Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,907 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) (46812 Views)

Private Jets Spotted On The Tarmac Of The Abuja Intl Airport (pix/video) / Massive Jubilation As First Flight Lands In Ebonyi International Airport (Pix) / Lady About To Leave Nigeria Becomes Insane At Lagos Airport (Pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by PortHarcourt1st: 12:11am On Oct 07, 2020
[s]
okpalaAnambra:

I'm from Anambra sister.. But trust me Anambra roads are death traps, Anambra hosts the most chaotic, worthless and useless roads in Nigeria.. Anambra has a problem.
[/s]

Abia state is the worst state in Nigeria ravaged with poverty, illiteracy, erosion, bad roads, filthy and dilapidated environment. Abia state is a cursed chaotic disorganized shithole. Abia state is by far the worst state in Nigeria. Tufia cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by PortHarcourt1st: 12:13am On Oct 07, 2020
zudozz:

Very sad..Ps is it only rds in osha that re not good becos Anambara used to boast of good rds..from Dunukofia to Awka to Aguata?

Anambra is like America compare to the cursed shithole called Abia state. There's no single good road in the whole of Abia state. Abia state is cursed

2 Likes

Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by oneeast: 12:15am On Oct 07, 2020
PortHarcourt1st:
[s][/s]

Abia state is the worst state in Nigeria ravaged with poverty, illiteracy, erosion, bad roads, filthy and dilapidated environment. Abia state is a cursed chaotic disorganized shithole. Abia state is by far the worst state in Nigeria. Tufia cheesy

Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by obisa22: 12:28am On Oct 07, 2020
Nice one his excellence.
Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by Chi133(f): 12:30am On Oct 07, 2020
EVideos:
Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra Cargo Airport

By Olusegun Koiki On Oct 6, 2020 3:34 PM

As State Govt assures Airport will be commissioned in April 2021.

The Anambra State Government has been commended for embarking on a cargo airport project in the state.

Senator Hadi Sirika, the Minister of Aviation, in a statement said that the cargo airport project would positively impact on the economic development of the state and the South East region as a whole.

A statement by James Odaudu, Director, Public Affairs, Ministry of Aviation, said that Sirika made the statement on Tuesday when he received Mr. Willie Obiano, the Governor of Anambra State in his office in Abuja.

Sirika assured the governor that the Ministry of Aviation and its agencies would always give the necessary guide and cooperation to states embarking on such projects in order to ensure that all internationally set standards were met.

The statement hinted that Sirika insisted airports could be viable if they were built with specific objectives in mind like the one embarked upon by the State Government.

Sirika expressed the belief that the Anambra airport would be successful in serving the interests of the trading population of the state and environs.

He charged the governor to sustain the ongoing collaboration with the regulatory authorities to ensure that all regulations and guidelines for the construction and operation of airports were met.

In his speech, Obiano expressed confidence that the Anambra International Cargo Airport, located at Umueri would be ready for commissioning in April, 2021 and hoped that Sirika would be available to commission the airport when completed.

He said: “We are sure of the date because we have the money to compete it. We are not asking for any assistance, neither are we taking any loans. I am here personally to brief you on the project and to invite you to commission it for us in April 2021.”

Obiano explained further that the decision to embark on the airport project was informed by the need to cater for the economic interests of the state and its environs.

The airport, he said, had the second longest runway in the country, after the Murtala Muhammed Airport in Lagos, built with the best available materials, with a guaranteed lifespan of 100 years.

“The airport is just a few kilometres from Onitsha town, the economic nerve centre of the south east region. It is strategically located and is a worthwhile investment.”

He stated that the construction of the airport has been guided by recommendations and guidelines of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) as it hoped to meet the best international standards.

https://www.independent.ng/sirika-commends-obiano-on-anambra-cargo-airport/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YqohtctegU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlBdJFLz17U

Land for sale around the Airport at 700k. Contact me via Chi13389@gmail.com. no payment until you have seen the land
Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by intruder15(m): 12:55am On Oct 07, 2020
Awol1:

That's what alcohol told Obiano. Lol

How can u build only cargo airport in Anambra.

Isi adikwa ya mma?

Apply wisdom na. If u want to fly, asaba international airport is close to onitsha. Why build another close to onitsha?

The concept of a cargo airport makes a lot of sense. If u wan waybill or receive goods, go through Anambra. If u want to fly, go to Asaba. That way, it's a win win for both states. It's just common sense.

