Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,995 members, 7,810,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real (29205 Views)

What Happened That Made You Realized You Don't Have A Family / What Happened That Made You Feel Sorry For Your Parents? / How I Met My Wife: Love Is Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by Lance008(m): 7:48pm On Oct 24, 2023
Most of us don't believe on spiritual stuff till some event that made us believe it's exit
Mine was when a pastor die days after fighting the gods in the community

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by obinna58(m): 8:00pm On Oct 24, 2023
Nothing

The pastor was killed by people and has nothing to do with spiritual, if police carry that native doctor, him go call em gangs

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by VawulentMan: 8:02pm On Oct 24, 2023
Lance008:
Most of us don't beleive on spiritual till some event that made us beleive this exit
Mine was when your "e" comes before your "i" in your believe

212 Likes 12 Shares

Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by illicit(m): 8:08pm On Oct 24, 2023
Okay

4 Likes

Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by Wawelexy(m): 8:24pm On Oct 24, 2023
The outcome of the last election

49 Likes

Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by Jeon(f): 8:28pm On Oct 24, 2023
Many things.

The most recent shocking one ,is the river in my community fighting because she was abandoned for more than 15 years.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by PythonTutorial2(m): 8:36pm On Oct 24, 2023
Good question 👍

2 Likes

Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by Oyindidi(f): 8:39pm On Oct 24, 2023
Hmmm...

2 Likes

Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by Kobojunkie: 8:45pm On Oct 24, 2023
Lance008:
Most of us don't beleive on spiritual till some event that made us beleive this exit
So, Pastor wey probably get a bad heart goes to fight gods in the community, then when pastor dies, days later, it had to have been the gods and not his bad heart? Black man ehn! undecided

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by Kobojunkie: 8:46pm On Oct 24, 2023
Jeon:
Many things. The most recent shocking one ,is the river in my community fighting because she was abandoned for more than 15 years.
Which river? fighting how?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by Jeon(f): 9:00pm On Oct 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Which river? fighting how?

It's tradition, traditional stuffs. Lol but seriously last week Monday -Friday was messy and bloody in that community.

Let's leave for another day.

16 Likes

Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by Hisimperialmaje(m): 9:13pm On Oct 24, 2023
Jeon:

It's tradition, traditional stuffs. Lol but seriously last week Monday -Friday was messy and bloody in that community.

Let's leave for another day.
please where are you from

1 Like

Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by Jeon(f): 9:29pm On Oct 24, 2023
Hisimperialmaje:
please where are you from

Savannah Montana.

Are you familiar with the hot story ?. If yes, then you know my loc.

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by Hisimperialmaje(m): 9:42pm On Oct 24, 2023
Jeon:

Savannah Montana.

Are you familiar with the hot story ?. If yes, then you know my loc.
iam not familiar. But i know a lot of rivers are abode of deities and if not sacrificed to can be very vawulent.. By the way am from the southern part of the nation

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by Kobojunkie: 9:53pm On Oct 24, 2023
Hisimperialmaje:
iam not familiar. But i know a lot of rivers are abode of deities and if not sacrificed to can be very vawulent.. By the way am from the southern part of the nation
What happens if you Dam the rivers? lipsrsealed

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by Jeon(f): 9:54pm On Oct 24, 2023
SS part of the nation.
It's seems that we are closely related, both in some traditions.

Hisimperialmaje:

Yeah, the story goes this way. The river was abandoned a long time ago, no worshiping, cleaning up and taking care of animals in it.. So it has been sending messages through dreams and life to the villagers [including I ] and the chief, and the worst part of it the chief will tell you to keep your mouth shut that we are now in Christianity.
So Wahala started last week Monday, till Friday.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by Hisimperialmaje(m): 10:08pm On Oct 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What happens if you Dam the rivers? lipsrsealed
without proper consultation and ritual sacrifices going anywhere near the body of water is basically playing with death

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by Kobojunkie: 10:09pm On Oct 24, 2023
Hisimperialmaje:
without proper consultation and ritual sacrifices going anywhere near the body of water is basically playing with death
LOL... I bet you if Oyinbo company come Dam that water, nothing of what you said would matter. Sometimes, I think even those who consult with the local gods and goddesses simply don't understand them at all. undecided

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 24, 2023
I'm still waiting for someone to prove to me that this spiritual thing is real because with Christians, they'll tell you something from the Bible, but still go and do the exact opposite.

