Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,421 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

My Cucumber Farm Dairy - Agriculture (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cucumber Farm Dairy (118436 Views)

My Profitable Cucumber Farm . / First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by REUBEN010(m): 8:54am On May 28, 2023
Chidiebubeoji:

Hmm maybe. A few stands from different part of the farm just droop their leaves and start dying off.
It mostly affected the smaller ones.

I mixed NPK and urea and applied at exactly 5cm I think to all.

But now that the plants are taller, l haven't seen any more new droops.

What do you think?

Urea is the culprit. I only apply urea through fertigation. My fear of urea no be small.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Chidiebubeoji: 11:46am On May 28, 2023
REUBEN010:

Urea is the culprit. I only apply urea through fertigation. My fear of urea no be small.
Yeah, I thought so too
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by FarmTech(m): 2:15pm On May 28, 2023
Chidiebubeoji:

Hmm maybe. A few stands from different part of the farm just droop their leaves and start dying off.
It mostly affected the smaller ones.

I mixed NPK and urea and applied at exactly 5cm I think to all.

But now that the plants are taller, l haven't seen any more new droops.

What do you think?
I dont use urea. Maybe that's the cause. Next time apply farther away.
How much is urea?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Chidiebubeoji: 1:34am On May 29, 2023
FarmTech:

I dont use urea. Maybe that's the cause. Next time apply farther away.
How much is urea?
Sure. thanks
I bought two paints at N2500 each (5k)
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by EricBraven: 7:09am On May 30, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
I always plant greengo f1. I sold 10k flat today.
alright, Thanks
I noticed the leave of the cucumber turning yellow as it germinates, while some are wrinkled is there any reason for that ? I by the way I planted one semin. something variety. When spraying fungicide can I spray on the plant?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:33am On May 30, 2023
mustybay:
. Like how many sachet of greengo seeds would plant 3 plot of land?
let me say 3 sachet.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:35am On May 30, 2023
EricBraven:
alright, Thanks
I noticed the leave of the cucumber turning yellow as it germinates, while some are wrinkled is there any reason for that ? I by the way I planted one semin. something variety. When spraying fungicide can I spray on the plant?
sure you can spray fungicide. You can as well attach picture for us to see maybe it Downy mildew or it has to do with water or nutrient.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:37am On May 30, 2023
I sold 7.5k-7k this morning...

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by EricBraven: 11:04am On May 30, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
sure you can spray fungicide. You can as well attach picture for us to see maybe it Downy mildew or it has to do with water or nutrient.
why is this happening and what can I use

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Aquadude16: 11:24am On May 30, 2023
EricBraven:
Explain better
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 11:28am On May 30, 2023
EricBraven:
give it seven days more, I think it will overcome the yellowish....do you have another old cukes around there?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by EricBraven: 1:01pm On May 30, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
give it seven days more, I think it will overcome the yellowish....do you have another old cukes around there?
Nope they were all planted the same time, I think something is eating the leaves

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by FarmTech(m): 5:29pm On May 30, 2023
Chidiebubeoji:

Sure. thanks
I bought two paints at N2500 each (5k)
Thanks.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Aquadude16: 6:14pm On May 30, 2023
EricBraven:

Nope they were all planted the same time, I think something is eating the leaves
Nothing is wrong with your cuke bro.
Just spray the surrounding with a lil conc insecticide, make sure it does touch your seedlings
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by EricBraven: 6:56pm On May 30, 2023
Aquadude16:

Just spray the surrounding with a lil conc insecticide, make sure it does touch your seedlings
Alright
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by mcyemite(m): 6:28pm On May 31, 2023
Hello everyone,I'm planning to plant cucumber after my tomato is done this month,during my cucumber market survey,I realized the dark green cucumber isn't really the favourite in my area..they prefer the lighter ones...

From what I've learnt from this thread,I can see greengo is the king here,but unfortunately it's dark green,pls I would like to know what other variety is a good as greengo but not dark green..

Below is a picture of the variety most sellers have

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Omonaijani: 9:17pm On May 31, 2023
mcyemite:
Hello everyone,I'm planning to plant cucumber after my tomato is done this month,during my cucumber market survey,I realized the dark green cucumber isn't really the favourite in my area..they prefer the lighter ones...

From what I've learnt from this thread,I can see greengo is the king here,but unfortunately it's dark green,pls I would like to know what other variety is a good as greengo but not dark green..

The variety you have in this pic is African Giant by Thai agro, where is your location?

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Cocoboms(m): 1:03am On Jun 01, 2023
This cucumber looks like Cu999 from Thai Agro

mcyemite:

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Cocoboms(m): 1:04am On Jun 01, 2023
Please any farmer here in Awka axis? Kindly indicate. Thanks
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by mcyemite(m): 12:06pm On Jun 01, 2023
Omonaijani:

The variety you have in this pic is African Giant by Thai agro, where is your location?
Ota Ogun state.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Omonaijani: 4:25pm On Jun 01, 2023
mcyemite:

Ota Ogun state.
Yes, from your location in Ota, down to the main markets in Lagos, CU99 (now African giant) sells more than other varieties, the only thing is the dark green cucs sell at higher prices of like N1500 or N2000, but the fact that the African giant variety sells more than them means it's the most chosen in these axis.
Another thing you should know is that African Giant compensates for the short fall in price by producing more fruits for you, also a bag is filled up with fewer number of cucumbers because of it's bigger size compared to the dark green types with the exception of Deawy by eastwest.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by oyinlekan1: 6:19pm On Jun 02, 2023
mcyemite:

Ota Ogun state.
please confirm very well before you plant.
am in Ilaro, Ogun State and the only thing they want is Deep green, most south west state accept deep green compare to others.
but if you are sure of the colour you can go for saira f1 very strong cucumber but not deep green.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:00pm On Jun 02, 2023
Farmtech this guy Orwasen has begins his spamming this year again. Pls do something to his moniker!
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:02pm On Jun 02, 2023
mcyemite:

Be sure before you plant it 🤔..go to market you intend selling!

2 Likes

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by mcyemite(m): 11:14am On Jun 03, 2023
Pls is the 200 cell seedling tray suitable for cucumber nursery ?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 3:41pm On Jun 03, 2023
mcyemite:
Pls is the 200 cell seedling tray suitable for cucumber nursery ?
good for cucumber but not advisable for tomato. I sold 10 and 9k today.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Chidiebubeoji: 2:05pm On Jun 04, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
good for cucumber but not advisable for tomato. I sold 10 and 9k today.
How many cell tray then for tomato sir?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by clinician2x: 8:39am On Jun 06, 2023
Aquadude16:

I need to buy insecticide. U get sure plug. For my compound in the village mosquito is everywhere u can't sit out to chill
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Aquadude16: 3:16pm On Jun 06, 2023
clinician2x:

I need to buy insecticide. U get sure plug. For my compound in the village mosquito is everywhere u can't sit out to chill
Sniper or ddforce
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by clinician2x: 5:04pm On Jun 06, 2023
Aquadude16:

Sniper or ddforce

Anyone in large quantity
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:26am On Jun 07, 2023
I sold 11k flat this morning...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (72) (Reply)

Quality Bulldozer Land Clearing Service Nationwide. Reliable services. / 10 Leading Farms In Nigeria, Their Owners / The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.