Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

My Cucumber Farm Dairy - Agriculture (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cucumber Farm Dairy (118280 Views)

My Profitable Cucumber Farm . / First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Chidiebubeoji: 3:37pm On Oct 21, 2023
johnnyblaze424:
My ogas in the house..... Does anyone have practical experience planting cucumber on wetland (called AKURO in South West)
I have access to a large expanse of wetland that can only be utilized during DRY season, dec-march.
I'd love to learn from those who have successfully planted cucumber on such land before
*MODIFIED*

Wetland? Never heard of this. Does it mean the land is always wet?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by johnnyblaze424: 6:02pm On Oct 21, 2023
Chidiebubeoji:

Wetland? Never heard of this. Does it mean the land is always wet?
During raining season, yes.
But the water recedes during dry season

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by kirn(m): 6:34am On Nov 01, 2023
Everywhere in this house Sileeeeent.
Na dry season cos am ?

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Chidiebubeoji: 11:37pm On Nov 01, 2023
kirn:
Everywhere in this house Sileeeeent.

Na dry season cos am ?
😂
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by opes: 4:40pm On Nov 04, 2023
FarmTech:

Yes. But rotate it with others like saaf and hexaconazole-mancozeb

I will rotate the mancozeb + Metalaxyl fungicide with another with Mancozeb + Azoxystrobin as active ingredient. These are what i can get around me. Regarding insecticides, am starting with Belt expert (flubendiamide and thiacloprid), then later with Blaze (Emamectin benzoate). Pls, help with the dosage rate of the belt expert per 15 litres watee, 0.15L/Ha was only written on the bottle. Thanks
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by opes: 12:37am On Nov 05, 2023
FarmTech:

Yes. But rotate it with others like saaf and hexaconazole-mancozeb

Additionally please. When should I start applying insecticide after transplanting? I only transplanted on Friday.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Chidiebubeoji: 3:10pm On Nov 05, 2023
opes:

Additionally please. When should I start applying insecticide after transplanting? I only transplanted on Friday.
Same thing I also want to confirm. I usually start my pesticide spraying at day 10, the day I also start fertilization.
Is it too early? or FarmTech, Farmerakinloye6 what do you think sir?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by ideepaul: 6:24pm On Nov 05, 2023
opes:

I will rotate the mancozeb + Metalaxyl fungicide with another with Mancozeb + Azoxystrobin as active ingredient. These are what i can get around me. Regarding insecticides, am starting with Belt expert (flubendiamide and thiacloprid), then later with Blaze (Emamectin benzoate). Pls, help with the dosage rate of the belt expert per 15 litres watee, 0.15L/Ha was only written on the bottle. Thanks
0.15L per hectare is dependent on the crop type and disease pressure
Qty of water to use per hectare also depends on the type of sprayer used and is btw 60-200L
But I think btw 10 per knapsack is ok, 15ml max

2 Likes

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by ideepaul: 6:28pm On Nov 05, 2023
johnnyblaze424:

During raining season, yes.
But the water recedes during dry season
Some people in my state cultivate pepper, okro, and cucumber in these wetlands and according to them, the crops do better. But you may need to consult with farmers who have experience growing crops in these soil types so you don't run into loses due to ignorant decisions

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by opes: 6:37pm On Nov 05, 2023
ideepaul:

0.15L per hectare is dependent on the crop type and disease pressure
Qty of water to use per hectare also depends on the type of sprayer used and is btw 60-200L
But I think btw 10 per knapsack is ok, 15ml max

Thank you. I just transplanted last Friday but saw insects on the leaves already. Am starting with belt expert insecticide, maybe I should use 7.5ml per knapsack because of the age, then later increase to 10, later 15. Please advise. Thanks
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by johnnyblaze424: 11:21am On Nov 06, 2023
ideepaul:

Some people in my state cultivate pepper, okro, and cucumber in these wetlands and according to them, the crops do better. But you may need to consult with farmers who have experience growing crops in these soil types so you don't run into loses due to ignorant decisions

Thanks man
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 06, 2023
Nice work 👏
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by FarmTech(m): 9:02pm On Nov 07, 2023
opes:

Normally it is 400L of water per ha. So 3ml in 8L water or 6ml in 15L. Try this and see if there is need to increase to 10ml.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by FarmTech(m): 9:03pm On Nov 07, 2023
opes:

If pest is much, you can start immediately they start germinating to protect the new leaves from damage.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by opes: 9:18pm On Nov 07, 2023
FarmTech:

Normally it is 400L of water per ha. So 3ml in 8L water or 6ml in 15L. Try this and see if there is need to increase to 10ml.