3 Likes

Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by globemoney: 12:58am On Oct 07, 2020
christopherozo:
What has Anambra State done to deserve this drunkard . Everything be fake propaganda and audio projects. That place will end up as a poultry farm in the future. Substandard in every way according to many people that have visit the place.
Shut up this fool. Obiano is the best Anambra Governor. You are seeing pictures and still saying propaganda. Fool

2 Likes

Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by globemoney: 12:59am On Oct 07, 2020
strangest:

A cargo airport is actually what Anambra state needs at the moment. Its a masterplan from Peter Obi
Why are you mentioning peter Obi. You don’t know who is the governor of Anambra? Obiano if you forgot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by globemoney: 1:01am On Oct 07, 2020
sammuell:

Bros aswear I dey shame me say na my state
Both you and that fool christopherozo are not from Anambra. Willie is the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by ofiko123(m): 2:36am On Oct 07, 2020
Nice one... Obiano is working..

1 Like

Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by Mathantics: 3:11am On Oct 07, 2020
Bonatheripper:

I hate to see igbos fighting.

I'm forced to believe same person handles the two username above

2 dogs and foools

Both of them are from the North

1 Like

Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by Mathantics: 3:12am On Oct 07, 2020
oneeast:

See your fat incompetent useless governor sharing kerosene instead of doing projects. Please go and get your own share of kerosene. Kerosene state hahahaha

Bloody Muhammedian pig

1 Like

Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by opribo(m): 3:12am On Oct 07, 2020
Is that what is needed in Anambra at this auspicious time. You use eight building one airport when you have other pertinent things to do

Take fpr example building an ultra modern factory, remodelling Onitsha market to meet current demands, patterning with companies to build a world class road network to mention a few.
Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by abnot: 3:12am On Oct 07, 2020
Awol1:

That's what alcohol told Obiano. Lol

How can u build only cargo airport in Anambra.

Isi adikwa ya mma?
Cargo is a huge revenue earner. Check out the cargo airport in anchorage . In this life you got to do something different . Only Passenger service airports aren’t viable and with the clear division among states in Nigeria collaboration is almost non-existent. I’d rather prefer they workout something with the Enugu government to build a cargo terminal as an appendage of akanu biam but with the division across states it will be seen to benefit Enugu and not Anambra thus enabling opposition politicians use it as a campaign point. As a result you have airports scattered all over the place in the region. Asaba , Enugu , owerri and now anambra . Ebonyi is also talking about an airport . Yet only 4 airports in Nigeria are self-sufficient with the government using the revenue gains in these four to fund the deficits in the 18+ others . As a result the viable 4 are performing far beyond its potentials and second to most airports in west Africa.
In conclusion Nigeria continues to remain a myriad with every state out there to milk the centre and get its share of the National cake. With this model I do not expect any significant economic growth In the short and long term
Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by strangest(m): 3:43am On Oct 07, 2020
globemoney:

Why are you mentioning peter Obi. You don’t know who is the governor of Anambra? Obiano if you forgot

The cargo airport masterplan was handed over to Obiano from Peter Obi,
Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by IjebuWarrior: 4:13am On Oct 07, 2020
teebaxy:
Igbo and bussiness na like 5&6 ...dem no dey joke with the word cargo, container

Keep deceiving una selves. Las las na Yoruba land una still go rush come abandon dat jungle. grin
Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by tit(f): 5:45am On Oct 07, 2020
town wey no get water and electricity, wan build airport!
ok. continue!!

1 Like

Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by ngadaAwo: 6:24am On Oct 07, 2020
IjebuWarrior:

Keep deceiving una selves. Las las na Yoruba land una still go rush come abandon dat jungle. grin
but ijebu no be yeroba na
Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by sammuell(m): 6:48am On Oct 07, 2020
globemoney:

Both you and that fool christopherozo are not from Anambra. Willie is the best
Bros you need to travel out of East so you can see what other governors are
Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 07, 2020
abnot:

Cargo is a huge revenue earner. Check out the cargo airport in anchorage . In this life you got to do something different . Only Passenger service airports aren’t viable and with the clear division among states in Nigeria collaboration is almost non-existent. I’d rather prefer they workout something with the Enugu government to build a cargo terminal as an appendage of akanu biam but with the division across states it will be seen to benefit Enugu and not Anambra thus enabling opposition politicians use it as a campaign point. As a result you have airports scattered all over the place in the region. Asaba , Enugu , owerri and now anambra . Ebonyi is also talking about an airport . Yet only 4 airports in Nigeria are self-sufficient with the government using the revenue gains in these four to fund the deficits in the 18+ others . As a result the viable 4 are performing far beyond its potentials and second to most airports in west Africa.
In conclusion Nigeria continues to remain a myriad with every state out there to milk the centre and get its share of the National cake. With this model I do not expect any significant economic growth In the short and long term

You are making sense.

