Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Help, Government Has Refused To Pay Compensation Benefits After Demolition - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help, Government Has Refused To Pay Compensation Benefits After Demolition (145 Views)

My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! / "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" / Man Electrocuted During Demolition Of Pen Cinema Lagos (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help, Government Has Refused To Pay Compensation Benefits After Demolition by Promising99: 5:22pm On Oct 05, 2020
Hello everyone.
Please ignore my grammatical errors as I’m typing this in a very sad and angry state of mind.
I reside in Ekiti state. My Dad had a Pure Water factory and a Water Tanker for water delivery with I think up to 8 staffs. It happened that in 2011, the government destroyed the Pure Water factory building due to construction of pedestrian lane beside the road. Along the line, the business was shut down, the staffs lost their job, Dad had to sell the Water Tanker as well as it was giving him a lot of issues then. Sadly, till today, 10th September 2020, the Ekiti State Government is yet to give my Dad his compensation benefits. He has gone to court already but nothing came out, He’s gone to see people in the government already over the years and still nothing has come out. It’s been 9 years already with him not having a source of income. He started the business then with his retirement benefits. I feel so sad each time he prays that the government pays him his compensation benefits.
Mum has recently gathered up some savings and currently using the space downstairs as a provision store. Its not even up to a month and we have paid signage permit (up to 10k) to the government already and another government revenue taskforce came again earlier today to collect tenancy rate (up to 5k) but we didn’t even have anything to give them, and I don’t even think we should pay since we’re not tenants – we are using our own property.
My question now is:
1. Are we to pay this tenancy rate? Even to the government that has refused to pay him (my Dad) his compensation benefits?
2. What can we do so that the government pays my Dad his compensation benefits? What steps can we take?
Note: This present government was the same government serving then in 2011 who executed the whole dualization project who did the whole demolition.

(1) (Reply)

2000SQM Residential Land For Sale In Banana Island, Ikoyi @ N1.3billion / Going For Cheap Price / Beryl Estate Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.