Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,967 members, 7,825,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

My Cucumber Farm Dairy - Agriculture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cucumber Farm Dairy (119013 Views)

My Profitable Cucumber Farm . / First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:09pm On Feb 13, 2021
Olaleyeabdullah:
boss how did you measure the size of your land
I thought you are following this thread from the beginning sad it GPS!

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:39pm On Feb 13, 2021
Preparation for Another planting season start today, I will do just 3-3.5k tomato stand and 2.5-3k cucumber, Also preparing to plant maize and cassava in hectares by may. I booked 20 bags of hundred kg, moving it to farm on point. I have manager now so I'll be more detail than before. I will be posting the vedio to make it More detail,pls encourage my IG and YouTube channel!

2 Likes

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:40pm On Feb 13, 2021
My preferred seed is not available, so am looking at my options. I will plant latest by ending or first week of March. Loading...
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by northbird: 8:20am On Feb 16, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Preparation for Another planting season start today, I will do just 3-3.5k tomato stand and 2.5-3k cucumber, Also preparing to plant maize and cassava in hectares by may. I booked 20 bags of hundred kg, moving it to farm on point. I have manager now so I'll be more detail than before. I will be posting the vedio to make it More detail,pls encourage my IG and YouTube channel!

Boss, I need info on your drip irrigation, esp the one you are currently using. You once posted a blue type.....
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by northbird: 8:22am On Feb 16, 2021
@ farmer akinloye.

Please, from your experience, how many meters of drip irrigation will b required for 1 acre.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:30am On Feb 16, 2021
northbird:
@ farmer akinloye.

Please, from your experience, how many meters of drip irrigation will b required for 1 acre.

check this my thread, your questions has already been answer there.https://www.nairaland.com/6244565/irrigation-system-installation-kit on how it was installed, every thing is there.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Beboy23(m): 11:20pm On Feb 16, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Long awaited Greengo is now available, I believe it will be cheaper by month ending or early next month!
Please can you help me to get from your side
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:54am On Feb 17, 2021
Beboy23:

Please can you help me to get from your side
it was last year I posted that post you quote. No Greengo at the moment, try jorad I heard it is good, though I have not seen it production. Please anybody that has seeing it production should pls!!!!!! Drop review!!!
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Beboy23(m): 7:04pm On Feb 17, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
it was last year I posted that post you quote. No Greengo at the moment, try jorad I heard it is good, though I have not seen it production. Please anybody that has seeing it production should pls!!!!!! Drop review!!!

Thanks, somebody also encourage me on Jorad
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by okoroemeka(m): 5:39am On Feb 19, 2021
thanks@farmerakinloye for the spray hood, believe it or not I just got the waybill yesterday, throughout my experience of sending and receiving waybills I have never seen such ridiculous stories and excuses attached to a waybill I was meant to collect almost one month ago,from transferring to other drivers,police wahalla,road safety impoundment, kidnapping,the stories keep getting absurd,like a season film,but thank God I have got my hands on it finally

2 Likes

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 12:46pm On Feb 20, 2021
Any update on the price of cucumber
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 1:46pm On Feb 20, 2021
Olaleyeabdullah:
Any update on the price of cucumber
if it Big and green 7.5-7k while moderate ones 6.5-6k, shakushaku 3k. When I went to market, the agent warn me! he said " it will be better for me not to plant than to plant anyhow seed" because he knows am looking for alternative since there is no Greengo and he show me this Cucumber below, true true I will not want to be in that farmer shoe.buyers were just hissing on it. Pls anybody that has plant jorad and darina should pls drop review!!

2 Likes

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 1:55pm On Feb 20, 2021
okoroemeka:
thanks@farmerakinloye for the spray hood, believe it or not I just got the waybill yesterday, throughout my experience of sending and receiving waybills I have never seen such ridiculous stories and excuses attached to a waybill I was meant to collect almost one month ago,from transferring to other drivers,police wahalla,road safety impoundment, kidnapping,the stories keep getting absurd,like a season film,but thank God I have got my hands on it finally
nawa oooo, thought you have collected it that same day. Make sure you are pouring clean water with no dirty inside the pump, because the spray guard nozzle is prone to block.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by okoroemeka(m): 6:37pm On Feb 20, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
if it Big and green 7.5-7k while moderate ones 6.5-6k, shakushaku 3k. When I went to market, the agent warn me! he said " it will be better for me not to plant than to plant anyhow seed" because he knows am looking for alternative since there is no Greengo and he show me this Cucumber below, true true I will not want to be in that farmer shoe.buyers were just hissing on it. Pls anybody that has plant jorad and darina should pls drop review!!
the last thing i will do is plant variety that I don't know,that cucumber looks like a badly managed Murano that is left too long to harvest , poorly staked,poor irrigation and pollination led mostly to the misshapen fruits,I will not blame buyers that run away from that because it will spoil quickly.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 3:37pm On Feb 21, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
has anyone giving u update on performance of darina sir
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by komoland: 6:51am On Feb 22, 2021
Get drip tape irrigation system for your farm

Drip tape 16mm, 0.3mm thickness, 30cm and 50cm spacing, (1,500m/roll). N73,000
Straight connector for lay flat and drip tape (100pcs). N13,000
End cap connector for drip tape (100pcs). N10,000
Venturi fertilizer injector or fertigator (1pcs). N12,000
Filter disc 2’’ (1pcs) N11,000
Filter disc 1’’ (1pcs) N9,000

