Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? (1545 Views)

Mosaic Floors From 1500-Yr-Old Lost Church Of The Apostles Found In Israel (Pics / Dr. Paul And Becky Enenche Take Christmas Welfare Ministration To Benue (PIX) / If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by MuttleyLaff: 1:53am On Oct 07, 2020
fanenene:
If God gave us all we need for Godly life through the death and resurrection of jesus why was Peter or Paul not rich? Philippians 4:19 and 2 Conrithians 8:9

CAN I GET AN ANSWER.
"Instead, store up riches for yourselves in heaven,
where moths and rust cannot destroy, and robbers cannot break in and steal.
"
- Matthew 6:20

"Sell your material possessions, and give the money to the poor.
Make yourselves wallets that don't wear out!
Make a treasure for yourselves in heaven that never loses its value!
In heaven thieves and moths can't get close enough to destroy your treasure.
"
- Luke 12:33

To be rich in worldly and/or perishable possessions, weren't priority for Peter, Paul and the apostles in bible days nor their focus, is your answer, lmso. I would have also quoted or provided Matthew 19:21, Mark 10:21 and/or Luke 18:22, but they actually, are a particular person specific

If you read Luke 12:33 contextually, you'll notice that it fits together with Philippians 4:19. As for 2 Corinthians 8:9, this is a naked truth nah
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by Nobody: 3:45am On Oct 07, 2020
petra1:

Its a choice. They also had their mandate from christ. For example none of them was ordained to die natural death. That doesnt mean same thing must apply to everyone else. Every man should stay in his assignment
They Were Rich. Why? They Didn't Lack Anything. Jesus Himself Asked Them? Lackest Thou Anything? They Said No. So, It's Obvious That They Were Rich & Even According To D Book Of Acts, People Brought Money At Their Feet, Some Even Sold Their Lands Or Properties & Brought D Money At Their Feet It Out Too. They Had More Than Enough. The Were Also Favoured By People. God Gave Them Favour. Read Acts Chater4 & 5.
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by Image123(m): 4:14am On Oct 07, 2020
Truvel:
They Were Rich. Why? They Didn't Lack Anything. Jesus Himself Asked Them? Lackest Thou Anything? They Said No. So, It's Obvious That They Were Rich & Even According To D Book Of Acts, People Brought Money At Their Feet, Some Even Sold Their Lands Or Properties & Brought D Money At Their Feet It Out Too. They Had More Than Enough. The Were Also Favoured By People. God Gave Them Favour. Read Acts Chater4 & 5.

Let me do it before someone greater does it. Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by fanenene(m): 5:47am On Oct 07, 2020
They were not rich. If you check the Bible in Philippians 4:15‭-‬17 GNT it says. You Philippians know very well that when I left Macedonia in the early days of preaching the Good News, *_you were the only church to help me_* ; you were the only ones who shared my profits and losses. *_More than once when I needed help in Thessalonica,* you sent it to me._ It is not that I just want to receive gifts; rather, I want to see profit added to your account. So Paul admitted that he needed help. Have u seen a rich man needing help from people? Most of our rich pastors today don't need your help.they have more than enough because they have unlocked the riches Jesus made available to christain's. instead the say you should give to the furtherance of the gospel.
Truvel:
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by fanenene(m): 5:48am On Oct 07, 2020
Thank you for your answer.
MuttleyLaff:
"

"

To be rich in worldly and/or perishable possessions, weren't priority for Peter, Paul and the apostles in bible days nor their focus, is your answer, lmso. I would have also quoted or provided Matthew 19:21, Mark 10:21 and/or Luke 18:22, but they actually, are a particular person specific

If you read Luke 12:33 contextually, you'll notice that it fits together with Philippians 4:19. As for 2 Corinthians 8:9, this is a naked truth nah

1 Like

Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by Kobojunkie: 6:09am On Oct 07, 2020
LordIsaac:
It is because, according to our motivational speakers cum pastors today, they didn't have much "faith"... Yet, Peter's shadow was raising the dead! It is only heaven that will forgive these gods of men making merchandize of the souls of men quoting Solomon and Abraham. It is a very grievous evil equating the sacrifice of Christ on the cross with material things Christ rebuked Satan for.
ROFLMAO
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

