Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

My Cucumber Farm Dairy - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cucumber Farm Dairy (117671 Views)

My Profitable Cucumber Farm . / First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:51am On Jan 22, 2021
aquadude15:

good pm sir.
I am a cucumber farmer in ondo town also.
I don't mind if you can supply me some so I can supply to my customers as my cucumber have withered
he has bought 18 bags of cucumber from me, he is honest and timely, nice doing business with you bro. Price is 4k at the moment.

2 Likes

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by SESknowledge: 8:54am On Jan 22, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
never see it production,but have heard from someone that it is good, and do perform well, how many stand do you have in mind to plant?

What variety are you talking about sir?
I plan to have 4000 stands and have obtained drip tape to that effect
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:54am On Jan 22, 2021
okoroemeka:
pls can't it be waybilled to onitsha,check cost to waybill from your place to onitsha let me send the money for the expenses
I will make enquiry and get back to you. One is okay right?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:59am On Jan 22, 2021
SESknowledge:

What variety are you talking about sir?
I plan to have 4000 stands and have obtained drip tape to that effect
I replied to your question now "Darina". Start with 1000 or max 2000 stand first, after harvest, then increase in your next planting!!!!
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by safarifarms(m): 10:08am On Jan 22, 2021
Olaleyeabdullah:
sorry boss I have come again...the nandini started flowering yesterday. Lots of male flowers. I couldn't see any female. So, my question is that is that how the flowering pattern is?
In my experience with the cucs I've planted male flowers usually show up first to signal pollinators to include the route to their flight schedule so that when the female flowers show up pollinators are already abundantly available.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by aquadude15: 1:40pm On Jan 22, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
he has bought 18 bags of cucumber from me, he is honest and timely, nice doing business with you bro. Price is 4k at the moment.
thank you sir.
nice doing business with you

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by aquadude15: 1:41pm On Jan 22, 2021
Olaleyeabdullah:
sorry boss I have come again...the nandini started flowering yesterday. Lots of male flowers. I couldn't see any female. So, my question is that is that how the flowering pattern is?
it is normal sir.
the male flowers attract bees before female flowers start coming out.
you would have less aborted female flower when compared to female dominated varieties
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by SESknowledge: 8:35pm On Jan 22, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
I replied to your question now "Darina". Start with 1000 or max 2000 stand first, after harvest, then increase in your next planting!!!!

Advice well taken. Thanks for the response.

I'll try the Darina then and revert to this thread as events unfold.

One more thing please, is there any misconduct in planting water melon at another section of the same farmland where cucumber is planted?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Kehfie(f): 9:47pm On Jan 22, 2021
A research facility I'm acquainted with here in Nigeria produces and sells tissue culture suckers to farmers. They have to order large quantities though. Minimum of 1,000 or 10,000pieces. I don't remember which now.

Emempaul:

what we have is nigeria is not tissue culture suckers but sucker multiplication through corm of mother plant with desirable traits and yes it remains a normal sucker

tissue culture is for labs and research institute for experimental purposes
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by tpben: 3:50am On Jan 23, 2021
SESknowledge:

What variety are you talking about sir? I plan to have 4000 stands and have obtained drip tape to that effect
Where did you buy your drip system?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by okoroemeka(m): 3:56am On Jan 23, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
I will make enquiry and get back to you. One is okay right?
yes,one is ok
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:24am On Jan 23, 2021
okoroemeka:
yes,one is ok
I will get back to you next week.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:47am On Jan 23, 2021
SESknowledge:

Advice well taken. Thanks for the response.

I'll try the Darina then and revert to this thread as events unfold.

One more thing please, is there any misconduct in planting water melon at another section of the same farmland where cucumber is planted?

no problem at all but water melon is not easy as you see it. It is a commodity that is sensitive and attract pest (Human and Animal). I planted half hectare in 2017 and I didn't see 1 eat talkless seen to sell, quail and gray squirrel eat everything all. Focus on Cucumber first. Bro hope you no cucumber dey shop money?