With traditionalists, they'll tell you scary stories, but have no solution to those stories.

When one of my cousins graduated from practicing as a traditional healer, I hid one of her beads in the house during my visit to her house... I was gonna spend the night, so I decided to test if indeed she was spiritually woke like they claimed because I didn't take her seriously.

The following morning I was woken by her pulling off the duvet from the bed, she started asking me questions about the whereabouts of her beads, I pretended to be clueless of what she was talking about... She then held me tight by the leg and threatened to drag me from the bed and UnCloth me for everyone in the house to come and see me naked... I didn't take her seriously, so I laughed.

She then pulled me by the leg and grabbed my pajamas pants, I tried to escape, but she was too strong... She was about to pull the pajama pants when I finally admitted to have taken the beads and hid them somewhere in the house because I just wanted to test her.

Despite what happened, up until this day, I still don't take her seriously... grin grin grin

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by Hisimperialmaje(m): 10:15pm On Oct 24, 2023
Jeon:
SS part of the nation.
It's seems that we are closely related, both in some traditions.

Yeah, the story goes this way. The river was abandoned a long time ago, no worshiping, cleaning up and taking care of animals in it.. So it has been sending messages through dreams and life to the villagers [including I ] and the chief, and the worst part of it the chief will tell you to keep your mouth shut that we are now in Christianity.
So Wahala started last week Monday, till Friday.

the chief in your village may not be the chosen chief, as every chief undergoes series of purification, fortification and he with his hands together with the dibia offer sacrifices to all deities of the land and the ancestors. And they in turn make his reign peaceful and fruitful. In other words any chief who runs away from this sacred responsibity may die or experience disaster

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by Kobojunkie: 10:18pm On Oct 24, 2023
Hisimperialmaje:
the chief in your village may not be the chosen chief, as every chief undergoes series of purification, fortification and he with his hands together with the dibia offer sacrifices to all deities of the land and the ancestors. And they in turn make his reign peaceful and fruitful. In other words any chief who runs away from this sacred responsibity may die or experience disaster
This is what I am talking about. Something that may just be so simple made so complicated with ideas that seem to come out of nowhere just anyhow. undecided

Where are these ideas you spew here written or stated? Who came up with them? when and how? How does someone who wants to test these claims go about doing so? undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by Hisimperialmaje(m): 10:30pm On Oct 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
LOL... I bet you if Oyinbo company come Dam that water, nothing of what you said would matter. Sometimes, I think even those who consult with the local gods and goddesses simply don't understand them at all. undecided
if an oyinbo company were to work on any body of water in a particular community, there is usually a token given to the host community which is recieved by the head(chief) and the cabinet, from this token(money) any traditional rites that has to be observed to palacate the spirit that resides in the body of water is done. And they wont come and tell you they did anything. If the body of water is not possesed by a deity. Na them go chop the money

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by Jeon(f): 10:36pm On Oct 24, 2023
You are right, is like u are familiar with this village. And the wisdom won't be there cuz he's not the rightful owner.

He's just there because the person[s] that was supposed to be chief[s] [died this year @ old age ]rejected the title and move to Benin, to live as a commoner. Second person ran to foreign land ☺ .

Hisimperialmaje:

But inside that Saturday when the traditional gods were consulted and the problems was given ,works started immediately. Till today , everything is been carried out ,including repairing the road that links to the river and some bad changes has less down .

