Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,632 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:18 AM

Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? (1875 Views)

Mosaic Floors From 1500-Yr-Old Lost Church Of The Apostles Found In Israel (Pics / Dr. Paul And Becky Enenche Take Christmas Welfare Ministration To Benue (PIX) / If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by Blabbermouth: 7:47am On Oct 08, 2020
fanenene:
Oga blabber mouth what are you blabbing?
Like I said - no bitcoin business then.
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 08, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Truvel, please print here the bible verse that supports your claim that "Jesus To Told Peter Dat Dey Would Recieve 10folds Of It, Including Riches, On Earth & In Heaven" sic.

Thank you in advance for printing the bible verse(s), so we can use it to check the veracity of your claim. At least by this we can see if your "Jesus To Told Peter Dat Dey Would Recieve 100folds Of It, Including Riches, On Earth & In Heaven" sic is authentic or spurious, lmso
I Can't Print It Out Because Of D Kind Of Phone I'm Using. It's An Itel Java Phone. Read Matt19:27-29.
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 08, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
"Instead, store up riches for yourselves in heaven,
where moths and rust cannot destroy, and robbers cannot break in and steal.
"
- Matthew 6:20

"Sell your material possessions, and give the money to the poor.
Make yourselves wallets that don't wear out!
Make a treasure for yourselves in heaven that never loses its value!
In heaven thieves and moths can't get close enough to destroy your treasure.
"
- Luke 12:33

To be rich in worldly and/or perishable possessions, weren't priority for Peter, Paul and the apostles in bible days nor their focus, is your answer, lmso. I would have also quoted or provided Matthew 19:21, Mark 10:21 and/or Luke 18:22, but they actually, are a particular person specific

If you read Luke 12:33 contextually, you'll notice that it fits together with Philippians 4:19. As for 2 Corinthians 8:9, this is a naked truth nah
So, U Mean Dey Were Not Rich, Dat Means Dey Were Poor. Do U Really Know What It Means To Be Poor? Cuz, Ur Analyzation Of D Bible Seems To Be Carnal.
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by fanenene(m): 4:52pm On Oct 08, 2020
compare and judge for yourself.
Truvel:
So What U Mean Now Is Dat D Bible Passage Where Jesus Told Dem Dat Is Not True?
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by fanenene(m): 4:58pm On Oct 08, 2020
Read the Bible form when Jesus said those
words and see if they were rich. They had the opportunity to be rich but choose to more salvation conscious in their approach to the work that was given to them by the Lord jesus.
Truvel:
Lol, Only Read Matt 19:27. U Should Read Down. After Peter Told Jesus & Asked Jesus Abt Their Reward. What Was Jesus Reply To Him? Jesus To Told Peter Dat Dey Would Recieve 10folds Of It, Including Riches, On Earth & In Heaven. Are U Now Saying Dat What Jesus Said Didn't Come To Pass In Their Life?
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by Image123(m): 5:05pm On Oct 08, 2020
Truvel:
I Can't Print It Out Because Of D Kind Of Phone I'm Using. It's An Itel Java Phone. Read Matt19:27-29.

This is a great irony of the thread. You mean you are using a java phone? Java phone? Meaning you didn't receive the reset enabling slap? And you are here saying people are 10times rich.
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 08, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Truvel, please print here the bible verse that supports your claim that "Jesus To Told Peter Dat Dey Would Recieve 10folds Of It, Including Riches, On Earth & In Heaven" sic.

Thank you in advance for printing the bible verse(s), so we can use it to check the veracity of your claim. At least by this we can see if your "Jesus To Told Peter Dat Dey Would Recieve 10folds Of It, Including Riches, On Earth & In Heaven" sic is authentic or spurious, lmso
100folds, I Mean To Say.
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by elated177: 8:00pm On Oct 08, 2020
petra1:

Its an example for you that you dont judge on man by another man life-style. The apostles had their cross based on their specific assignment. If Paul did not marry based on his assignment you shouldn't judge those who marry. If some lived a life of sacrifice to comfort you dhouod not judge those who live in comfort. Every man answer to his maker. So you can read my post again agsin with this explanation

Lol! He has dragged marriage into it, kwa!
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by MuttleyLaff: 8:05pm On Oct 08, 2020
Truvel:
100folds, I Mean To Say.
[img]https://s5/images/ezgif-2-bb81ab7ea10d.gif[/img]
You've just woken up to that, lmso
OK, let's have the verse with your "... Including Riches, On Earth ..." claim. Type the verse here, lmso

1 Like

Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by petra1(m): 8:35pm On Oct 08, 2020
elated177:

Lol! He has dragged marriage into it, kwa!

What ever will cause the message to be driven in nah

1 Like

Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by elated177: 9:08pm On Oct 08, 2020
petra1:

What ever will cause the message to be driven in nah

You mean whatever that will help you dodge the fact?
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by petra1(m): 11:26pm On Oct 08, 2020
elated177:

You mean whatever that will help you dodge the fact?

Whats the facts again. I thought The facts have been addressed by my illustrations
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by elated177: 8:19am On Oct 09, 2020
petra1:

Whats the facts again. I thought The facts have been addressed by my illustrations

Mtcheeeew!
Re: Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? by petra1(m): 9:06am On Oct 09, 2020
elated177:

Mtcheeeew!

You too Mtcheeeew! X2 cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) / Women Always Kill Potential Children Of God / Rhapsody Of Realities PDF Download For March 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.