason we must teach history in Schools!

My brothers, I am not cooking things up, I know that's what you are thinking..

These happened and still happen.. Though not only children are kidnapped and forced into the group, adults too are victims.

These guys are forced into a group against their will. They escape and surrender to the government. Government decides to rehabilitate them. I don't see why we should be angry.

The real killers are being murdered on a daily basis by our gallant soldiers. That doesn't mean they shouldn't rescue the innocent victims of Boko Haram.

God go help us.

Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by Slurity(m): 3:37pm On Oct 05, 2020
Techm0:

I think your English teacher should be removed from any pay rise because you have a rather poor comprehension skills

Just as I said in my first, and second comment and you failed to understand

It is Good but doesn't affect 90% plus of teachers

I understood your message and this is just an argument here which you don't have to start using derogatory languages on me.
I agree with you, you win. I think this will make me escape another insult.
Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by Omooba77: 3:39pm On Oct 05, 2020
SmartProf:

Well, you have a point but it's one thing at a time. Their union will now take up the responsibility to engage state governors who are unwilling to implement this...most times these engagements and likely solidarity actions (e.g strikes), are useful tools to get govt at all levels comply.

When some states like The State of Osun were paying half salaries..
Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by SmartProf(m): 3:40pm On Oct 05, 2020
Omooba77:

When some states like The State of Osun were paying half salaries..
grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by Savemylife: 3:43pm On Oct 05, 2020
Abuhyman1:
Get your FLUTTER WAVE POS at an affordable price and unprecedented charge rate.

CHARGES: withdrawal: 0.5%
Transfer: # 20

For more information hello this number on WhatsApp : 08179371170

How much and ur location?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by bewla(m): 3:45pm On Oct 05, 2020
Freestainworld:
special salary indeed
I smell a thomo
Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by Stakekay1(m): 3:49pm On Oct 05, 2020
This is complete scam, how many Teachers will benefit from the extension? Except those that where employed when they are exactly 20 years, they will retire at 60 yrs. What will be worth celebrating is their retirement age increased from 60yrs to 65 yrs. All the promise to the Nigerian Teacher by Adamu Adamu is Audio.
Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by sammysneh(m): 3:50pm On Oct 05, 2020
ubecharles:
Audio salary increase Audio SARS ban
Exactly, but of ASUU wen will dey resolve the issue with dem
Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by meetcharles: 3:55pm On Oct 05, 2020
SpecTTraP:

When will you substitute this with something else?

Why should he?
Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by MrEgghead(m): 3:55pm On Oct 05, 2020
Goodlucknigeria:
I expected same thing to be applied to Lecturers in Public Universities.
Lecturers already have.
Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 05, 2020
Salary increase my arse, down the line this story will go ghost mode.
Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by RPG2020(m): 4:05pm On Oct 05, 2020
35 to 40 a month?
Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by Jman06(m): 4:24pm On Oct 05, 2020
And the teachers didn't go on strike to achieve this feat o, unlike the overrated teachers in ASUU that believe they must suffer students by going on incessant strikes before they can get the government do things for them.

Kudos to Buhari on this one!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by merieam16(f): 4:30pm On Oct 05, 2020
iLUCID:
Congrats to government teachers nationwide, I’m sure those extra 5 years would mean a lot to them.
instead of them to reduce it, they increased it. How will they recruit fresh graduate if those old people are not retired. smh for dis country sumtimes
Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by Eagle360(m): 4:40pm On Oct 05, 2020
Adesina will denied this good News soon
Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by Josywhyte: 4:55pm On Oct 05, 2020
New salary structure that we don't know the amount. Before u know now dem go begin pay teachers 35k still call improved salary or new salary structure. We dey wait sha
Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by mofebosola(m): 5:04pm On Oct 05, 2020
This would have been a very laudable step by government if only the policy is well thought of and back by realistic measures. For example, who pays teachers' salaries - State and/or Local government. Is there an increase in allocation to these tiers of government?
The last minimum wage increase is still creating serious upheavls is many states and local government. Here is the Federal Government making another provocative increment pronuncement.
Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 05, 2020
No Matter How Bad A Person Is, There Are People Who Still Believe He Is Good.
Re: Buhari Approves Special Salary For Teachers by don89(m): 5:27pm On Oct 05, 2020
Audio increase indeed ,that was how he increased police salary on the pages of newspaper until now, nothing .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani / Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) / New Cabinet List: Akpabio, Aregbesola, Ambode May Get Seats, Presidency Explains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.