Except for this interrelationships between neighbouring states' airports, what stops the Anambra airport from being built to serve both cargo and humans?
Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by Ngorbungor(m): 7:22am On Oct 07, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

I'm telling u.. I'm from Anambra.. But truth be told Obiano is an igala man.. We don't deserve him.. Our land is cursed and erosion ravaged.. We don't deserve an airport,.. Anambra should use owerri Airport

for your mind, you think you are making sense, I pity you
Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by oneeast: 7:24am On Oct 07, 2020
Awol1:

You are making sense.

Except for this interrelationships between neighbouring states' airports, what stops the Anambra airport from being built to serve both cargo and humans?

You guys keep posting out of ignorance. Anambra airport is passenger and cargo. There's no airport called vargo airport, it is the cargo facilities like warehouses, cargo handling equipments that makes it cargo. MMIA receives cargoes because it has cargo handling facilities. Every airport can process both passenger and cargo, all you need is just the required facilities.
Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by okpalaAnambra: 7:48am On Oct 07, 2020
tit:
ok. continue!!
grin grin grin grin grin that's to tell you how useless my Anambra is.. Our governor Obiano is igala

Actually Anambra doesn't deserve an airport
Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by okpalaAnambra: 7:49am On Oct 07, 2020
oneeast:

[s] You guys keep posting out of ignorance. Anambra airport is passenger and cargo. There's no airport called vargo airport, it is the cargo facilities like warehouses, cargo handling equipments that makes it cargo. MMIA receives cargoes because it has cargo handling facilities. Every airport can process both passenger and cargo, all you need is just the required facilities[/s] .
Anambra doesn't deserve an airport and will never own any airport.. That airport will be swallowed by erosion soon.. Watch out
Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by PortHarcourt1st: 7:50am On Oct 07, 2020
tit:
ok. continue!!

As a Rivers man Anambra has electricity all over the state. My worry is the kerosene state that has nothing to show except sharing kerosene cheesy

Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 07, 2020
oneeast:

You guys keep posting out of ignorance. Anambra airport is passenger and cargo. There's no airport called vargo airport, it is the cargo facilities like warehouses, cargo handling equipments that makes it cargo. MMIA receives cargoes because it has cargo handling facilities. Every airport can process both passenger and cargo, all you need is just the required facilities.

Maybe the "Cargo" is the issue there.

Why not just say Anambra airport, why the Anambra "cargo" airport?
Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by oneeast: 7:55am On Oct 07, 2020
Awol1:

Maybe the "Cargo" is the issue there.

Why not just say Anambra airport, why the Anambra "cargo" airport?

It is just a nomenclature. Lagos airport handles cargo more any airport in Nigeria but it's not tagged cargo airport
Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by PortHarcourt1st: 7:57am On Oct 07, 2020
[s]
okpalaAnambra:

Anambra doesn't deserve an airport and will never own any airport.. That airport will be swallowed by erosion soon.. Watch out
[/s]

See your cursed backward shithole Abia has been building one FLYOVER for 5yrs while Anambra has completed 5 FLYOVERS and building airport. Abia state is cursed. Tufia cheesy

Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 07, 2020
oneeast:

It is just a nomenclature. Lagos airport handles cargo more any airport in Nigeria but it's not tagged cargo airport

I feel it could be a strategy to drive it home from the very start that the airport will be handling cargo.

I get it.
Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by Mathantics: 7:59am On Oct 07, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
Truth is that I'm from Anambra but there is nothing to celebrate here, is a waste of resources, Asaba and owerri Airports are so close.. We don't have land in Anambra why waste this one.. Most of lands are gully erosion.. Anambra my state doesn't deserve an airport

Bloody Muhammedian Afonja
Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by oneeast: 8:00am On Oct 07, 2020
Awol1:

I feel it could be a strategy to drive it home from the very start that the airport will be handling cargo.

I get it.

I think that's the strategy
Re: Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) by ojialo(m): 8:02am On Oct 07, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

I'm telling u.. I'm from Anambra.. But truth be told Obiano is an igala man.. We don't deserve him.. Our land is cursed and erosion ravaged.. We don't deserve an airport,.. Anambra should use owerri Airport
you are not from Anambra state!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

TECNO Beautifies Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos (Photos) / Latest Pictures Of Abuja International Airport - Shared By Dr. Joe Abah / My Journey To Qatar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.