Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Ogun Fake Lawyer Arrested While Defending Case In Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Fake Lawyer Arrested While Defending Case In Court (1261 Views)

Emefiele Flown From Lagos To Abuja, Arrested While Trying To Flee Nigeria / Channels TV Presenter Exposed Festus Keyamo Lies While Defending BAT Manifesto / Abduction: El-rufai Mourns Army, Navy Officers Who Died While Defending Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Fake Lawyer Arrested While Defending Case In Court by ariefadenco: 10:04am On Oct 06, 2020
A 47-year-old suspected fake lawyer, Tajudeen Idris, has been arrested by men of the Ogun State Police Command for posing as a legal practitioner.

The suspect was arrested on Friday at Magistrates’ Court 6 in the Ifo Local Government Area of the state.

Idris was said to have appeared before Chief Magistrate I. A. Arogundade in a civil case between one Ifeanyi Chuckwu and Ayo Itori.

He allegedly claimed to be a counsel from Tajudeen O. Idris & Co. Chambers and was representing one of the parties.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, disclosed this in a statement on Monday.

Oyeyemi said the suspected fake lawyer’s conduct and his manner of presentation before the chief magistrate aroused suspicion about his qualification as a lawyer.

READ ALSO: Osun graduate killed on his way to poultry farm

The PPRO said the suspect’s action prompted the chief magistrate to ask him for the year he was called to the bar, which he claimed to be 2009.

“But further enquiry revealed that his name was nowhere to be found among those called to the bar in 2009, hence the police were invited.

“Consequently, the DPO, Ifo Division, CSP Adeniyi Adekunle, detailed his operatives to the scene, where the suspect was apprehended and he is currently undergoing investigation.”

The PPRO said the Commissioner of Police, Edward Ajogun, had expressed concern over the increase in the number of fake lawyers swindling people of their hard-earned money.

Ajogun recalled that not less than five cases of fake lawyers had been reported since his assumption of office less than two months ago.

According to the PPRO, on August 12, 2020, 56-year-old Sylvester Ogbagu was arrested at Sagamu while parading himself as a lawyer; while one Adedeji Ebenezer was also apprehended on the court premises at Itori on August 5, 2020, while appearing for a client; he was tried and subsequently sentenced to three years’ imprisonment.

He added, “Another suspected fake lawyer, Elijah Ayodeji Ojo, was also arrested at the Ajuwon Police Station on the 28th of June, when he came to solicit a so-called client, who was having a criminal matter with the policee

“Likewise, one Lawrence Oyedunu was arrested in Sango Ota while presenting himself as a counsel to a suspect.

“The CP therefore called on the state branch of the NBA to put necessary machinery in motion to check the activities of these fraudulent people.

“He also appealed to those who wish to be lawyers to take a cue from the determined effort of a traditional ruler in the state.

“The Towulade of Akinale, who at 75 years of age, still endeavoured to go to the Law School because of his interest in the legal profession rather than impersonating.”

Source: Punchng.com

1 Share

Re: Ogun Fake Lawyer Arrested While Defending Case In Court by Kestolove(m): 10:06am On Oct 06, 2020
But dix people get mind, Emeka don change him name to Tajudeen...

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Fake Lawyer Arrested While Defending Case In Court by SmartProf(m): 10:07am On Oct 06, 2020
This one has automatically believed he is a member of the Nigerian Bar Association because he may have been visiting various drinking bars where he takes alcohol and ogogoro shocked. He even lied that he was called to the Bar in 2009. We all know the bar he is talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Fake Lawyer Arrested While Defending Case In Court by Enudapan: 10:07am On Oct 06, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Fake Lawyer Arrested While Defending Case In Court by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 06, 2020
Na dem dem
Re: Ogun Fake Lawyer Arrested While Defending Case In Court by Anaerobi(m): 10:13am On Oct 06, 2020
lol.
Re: Ogun Fake Lawyer Arrested While Defending Case In Court by ERockson: 10:18am On Oct 06, 2020
I can bet my balls he's a Ipob

1 Like

Re: Ogun Fake Lawyer Arrested While Defending Case In Court by EzzyCarter: 10:19am On Oct 06, 2020
Lmao. This news got me laughing out loud. God no go shame us o grin

Hope he's not being implicated tho, he definitely looks like a real SAN cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ogun Fake Lawyer Arrested While Defending Case In Court by realstars: 10:25am On Oct 06, 2020
Court Criminal,
Re: Ogun Fake Lawyer Arrested While Defending Case In Court by Bkayyy: 10:39am On Oct 06, 2020
These people sha, I read through the post again after seeing accusing fingers on innocent Ndigbo to check whether one of the culprits is one to no avail.
Well I think it's high time we started checking these people's certificates (Yemi Osibanjo and Femi falana included) because there is no way the people I saw there can afford tertiary education.

4 Likes

Re: Ogun Fake Lawyer Arrested While Defending Case In Court by austine4real(m): 10:49am On Oct 06, 2020
grin grin

Objection my lord
Re: Ogun Fake Lawyer Arrested While Defending Case In Court by punisha: 10:49am On Oct 06, 2020
Hehehehe....
Damnnnnnn niggur this one na confam mad man o.
The guts is amazing.
Re: Ogun Fake Lawyer Arrested While Defending Case In Court by Karemarealty288(m): 10:49am On Oct 06, 2020
Why wouldn't he defend someone when being a President requires no qualifications...Governor 4 passes....Senate first School Leaving.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Fake Lawyer Arrested While Defending Case In Court by sammuell(m): 11:02am On Oct 06, 2020
cheesy grin grin
Re: Ogun Fake Lawyer Arrested While Defending Case In Court by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 06, 2020
Catch me if you can
Re: Ogun Fake Lawyer Arrested While Defending Case In Court by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 06, 2020
Men must chop..

His manner of presentation confused the magistrate.

The magistrate then asked Mannabbqgrilles, when were you called to Bar ?

He said 2009 ?

Who called you to Bar, he said vulture..

1 Like

Re: Ogun Fake Lawyer Arrested While Defending Case In Court by LegendHero(m): 1:47pm On Oct 06, 2020
Okay
Re: Ogun Fake Lawyer Arrested While Defending Case In Court by osamz007: 2:08pm On Oct 06, 2020
FAKE LAWYER: OBJECTION MY LORD
JUDGE: OBJECTION OVER RULED.
FAKE LAWYER: SHEY YOU DEY MAD NI
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ogun Fake Lawyer Arrested While Defending Case In Court by Olatunji1929: 3:15pm On Oct 06, 2020
malami should be hold responsible for any fake lawyer you see in any court in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ogun Fake Lawyer Arrested While Defending Case In Court by Vyzz: 4:33pm On Oct 06, 2020
grin

(1) (Reply)

Resign, Start Farming, ASUU Tells Minister Of State For Education / Did You Say Osinbajo Did Not Soro Soke? / #ENDSARS: Loatsad - ‘Why We Switched Off Billboard At Lekki Toll Gate’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.