Thank you. I used 7.5ml and applied yesterday. Even with the fact that it rained early this morning, it was effective.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Chidiebubeoji: 1:24pm On Nov 08, 2023
FarmTech:

If pest is much, you can start immediately they start germinating to protect the new leaves from damage.
Sir please, do you think seedlings can handle systemic pesticides? Or will have negative impact on crops.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by FarmTech(m): 8:12pm On Nov 09, 2023
Chidiebubeoji:

Sir please, do you think seedlings can handle systemic pesticides? Or will have negative impact on crops.
They can handle it.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Chidiebubeoji: 1:28pm On Nov 10, 2023
FarmTech:

They can handle it.

Ok. Thank you
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by johnnyblaze424: 10:24pm On Nov 12, 2023
Pls can anyone recommend a reliable irrigation accessories seller.
Ibadan will be most preferred.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Chidiebubeoji: 9:39am On Nov 13, 2023
FarmTech:

They can handle it.

Please, do you experience root zone shrinking and then plant dies? What's the cause? Thanks
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by REUBEN010(m): 7:32pm On Nov 13, 2023
johnnyblaze424:

Have you checked with Solokad at Ogunpa market?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by okoroemeka(m): 7:37pm On Nov 13, 2023
johnnyblaze424:
2000 m drip,with double emitter,0.3 mm thickness and 30 cm spacing available with lay flat and accessories,it was used for just one crop cy cle,still like brand new,can do payment after delivery so you can confirm before paying, interested parties should call/WhatsApp 0811+9942+049 for more information
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by johnnyblaze424: 8:13pm On Nov 13, 2023
REUBEN010:

Have you checked with Solokad at Ogunpa market?

Dropped a message for him on WhatsApp, yet to get a response
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by FarmTech(m): 11:36pm On Nov 13, 2023
Chidiebubeoji:

Please, do you experience root zone shrinking and then plant dies? What's the cause? Thanks
I dont get it.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by REUBEN010(m): 1:08am On Nov 14, 2023
johnnyblaze424:

Dropped a message for him on WhatsApp, yet to get a response
You may not get a reply. Call them or drop by their store if you can.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by johnnyblaze424: 3:29pm On Nov 14, 2023
REUBEN010:

You may not get a reply. Call them or drop by their store if you can.

Pls drop their address for me if you have it.
Been calling since God knows how long
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Chidiebubeoji: 7:28pm On Nov 14, 2023
FarmTech:

I dont get it.
This sir. The roots dry out. Is this really fertilizer burn or damping off or something else.... I still can't tell. What do think is the cause sir?

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by REUBEN010(m): 8:32pm On Nov 15, 2023
johnnyblaze424:

Pls drop their address for me if you have it.
Been calling since God knows how long
I don't have the address in memory. Google search it.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by johnnyblaze424: 11:10pm On Nov 15, 2023
REUBEN010:

I don't have the address in memory. Google search it.

Thanks.
I went there today...... Farm inputs are now extremely costly
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by johnnyblaze424: 11:11pm On Nov 15, 2023
DOES ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA WHAT I CAN USE AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO COCOPEAT
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by johnnyblaze424: 11:12pm On Nov 15, 2023
Can I use sterilized soil mixed with compost?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Ayemileto(m): 6:21am On Nov 16, 2023
Hello guys.

I'm a first time Cucumber farmer, and many of my Cucumbers are coming out strangely.

What can be the cause of the attached issued?

Is there also anything I can still do to correct this, or it's gone?

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (Reply)

10 Leading Farms In Nigeria, Their Owners / The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc / Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.