You forgot to add that the men did not pay tithe! cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by fanenene(m): 6:35am On Oct 07, 2020
It's not about tithe remember the christain's sold all they had and brought to the apostles feet some lands, gold and precious things and it was recorded that as they brought it it was shared according to everyone need. Look it up in acts 2:43-47
Kobojunkie:
ROFLMAO

Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by MuttleyLaff: 7:31am On Oct 07, 2020
petra1:
Its a choice ...
What is the choice nah, lmso

petra1:
...They also had their mandate from christ. For example none of them was ordained to die natural death. That doesnt mean same thing must apply to everyone else. Every man should stay in his assignment
Sure, we already know that some bible verses/text are person specific

Truvel:
[img]https://s5/images/sourcecfa79666e8110220.gif[/img]
Not this again

Image123:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11829336_1582692363278_jpega4976482758c7f690fb29af859459b90
I'm trying to find out how you did that magic, lmso

fanenene:
They were not rich. If you check the Bible in Philippians 4:15‭-‬17 GNT it says. You Philippians know very well that when I left Macedonia in the early days of preaching the Good News, *_you were the only church to help me_* ; you were the only ones who shared my profits and losses. *_More than once when I needed help in Thessalonica,* you sent it to me._ It is not that I just want to receive gifts; rather, I want to see profit added to your account. So Paul admitted that he needed help. Have u seen a rich man needing help from people? Most of our rich pastors today don't need your help.they have more than enough because they have unlocked the riches Jesus made available to christain's. instead the say you should give to the furtherance of the gospel
"Peter replied,
"Remember, we have left everything to be your followers! What will we get?"
(i.e. “We’ve given up everything to follow you. What will we get?”
Look, we've given up everything to follow you. What will we get out of it?)
"
- Matthew 19:27

[img]https://s6/images/orijinbitters.jpg[/img]
Word. Gbam.

Somebody please pass this my person, fanenene, this chilled bottle of orijin. Plus send him/her a truckload of kolanuts as well and after that, consider him/her sharp sharp, next governor in waiting of his/her state of origin.

Right on point on all accounts. Wehdone Sir/Ma'am! Please drink responsibly though.
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by LordIsaac(m): 7:33am On Oct 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
ROFLMAO

Exactly o
.. I just look at them and shake my head. Even Christ, when explaining what makes a true believer, emphasized love for your neighbour like the Samaritan (not calling fire on them like Ibiyomie would wish) as well as love for God (through loving your neighbour) and not necessarily tithes. Well, they thrive on the fact that an average Nigerian can hardly reason.
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by Image123(m): 8:46am On Oct 07, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11829336_1582692363278_jpega4976482758c7f690fb29af859459b90

In the words of my fellow Nigerians, na God ohhh. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin lmso2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by fanenene(m): 12:09pm On Oct 07, 2020
Sorry I don't take alcohol make it a soft drink
MuttleyLaff:

Not this again

"Peter replied,
"

Word. Gbam. No, out and out, indicting Oyedepo name, ever was mentioned by Freeze.

Somebody please pass this my person, fanenene, this chilled bottle of orijin. Plus send him/her a truckload of kolanuts as well and after that, consider him/her sharp sharp, next governor in waiting of his/her state of origin.

Right on point on all accounts. Wehdone Sir/Ma'am! Please drink responsibly though.
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by MuttleyLaff: 12:19pm On Oct 07, 2020
fanenene:
Sorry I don't take alcohol make it a soft drink
Soft drink is actually poison. Didn't you know that, lmso
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by fanenene(m): 2:56pm On Oct 07, 2020
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
MuttleyLaff:
Soft drink is actually poison. Didn't you know that, lmso
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by elated177: 6:16pm On Oct 07, 2020
LordIsaac:
It is because, according to our motivational speakers cum pastors today, they didn't have much "faith"... Yet, Peter's shadow was raising the dead! It is only heaven that will forgive these gods of men making merchandize of the souls of men quoting Solomon and Abraham. It is a very grievous evil equating the sacrifice of Christ on the cross with material things Christ rebuked Satan for.