10 Likes

Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by Kobojunkie: 10:44pm On Oct 24, 2023
Hisimperialmaje:
if an oyinbo company were to work on any body of water in a particular community, there is usually a token given to the host community which is recieved by the head(chief) and the cabinet, from this token(money) any traditional rites that has to be observed to palacate the spirit that resides in the body of water is done. And they wont come and tell you they did anything.
■ If the body of water is not possesed by a deity. Na them go chop the money
That is the story we are told by some traditionalists but the reality is usually far from all of that. undecided

2. So, not all bodies of water are possessed? Only the ones some traditionalists claim are possessed? undecided

There was once a body of water that traditionalists in the town I grew up in also claimed was possessed. I never saw any spirits each time we went to that stream as kids to play but we were told many stories by those around us about how there was a spirit guarding the street day and night. Guess what? Someone came and drained the water, and built a house in that area where the stream used to be. The house is still standing and nothing special. Many people living in the area don't even know a stream used to be there since it is now an upscale area. undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by Hisimperialmaje(m): 10:51pm On Oct 24, 2023
Ive always known the spiritual is real sha because dreams are evidence of spirituality. In my experience the first day i saw a spirit(ghost) female while strolling in a company of my friend but he didnt see it so when i alerted him am seeing something it suddenly vanished in my sight and my friend felt his head swelling while in a state of confusion and i wasnt feeling the same.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by NFBI: 10:52pm On Oct 24, 2023
Lance008:
Believe not beleive

1 Like

Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by Hisimperialmaje(m): 10:58pm On Oct 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
That is the story we are told by some traditionalists but the reality is usually far from all of that. undecided

2. So, not all bodies of water are possessed? Only the ones some traditionalists claim are possessed? undecided

There was once a body of water that traditionalists in the town I grew up in also claimed was possessed. I never saw any spirits each time we went to that stream as kids to play but we were told many stories by those around us about how there was a spirit guarding the street day and night. Guess what? Someone came and drained the water, and built a house in that area where the stream used to be. The house is still standing and nothing special. Many people living in the area don't even know a stream used to be there since it is now an upscale area. undecided
anyway different people have different spirits involved in their matter that watches their back. So the man could have easily settled the spirit and moved on. People know so many things o

4 Likes

Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by Kobojunkie: 11:03pm On Oct 24, 2023
Hisimperialmaje:
anyway different people have different spirits involved in their matter that watches their back. So the man could have easily settled the spirit and moved on. People know so many things o
Know so many things like what? I have a problem with a traditionalist asking me to provide money and materials in other to appease a Nigeria god same as a pastor or mog would. That is why I am for information being made available to all so everyone can know and not just some few using it to rip others off or something in the name of appeasing this god and the other. undecided

For oyinbo land, why dem no get these possessed bodies of waters wey dey ask for money and materials like for here? undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by socialmediaman: 1:51am On Oct 25, 2023
Out of 100 "spirit" related stories, my theory is that:

1 of them (1%) could be real. I mean, if you believe in God, then there's a possibility there are angels and spirits, right?

19 of them (19%) could be related to hallucinations and mental health conditions. People will definitely hear and see things when they're sick or have mental conditions. There are also pre-existing conditions that could be triggered by things like premonition

80 of them (80%) could be explained, however, many of us can't because we're ignorant.

I take data seriously so I have to put a disclaimer here that those numbers are just from my wild imagination and have no scientific backing

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by rumenase(m): 4:12am On Oct 25, 2023
PythonTutorial2:
Good question 👍
happy birthday
Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by PythonTutorial2(m): 5:03am On Oct 25, 2023
rumenase:
happy birthday
Thanks bro 🙏. I appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by Acidosis(m): 5:24am On Oct 25, 2023
1. Man's existence: Who formed the first man and how?

2. My dreams/visions: I wonder how I can dream about events that are yet to happen, not events from the past, only to have them materialize in the physical world days, months, or even years later.

You don't need any ogbanje spiritual stories to believe in spirituality; the spirit world is as real as the physical one. You are a proof that spirituality exists.

73 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To Quadruplets After 11 Years Of Marriage (Photos) / Folorunsho Alakija Appreciated For Helping Baby With Hole In His Heart / Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.