Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Depression Is Real - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Depression Is Real (191 Views)

What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real / At The Verge Of Ending My Life. (depression Is Real)!!! / How I Met My Wife: Love Is Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Depression Is Real by Pweetiedude(m): 5:46pm On Oct 05, 2020
As stated above depression is indeed real. I accompanied my uncle to the hospital on the 2nd of October, 2020. He had an appointment with a physiotherapist regarding his health. A woman was brought in and swiftly taken to the emergency unit but was pronounced dead few minutes after. Cries of woe echoed throughout the hospital from her family and loved ones. I was so keen on knowing the cause of her death. I summoned courage and approached an elderly man prolly in his early sixties, who I guessed must be a close family member. He started by saying how good and extroverted the deceased was. I was told the deceased was taken to the market by her husband after dropping off their children at school. She was said to be sweeping when she suddenly slumped and was taken to the hospital which she was pronounced dead some minutes after arrival. I was even told she came to market the previous day without exhibiting any sign of illness. People were bewildered by her sudden death. An autopsy was carried out and it stated she died of HBP(high blood pressure). People were saying all sort of things, mostly her fellow market women ranging from how nice, jovial and good she is. A woman said something which caught my attention. She said what the autopsy revealed was true. She said the deceased was the breadwinner of the family because there was a day, they were talking and the deceased revealed how she’s been shouldering the family responsibilities alone. The woman said she asked of her husband and she responded by saying he’s just a petty farmer struggling to meet end means. Her husband was in a state despair muttering all sort of incomprehensible words. She was later taken care of according to the Islamic burial rite.

Depression is real and it kills if not attended to.

(1) (Reply)

Subscription Is FREE / NIGERIAN SINGER 9ice Begs Wife For Forgiveness,reveals Why He Has Many Wives / CHYMALL Is The Next Best Thing You Could Ask For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.