A very grievous evil indeed! Those who will hear will hear.
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by elated177: 6:21pm On Oct 07, 2020
petra1:

Its a choice. They also had their mandate from christ. For example none of them was ordained to die natural death. That doesnt mean same thing must apply to everyone else. Every man should stay in his assignment

Will the Messiah (Christ) give any of his servants today a different "mandate" from the one he gave the Apostles? Why did you drag death into this?
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by elated177: 6:24pm On Oct 07, 2020
fanenene:
It's not about twisting the Bible it's a question because they had all it takes to make them rich but they where not.

Could you mention some of such things?
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by elated177: 6:26pm On Oct 07, 2020
fanenene:
It will be an Insult to say Jesus was rich. He was not because in him was where the rich christain's have today came out from.

Lol. What really are you on about?
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by elated177: 6:33pm On Oct 07, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:

Those old testament personalities they keep referencing weren't rushing after material possessions....it came to them.
Solomon their favourite referenced person demanded wisdom when he could have demanded so much wealth from God(the wealth which eventually led to his ruin)

And Solomon was a king. Anyone who uses king Solomon's wealth as a parameter for the followers of the Messiah is simply of the devil.

Well, I am not surprised. Many of them have made themselves kings, their wives, queens and their children, princes and princesses over their subjects and are milking them dry in order to sustain their kingdom.
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by elated177: 6:35pm On Oct 07, 2020
Truvel:

Lol...chei!

What did they do with the money brought to them? Ewoo!
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by elated177: 6:42pm On Oct 07, 2020
Image123:

Hahaha! What a wonderful interpretation!
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by elated177: 6:49pm On Oct 07, 2020
fanenene:
they have unlocked the riches Jesus made available to christain's. instead the say you should give to the furtherance of the gospel.

Ehehehehe...ewoo! Chei! Anulam otu taa! Wonderful revelation! With what key did they do the unlocking? Ahahaha...odiegwu!
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 07, 2020
fanenene:
They were not rich. If you check the Bible in Philippians 4:15‭-‬17 GNT it says. You Philippians know very well that when I left Macedonia in the early days of preaching the Good News, *_you were the only church to help me_* ; you were the only ones who shared my profits and losses. *_More than once when I needed help in Thessalonica,* you sent it to me._ It is not that I just want to receive gifts; rather, I want to see profit added to your account. So Paul admitted that he needed help. Have u seen a rich man needing help from people? Most of our rich pastors today don't need your help.they have more than enough because they have unlocked the riches Jesus made available to christain's. instead the say you should give to the furtherance of the gospel.
So What U Mean Now Is Dat D Bible Passage Where Jesus Told Dem Dat Is Not True?
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by Kobojunkie: 7:07pm On Oct 07, 2020
viyon02:
op I guess you are a small boy spiritually, firstly, you are very wrong to compare apostles era to our present generation, never you compare your pastors to the apostles which are appointed by Jesus himself, while your pastors are appointed by the devil itself in order to decive you.
ROFLMAO!
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 07, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Not this again

"Peter replied,
"

Word. Gbam. No, out and out, indicting Oyedepo name, ever was mentioned by Freeze.

Lol, Only Read Matt 19:27. U Should Read Down. After Peter Told Jesus & Asked Jesus Abt Their Reward. What Was Jesus Reply To Him? Jesus To Told Peter Dat Dey Would Recieve 10folds Of It, Including Riches, On Earth & In Heaven. Are U Now Saying Dat What Jesus Said Didn't Come To Pass In Their Life?
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by petra1(m): 8:20pm On Oct 07, 2020
elated177:

Will the Messiah (Christ) give any of his servants today a different "mandate" from the one he gave the Apostles? Why did you drag death into this?

