Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Ondo 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi Sign Peace Accord - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi Sign Peace Accord (12665 Views)

Zacheaus Akinlose: Jegede, Ajayi Deserve Blame For Akeredolu’s Massive Victory / Oba Of Benin Meets Ize-Iyamu & Obaseki; As They Sign Peace Pact (Photos) / Ondo 2020: Akeredolu emerges APC candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi Sign Peace Accord by Doraty1(f): 1:00pm On Oct 06, 2020
Governorship candidates of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the Zenith Labour Party (ZLP) competing in the Saturday’s governorship election in Ondo State, Rotimi Akeredolu, Eyitayo Jegede and Agboola Ajayi, respectively, on Wednesday, signed a peace accord, with a pledge to shun violence during the election.

The three major governorship candidates promised to allow peace reign during the election and eschew any act that may undermine the peace pact.

The signing of the peace accord ceremony, organised by the National Peace Committee (NPC), was attended by the Inspector General of Police Mr Mohammed Adamu, Chairman, Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Prof Mammud Yakubu and traditional rulers from Ondo State.

Others at the ceremony were former Head of State, Gen Abdulsalam Abubakar, Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar, Bishop Matter Kukah and Bishop John Onaiyekan among others.

State Governor Akeredolu, who is also the governorship candidate of the APC, recalled that previous elections in the state had been peaceful and opined that the Saturday’s poll will also be peaceful.

He urged the people to keep away from violence, assuring that the three major candidates who he said are colleagues will also mee to discuss on how to ensure that peace reigns before, during and after the election.

Akeredolu assured that peace will reign during the election on Saturday and appealed to INEC to ensure that the election is free, fair and credible.

Also, the PDP candidate, Mr Jegede called on the police and other security agencies to be neutral in the discharge of their duties during the election.

He urged the security agencies, especially the Police to arrest and prosecute anyone who foment troubles during the election

The ZLP candidate who is also the deputy governor of the state assured that members of his party will respect the accord signed.

Earlier, the Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar had called on the three major candidates to respect the accord as it is a basis for the smooth and peaceful conduct of the election, stressing that no election is worth the life of any individual.
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/ondo-2020-akeredolu-jegede-ajayi-sign-peace-accord/

3 Likes

Re: Ondo 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi Sign Peace Accord by Skmoda360(m): 1:05pm On Oct 06, 2020
Ok....for peace to rain on Saturday.......

1 Like

Re: Ondo 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi Sign Peace Accord by EyezofGod120: 1:08pm On Oct 06, 2020
Ondo no be Lagos,, I don dey arrange some bottles to celebrate PDP victory on Saturday, I'm a real niggaarr with balls but I don't smoke,but I do destroy bottles,,,

Like for PDP
Share for APC

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ondo 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi Sign Peace Accord by sholay4star: 1:08pm On Oct 06, 2020
Hmmm... This no mean say dem no go still kill, steal and maim over this election, the question is where do we go from here? Omo Naija?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDSzNpvqbeY
Re: Ondo 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi Sign Peace Accord by Centcanada: 1:08pm On Oct 06, 2020
Nice one
Re: Ondo 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi Sign Peace Accord by RoSeMaRyA(f): 1:08pm On Oct 06, 2020
Good one for the sake of the massess,

Nigerians are going through a lot already.
Re: Ondo 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi Sign Peace Accord by hollywater: 1:08pm On Oct 06, 2020
PDP all the way.

14 Likes

Re: Ondo 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi Sign Peace Accord by Hoojay(f): 1:08pm On Oct 06, 2020
My fellow corp members got big money from election, me eh because I served in Ondo got only 2k grin

Where are the aspire beard gang??

I have hair growth oil for you. kiss

Only message if you reside in Lagos. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Ondo 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi Sign Peace Accord by voiceless1(m): 1:08pm On Oct 06, 2020
Only those who lives and works in Ondo can say for certain how things truly are (at least those who can be sincere to themselves).

That's why the election needs to be free, fair and credible.

I have lived all my life in Edo, I knew Obaseki would win if the election is credible, because it has to be the verdict on whether he has performed or not. Ondo shouldn't be different.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi Sign Peace Accord by Mohayemi(m): 1:09pm On Oct 06, 2020
The Ondo election will be tight as the winner will emerge narrowly . This is a result of 3 major contestants in the game.
Let the peace reign.
Re: Ondo 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi Sign Peace Accord by Felajack: 1:09pm On Oct 06, 2020
V
Re: Ondo 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi Sign Peace Accord by osamz007: 1:09pm On Oct 06, 2020
GOOD ONE. I JUST HOPE IT'S NOT JUST ON PAPER
Re: Ondo 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi Sign Peace Accord by Sheriman(m): 1:09pm On Oct 06, 2020
Nothing go happen
Re: Ondo 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi Sign Peace Accord by paymentvoucher: 1:09pm On Oct 06, 2020
#VoteNotFight #ElectionNoBeWar
Re: Ondo 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi Sign Peace Accord by SmartProf(m): 1:09pm On Oct 06, 2020
Skmoda360:
Ok....for peace to rain on Saturday.......
rain as per rainy season cheesy. I guess you meant to say for peace to reign.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi Sign Peace Accord by Antoeni(m): 1:11pm On Oct 06, 2020
May Jegede Emerge Victorious

4 Likes

Re: Ondo 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi Sign Peace Accord by EMXTAN1(m): 1:11pm On Oct 06, 2020
Its not by signing signatures o.. Everybody should respect theirselves. Citizens should know that no politician is worth dying for and las las, we will all be alright
Re: Ondo 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi Sign Peace Accord by Enudapan: 1:11pm On Oct 06, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so sophisticated

The main problem is to implement it
Not just to sign it
Re: Ondo 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi Sign Peace Accord by anonymuz(m): 1:12pm On Oct 06, 2020
Saturday go funny o, let's all buy popcorn and be watching when some people grilling barbeque will cry.
Re: Ondo 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi Sign Peace Accord by Antoeni(m): 1:13pm On Oct 06, 2020
Akeredolu na Miss Call

1 Like

Re: Ondo 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi Sign Peace Accord by cpu2006(m): 1:13pm On Oct 06, 2020
Mr Jegede..........our incoming Governor shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Ondo 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi Sign Peace Accord by Abbeywondrous(m): 1:14pm On Oct 06, 2020
It's not just about signing peace accord, but acting peacefully before, during and after the election.
Re: Ondo 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi Sign Peace Accord by PureGoldh(m): 1:14pm On Oct 06, 2020
Better for em
Re: Ondo 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi Sign Peace Accord by DEROXMAN: 1:14pm On Oct 06, 2020
Aketi has won already its rare for a governor not to win reelection

4 Likes

Re: Ondo 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi Sign Peace Accord by Kaxmytex(m): 1:17pm On Oct 06, 2020
election in ondo state no need too much forecast, eyi is the talk of the town..

aketi can come with the bill on the election day, we go gladly vote him out with hin money...

3 Likes

Re: Ondo 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi Sign Peace Accord by XXLMANDIGO: 1:20pm On Oct 06, 2020
Akeredolu ....Ludo Man grin

1 Like

Re: Ondo 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi Sign Peace Accord by Houseofglam7(f): 1:20pm On Oct 06, 2020
undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari Offers Condolences To UAE's New President / Edo 2024: PDP Praises Shaibu For Withdrawing Lawsuit Against Obaseki / North Insists On Amnesty For Boko-Haram- 247news

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.