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Saybal(m): 10:15am On Jan 23, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
no problem at all but water melon is not easy as you see it. It is a commodity that is sensitive and attract pest (Human and Animal). I planted half hectare in 2017 and I didn't see 1 eat talkless seen to sell, quail and gray squirrel eat everything all. Focus on Cucumber first. Bro hope you no cucumber dey shop money?
Good work you are doing here bro ,can I call you for farm visitation?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by bfag: 11:31am On Jan 23, 2021
@farmerakinloye please were can I get single phosphate fertilizer and murate of potash in Akure other than let's farm thanks. this is in anticipation for my � tomato that are already in nursery.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by bfag: 11:33am On Jan 23, 2021
@farmerakinloye please were can I get single phosphate fertilizer and murate of potash in Akure other than let's farm thanks. this is in anticipation for my � tomato that are already in nursery.[b][/b]
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by SESknowledge: 4:32pm On Jan 23, 2021
tpben:

Where did you buy your drip system?

Online.

I bought 2000m of 50cm spacing

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by SESknowledge: 4:58pm On Jan 23, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:

I already contacted someone to manage the farm and he's reputed to have done well with watermelon with verifiable evidence while I want to do cucumber.
Hence the reason for considering having the two separate on two-two plots.

Please enlighten me on the additional cost involved in cultivating cucumber. I know of seed, fertilizer, fungicide, insecticide and staking .
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:05pm On Jan 23, 2021
Saybal:
Good work you are doing here bro ,can I call you for farm visitation?
my farm is 38km from akure, if you want to visit no wallah but your own feeding will be on you and you will work grin cheesy cheesy
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:06pm On Jan 23, 2021
bfag:
@farmerakinloye please were can I get single phosphate fertilizer and murate of potash in Akure other than let's farm thanks. this is in anticipation for my � tomato that are already in nursery.[b][/b]
it either let farm or my farm in akure. My farm is beside let farm.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:10pm On Jan 23, 2021
SESknowledge:

I already contacted someone to manage the farm and he's reputed to have done well with watermelon with verifiable evidence while I want to do cucumber.
Hence the reason for considering having the two separate on two-two plots.

Please enlighten me on the additional cost involved in cultivating cucumber. I know of seed, fertilizer, fungicide, insecticide and staking .
okay, God help you.if you can handle pesticide and staking then you are good to go.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:24pm On Jan 23, 2021
If chemical work make we talk am... Cabrio duo work! I use it at 60ml and it step Downey mildew down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 9:29pm On Jan 23, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
If chemical work make we talk am... Cabrio duo work! I use it at 60ml and it step Downey mildew down.
This is a very Fantastic Fungicide especially during raining season mhen

You can also rotate it so Downy mildew won't grow resistance towards your cucumber
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by ideepaul: 10:00pm On Jan 23, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
I am glad you finally used the cabrio, just alternate with other fungicides for best results... btw, how much is the 1litre container?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by okoroemeka(m): 6:04am On Jan 24, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
I will get back to you next week.
ok,pls don't forget
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:46pm On Jan 24, 2021
ideepaul:
I am glad you finally used the cabrio, just alternate with other fungicides for best results... btw, how much is the 1litre container?
I bought it 9k.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:59pm On Jan 24, 2021
Harvesting is still on. I just receive call now and am told price is now 4.5-5k grin grin grin at all at all nah in bad. Downey mildew no try at all but I still thank BaBa God.

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 6:24pm On Jan 24, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Harvesting is still on. I just receive call now and am told price is now 4.5-5k grin grin grin at all at all nah in bad. Downey mildew no try at all but I still thank BaBa God.
Which Variety is this

How much did you get the Bamboo stick
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:50am On Jan 25, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Things I don't anticipate is happening, greengo seed is between 12-15k,if you see cheesy. I was in market this morning and price of cucumber was not encouraging at all,3k maximum. Our people that took their own to Lagos last week Tuesday sold it 3k too. If you watch this video you notice someone even mention 2k https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ8Jr8kn8gd/?igshid=zll14cdh6xny or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqTUq6TEaE4
I was in market this morning and there is no cucumber. The agent was telling me the price is 6k now, I just told him 5k is good, and before I open and close my eye all the bag I took finished,they rushed it.

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by okoroemeka(m): 3:02pm On Jan 26, 2021
cucumber is like stock exchange,it can rise and fall anyhow,any news about the spray hood?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by aquadude15: 4:45pm On Jan 26, 2021
okoroemeka:
cucumber is like stock exchange,it can rise and fall anyhow,any news about the spray hood?
good sir.
how much is velum prime and how can I get it sir
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:40pm On Jan 26, 2021
okoroemeka:
I will go to onitsha motor pack tomorrow morning. Your number so the driver can call you,then you pay him in onitsha.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (72) (Reply)

Quality Bulldozer Land Clearing Service Nationwide. Reliable services. / The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc / 10 Leading Farms In Nigeria, Their Owners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.