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Akinola100: 1:00pm On Feb 22, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
hardest part in cultivating cucumber is staking!!!! It requires handsss ASAP. If your plan is to use Baboo as your Pole....carry your sense follow body and pray on your way to cut it. Be careful and cautious because it is very very dangerious!!!! am bringing this particular project to an end today, I thank God and I really enjoy and appreciate every body contribution,thanks and God bless you all. I make Times 4 of what I invested. Nigeria will be GREAT!
How is it dangerous sir
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Akinola100: 1:02pm On Feb 22, 2021
How can I make large pollinators like bees and wasps come to a cucumber or watermelon farn
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Boldtouch: 2:08pm On Feb 22, 2021
Akinola100:
How can I make large pollinators like bees and wasps come to a cucumber or watermelon farn
To get bees in droves to visit your Farm; simply get original Honey add a moderate quantity to your spray tank containing Water, mix properly and spray it directly on the cucumber or watermelon leaves very early in morning before Sun rise or late in the evening.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Akinola100: 3:09pm On Feb 22, 2021
Boldtouch:

To get bees in droves to visit your Farm; simply get original Honey add a moderate quantity to your spray tank containing Water, mix properly and spray it directly on the cucumber or watermelon leaves very early in morning before Sun rise or late in the evening.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by okoroemeka(m): 7:52pm On Feb 22, 2021
Akinola100:

How is it dangerous sir
cutting bamboo is a very risky and dangerous job that is best left for the professionals,a big mature and tangled bamboo Grove is the deadliest,many of the stands are pressed upon by others and this creates tremendous strain and pressure that is waiting for just one Cutlass stroke for it to lash out with incredible force to maim and disembowel a careless worker,you can even succeed to cut some stands but they will not fall they will be entangled with others just waiting for you to carelessly cut the single stand that is holding all of them,they will Cascade on top of the worker with sharp pointed edge ,iwe call it the widow Maker.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Akinola100: 11:12pm On Feb 22, 2021
okoroemeka:
cutting bamboo is a very risky and dangerous job that is best left for the professionals,a big mature and tangled bamboo Grove is the deadliest,many of the stands are pressed upon by others and this creates tremendous strain and pressure that is waiting for just one Cutlass stroke for it to lash out with incredible force to maim and disembowel a careless worker,you can even succeed to cut some stands but they will not fall they will be entangled with others just waiting for you to carelessly cut the single stand that is holding all of them,they will Cascade on top of the worker with sharp pointed edge ,iwe call it the widow Maker.
Thank you so much sir
I never knew
I have cut several bamboo sticks from the plant before
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:47am On Feb 23, 2021
Olaleyeabdullah:
has anyone giving u update on performance of darina sir
nope! I have booked 2 sachet of jorad down, if there is no Greengo by first week of March,I will have no option than to plant it.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:07am On Feb 23, 2021
okoroemeka:
I wish I can like and share hundred times! I like the way you described the potential danger in cutting it, Thanks.pls!!! Nairalander like and share that Mr. Okoroemaka comment. Screen shot already, I know it will serve greater purpose one day, by okoroemaka.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:56am On Mar 13, 2021
Since there is no Greengo, I option to plant jorad which I did the nursery on Thursday evening. I was told sometimes last week the price of cucumber in Lagos 9k, akure 8k. But the current price in akure now is 7k.

2 Likes

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:22am On Mar 15, 2021
This is what it looks like on the third day. I will transplant it tomorrow. The video on I did it is on my channel and IG now

4 Likes

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by northbird: 10:57am On Mar 16, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
This is what it looks like on the third day. I will transplant it tomorrow. The video on I did it is on my channel and IG now

Good work bro, I watched your video. How many stands will this be on the field?

Please, also upload video of how you transplant, especially how the seedlings are lifted from the seed tray.

Keep it up. Thanks for sharing..
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:11pm On Mar 17, 2021
northbird:

Good work bro, I watched your video. How many stands will this be on the field?

Please, also upload video of how you transplant, especially how the seedlings are lifted from the seed tray.

Keep it up. Thanks for sharing..
1. 3000 stand 2. Check now it is available.

1 Share

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:36pm On Mar 17, 2021
This is post hole digger. As a cucumber Farmer, if you can afford it buy one, especially if you are cultivating acres or hectares. It will be helpful during raining reason if you want to dig Baboo hole. Check my IG on how to use it.

1 Share

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by northbird: 8:07am On Mar 18, 2021
@ Farmerakinloye.

Thanks for the video.

If I get the chronicle of the events leading to transplanting right.

1. You makes holes for the seedlings.

2. Then you spray the soil with insecticide to kerp off insects ( esp. Variageted grasshopper from cutting the leafs)

3. Then you transplant.

My questions?

1. Can you transplant immediately after spraying the farm with insectide? or you wait for sometime

2. You mentioned 50 ml of insectide poured into knapsack sprayer.. What brand of insectide did you use? Dilution factor, how many MLS to 1 litre of water.?

3. For 3 plots, how many MLS of insecticide will be needed.

Thank you and Keep up the good work......
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:43am On Mar 19, 2021
northbird:
@ Farmerakinloye.

Thanks for the video.

If I get the chronicle of the events leading to transplanting right.

1. You makes holes for the seedlings.

2. Then you spray the soil with insecticide to kerp off insects ( esp. Variageted grasshopper from cutting the leafs)

3. Then you transplant.

My questions?

1. Can you transplant immediately after spraying the farm with insectide? or you wait for sometime

2. You mentioned 50 ml of insectide poured into knapsack sprayer.. What brand of insectide did you use? Dilution factor, how many MLS to 1 litre of water.?

3. For 3 plots, how many MLS of insecticide will be needed.

Thank you and Keep up the good work......
1. Yes, I transplant immediately. 2. Any insecticide will work, 50ml per 16litre 3. Max you will use 100ml.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by northbird: 10:37am On Mar 22, 2021
@ Farmerakinloye. Thanks.

I just checked your channel. If there is any new video. Please kindly post.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (72) (Reply)

10 Leading Farms In Nigeria, Their Owners / The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc / Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.