Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

"Consider Farming, We Need More Farmers"- FG To ASUU - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "Consider Farming, We Need More Farmers"- FG To ASUU (441 Views)

"Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU / People's Reactions To ASUU Strike In Funny Meme Collection / Mary Folafoluwa Oginni, Best Student In WAEC Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Consider Farming, We Need More Farmers"- FG To ASUU by Odoctor(m): 10:02am On Oct 06, 2020
Just when we think we have heard and seen it all...

Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba
3'
FG Urges ASUU Members to Consider Farming as Alternative Profession
October 6, 2020 3:08 am
By Kuni Tyessi

The Minister of State for Education, Mr. Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba has urged members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), to leave the teaching profession and consider going into farming, stressing that more farmers are needed in the country.

Also, in preparation for the reopening of schools, Nwajuiba said some of the modalities that have been put in place to stop the spread of COVID-19 will include afternoon classes in order to prevent overcrowding.

Nwajuiba who was a guest on ARISE NEWS Channel in Abuja yesterday, reiterated that all schools must enforce the COVID-19 protocols.

He said: “Some people may not believe what we are doing but we must continue to enforce that. You must continue to abide by the protocol. You must provide them. We don’t really care about how much inconvenience or how convenient you think it is for your child to wear facemask. Obey the rules first. If we find out you’re not following those rules, we will have to deal with somebody.”

On the protracted strike by the ASUU, the minister who recalled that the union did not embark on the strike on the basis of the pandemic, said the university lecturers might consider farming, insisting that more farmers are needed in the nation.

He said the federal government has shown commitment to their demands.

Acknowledging that the union has the right to express itself and make demands, the minister noted that up till July 2020, all academic staff had been paid salaries

“Government is actually not holding anyone to ransom. It says this is how I want to pay and it has to be through IPPIS. You can leave the employment. You can opt out of it and say ‘I no longer want to teach’. You can find other professions. What we need now are probably more farmers."

“You cannot keep forcing your employer and tell him, ‘I will like you to pay me my money through my pillow. Or, I will like you to pay it through this mailbox’. ASUU has a lot of complaints and dissipation around it. That is legitimate but doesn’t mean you should force yourself on the man who has the money.”

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/10/06/fg-urges-ASUU-members-to-consider-farming-as-alternative-profession/
Re: "Consider Farming, We Need More Farmers"- FG To ASUU by Odoctor(m): 10:04am On Oct 06, 2020
What have Nigerian students done to deserve this.

This can lead to suicidal tendencies. 7months of idleness. What is all these?

1 Like

Re: "Consider Farming, We Need More Farmers"- FG To ASUU by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 06, 2020
Case closed
Re: "Consider Farming, We Need More Farmers"- FG To ASUU by flyingpig: 10:07am On Oct 06, 2020
Odoctor:
What have Nigerian students done to deserve this.

This can lead to suicidal tendencies. 7months of idleness. What is all these?
Not as if there are jobs in this country for them to keep themselves busy with. Graduate never see job not to talk of undergraduate.

1 Like

Re: "Consider Farming, We Need More Farmers"- FG To ASUU by Sikay19(m): 10:08am On Oct 06, 2020
shocked
Yes, Truly farming is the future. A very good advice directed to wrong people. Moreso, the response is wicked cool
Re: "Consider Farming, We Need More Farmers"- FG To ASUU by Odoctor(m): 10:25am On Oct 06, 2020
Lalasticlala, Seun, mynd44
Re: "Consider Farming, We Need More Farmers"- FG To ASUU by Odoctor(m): 10:26am On Oct 06, 2020
flyingpig:
Not as if there are jobs in this country for them to keep themselves busy with. Graduate never see job not to talk of undergraduate.

Very bad
Re: "Consider Farming, We Need More Farmers"- FG To ASUU by jaiyefavour: 11:15am On Oct 06, 2020
ASUU needs to be dissolved....what is their business...collect salary, teach and go home...they are paying you so why do you still frustrate the education system
Re: "Consider Farming, We Need More Farmers"- FG To ASUU by Vyzz: 11:36am On Oct 06, 2020
cool
Re: "Consider Farming, We Need More Farmers"- FG To ASUU by RosyIsBlessed: 1:18pm On Oct 06, 2020
Oh wow

(1) (Reply)

Data Analysis And Academic Research (spss, Stata, Tableau, Eview, Excel, Etc) / Statistical And Four Figure Table Application For Students. / University Education Is Not For Everyone, Says JAMB Registra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.