John 21:19
Jesus said this to indicate the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. Then he said to him, “Follow me!”[

1Co 4:9 — 1Co 4:11
For it seems to me that God has put us apostles on display at the end of the procession, like those condemned to die in the arena. We have been made a spectacle to the whole universe, to angels as well as to human beings. We are fools for Christ, but you are so wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are strong! You are honored, we are dishonored! To this very hour we go hungry and thirsty, we are in rags, we are brutally treated, we are homeless.

They were not allow to have natural death. Question now is why dont you demand for death of every minister. If we must compare every minister to yhe example of the apostles on every way ,then no pastor should die by natural death . Every pastor must be killed
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by petra1(m): 8:31pm On Oct 07, 2020
Truvel:

They didn't live in opulence , they humbled themselves. But its according to their assignments. They worked with the principle of contentment.

1Ti 6:6 — 1Ti 6:9
But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

2Co 6:4 — 2Co 6:10
But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses, In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings; By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned, By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left, By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true; As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed; As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

1 Like

Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 07, 2020
elated177:

Lol...chei!

What did they do with the money brought to them? Ewoo!
4 Demselves & 4 D Gospel.
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by elated177: 2:23am On Oct 08, 2020
petra1:

John 21:19
Jesus said this to indicate the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. Then he said to him, “Follow me!”[

1Co 4:9 — 1Co 4:11
For it seems to me that God has put us apostles on display at the end of the procession, like those condemned to die in the arena. We have been made a spectacle to the whole universe, to angels as well as to human beings. We are fools for Christ, but you are so wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are strong! You are honored, we are dishonored! To this very hour we go hungry and thirsty, we are in rags, we are brutally treated, we are homeless.

They were not allow to have natural death. Question now is why dont you demand for death of every minister. If we must compare every minister to yhe example of the apostles on every way ,then no pastor should die by natural death . Every pastor must be killed

Dude, I neither know what you are talking about nor do you know what you are on about. What did natural or unnatural death have to with their wealth or lack of it during their lifetimes?

1 Like

Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by elated177: 2:24am On Oct 08, 2020
Truvel:
4 Demselves & 4 D Gospel.

Lol!
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by petra1(m): 3:32am On Oct 08, 2020
elated177:

Dude, I neither know what you are talking about nor do you know what you are on about. What did natural or unnatural death have to with their wealth or lack of it during their lifetimes?

Its an example for you that you dont judge on man by another man life-style. The apostles had their cross based on their specific assignment. If Paul did not marry based on his assignment you shouldn't judge those who marry. If some lived a life of sacrifice to comfort you dhouod not judge those who live in comfort. Every man answer to his maker. So you can read my post again agsin with this explanation
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by MuttleyLaff: 3:38am On Oct 08, 2020
Truvel:
Lol, Only Read Matt 19:27. U Should Read Down. After Peter Told Jesus & Asked Jesus Abt Their Reward. What Was Jesus Reply To Him? Jesus To Told Peter Dat Dey Would Recieve 10folds Of It, Including Riches, On Earth & In Heaven. How U Now Saying Dat What Jesus Said Didn't Come To Pass In Their Life?

fanenene:
If God gave us all we need for Godly life through the death and resurrection of jesus why was Peter or Paul not rich? Philippians 4:19 and 2 Conrithians 8:9

CAN I GET AN ANSWER.

MuttleyLaff:
"

"

Truvel, please print here the bible verse that supports your claim that "Jesus To Told Peter Dat Dey Would Recieve 10folds Of It, Including Riches, On Earth & In Heaven" sic.

Thank you in advance for printing the bible verse(s), so we can use it to check the veracity of your claim. At least by this we can see if your "Jesus To Told Peter Dat Dey Would Recieve 10folds Of It, Including Riches, On Earth & In Heaven" sic is authentic or spurious, lmso

1 Like

Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by fanenene(m): 5:38am On Oct 08, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Oga blabber mouth what are you blabbing? No bitcoin business then.

PS: Money wise, Judas was the first scamming believer.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Elated177 Come On Zoom And Prove Your God, Don't Be A Coward / The Five Fold MINISTRIES :DISCERNING Your Calling By BURDENS / Beautiful Picture Of Jesus And His Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.